{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Beky, I have no idea how to get out the catheter.Celia got out once because she got hooked with something, but today is the first day she goes to the beach since she has a bomb.She has left with her friends and they will be all afternoon, so there is a certain dose of concern for how everything will work.

Yes it seems that there are already many people on vacation, despite the crisis.Luckily we live in the beach zone;) And we get free :))

Health to all

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/21/2009 10:39 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning!
Becky, Angela does not take off the pump catheter, yes of the minilink.For the pump an adhesive spray (novecutan) is used, but I have no experience with it.In any case we are testing something else for the Minilink, indicated by the Commercial of Medtronic, and that in case you fail you can try (at the moment we are doing well).It is to paste a dressing (I think it is from the Handsaplast brand, I will specify it if you decide to try) on the skin and on it insert the catheter, thus, the catheter dress will be fixed in the other and not on the skin ....Luck!
I hope Celia had a good beach day.
We end the school and less badly, because with this heat they leave dehydrates.
Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/22/2009 8:16 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Well, in the end I will try the aposty that Velia tells me because Mani has told me that the spray does not convince them much.I have spoken with those of Medtronic and they have only told me about the spray and the IV-3000 that apparentthe pump and destroy the skin.I've looked at a Handsaplast apation but it's like a big shit, I don't think that is what you use ... and if you put it before the catheter, does the canula come well?Does it stick well to the skin?It lasts a lot in the water?Ainssss, which anguish with something new to sing: Mrgreen:

Beky's profile photo
Beky
06/23/2009 12:36 p.m.

Becky, as I told you yesterday by Tfno.We are working well with the Minilink, which certainly has the longest needle, but I think there will be no problem with the catheter.
Anyway Juan Luis has observed that if it is shower immediately after putting the catheter, he takes off.It has passed him 2 times and in that same circumstance.
I hope you are all fine and the kids enjoying the holidays.
Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/25/2009 9:11 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Very good, family.
I hope Papis and kids are all right.
Noe already better, although the last weekend was with fever decimillas, a virus of I don't know that, as there are so many! But already better.On Monday we are going to get the blood for the analysis, another disgust that we give:-/.
I already finished the school, we are on vacation, more relaxed and even at times, bored :)) What a taste!
Well, what was said.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
06/26/2009 4:39 p.m.

Good morning to all !!!!
On the topic of the cateter clearance, it also happens to us although it does not always.I have been testing different things to solve it above all to let him in the water "everything he wants" without limiting times.What has best gone until now although it is a bit shabby in sight is to put four tapeda pieces that is not fabric or paper, it is porous plastic and it does not sure if it is sold in pharmacies.I take it from the hospital directly, it is called 3m transport.I am pending to try another one who would have to make the catheter hole since it is a very fine transparent sheet is Tegaderm and it is also 3M, it is used to hold the tracks in the hospital and paste a mogollón that I think I will be more difficult to place.
What I usually put together is with bowling in substitution of the basal when it is disconnected.Do you put it every hour, every average ...?

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
07/07/2009 8:09 p.m.

Good morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That this is calm, I suppose that the Papis will walk very lid with the kids on vacation;), but to see if we take out a hole and give signs of life, at least to tell that everything is going well.
Santesteban, I can not help you, it is not yet a bombero although I hope I don't late to be, so now I dedicate myself to "absorb" all questions and answers ... :)).
Well, what was said, daddies and mamis of the forum, give you a turn.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
07/08/2009 5:48 a.m.

Santesteban, Celia does not take off the catheter, for the moment, so I don't know what would be the best to hold it.

As for the bowling, when it goes to the beach, it puts a bolus before disconnecting the pump equivalent to an hour and a half, and after that time it usually connects it or returns to be measured and place another bolus if it continues to bathe.That is, that a bolus equivalent to the amount of basal that the pump will stop putting the deconer is placed.

Health

DiabetesForo
07/08/2009 10:32 a.m.

