{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Marcita, I see you very resolved and controlling a mogollón already with the pump.I had not started with square bowling until a month.My call Velia was to talk about many things about which you are talking about: the postpandrals of the squares, duration of the squares, rebobed empanados, fats ..... that your comments are coming from pearl.
The catheter has been taken off again.It has been floating in the banñera to the minimum contact with the water and was already the 2nd prick of the day.A horror goes!
I have called Medtronic and his argument has been that the lot will be bad for storage or transport since they have not changed the adhesive.We have spoken that the diameter has decreased a bit to the pegata and I believe that TB has to influence.Less contact surface Minor Sujection.I have also told him that although I have no objective data for me that work worse.I am making a hyper without known reason eating things that are already very controlled ....
On Tuesday the Medtronic of the area will contact and the boxes will change.Hopefully it is solucionable.How bad you had to spend this summer with Angela Velia's catheters.
Kisses !

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
10/10/2009 4:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Santesteban, the same is happening to us with the catheters, what a cloth!We have told us more or less the same, the fact is that more punctures are carried.Let's see if they solve it.
I still have the issue of empanados I have not touched it, Noe has never eaten them, it's a matter of trying.
Kisses.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/10/2009 5:06 p.m.

I hallucinate with the things you tell about the reviews, here I am in charge of reminding them that annual analyzes have to do and that is supposed to be the pediatric, they say, it is the best.Last year I asked about the background and they made me the steering wheel but come on, electro, watch feet, etc., nothing, do not even look at the punctures if I say nothing.And the diabetological education, that is an utopia around here, we do not even have a nurse we can ask.In fact, Nayah is no longer looking at the "endocrine" (he does not have the specialty as such) but a resident.

On the subject of the rebozados, empanados, we do not solid them either but we have started preparing them from time to time because we are already a little boring to always eat everything the same, but until we arrive with the theme of the post and fats.

With the catheter we are not having any problem for now but I imagine that everything will be a question of time if they do not solve it.

Marcita, it is normal for you to find the guideline, but you do not think that by having the pump we do not finish riding the famous X files, although now they are very facile to solve much.By the way, as the churros hydrates we have never given them but if it ever arises it would not be bad to know more or less the reference.
Velia, many times do you leave me hallucinated as control, what about 300 couldn't it have been a bubble?I would have thought about.
It seems that Nyah is already getting better and glycemia too, to see if we continue.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
10/12/2009 2:49 p.m.

Very good,
I come a bit angry, the catheter has been removed again in the school: Twisted: Twisten: And they go three times, from Medtronic they say that if the adhesive will be wrong, that if I do not know what, the case is thatThe poor girl is no longer quiet to school, in case the "sticker", says his teacher who is not for pulls, they also carry Babi and the whole system is covered, can it be that sweat will clear that way?Well, either, yesterday we were all day of the field and with the heat that did not sweat even for the eyelashes and did not take away, in short, I do not know, the case is that I am a little mosques with this issue, millions are spent millionsIn the bomb and then, the most bascical, fails.In the end...
Good day.

DiabetesForo
10/13/2009 8:21 a.m.

But what anger!
Sweat is not safe ... They have not sweated in summer and nothing happened.They had changed the boxes, right?
It seems to me that the catheter sticker is less "elastic" in addition to smaller
We have lasted two days because we have not shower because if I ..... I am still waiting for me to call me the Medtronic of my area to talk about the subject.I think I will call him at the end, since I will not spend more days without bathing David.
I hope this is solved

santesteban
10/13/2009 10:23 a.m.

Good afternoon!!!!
To us to take off the catheter has only given me a root of the LabMdalina, they already warned me that this was the biggest inconvenience of using it, the one that would not stick the catheter well, so I take great care of removing the anesthetic with a soaked gauzein alcohol, and drying very well after .... I suppose that you do so, but just in case ... another thing we have noticed is that it depends if you showers or baths just after putting it ... otherwiseWe have never had problems, or with sweat, or with the shower, the pool, etc ... is more despite the 4 days or 4.5 days that lasts us, it always bothers him when removing him from how close he is ....
Becky, the truth is that in this hospital they work very well in this sense ... to see if giving some cane you get that they make that recognition, that I say that it will be necessary .... Juan Luis who takes here, these tests also send him and treat him in adults .... With respect to 300, he could be a bubble, but the experience tells us that grilled red meat, roasted chicken, roasted lamb and even tell you, etc... they are fingers to the maximum ... come on in this case that Juanlu did not have the minilink and forgot to suck when he measured the post ... and the control of, ufff, like everyone else, one that is very heavy andHe does many tests and many measurements to see how the ame works ...
Kisses and good afternoon.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/13/2009 10:32 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Santesteban I have not noticed the sticker, but to my TB.They have sent me a box of the new (decorated) and I will look to see if the sticker is different, but whatever it is the fabric, a massive protest will have to be done ....
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/13/2009 10:36 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone tells you that we tb take the catheters, this began to happen to us a year ago, and the only solution we found was to put the omnifix adhesive on top of it, that is, we make a donuts with the largest circumferenceThat the catheter pegata, we put the catheter and once placed we do the donuts and stick it on top.

