{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Hello daddies,
How are you?And the kids?
Noe well, the virus of vomiting and fever has passed, he vaccinated from the flu A and now he is very good, with the occasional mucus, but hey, that until June has it.
On the theme of the catheters it has not happened to us again, it must have been that lot, because we are already in the second box of the new ones and it costs a lot to remove them, so without problems.
Well, let's see if you have a ratin and go on to tell you something.
A kiss.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/19/2009 3:51 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It is true Marcita, how little we write .... I hope it is because our kids all are very good .....
Today I started with the minilink (well I placed it yesterday, with a tremendous disgust for Angela, you did not believe) ... since the summer we did not put it, in summer because it took off and then because it broke down and until a couple of week agoWe have not had it .... Let's see how, I will tell you ... for now we will take it to calibrate it well, which is almost the most important.
Becky, Santesteban, Lena, Mani, Maclaudi, and to those who forget ... you don't sell yourself so expensive .....
Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/19/2009 4:26 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

What expensive nothing !!!I think it is that things are well as you say.
Topics: Alcohol to take off the wonderful catheter.What we have only taken from it once but was so happy ...
The oblique catheters that had told me that I only used in Navarra, now there are two other children who have proposed the change, I am no longer "the pedorra" and I think that the data I gave them came well to the nurses.
When I take out the catheter after 4 days it is usually crooked, I mean, it is not a straight line, it happens to you?
What angle do you give when clicking?If I give little I think it really hurts when you enter.
Someone lasts 5 days the catheters
Marcita, was Noe that of La Mancha in the eye?Or I'm lying.If so, what was left.
LERNA, where are you, how are you going?
And the others?
As you can always ask.
My one -year -old son, I have it stuck and wants to write at the same time as with the computer keyboard, we have been exhausting to write 4 lines, gyms for what?
Kisses

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
11/19/2009 10:09 a.m.

Good morning,
No Santesteban, it was not that of La Mancha in the eye, it was only and it seems that the thing is solution with creatures, I think it goes better, at least I hope so.You are right, it is hard to remove the catheter, it is stuck that gives glory, now I have tried to take it with soapy water and it goes better, do you give you bactroban when you remove the catheter?The pediatrician told me to give it to me, even if it did not look bad, at least at the time of removing it.
Well, I put the mess, that today I have a jelly.
Kisses.

DiabetesForo
11/20/2009 3:40 a.m.

Well Santesteban it seems that things are going, huh ??? .... I'm glad.Let's see if you may rest a little.
I do not hurry the catheter 5 days, except that I forget (which has happened to me on occasion) ... but it is true that with 5 days it starts to work worse ... with 4 goes perfect, with 4 andhalf almost always well and from 5 it is already risking a lot ...
I don't know if the ointment you say is to heal, Marcita.I don't put anything on him, except aloe once.It is that Angela with the normal catheter was barely a signal, we were going to have perpecta skin, but now, with the obliques, yes it is marked ... Tell me what it is for and especially the side effects.
I have already put on the Route about the Minilink, Joooo, is that when Chuta is wonderful ... tonight it has been stable between 130 and 140, I have to hurry a little more, that the night is magnificent to "make hemo"Or not, of course ... but the important thing is tranquility .... Let's see if it doesn't protest me so much ...
And little more, that I start studying, that today we have it quite liado, and at 12 we have to leave.
Kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/20/2009 4:12 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone.A few days ago they told me about this forum, I have observed it and it seems that I like it.I am a mother of teenager with DM1 since October 2001 and July 09 bomb, many fears and fears are the ones that barely let me sleep despite the fact that she is quite responsible, but you know the age of the hateful bottle begins.

David's Mama, 16, debut at 8 years old and Midatronic Bomb since July 09.

DiabetesForo
11/23/2009 4:46 p.m.

Hello everyone forgive not having written before but ... we have been very lid.

The little one took the flu A, so imagine a weekly round, fever, mucus, headache and glycemia better or speak.

Then she has had her first excursion this year, last year the nurse accompanied her, this year no, so we had to go with her because if they didn't let her go.Totally discriminatory, we are already moving to solve the issue because we are clear that we are not going to claudicate.

In the school we have had a setback, this year a new teacher has touched her (last year's not fixed year) and ... it is a screaming !!, to the little this this very distressing her, she does not want to go to school and she criesWhen going and going to bed thinking that the next day he has to go to school.Today we have a meeting with the ProfeGlycemia in school.

