{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Well, in all sites hobas and we also have our things to improve .... Although no work.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/13/2009 2:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you all for welcome, you make me feel good.
Owash, did not know that you had to do something with the topic camps.You are very right to say that children take a wrong concept of what it is to take care of and I can assure you that we have taken enough days to put Maria again in measures and re -raise it that a controlled food combined with exercise is essential forYour well -being.
I think the error of the camp is that they treated the children as if they were adults, the meals were not controlled, they could eat the amount they wanted and I do not know how the controls would be.As I understand it is the first year that such young children had.
Anyway, as I said, we will positively give the experience for the objective achieved that it was something essential for Maria, now you feel more independent.
What I think is that at the moment he will not want to return to any camp.I will tell you that it does not miss any, where we spend summer has a large group of friends with whom it is only in summer and they have a great time since they arrive until summer ends.
Congratulations to the new firefighters, to see if one day they propose it to us for these latitudes.

DiabetesForo
09/15/2009 5:24 p.m.

Sorry that insists on the subject but what you say leaves me: o: o: shock:
Neither small nor medium nor large ... one thing is that with my twenty -one years;) do what I want and minors (and under 10 years :: !: !:!:) Make decisions without any control bypart of anyone ...: ((: ((: ((((

Anyway, turn page, one more experience ... and even the bad you learn.

DiabetesForo
09/15/2009 5:50 p.m.

Good morning daddy, a long time without moving this thread and can't be .... Let's see how those kids ????
Jose, don't have us so abandoned, man.
Paz, how is Angel going .... Let's see if you tell us a little.
Santesteban and you ???I guess you are very linked .... Let's see if we talk !!!
Angela has an annual revision on Wednesday, I have been nervous ... every year it costs me more ... I will tell ... it seems that the beginning of the course has gone well, we have already adjusted guidelines and the controls are quite good,Fear gives me hemo after the summer so catastrophic that we have had, but above all fear he gives me to face the new "endo", they say that it is good and very working very demanding and committed, that it does not even try to achieve good results ..... Anyway, we'll see what happens ...
I have already counted on the route, which Angela is increasingsetback .... soon he will have his first "pajamas party", and today he is going to eat with a friend, but to the other part of Cáceres, and with a family that knows nothing of "diabetes" with whatIt will also have to handle themselves ... They seem small things, but they are steps forward, which at no time seemed "extraordinary" with my eldest daughter, and yet now, they seem "giants" ...
Becky, Mani, Mommy, Marcita, Maclaudi, Alea ....
Come, see if we encourage ourselves a little more and move the thread.
Kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/05/2009 5:57 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Good morning daddy, a long time without moving this thread and can't be .... Let's see how those kids ????
Jose, don't have us so abandoned, man.
Paz, how is Angel going .... Let's see if you tell us a little.
Santesteban and you ???I guess you are very linked .... Let's see if we talk !!!
Angela has an annual revision on Wednesday, I have been nervous ... every year it costs me more ... I will tell ... it seems that the beginning of the course has gone well, we have already adjusted guidelines and the controls are quite good,Fear gives me hemo after the summer so catastrophic that we have had, but above all fear he gives me to face the new "endo", they say that it is good and very working very demanding and committed, that it does not even try to achieve good results ..... Anyway, we'll see what happens ...
I have already counted on the route, which Angela is increasingsetback .... soon he will have his first "pajamas party", and today he is going to eat with a friend, but to the other part of Cáceres, and with a family that knows nothing of "diabetes" with whatIt will also have to handle themselves ... They seem small things, but they are steps forward, which at no time seemed "extraordinary" with my eldest daughter, and yet now, they seem "giants" ...
Becky, Mani, Mommy, Marcita, Maclaudi, Alea ....
Come, see if we encourage ourselves a little more and move the thread.
Kisses and good day for everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/05/2009 5:57 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello, I am the mother of a 4 and a half year old girl, and I am a little worried, for 2 years my little one has been a mectronic insulin bomb and from a time to this part the catheter fails us, sometimes not theIt lasts or two days, we put it on thighs and gluteos.My girl is unleashed by genetics, weighs 14,500k, the catheter sometimes removing it we see that the cannula is folded, on the thighs it comes to last a day and in the gluteos day and a half or 2 days maximum.
When it fails it usually leads to 300mg/dl.It carries 6mm catheter

I wanted to know if this has happened to you and in the event that your children have happened as you have solved.