TB There is another solution to make a Sanwich using the Smith & AMP adhesives; nephew IV300, first adhesive, then catheter and then another adhesive.

And the last solution that I think they have in mind those of Medtronic is that we force adhesive children: x: x because I don't know how they do not solve this issue.

My mother because we will not have happened with what the catheters take off and the little one does not tell you.Although I put the Omnifix adhesive, the bathroom every two days that is when we changed the catheter, the day I do not wash it well but without wetting it cateter.I am not willing to make the girl pass through so many punctures.

Velia wanted to ask you a question, what you say about cleaning the area where you throw the lambdalina is clean after throwing it?You leave it to make the effect and before putting the Cateter clean zone, have I understood well?

DiabetesForo
10/13/2009 2:11 p.m.

Back to the catheter theme.
This afternoon it has been taken again, for the second time in the day, and of Medtronic do not give solutions, that if it will be a bad lot, that if it is hot and sweat (and when it arrives next summer, that we pass the 40 degrees withFrequency: !:?:
My pharmaceutics, which is a solazo, has looked for several solutions: first, as Lena says, the omnifix, but stuck in the skin and the cannula on top (although I now have it as you say), second, the Opsite dressingsOr Tegaderm, which also put themselves under the cannula and are ponors and some wipes called Skin Tac Wipe, which are impregnated in a clinical use glue, but these last two are quite expensive.
The fact is that they fail in the simplest and says Noe that for that prefers to continue with the bowling: oops:, and it does not surprise me.
Lena, you have understood the lambdalina well, when I make the effect I clean it very well with alcohol and let it dry in the air.
Well, let's see if the thing is going to be better tomorrow.Kisses and good night.

DiabetesForo
10/13/2009 4:07 p.m.

Marcita wanted to tell you that we are always given to us in the hospital, a box normally, I tell you in case they do not give them to you at the hospital try to ask them if you can and it is a little money that you save.Whenever we have had problems with catheters, they are the ones who help us by facilitating other dressings for us to try them.

DiabetesForo
10/13/2009 5:11 p.m.

Well, there are people with problems with catheters !!!!
I was doubting whether I clean the lambdaline after making its action with alcohol and let it dry, leave something on the skin that makes him take off.The last cateteter has not been and took away (I have taken care of it as a cloth) and is from another box.If I take off again I will change the EMNLA as before to see if the same thing happens to me.
Today's Medtronic Repre has told me that the Diameter of the Peacata has not decreased, that he had no news of it although a 24h phone girl told me yes.Clarify!
David all kinds of adhesive dressing apgo is usually left a reddish, irritated zone so I hope not to have to use all those tricks that you have.
Sticky kisses !!!!

santesteban
10/13/2009 6:23 p.m.

It gives me yes, Santesteban, that something has to do with the anesthetic, in addition to the skin that can have one and the other.The time his father had happened to Angela and it was the first time that he put the cream.(This time is that he fell after showering, a tad was not taken off, but found him on the floor after drying).Anyway, yesterday we start with the tests, we compare the new catheters with some old man we had, the size of the sticker is identical and the texture apparently also, of course I do not know how yours will be .... Anyway they have themStuck Juan Luis, so far good ... The next test will be to put it with Lambdalina, to see ... what I do is rub the area with a dry gauze, to drag possible remains, after cleaning it well with alcohol.
Lena, how about the new catheters?Have you noticed difference?Are you still changing it at 2 days?The truth is that it is a shame, because with the advantages that the pump brings, having a setback of this type is a whore of fat (with forgiveness) ... Lena, I put the anesthetic cream and the tapo with a gas andA dressing, I let it act half an hour, and then clean it in the way I have already explained.
Let's see if the problems of the kids are solving.
And as a last option (and I say it with the small mouth, because we like our bomb, apart from the advantages it has), it is to request in your hospital a catheter of another bomb (even if you call the house I do not believe thatThey have inconvenience to send them, only to get one more in the market), and try it (without clicking) in the skin of your children .... that better than being in those conditions.
I go with my maid to take a walk, to see if I cleared myself.
Kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/14/2009 6:46 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

