{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Oh maclaudi, pretty, this is a sinvivir .... think of how difficult this situation would be if you did not have the bomb .... here I am for what you need, especially to give you a little encouragement, because the rest is theYou do very well, that we need so much when we live these situations alone.And of course you will go ahead, even if it is not easy for what you are happening, believe me that you will leave this reinforced and strong ... a kiss.Then we talk that we have to leave.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/23/2009 6:09 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

A very fat northern kiss for Maclaudi.You seem true heroines.When I stay a week (which has been the most) alone, I requested me physically and psychologically.

Oblique catheter monotema.Velia, I did not pour it before pricking because they told me to prick it directly and I have been spinning it if it would be for the air pressure that remains when you already put it on what hurt in addition to the paper.Although if you purged it with the guide on, it is the same to tell me because you make me mess.I pounded the elongade but not the catheter.
The barley told me that with 0.7 Velia.Happy you and your eternal catheters.
Kisses

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
10/23/2009 6:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Maclaudi, pretty, a lot of encouragement.

Have you tried to give cocacola instead of serum when you don't want to drink?Cocacola has sugars (great for acetone) and is very good in cases of vomiting and intestinal disasters.

And here you have another pair of ears, in case Velia are busy;)

A hug

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/23/2009 11:56 a.m.

Good day!!!
Monotheme catheters.The first oblique catheter has lasted us 2 and a half days which is what the others lasted when they worked well.As badly started at 3 in the morning I have not dared to put the oblique asleep since it is usually moved and was going to walk badly to remove the roles from the stickers.We will see what the new catheter endures us.
The oblique that is afraid that I am afraid to put it to put it but on the other hand I have gangs to verify that the problem was the problem.
Bessssssooooss

santesteban
10/25/2009 5:57 a.m.

I again.
I already hurt David so much the placement of El Cateter hurt.Today I looked at the catheter that I removed and had the tip folded.I think he becomes so rigid when he skewed him that this time he folded.Yes does anyone have any solution?
You are all weekend for what I see.
Kisses

santesteban
10/25/2009 5:38 p.m.

And the second how has it gone, Santesteban?
When Angela was smaller, she made her asleep, now since he uses the anesthetic, she has not protest again.
I hope the subject is solved.
Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/26/2009 5:02 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Good we will say.
Well, the second catheter has been asleep today since the Quick Set he was carrying has been obstructed after 20 hours of use and I risk putting it asleep.With Emla I know that it does not hurt but as soon as we notice that we are manipulating you jump like a cat and it has been very difficult for me to take off the sticker papers since I did not stop moving.After all this we did not get him to go down from 250 with pequños bowling and I have thought that with what had moved in the placement he had spoiled him.But I have persevered and have gotten going down in the middle of the morning.I don't know what a rare thing happened.
The thing is that he is still with him and I have sent him to school.I have called Medtronic to send me more oblique since it is clear that the quick sets do not last 24h.
Velia: Do you purge the catheter before putting?I don't clarify.I think you can't but tell me.
Beky: What is the name of that product to take off.The obliques stick a mogollón and now it does not let them take them off.
Thank you

santesteban
10/26/2009 10:49 a.m.

If you refer to the cannula before putting it, no .... I bait the cable until the insulin comes out through the end of the end and I see that there are no bubbles ... once the bait catheter is placed with 0.8 or 1Unit (fixed barley) to fill the insulin cannula .... What we have observed is that if the catheter change we do when it is high, we must put an extra bolus and a higher temporal basal because it takes time to go down more.
Come, it seems that you are on the right track.
Kisses

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/26/2009 12:23 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Santesteban to take off the catheters there is nothing better than a small splash of alcohol, they leave alone.Anyway, what served us TB, was that once we put the splash of alcohol, we told him to take it away, and effectively hurts them less than if you throw them.The little one feels important because somehow collaborates, and incidentally it hurts less, well the truth is that it does not hurt by na because "alcohol is holy hand."I compare it with hair removal, it hurts less if I am depile than if they do it to me.

