{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Santesteban a strong hug for you from Juanlu and mine ... we imagine how hard these moments will be for your family ... and what reason are you about the people who fight every day to live ... I often think about it, whenI am tired or depressed ...
Kisses.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/05/2009 3:48 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Santesteban, a hug to both.To follow ...

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
11/06/2009 12:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Santesteban, another hug from me.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/06/2009 2:08 p.m.

Santesteban, I also join the Forero hug and send you a lot of encouragement.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
11/07/2009 9:35 a.m.

Santesteban, the same, a very strong hug.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
11/07/2009 7:22 p.m.

Santesteban: a hug, and courage for these hard moments.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
11/08/2009 3:05 a.m.

Thank you all for your internal hugs, they come very well.

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
11/08/2009 4:42 p.m.

Hello daddies .... I have updated, that until today I have not found myself at all.
First, welcome Momita ... we hope to have you here ... with respect to the minilink, we put it on the waist on the left part and column, and that is where we rotate ... at the beginningThe longer it takes it, it will be better, especially until you take the quiet, and you observe the trends that the little one has, then you can put 14 days and rest 1 or 2 weeks, so will the area.And of course, as Sandra, I recommend patience, and dedication, so then everything will be easier for you.
Ask what you need, to see if we can help you.
Santesteban, how are you going?
Lena, you are missing, tell us something woman.
Mani, Becky, Marcita, Jose, Alea and the others, that you have a good day.
Kisses.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/09/2009 11:48 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Velia.
I would like to consult you ... the bubbles, I do not know what can happen but they go twice that I find bubujazas, an empty section of about two centimeters, thankfully I have caught it on time but I do not know how it could have happened to me,In the assistance phone they have told me that it may be because the reservoirs are wrong, another option is the small bubbles that are formed in the reservoir they come together and create those bubbles.You ever happened to you?They have told me that it is better to use roads to avoid bubbles, what do you use?

mornita's profile photo
mornita
11/10/2009 10:19 a.m.

Hi Mornita, the bubbles is a problem that happens to us from time to time, especially with temperature changes.Anyway Mani, another mother of the forum taught me a long time ago to fill the reservoir using the pen as if it were a vial, that is, extracting the insulin slowly (instead of loading the pen), so we avoid many of the bubbles, butIt has an inconvenience that is that the pen you use cannot use it to prick it, since the embolo is loose and the insulin loading mechanism no longer works (that is easy to solve having another ball in case you need it).
Another thing you can do is see if you have bubbles in the cable when you connect again after the bathroom, that there are times that TB.They are formed.
How about our kids?Resisting viruses, desire.
Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/11/2009 3:53 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone again I feel written so afternoon in the afternoon but well you know a madness of life.The first thing I am very sorry Santiesteban I hope you overcome it soon for everything else tell you that at the question of the financing of the continuous meter everything runs on my own a past but well gives us a lot of peace of mind and the truth is that we needed it.The rotation I put it in the culete and the pump in the gut that is where it works best gets 4 days if we want, the truth even if I have those problems that I comment before I do it if I recommend it because when I get stabilize a littleHugo will work well.I say it because when you have decent days it works very well and I already tell you, it is a huge tranquility to know that to any change the alarm warns you and I assure you that their fingers have rested greatly.I hope to write more often and what you have to ask do not hesitate to do it for everyone.

shandra's profile photo
shandra
11/11/2009 6:51 a.m.

Good morning, family.
Shandra, I'm glad that the thing goes better and as they grow also becomes less unstable.
Velia, I have not understood very well those that by extracting the insulin from the pen, the embolus is loose.I can use it again to prick if necessary, the pen is intact ...:?: :(.
As for the bubbles, before yesterday it happened to me, a huge bubble, of more than 2 cms and billed it to that, to the change of temperatures, I suppose.Nothing, fixed and marching.
How about the other daddies and little?

DiabetesForo
11/11/2009 7:30 a.m.

It is difficult to describe how I feel, discover that Aleix (5 years) is diabetic for his whole life ......... it is difficult to assume it, it costs Cerertlo, you try to look for information, your head collapses with so many data, so much information thatWhen you go to sleep or try, because I am in the initial process, everything is doubts all questions, I will be doing well, I am doing the right thing it is, I never thought I would touch me, although there are more diabetics in the family I never thoughtIn which I would be my little son who would touch him, I only hope to wait and how not to see him again as he was before diagnosing it (it was late since he fell asleep, the sad thing about this was his pediatrician IHe said that everything was psychological) this content is laughing like a normal child who is.All the best.Tere

tere's profile photo
tere
11/11/2009 8:20 a.m.