It gives me yes, Santesteban, that something has to do with the anesthetic, in addition to the skin that can have one and the other.The time his father had happened to Angela and it was the first time that he put the cream.(This time is that he fell after showering, a tad was not taken off, but found him on the floor after drying).Anyway, yesterday we start with the tests, we compare the new catheters with some old man we had, the size of the sticker is identical and the texture apparently also, of course I do not know how yours will be .... Anyway they have themStuck Juan Luis, so far good ... The next test will be to put it with Lambdalina, to see ... what I do is rub the area with a dry gauze, to drag possible remains, after cleaning it well with alcohol.
Lena, how about the new catheters?Have you noticed difference?Are you still changing it at 2 days?The truth is that it is a shame, because with the advantages that the pump brings, having a setback of this type is a whore of fat (with forgiveness) ... Lena, I put the anesthetic cream and the tapo with a gas andA dressing, I let it act half an hour, and then clean it in the way I have already explained.
Let's see if the problems of the kids are solving.
And as a last option (and I say it with the small mouth, because we like our bomb, apart from the advantages it has), it is to request in your hospital a catheter of another bomb (even if you call the house I do not believe thatThey have inconvenience to send them, only to get one more in the market), and try it (without clicking) in the skin of your children .... that better than being in those conditions.
I go with my maid to take a walk, to see if I cleared myself.
Kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/14/2009 6:46 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia The cateters work very well and we do change it every two days, but the 2 days is what they recommend in young children, it is a matter of insulin, you will see, in the young children the amount of insulin that they arePars is very small have super small basal, to give you an example they have baselines of 0.05 and even baselines 0.00, so the catheter when entering so little insulin could be clogged.But before it did not last us or a day and a half and always up 300 lengths.
Now it works well and has not had a single 300 on 8 day.

Thanks for remembering Velia.

I wanted to ask one thing you know the amount of hydrates that the Glucosport Complet carries in 100ml or how many rations a glucospor is equivalent to ampoules?

DiabetesForo
10/14/2009 9:05 a.m.

Hi Lena, I have already heard the obstruction and such on occasion, but according to our endocrine it does not have to happen that .... come on, it is the first time that I hear that at 2 days the change is recommended, andI know a few children even smaller than your daughter and the catheter change them every 3 or 4 days, because often panorama if not.I don't want to be more papist than the Pope, but if it were you, I would try to see how it endures a little more, especially if the catheter does not take off.We tb.Sometimes we suspend the pump, we put temporary basal with minimal insulins and the catheter is changed every 4 or 4.5 days without hyperglycemia ....
The tracing ... a glycosport pill I think there are 1 ration of HC, S rapids, that is, the same as 100 cc of juice (1/2 juice of the little ones) Ángela uses the juice more than the glucosport,But always after 1/2 (juice) a cookie is taken, to maintain ... if it was very low (which happens very sporadically) I give it 1 whole juice and 1 cookie, which translated into Glucosport would be 2 pills or 2Babibles (+ the HC, s slow) ... Anyway it depends on the active insulin you have or if you stop the bomb, or if you exercise a lot, you know, the rest of the factors that must always be taken into account... What is true is that we almost never notice hyperglycemia after 1 downturn ...
Lena, anyway I am glad that at least the catheter are working well and that it does not have hyper ... Let's see if the streak continues.A KISINO.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/14/2009 6:03 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia thank you very much for the Glucosport, I acted the same as you, what I needed to know was how much a glucosport blister was equivalent, I used to give it a half (when I was smaller) over time it began to need the whole blister.Prospect I don't understand very well, because he talks about 65% carbohydrates and I have never known what he meant.

Regarding the change of catheter, when they put the pump, they told us that it was necessaryIt is saturated with insulin absorbing peel and with the consequent rise of glycemia.The truth is that sometimes we have left it 3 days and if it has not happened that 200 or 200 and peak appear.

They also gave us a booklet sponsored by Medtronic and the hospital, in advocating the same, the change every 2 or 3 days, that is why we change it that way.Perhaps in older children it is different.

Yesterday we put 6 mm catheter because the obliques have not yet arrived, hopefully it works well and that others arrive soon.

You know a Velia thing since we started with the oblique catheters we have had to lower all the bolus of the meals and even some basal sections.To put an example at breakfast we put 3.2 units for 2.50R and now we go for 2.7 units for the same portions.In the m/m we put 1 unit for 2R and now we go by 0.6 for the same portions and thus with all the bolus meals.It seems amazing !!!!This works !!!

I am very reassured, because the other was really unbearable, it is unfortunate that despite your effort because of the catheters everything goes to the m ... da.Come on, I'm very happy !!!

I thank you for Velia because thanks to you, reading your messages I dared to call Medtronic and change the type of catheters and investigate a little more on the Internet about oblique catheters.

DiabetesForo
10/15/2009 4:13 a.m.