Santesteban the other day happened to you, we had to change it at night, and we put the 6mm because as putting the oblique hurts something else because we get through the 6mm so as not to alter the dream.

What they have always told us is that the catheters must try to change them with good glycemia, in our case that in many occasions could not be so, so that whenever you have to change it because it has stopped working, we corrected with syringe and thenQuietly we change the catheter, in this way you prevent blood glucose from rising or a persistent rise.The new catheter that you put, for whatever reason, may not work so the concealer that you would put would not take effect and the glycemía would continue to climb, lengthening the hours in which it would be high and with the lodging bodies may appear.We do it that way because they recommended it to us.

I am very happy that obliques work better, what is a shame is that this they have not told us before, because I really had a fatal.

Well, I let you go a little bit later I spend and keep reading you.A hug to all

DiabetesForo
10/26/2009 1:15 p.m.

Oh I forgot, Medtronic's ones told us that the primer for the obliques was 0.7. I don't know but they told us, I suppose it will be so.The first day as they did not tell us anything and we did not realize we priming 0.3 images like the cannula is longer because ... hyper the song, it was not high but ... hyper after all.

DiabetesForo
10/26/2009 1:21 p.m.

Hello family

I don't write centuries but I am reading the jaleo that you bring you with the obliques.We tried them but they did not work for us, apart from going crazy with pain, they got short of it.Anyway, Nico uses another pump so they would not be the same.I hope you work for you because it is desperate to see them like this.Good luck beautiful.

Santesteban the liquid that Beky said is called Leukotape Remote, it is a liquid that moistens in a gas and you put it above the catheter and take off immediately and with nothing of any pain.It is bought in the pharmacy or if they give it to you in the hospital then better.

Well I am in the work and I cannot entertain myself, to see if I take time and tell you the new "surprise" that we have with a stain that has only in the eye and we will see if we have to operate.

Greetings to the route in case someone reads me.Kisses for all especially for children and courage with daddies with catheters and viruses;)

mani05's profile photo
mani05
10/26/2009 1:25 p.m.

Lena we have crossed.Santesteban proves to see if it works with alcohol as Lena tells you because it will always be another potingue less and, if it does not work, prove the leukotape that is specific to take away adhesive dressings.I do not know if I have already become accustomed or that the soul sticker has a lotskin, I don't know, the fact is to take it off with the least possible pain.And that says Lena that they take it off is a very good idea, Nico also takes it away and feels "important", they are small but they already want to participate.: D

mani05's profile photo
mani05
10/26/2009 1:42 p.m.

Good night!!!
Mani, what joy to see you for the forum.Let's see if you write to us more often, and especially now with Nico's stain ... but is it inside?Nothing to do with diabetes, I suppose .... Much encouragement !!!!
Lena, I see that you continue "on a streak" I hope it still for a long time.
Kisses for all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/26/2009 7:16 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Good morning, daddies.
Yesterday I tried alcohol and works! ... I had always given the pull and poor little girl, as it hurts it hurt ... anyway, that this forum is a mine !!!! ... always learning somethingnew.
Lena, where are you from?I don't know if you put it and I don't have much time to throw back.
Kisses

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/27/2009 4:36 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

You have given me a great idea with this that the old catheter is removed.I will try after the alcohol jet.
Lena, we were told to correct with syringe to us and I know that it is the best but the drama that is mounted with the change of catheter that if I already took a syringe that of San Quintín is mounted.And he is a very full and mature child but the punctures takes him out of his boxes.He has left his father who does not sleep the night before making a blood extraction for an analysis.
Kisses
I corroborate what this forum is a mine.It would have spent months with catheters that lasted 20 hours like you Lena, I would even have raised the bomb.I have confidence that these obliques are going well.

santesteban
10/27/2009 9:42 a.m.

Velia I am from Madrid, I'm glad that you have worked for you.You did not see, before knowing it, the catheters were removed with all the patience with alMed oil, it was that I gave me so much penita of the pull that ... 5 minutes I threw me with the oil for not hurting it!It is that among the punctures, controls ... the children have enough.