Hello everyone, I hope you are enjoying the holidays I just returned from Seville imagine the heat that I have passed but I am already back.The truth is that with diabetes it has been a bit stressful but the good news is that while I was on vacation they have finally given me the news that for September we will start with the so epeared bomb, it has cost me an incredible fight but Mira hasServed for something, they are going to put the Medtronic's so that I can also put the meter so I hope the thing will improve since in this last hemo a 10.4.Well I'll tell you a kiss for everyone.

shandra's profile photo
shandra
08/04/2009 5:44 a.m.

They are good news, Shandra.

In addition, the Medtronic bomb is the one that wears the most people of this forum, my daughter included, so any questions, you know.

Health

DiabetesForo
08/04/2009 8:27 a.m.

Good afternoon .... Shandra, congratulations for the bomb approval.I am convinced that your life will be much better from the placement ...
I take the opportunity to send a greeting to Santesteban and family.A kiss for the little one, that you have to see how good he behaved at the match we had in San Sebastián ....
For the rest, I see that the thread is paradito.Jose still does not appear, as always wish that everything goes well.
We this summer have had a disastrous vacation, glucémico speaking.We have failed everything that had to fail.I already tell it in the thread of bombs, but otherwise Angela has enjoyed the beauty on the beach.It is the first time you enjoy the sea in this way.
Kisses.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
08/04/2009 3:32 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Good morning!!!!!!!!!!
Where are the Papis and Mamis of the forum?I hope you all are well.
Sandra, I'm glad the bomb.They also approved it but they have not yet called us to put it on it, I suppose this is a bad month.
Noe is going on a luxury summer (I play wood) has not put on anything and has very good glycemia, also eats very well and since I finish the school he has put a kilo and a half.
Velia, Alea, Mari, Beki, Dulce, Santesteban, Jose, Paz, Mami ... and all who do not remember, you miss you.
Kisses.

DiabetesForo
08/24/2009 5:50 a.m.

Good morning daddy !!!!We have just come from the campsite, exhaust of heat but super happy because for Angela, one more year it has been a wonderful experience.Come on, we have not seen it, except for eating, dinner and sleep .... glucémic, I recommend the experience .... Look for a small campsite, with activities that keep them entertaining tomorrow, afternoon and night, and that you can watch more or less closely, I assure you that you will rest a lot of children ....
For the rest I see that this is still paradito, Marcita, I'm glad Noe's news, it was time ... Let's see if we have already caught the streak ... Kisses.
And a hug to the rest, to see if they tell us how are those kids.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
08/24/2009 7:08 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Here we are, here Marcita!
We are going to climb the suitcase with what it entails.I am delighted to stop moving so much: beach, pool, mountain, rural house, return to the beach, Burgos, Salou, to the town, return, salou again, France, fulfills one, party of another .......uff!And look that I like to travel but with a 11 -month -old son and the third child, the diabetes, I am exhausted.
David gone to Rachas.We are still waiting for the review of the year of the diagnosis that had to have been in June.The other day he took him to get blood and the poor gave 3 punctures.I refused to make the doll RX since I don't see the meaning.Every 2-3 years, but it is in normal percentiles, so what?
The fear I have now is that the school begins in mid -September in the afternoon TB and that is novelty.More hours "away from home" new teachers although arranged and more lack of control.We will see.
We are going to fight for the continuous meter on the next visit.We lift a large collection of hypos of up to 27.
Various kisses

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
08/25/2009 12:09 p.m.

Goodssssssssssssss!
Santesteban, what a summer more movidito you have had !!!We the opposite, calm, but loading batteries for winter and especially for school.The truth is that it is a task of the school in departure, especially for our kids.
Kisses to all.

DiabetesForo
08/27/2009 10:36 a.m.