Good morning!d
Lena, the lipodystrophy and infection is true, there are more tolerant people than others.Thank God, we have been 4 and a half years with a bomb and we have never had one thing or another, and we are one of those who hurry the catheter, I believe that in your case the hyper would have produced more because the catheter was incompatibleWith the complexion of the girl, that because it was clogged by the use of little insulin, but of course it is an absolutely particular vision.On the other hand, it is great that with the new catheters you are again having good control, and that of lowering insulin I suppose that it is due to the same, before if the cannula bent or collided with whatever the girl did not enter theInsulin that should enter and had to put much more ... now if the catheter already works correctly, insulin enters its entirety and logically it will be less, and that is what it is ... how good !!!
Now that I have the Glucosport boxes I tell you .... In the drinkable ampoules we have, it puts 66.3% of HC, which I interpret that per 100 ml.There is that amount of HC, s.With which in a 10 ml blister.There will be 6.3 I mean more than 1/2 ration.
In the pills HC, S 90.7 per 100, from which it follows that for every 10 there are 9, that is almost 1 ration.
And learning, this is a non -stop, one is taking ideas from each other and we are continuously learning, and bad that one day we believe that we already know everything, no ??? ... that's why we are here,To help and to learn and how not, to vent ourselves ...
Santesteban, how about David?It occurs to me that you also request the other catheter, the child is tiny and TB.Delgado, the same are better ... and I say the same for noe.
Kisses to all daddies.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/15/2009 5:27 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Good morning,
Lena, I'm glad for your joy, the truth is that when you see your rewarded efforts it encourages a lot.
I am still very very pierced with the catheters, today I have not been ableWe put around it was stuck, but the one of the retired catheter and the cannula outMore and more discontent with the bomb, we will see if it does not end by not wanting it, just because of the nonsense of the cateters: Twisted :: Twisted: And according to Medtronic, this is a unique case, this does not happen to anyone but myDaughter: Shock :.
Anyway, I follow mine.Good day.

DiabetesForo
10/15/2009 5:39 a.m.

Marcita: that only happens to you about the cateters that take off .... what are you going to tell you.
We are still similar to Velia, although something better than Marcita.David is taken off when he bathed.Yesterday we did the bathroom test knowing the risk and although it did not float like all the pegma that not the catheter was taken from the other time.We fastened it and when I was asleep we changed it even though a few clicks on the extra finger were taken to check that the takeoff worked.Anyway, I'm going to put it with Emla.Yesterday before "firing" the catheter and after cleaning and drying with alcohol, touch the area and remained sticky.Marcita, do you use lambadilana?
What happens to David who moving me is that the passage of insulin hurts the first minutes than the puncture itself.The Vueros complains just after placing it?David has ever lasted the discomfort.
Another thing.If you always click Superoexterno in summary that is where the injections are put, in the end it is very little area for so much puncture.Do you click on another gluteous area?
The oblique catheters I have ever thought about it for the gut if the gluteos have very riddled.
We change the catheter every 2 and a half days since we have proven that most of the time they begin to malfunction out there.
How important is this forum for God !!!!!
Kisses

santesteban
10/15/2009 6:26 a.m.

Sententeban, the truth is that when you write I see myself reflected in you, in our case the problem we had with the 6mm catheters is that they function worked, but ... every time they lasted us less and when they decided to stop working automatically we took itat 300 and 300 and peak, which implied puncture with syringe and change of catheter. A madness we are going!To give you an example before eating 90 post 355 and so it began to be continuously, what about something!

What you comment that it hurts when insulin enters, in the case of our little one until past, as you say at the beginning of changing the catheter, but only complained in the first Bolus.

Look my daughter is thin, and to us the culete was small, apart from that I was afraid that I could end in lipodystrophy, so we decidedWe have proven that the punctures are noticed less because the areas rest more, for example as I change it every 2 days, if today I put it in the right gluteo when it touches again in the right gluteo have passed 6 days.We are doing very good to massage the areas with pink oil from Mosqueta.

That I can tell you, I would try the oblique, we have changed our lives, these catheters are advised (as Velia put in a message) for babies and thin people.I don't know how they didn't tell me before because ... you don't know what we have happened !!!

Regarding that the catheters take off we no longer risk, we bathe it one day yes and another, we take advantage of the change of catheter to give it their bath.The day I don't wash it well washed with a sponge without wetting catheter.The amazing thing is that this summer we went to a whole month to a little house with a pool, so you can imagine all day in the pool, can you believe that only the 6mm catheter was taken off once?We bathe the young children, I am clear, that it is the soap, even if you fill the bathtub only with the soap that falls into the water of the gel and shampoo I think it is what makes it take off.But even so, I already tell you that I do not risk anymore to take off the catheter.

DiabetesForo
10/15/2009 11:57 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.