Anyway, as you see, everything has happened to us, the oblique cateters very well, although they do not usually last more than 3 days, we risk a 300 if we hurry them, perhaps our daughter does not have any reserve and that is why I immediatelyThey stop working they take it to 300 long.But otherwise very well.They hurt her more when we put them despite throwing her cremita, with others she no longer cried.

Ah welcome to all the new moms, then later I enter and read everything because you have written a lot.

DiabetesForo
11/24/2009 3:27 a.m.

Hello, everyone.As Velia told you, Claudia caught the flu A. last week
I didn't know whether to vaccinate her or not, well ...
Thanks to its diabetes pediatrician we follow the protocol that must be established for cases of chronic patients.

He started fever on Sunday night.Chills, 39º that at most went down to 37.8 after four hours of having given him the junifen and glycemia that did not fall from 380 ... every 1.30 control and insulin.
The insulin that she carries in total is more or less about 17 or 18 units in total between basal and bolus because she has insulin bomb.That night I put him on 15 units and did nothing.
In the morning he had acetone to 2.3 and still did not lower anything so I called the pediatrician to visit the hospital for diabetes and told me to follow these steps:
1st.Emergency admission explaining the symptoms to pass it to the pediatrics plant
2nd.In the pediatric plant they did the test for the diagnosis that consists of putting a serum through the nose and expel by the mouth in a sting that they send to analyze.What happened is that the nurse like the girl moved a little could not be done and began to bleed through her nose.
3rd.Again the proof that consists of putting the serum again through a probe that puts the serum by the nose and you take it out in your mouth.
4th.They tell you that in three or four hours you will have the result.
We entered the hospital at 10.30 and left at 18.30.During those hours I had to take care of the amounts that I put the girl because nobody had an idea.They feed us at two and more and more nervous ...
5th.Result.Flu to positive.Treatment.Junifen according to fever, tamiflú every 8 hours and if we are still bad that we return to the hospital ...

Claudia already at the hospital was referring the fever.Luckily because they did not have Junifen, only paracetamol suppositories that after the probe with less bad probe.
Throughout the morning I went down the basal of 2.00 u/h that came to take during the night and part of the day to 1.00 u/h.
From 17.00 he started down.Two juice bowls were taken in two hours and almost did not rise from 60 ....

Upon arriving home to the pharmacy to look for Tamiflu.They give you a role that you have to deliver in the pharmacy that seems to be something important.But at least it's free ...

In general, removing the first two days when the breeding was more pochica and fever but not much well.
Now, the glycemia did not normalize until Saturday.
The first two days was low.I lowered the basal.Then Wednesday began to be high.I uploaded basal and Bolus and did not go down from 200 without acetone, less bad.
The similar Thursday and Friday less badly we started to see the light ...

Anyway, we have already spent something else, I have returned to work, the girl to school and at least this is already passed, because we carry a grat ... we do not deprive ourselves of anything .... gastroenteritis, fluA ..... for not having several problems with the father of the girls who fortunately I am divorced ... and that he does not know today as his daughter is despite being aware that he has been withthe flu A .... no comments ....

Kisses to all and Juanlu, we are from the haha ​​group

macllaudi's profile photo
macllaudi
11/24/2009 5:02 a.m.

Good morning!!!
Chus, welcome !!!!I have already greeted you on the route ... yes, what a age too !!!And as one of my people said, this is like measles ... you have to pass it:-/ ... to see if that stage is not very hard.
Lena, go !!!Not only because of the flu A, which at least had it, but because of discrimination: shock: and the little boy of the little one ... My intimate friend Mamen is a child's teacher, sweet as she alone and worried that the childrenBe happy at school (thus arrives acasa after the working day, defeat) ... The worst thing that can happen to a little one is that it takes fear of school, hopefully you put remedy on time and the girl enjoy this stage again.
Maclaudi, what a joy to read you ... The important thing is that everything is fine and returning to the routine will clear you (the week I was at home locked up when Angela and I fell bad I thought I climbed the walls) ... the"Unpresentable" without comments ... I suppose these "people" so malicious will not be able to sleep quietly and that must already be a cross ....
Here we are going well ... something overwhelmed because I don't focus on the opposition, I should get more time, but there is so much to do, Angela claims so long with her activities and others, and I have such accumulated tiredness, that I give up50%: ((:-/ And I cost me a whole overwriting ... Thank you that other plots of my life are quiet, and that I am very fortunate to have this husband of mine by my side, that so much support lends me ...Aynssss, que me pongo ñoña, jajajaaj....
I put the mess ... kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/24/2009 5:24 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Very good.
Lena and Maclaudi, which girls have had flu and not being as serious as they painted it takes away a weight of Enciam, because I have already decided not to vaccinate Celia and what God wants.