Hello everyone:
Forgive for my absence but in summer I almost never connect, I only see the mail from time to time.
I'm going to tell you the best story this summer.
Julio's princes called us from the association and told us that there was a camp in A Coruña for diabetic children and that Maria had preferred if he wanted to go since he had never been in any.We went to talk to them and after much deliberate and ask we decided to be, after consulting the involved that had as its purpose to learn to puncture Solita, which so far it was impossible.
The camp was focused as a 5 -day candle course by the Ria de Coruña, 200 km from house :(
The first day of camping we call Maria to see how we were and we do not locate it.The next day we were already calling the cordinator early in the morning and told us that Maria was happy and playing and that the first night had already achieved her goal, she had punctured alone: ​​shock:
We talked to her every successive nights and left over the rest of the days that happened quite badly, even if he did not see anyone, when he talked to us he cried disconsolately, felt alone but did not want to return until the camp ended (the camp was finished (It is a head).
The positive thing is that it is completely autonomous with its 8 years.
The negative thing is that it took another week to put it in measures since the entire camp was over 250 with 480 peaks, a generalized issue among all the children to whom there were even those who, Maria said the little machine gave him high, that is to say, that is,He did not measure so high.
I guess in those camps prefer that they are high and not suffer from hypos, they think that total for a week nothing happens.
Anyway, Maria fulfilled her goal and we give the suffering well employed.
The rest of the phenomenal summer and tomorrow, well today, we start with school.Again to explain to the new teacher what this diabetes is, which has to monitor, how the glucagon (just in case), the our bread of each course.
I am very happy to write to you again, I missed you.That you know that I have read all the previous messages of these last 2 months and that the insulin-water is like studying it, it happens to me more and more and I blame it that when I grow up I will have more demand, but you already make medude.
I said kisses and hugs.

DiabetesForo
09/09/2009 8:09 p.m.

Good morning!!!!!!!!!!
Jose I'm glad to read.On the one hand, I am very happy with Maria's autonomy, but on the other I find the attitude of the camp, all crios with high levels so that they do not have "problems" and the ketone bodies?Anyway, there are people pa'to.
We are happy, tomorrow we start with the formation for the bomb, the 17 give it to us, so that we start to pot and the 22 already sees us the endo, what do you want, my mother!
Well, greetings and kisses to all, present and absent.

DiabetesForo
09/10/2009 4:43 a.m.

Jose, have you begged, huh?I'm glad you enjoyed this summer.I hope you are totally recovered from your accident.I say the same thing that marks, to kill them.Kisses, especially for that champion you have at home.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
09/12/2009 7:58 p.m.

Holasss
It is inadmissible to have all the children of a camp in such high values ​​...: Evil:
I do not know what number of children attended, organized healthcare or the monitor/child ratio but in any case the high figures are not admitable, except for exceptional cases.
Children can be children but not dumb and the message that is launched by keeping high glycemia generalized is quite the opposite of what should be a camp for children with diabetes.

Against what it may seem because of the intense activities that are usually designed, glycemia in the first 2 or 3 days are usually up;The explanation is found in the nervous system: first time to be away from home without the "protection" of parents ... the nerves of being in a group that you know a few people ... the nerves of participating in an unknown activityAnd never done before ... always generalizing that each person is a world.
The most comfortable for a camping person responsible is to adjust the glycemia with the rapid insulin because it allows to vary in a matter of hours and adjust the pattern to food, exercise and glycemia ... Of course, this forces us to perform no less than7-8 glycemia a day (including night blood glucose at dawn) and being making many decisions for many moments of the day.

This year we have made the decision not to let the youngest children speak with the parents ... a very high percentage of children cried almost every day and felt bad and that did not help the integration into the camp ...I think it has been a success, 5 days are few and in reality there are only 3 days that do not see the parents (day departure, arrival day).We have given all the explanations and except for small "mommy moments" has worked better than in previous years.
I know this is controversial and debatible, but experience advises us.

Within the association in diabetes is another lack, there is no communication between different groups that organize activities, there is no minimum quality standards, there is no communication of good practices ... Voluntarism is fine, but much better is volunteering (planning,organization, methodology, quality, evaluation)

DiabetesForo
09/13/2009 7:10 a.m.

Good morning!!!
Jose, how good to see you again, the truth is that when someone disappears so much time, I am assaulted by some concern .... the camp, without comments, despite the fact that Maria has learned to puncture ... I already told what youHe passed Angela last year, and he did not want to repeat ... I feel sorry for, because Dana has enjoyed a lot since childhood in the camps, but jolin, I need one that inspires me security ... I do not rule out doingSome deal with Owash:-/
Come on, greetings to all daddies and our kids, a good start of school.
Kisses.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/13/2009 9:50 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.