I ask you for help because this topic despairs a bit, well a bit quite.
Thank you for reading me, and forgiving the interference.

DiabetesForo
10/05/2009 6:50 a.m.

Hi Lena .... The first welcome to the forum ... Nothing intrusion, this is your house;)
I just opened a thread in the insulin bombs and new devices, called "other catheters" ... you are read and you read it, in case you can help you in something, since this summer we have had several problems with the insertion, ofSolved moment.
And if you have time and want you can tell us your experience, in addition to doubts and concerns.
A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/05/2009 6:54 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone!Yes, we are alive and squeezing even if we have not given signs in a long time.In addition to the laziness to write (since you read if I have done), we have had family setbacks.
David is very good with much better controls than in the summer.The last days of pool with connects and disconnects was a horror.Even so, we had annual review of the first half of September and we improve hemoglobin although it is clear that based on hypos.
Since we started the school the controls much better although with too much hiccups since I have not taken the ratio for the food that has come down since it goes to school in the afternoon.
We are going to finally try the meter to see if we avoid so much hiccups, when they arrive at the hospi they will call us (or so they say)
I have already read the problems with the catestres, what anguish isn't it?I will cross my fingers ..
Welcome Lena.When we are stuffed with a catheter we reached 450-500 and it is not going badly ...
Beoss to all
I call you shortly

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
10/05/2009 6:03 p.m.

Good morning!!!!
Good news Santesteban, in the end they entered through the hoop .... I'm glad ... Let's see if you do well, yes, you have to have patience at the beginning.We have spoiled minilink, as this summer we have not been able to put it for the issue of sweat, when trying a couple of weeks we saw that it was not loaded ... we have already communicated it to Medtronic and we are waiting for us toSay if they change it or fix it because it is in guarantee ...
Today Angela did not call me at 10, at 10.15 I started worrying and at 10.30 I was whistling for school because I already missed me ... I had math exam, and I didn't want to interrupt it .... What a problem we have, noYou create !!!

Kisses to all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/06/2009 5:56 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello, daddies and moms !!!!
You are right, Velia, it has been a long time since the Papis we do not pass by and that cannot be.For the new endo, do not worry, the first time I talked to him I did not take very good impression, it seemed stretched and demanding, horrified with the 200, but then in these last days, among those of the bomb and especially yesterdayI have changed my mind, it is very conscientious, I do not look at the controls, study them, it is one of those who let you speak and share your opinions and explain things very easily, I noticed it as closest and of course, knowsVery good what is brought in hand.Surely tomorrow's review will be another routine and everything will do well.
Lena, welcome to the forum, stop when you want your experience to help us many.
Santesteban, I'm glad of the meter, to see if you avoid the hypos, do you notice them?
Well, the other daddies and moms, miss you.

DiabetesForo
10/06/2009 3:58 p.m.

The Hypos David shows them sometimes, or rather, he communicates them sometimes.If you are playing on the street with 27 it says nothing, but when you go to bed you notice them all and warn us with 65 (with not sleeping).
My big doubt with the meter is if it will tolerate the needle.
I will tell you as soon as I know something.
That endo that you have, we give me an envy sounds very good ... ... someone so conscientious and knows what our children are playing!
Because I am a little fed up with that phrase that I hear so much that the little ones have to be higher and that the 200 seem good controls for being small. That I know my son although I am 3 years old has the same kidneys eyes and arteriesthat the rest of humanity high glycemia will affect others.
Beossss parents

santesteban
10/06/2009 5:10 p.m.