Tere,
Of course we understand you, all of us have gone through that and it has cost us to assume it, make ourselves to the idea and sometimes sometimes, at least to me, I get the lowness thinking that it will virtually spend its whole life linked to this happydisease.But what you say, see them well, laughing, playing ... is the only thing that matters, no matter our sacrifices, or our nights without sleep, or our concerns, only his smile and his "thank you mommy, for taking care of myself so much".
Much encouragement and here we are for you to vent, for your doubts ... for what you need.

DiabetesForo
11/11/2009 9:28 a.m.

Very good.Here we continue, at the foot of the canyon.
I have been reading you even if I did not write.
Many tere moods, it is a more tired life that begins when your son debuts with diabetes but he will be equally happy.
On the subject bubbles, I usually sin of not looking as a protocol every day the cable in search of bubbles.I did not know that they were formed by temperature changes.When I discover them the bolus -based purities.And I charge the insulin from the vivid although I do not think it influence the bubbles since even if you do not have any in the reservoir when you change the catheter then they are made.
Wonderful oblique catheters, 4 days last without problems.I have a problem and although I asked them to the hospital that the bomb material does not reach them and I have already waiting.I am the only Navarra who uses them and has no order code in the hospital.The nurses did not know their existence and I think they believe that we are very careful pedorros that we are looking at the last one that comes out in diabetes to ask for it.I don't care.Our nurses are very nice but I think they know almost anything.
Kisssssss

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
11/11/2009 4:43 p.m.

Hi Tere, of course we understand perfectly what you feel ...They made everything much more complicated ... It was not a good time, but time attenuLittle louder and of course happier ... 6 years later, I can assure you that my daughter behaves like any of her class's girls, that her illness does not prevent her from developing normally, who does sports, plays, RieAnd enjoy as the one that has its bad days, to rebel when it does not have good control and has to measure yourself much more, or when the catheters fail and it has to change 2 on the same day, but that essentially it isA happy girl.
I am sure that you will soon start living this stage in a more positive way ... and it seems that no, but sharing your anguish, fears, your achievements ... will make you feel much better.A hug and here we are for what you need ... By the way, where are you from?

Marcita, when I refer to extracting insulin, is to extract it as if it were a road (I suppose that they will have taught you "loading 60 units of the pen and throw them into the reservoir" That is at least what they told usWhen we start ... the other is to click the reservoir and throw the bottom to fill it, then you will see that the plunger inside the pen is loose and even if you try to load it, if you squeeze, it does not leave insulin.
I don't know if I have explained.

Lena is still missing, I hope it's just a bit of laziness.

How do you kids?

Becky, have you already released the Moccos?

Shandra, how good to read you, the truth is that your testimony is very positive, especially in the face of satesteban and Mornita that will be the next users ....

Come, kisses and good night.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/11/2009 5:03 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Santesteban, we have crossed ... hahahahaha, because less bad that you have looked on the internet, because the problem you had with the catheters was a great pocket ... and the same thing I say, if you are forces, then better for your son, right???
On the bubbles, from the road if you extract it slowly, less bubbles are formed than if you throw them with the pen ...
Kisses

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/11/2009 5:05 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone, Tere we know exactly as you feel, I think I still feel like the first day that my son debuted.But it is comfortable to know that many people from this forum have been diabetes for a long time and despite having felt just like your now, everything goes to live with this that anguish of the principle is happening and although as I say there are many times thatReturn looks another way.Don't worry, you will see how every day you see the clearest things and the important thing is in the end that your son laughs and plays like anyone, he is with you and you can enjoy every day his trastas and joys like any child.It must be clear that they are not different from others simply need more accentuated control than other children.A lot of encouragement and strength for you and your family.A kiss for everyone.

shandra's profile photo
shandra
11/12/2009 6:37 a.m.

Welcome Tere.
I am not going to repeat because Velia speaks so well that in a nutshell he has explained what I believe here we feel.
My girl debuted with 8 months and will soon be 5 years old and makes a normal life.Time will pass and how you can see that your child is happy.That is what you have to put more effort.
A kiss and a lot of strength.Here we are here to help you.
Yes, Velia we are in the "expulsion of mucus" but you know how much they love us, especially me.Nyah is with otitis and cannot go to the Pisci with what he likes, for the rest, celebrating meetings, conferences ....... You know the usual these days for diabetics.By the way, I remembered you because I went to a talk by Iñaki Lorente and at the end of the conference he said "that the force accompanied you," I thought, what does this sound like?, Who would have copied to whom ???:))
Well, kisses for everyone, I hope that all the kids are well and daddies also of course.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
11/14/2009 5:27 a.m.

Hello Papis, I have already put on the route the day of the diabetes in Cáceres and what I liked the organized activities ... Ángela came out on the news of La 1 (they carried the banner that headed the march) ...It is very good.
Becky, I'm glad that the mucos are already coming out (if it serves you comfort, I still walk something) ... and I'm glad you would remember me, hahahahaha ....
Besinos and good night for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/14/2009 3:43 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.