Maclaudi, so you have, you have got rid of someone "toxic", so I congratulate you.Your daughters have a great mother.If his father is not, to give him, he misses him.Do not stop coming to the forum, okay?

Chus, Celia is 15. It's celebrating the 16th month, so I understand you very well.Anyway, I think Celia has been the terror of the house, the doctors and the forum for at least two years.Luckily it seems that the storm is referring, because it had exhaustion.

Health to all

DiabetesForo
11/24/2009 1:08 p.m.

Welcome Chus !!!!How complicated the adolescence sounds ... I am still in the phase of feeding my mouth (it is a face) although when I go it will go from feeding the mouth to go from bottle.Much encouragement
Mcllaudi, it's already passed, often pidgao !!
We are in it (I think the flu) but I will not go to the pediatrician since it seems that the worst has happened (in two days) and now we only have fever (37.4).
We are one of those who decide not to vaccinate, in addition to either flu.The endocrine was more than agree but his pediatrician was not funny.So I will go auscultated if the fever lasts two more days.Tamiflú gives me a lot of repair since I know that of many side effects of vomiting and is what most uncontrolled to David.
Our goal of these days is to be below 200 and 50% of the measurements we do not achieve it.
Lena what a pleasure to read, although what you have ..... in the diabetes days that were here, it was considered that the solution to the problem of young children in school was that there was a nurse in all and thus they would be in charge of glycemia,Hypos insulins, hypers ... but I see that the problems do not end there.Great sensitivity on your school.It will already touch us too.Do not claudiqueis!
Kisses

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
11/24/2009 5:03 p.m.

Very good, family.
Maclaudi, how much pleasure makes me read you and I am glad that the little one has had a good thing well, without as much gravity as they sell us, although he would have you in without living, right?I am also glad that you have undone of such a character and ole your co ... (I was going to say colindrones, with forgiveness) for moving forward with your life and that of your daughters.
Lena, you also have yours, the school ... What am I going to tell you, that you do not stop fighting.I know a similar case, the baby until vomiting before going to school for the fear he has, so you will be.
Velia, how about Angela with the Minilink?The Bactroban is to avoid an infection, as that tip opens for a while ... but then I also give it aloe.
Here without novelty.Beky How are you?
Has anyone known again from Mari.gar or sweet?They haven't passed centuries here.
Well, I continue with the task.Good day.

DiabetesForo
11/25/2009 7 a.m.

Touc touches, can you?

I see that there are nenes pachuchitos and some already recovered: P
We are fine. The baby and I do not speak very strongly has not caught me any viruses ,,, while I have taken everything ....
I am in sinvivir with that of the flu vaccine, because they have called us to vaccinate and I do not know what to do ... when "the new flu" was the first to want the vaccines, when I saw the side effects, adverse and the composition of the vaccine, (back in August), that they experience with others ... and now that I see two girls have died without prior pathology and that have vaccinated and nothing has happened, I am even more linked.
In the end that I don't know what to do ... if I put it on and something happens, uff and if I do not put it and happen I would not forgive me
What a roll I have mounted
Well I'm going to see if I read you and I get up to date
By the way I have seen many bomber@s now !!!
kisses

dulce's profile photo
dulce
11/25/2009 12:09 p.m.

Good morning!!!!
Sweet, how good to see you here again ... I'm glad to know that the little things are going well.Regarding the vaccine, they have brought us out ... I have already taken the decision of not vaccinating, I have scrambled Rome with Santiago looking for more or less expert opinions and in the end I have reached that conclusion ... I will not give it moreReturn because it makes no sense ...
Shandra, how are you going with the minilink?Yesterday ends ours.7 wonderful days !!!We have observed that although it came well to the POS, at breakfast for example at the time or thus it was put in more than 200, and we have already solved putting a higher basal in that section ... otherwise, the nights have beenquite stable ... We do not know if putting it today or waiting for Monday, because this weekend is with your father and does not control this issue very well, and as the fundamental thing is to calibrate well, we may leave it for next week.
It is true, Marcita, Mari.gar, José, and some more who did not go through here ... to see if they are encouraged and tell us how they are going.
Kisses

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/26/2009 4:51 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Very good,
Sweet if I mention you before ... I'm very happy to read you again and above all that the little one goes so well and "dribbling" the viruses.
I don't go around the vaccine, I put it on and that's it, for better or worse.
Phew!They call me from school ... They have already finished with the churros, I am going to make the insu quickly ... What to enjoy the bomb for these cases!
Then I spend again, kisses.