Hello family.
The thread was dead, so there is no way for new parents to find us, you are right for "getting the anger" Velia.;)
I have several days without entering, like almost everyone for vagueria, Sorry.Nyah continues with his "I love to get angry", still not warn when he goes down and the other day I even shot the pump to the ground, I am every day of Bajon and I want to cry.I am going to talk to the teachers because at school they are also punished every day, although apparently the whole class in the same plan.I will see what they tell me and if talking to the school's pedagogue I would help in something because I don't know what to do, I suppose it will be a stage that has to happen but it already has quite worried and burned, I feel totally helpless before this.
As well as all good, we are waiting for the annual revision that delayed it because the endo was ongoing.We are still waiting for us to call us from the base center for us to do the revision to grant us the minusvalia since they rejected it when we were traveling from the city but it seems that they are waiting for the deadline to run out and so on one less.If they surely denounce us again.
Well, I'm going to take a look to see that you tell yourself and put myself to the mess.
A kiss to all that these are not my hours, you know .......

Beky's profile photo
Beky
10/09/2009 4:53 a.m.

Good morning !!!! ... is that this sometimes becomes a bit hard, eh Becky ????I am not to throw rockets, as Pillá with tweezers, is that fatigue there is no one to take it to us.But we have to move forward, we have no other ... luck in the annual and luck with the disability ... The other day they told me something about a disability that we can request, that I still have to confirm, if so, I alreadyI will put to see if we can benefit from something ...
Then I follow that we are going to C.S.That Juanlu puts the vaccine.Ängella was vaccinated yesterday ...
Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/09/2009 6:08 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello good!
Speaking of encouragement and lack of "batteries", what happens to me is that if the effort I make daily (transnoches, early rishes, uploads, up and down to school, war at each meal, cooking etc)David's glycemia are well controlled because I am well encouraged but exhausted.The problem is when you do all that to be like the Russian mountains.
And another thing that I am starting to get along is the change of catheter.I think that most of the days do not hurt him but I think it is his moment of relief.The worst thing is that although we do it between Juan and me, as most of the time I prepare it and shot him and Juan holds him, he attacks him against me and if I am lazy it affects me a mogollón because it seems that I am to blame for everything.Only Juan does it but continues to roller against me
I usually say that I have three children: Pablo David and David's diabetes.
And returning to the practical and contrarctive: Do you give your children rebozados, empanados ..?And if you do quotas rations, you have the empanado -rebozo.
Another topic;Yesterday I started a new box of catheters and although they have decorated the box on the outside novelly I think the catheters have changed.Yesterday I take off at all showering him, as I said, I think Beky or Marcita ended up with an advertisement even in the identity carner and this afternoon they have gymnastics.We will see what happens.
Kissesss

santesteban
10/09/2009 8:03 a.m.

Dos and several tiredness ... Is it so weird, telling that we have to be pending the whole holy day (night included)?

Beky, I'm afraid that Nayah is having a pulse and is getting what he wants: constant attention.I know that it is easy to say, but, as far as possible, he tries to get what he wants when he does not deserve it and protrudes when he behaves well.Luck.

Velia, have us aware of the issue of that disability.

Santesteban, encouragement.Don't you use lambdaline so that it doesn't hurt?Celia does not protest since he uses her.
Regarding the empanados fillets, I do not give them often (because of the excess of calories, more than anything), but occasionally I do them.I used to keep the bread from the batter and calculated as if I took another ration, but today we spoke Velia and I of that topic on the phone and she told me that I calculated the fat as if it were another ration, so it goes up later, and I think I'm going to do the same.

Health

DiabetesForo
10/09/2009 12:08 p.m.