Mani proves alcohol leaving it a little, nothing a minutillo, a couple that takes effect.I hope the little one is nothing.You will tell us.

Santesteban, proves alcohol to see how.Look we use the cream that Velia and Alea told us, lambdalina, our little almost even hurts when my husband puts the catheter (I have not yet been able to put the oblique, you do not know what it costs me to overOf 6mm, the truth is that the oblique looks like a flag), remember if you use the Lambdaline anesthetic cream, to remove the remains with a little alcohol (as Velia told me) because if you did not remember you would run the danger the dangerto take off the catheter.We who at the beginning did not know that the remains had to be removed, almost the first one we use by throwing the creimate.

Well I hope everything remains good, that you know that I tell you almost in a whisper because every time I say that catapummmmm is going well !!!Hyper to sing.

DiabetesForo
10/27/2009 1:31 p.m.

Ah Santesteban, I did the syringe when I saw that the girl had more or less overcome the change of catheter, on the other hand I thought that somehow like the girl with 20 months they already put the bomb, because she reallyClicking with syringe or remembered, so it seemed to me that he should not forget the "happy syringe" is sad but his life is like that, and it is never known if tomorrow ... I don't know if you understand me!I don't want to think about it, or say, I hope you never have to return to that time.

The truth is that when you need to use the syringe, aunt is a brave!I always tell him if you want to shout scream, if you want to press my leg with force, press with all your strength that you do not hurt me!But the most important thing is that you do not move so that we do not hurt you.The little one, I'm not going to lie to you, gets a little tense but ... it endures it quite well.

Let's go Santesteban, that little to little, first we must get to change the catheter with some tranquility and later, when you think it is time and if you think it appropriate the syringe.

DiabetesForo
10/27/2009 1:42 p.m.

I do not click him with Boli, except that he is very high (more than 300) .... If it is high, between 200 and 300 and the old catheter works half normal, I put a corrector bolus with that, and then as I know thatIt will cost you to normalize, bait with 1 unit or 1.2, in the case of oblique cateters, whose cannula is longer, and put a temporary basal for double what it takes, for an hour or an hour and a half ....If the old catheter does not work, what I do is put the corrector bolus with the new one, but I put it more, in addition to increasing the double basal, during the aforementioned time.That way Hiper will not remain much time and normoglycemia will be achieved much earlier.ID testing, to see how it works for you.
Lena, from Madrid ... We are often.Where do they take you?
Courage to Mani and Maclaudi.
Kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/28/2009 5:11 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I forgot, if his blood glucose is normal, bait with 0.8 or 0.9 the oblique and primed him with 0.5 or 0.6 the others, and also increased the 1/3 basal or so for an hour or so, toNot that I will move much, that then I do not move basal.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/28/2009 5:14 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia is that you are an expert, my mother as you control!We corrected with syringe when it is closer to the 300 than 200, and only when we know that the catheter can be near the change, or because the little one to some fuck and gives us the sensation that the catheter has been loadedAnd from there hyper.

Look something that I have noticed with the new catheters, is that before when the catheter obstructed it took us directly to the three hundred lengths (we believed it was because it had a lot of dependence on insulin and absolutely no reserve), now the oblique catheters notThey let up so up even if they do not work.To give you an example, yesterday it came out with the catheter hanging, its teacher told us, the teacher helps her get her pants when she goes to the bathroom (so that the catheter does not suffer damage you know how small they always go to the bathroom with the runthat runs), but yesterday at 1:30 p.m. the Profé must have upload the 2 garments at the same time and Zassss !!Cateter outside, with the 6mm I assure you that glycemia would have gone to 300 because when we collected it, it was only 205.

Velia the girl takes her at the Ramón y Cajal hospital, if one day you come to Madrid and you want if you want to stay and take a cafelito huh?

DiabetesForo
10/28/2009 5:36 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.