DiabetesForo
11/26/2009 4:59 a.m.

Hello everyone, how are you?I a little pisridge, for varying.
I work in the administration and with medical report, entry into the hospital, personal conditions several asked for a illness to be with my daughter, when he had the flu A and have denied it.
Arguments
- They are not an NGO
- I could leave her with another person to do the controls every hour/ hour and a half, measure her acetone, raise or go down basal, put bolus or not put bolus, etc, etc, etc.
- With 6 years a type I diabetic girl, an insulin -dependent can already be "independent and autonomous"
- I can hire someone, despite not having economic means to do so and that not anyone would be willing to take care of a diabetic girl with flu

Anyway, as a saying of my land says: "Arrieros are and on the way we will meet"

A hug to all and have a good weekend

macllaudi's profile photo
macllaudi
11/27/2009 5:40 a.m.

Very good,
Today it seems Saturday: Noe without school, celebrating teacher's day and my maid without working, today has the day off, so as if it were a Saturday ...
Maclaudi, if there is each energetic out there, if I touched them, another rooster would sing.
Well yesterday the chocolate went wonderfully, she super happy and the glycemia as they should be, so everyone happy.
Have a good day.

DiabetesForo
11/27/2009 7:33 a.m.

How about family?
Very welcome to the new ones, this is very good to increase the small family.
How good to see the missing.McLaudi I'm glad that the baby is already fully recovered, small ballot.To the "unnameable", because that ...... pills for cough;) a lot of strength, you are a champion, pretty.
Sweet, to see if you spend more and tell us how the girl is going.How about everything in school?Many kisses for the little one.
Lena, I hope you will soon solve the school because they would not have to consent to that kind of behavior to any teacher and less of children, with how small they are.
Velia, how are you?I see that again with the blessed pot.Our endocrine wanted to talk to those who have a bomb to tell us news, to see if Minilink theme comes out and something can be done.By the way, a list of hospitals that do not put a bomb in the diabetes magazine has come out, but it seems to me that many are missing.
Here without news, we have spent a catarrin but my alien moccos have already returned, Caguentoloquesenene.On the vaccine I am glad that the only one had not been to not put it because the truth felt the crazy of the forum a bit: Mrgreen:
By the way, do you know something about putting water with sugar from the culete to the children to overcome severe hypoglycemia?It is a curiosity of mani and mine.
Well, kisses for all

Beky's profile photo
Beky
11/27/2009 11:39 a.m.

Maclaudi, textual words of Juanlu: Write a letter to all the newspapers in Spain with a holder who says: "They deny disease permission to the mother of a 6 -year -old girl, diabetics and flu A, for being interim" ....
I pissed off, really ... now that I am studying the laws of public function, and that I see the amount of permits, licenses, days and others that officials have almost for anything, and that they come to you with this ....My my, how is the world !!! ... courage!
Becky, to see if they are already entering the ring of new technologies !!!A little above and I haven't seen anything.When I have some more time I will look at ... who has told you?
Marcita, I'm glad that the chocolate one went out so well, hey and how lucky to have caught so soon the quiet to the "special meals", of course, it cost me very much tests .... what good!
Well, today I already have the half -made morning, and I wanted to have invested some more time to study, and now I only have one horrific ...
Kisses and good sabadete.;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/28/2009 7:13 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Very good !!
What a Sunday day, totally winter, cold, air and rain !!Finally, with the fault he does ...
Beky, I'm glad to read you and that the little ones are fine, in you the alien moccos have found good ally, huh?:)) take care of yourself.
Yesterday we took Noe for the first time to the cinema, I did not have them all with me and I thought we would have to leave before finishing, but nothing, the aunt enjoyed as a dwarf, so we will soon repeat experience.
That you remain well.Kisses and good Sunday.

DiabetesForo
11/29/2009 5:52 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.