Good afternoon !!! ... I have the spoiled laptop, so we now have shifts ...
Santesteban, it is true what you say that tiredness with fruits is taken in another way ... mood!I have also gone through the stage in which Angela rebelled against me, and although it seems that no, if she catches, it is difficultPending the same, and if we collect rejection, ufff, complicate the subject ...Good luck that they have so pending ...
With respect to the batters, I give them to Angela from time to time, and the cold in a very little oil and always new oil (that advised me).I usually count as 1/2 ration the battering and as 1/2 ration or 3/4 fat of course this part I include it in the part of Bolus Cuadrado and a little increased the time of it.
Alea, what a coincidence that part of our conversation was for the rebobes .... a kiss.
And I go on the route, which I did not greet today and we are going to pick ourselves to Angela to go in English.
Kisses and good afternoon.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/09/2009 1:44 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Santesteban, call Medtronic, do not leave him, not so much for the new box, but because they find out that things of that guy are happening and put on the batteries .... If we do not claim, they do not find out ... luck !!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/09/2009 1:57 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Good morning, family.
The bridge begins and we stayed, that tomorrow we baptize my nephew.
I join the "tired and discouraged" club, a week before putting the bomb and until a couple of days we have been doing controls to Noe during the night every two hours and now only at 3 and at 6, thatIf there is nothing weird, so I am sleepy or know and clear, that happens in the mood and physicist, which I have two days without being able to move my head with the cervical ...:?, but at least, the results are good and that encourages.
I have another question, when you use the square bolus when do you control the post?I mess.
Yesterday Noe was removed again, and two are already in a row, we called Metronik again, we started Caja New and Wednesday will pick up the defective and bring a new one.
Santestaba, I also use the Lamdalina and does not find out.As for the rejection that you speak, the last days of using with Noe the feathers hurt a lot, or at least she said, even told me on one occasion that I just wanted to make her suffer, she stuck in my soul, andIt is that we would let ourselves cut a hand that they did not have to go through these things.
Beky, I imagine what you are happening and the helplessness you must feel.Courage, that sure happens soon.
Velia How do you follow?And Angela?On October 14, NOE's friends also debuted and on October 14 I started going out with my maid: Oops :.Änimo also for you.This week I will be quieter I call you.
Alea And Celia?I hope you go better and you will pass the muskeo.
Well, good day everyone and kisses.

DiabetesForo
10/10/2009 6:27 a.m.

Good morning, daddies.
I put the annual revision, which Marcita asked on the route.You have to go fasting and with the morning urine (before they asked us for the urine of the previous 24 hours, often rollazo), they make them extracted for general analytics, hemo with the little machine, they give them breakfast, they make themThe electro, the tension, I think they look at their feet.Then talk to the doctor (a resident attended us, since the new pediatrician was in consultation), to see the controls, the guidelines the rations, and see what changes must be made (the normal of each quarterly revision).Then diabetological talk with the kids and recreation for parents, which we usually take for the coffee and exchange of experiences, news and others .... They usually always bring together children of similar ages, and every year they, in order thatThey feel that they are not alone in this and everything is easier ... then flyer and the ophthalmologist who is in the other hospital, the journey is made in collective ambulance, all together, there Dr. Lorenzo attends to them, very sensitizedWith our children since he tb.He has a diabetic son ..., Visual acuity test, pupil dilation and eye bottom .... in ambulance to San Pedro, delivery of report and in some cases food there (before we did so, but now our girlsThey prefer to eat in McDonalds) .... A little tired, the truth, but raised in this way is much more pleasant.
This morning after the Ringa shower he taught us the catheter a little taken away, MecagoEntoloquesemenea, I put a sticker on him.We'll see.
Marcita, to see if you already caught the right pattern and you can rest something else, that the changes are thus damn ... with respect to the square bolus, I usually put the square part in 2 hours, but the ground measured at 2 hoursor two and a quarter hours, I know that it still has the effect of the square, but I have controlled since the slow part of the food is still to take effect .... By the way, the other day a grilled entrecot, without drop ofOil, made Juanu to 300 in the middle of the afternoon, the post was 90 .... But you will have to see how you work for you ..
Come, kisses and good day to all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/10/2009 7:56 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Velia, for the details of the review, it is like that here, that they only did the blood test!
Another little success of the bomb: the churros.When I did not have breakfast, from time to time, we never got rid of the 200, for more filigree we did, today he has had breakfast (5 who has eaten the aunt), we have used the square bolus and in post 132 and at noon 101, another joy for Noe.
Well, let's take a walk with fog.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
10/10/2009 12:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.