{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Very good.

Well, to continue with the general tonic, Celia took off the catheter last night.He was saved and did not realize until he was undressed to go to bed.Then it was measured and the glucometer gave him a beautiful hi.Hala, another night without sleeping calm.
I think someone should happen to Medtronic what is written in this forum, to see if they stop becoming disregarded and also stop saying that they are isolated cases, that they are already worth them.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/15/2009 6:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Girls!It seems to me that I'm going to call Medtronic.We have just had another climb for no reason but at 450 that is where we get on to us.If it is not for takeoff, it is due to obstruction we have a change of catheter every 24 hours at least three days in a row, the more that happened 3 days ago.
Reading you Lena gives me hope at this time of overwhelming.How old is your daughter?
I don't know if in Medtronic they will have a problem changing the type of catheters.What do you think?

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
10/15/2009 6:17 p.m.

Ufffff, my mother, I get chicken skin!In David's case I would not hesitate to call Medtronic to request the change, I do not think they have inconvenience, it was proposed by the commercial (Javier Largo) and in 24 hours we had 3 test in our house .... II would try, to try nothing ... I know the case of a boy who directly asked the end of the commercial house and changed the bomb (I would exhaust all the possibilities before) .... The truth is desperate!!!!For Celia I don't know what to say, do you still with lambdalina?Before the anesthetic did not happen to you, right? ... Juan Luis has been with the 2
catheters glued and more than stuck.They have already been removed, but with great effort .... This weekend I will try the cream to see if it takes off (it is very big head) and if we do not try, I do not know if someone will.
Much encouragement and see if you can sleep ... kisses

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/15/2009 6:33 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Santesteban, when I read you, you will ask yourself why?Well, we had the same problem as you for almost a year in PrincipHi but pal that gives more, every day change of catheter we called the hospital and they told us that there was no equal case, I was desperate thinking that this rhythm would take away the bomb, I cried to think that we had to return to the multiple doseWith syringe, in short for me a Calvary.When I read you, I have felt relief because there are obviously more cases like my little one.To get an idea we were left without catheters

As Velia says I am a very big head and continued investigating until I found this forum and read your messages, especially those of Velia, I began to investigate online about the oblique catheters and called Medtronic, the next day I had 3 oblique catestres and aprick, and bingo worked phenomenal!To the point (as I will have read in my previous MJE! that we have had to lower all the bolus of meals and even basal sections.

My little one is 4 years old and weighs 14,200k and measures 105, as you will see is thin (by genetics my family is like a lot and do not where they put it) is your son like this?

Do not hesitate to call Medtronic, as soon as you read this message, call it without hesitation, say what happens to you and that they have told you that oblique catheters are those who put babies and thin people, that you can no longer spend more timeThus, surely sure they send you the 3 test catheters quickly.

Once you try them and see that they work (I am sure it will be) you must call your diabetological equipment so that they take it into account for the following order, the 6mm catestors boxes that you have to change MECTRONIC for oblique boxes.The ones I have changed just arrived.The reservoirs are the same as you have those do not have to change

I do not have to tell you only that I understand you perfectly because we have gone through the same thing and it is very desperate, frustrating and reading the glucometer begins to be to give you a heart attack.

So my conclusion is to call right now.

P.d.quizás there is some lack of spelling but I have written at full speed

DiabetesForo
10/16/2009 4:47 a.m.

Ah Santesteban When they send you the oblique catheters and you start using them, do the controls at the time and a half of the bolus because perhaps it happens to you as you have to lower them, I tell you to avoid hypoglycemia in the first change we had some,Even one of 43, it was in the post of the dinner, it came toTime from 9:00 p.m. to 24: 00h, and the same has happened to us in the basal from 07:00 to 9: 00h tb we lower it 0.05 a time, and we will even have to lower some.

The reason for this has been explained very well in a MJE that writes, it is evident that when putting the other catheter it collided with something and that is why many times when it should work and we removed it the cannula was bent, really by thisI think that the girl was even putting more insulin than she needed.

DiabetesForo
10/16/2009 5 a.m.

Much cheerleades ........ He is giving me even afraid.I hope that this of the catheter is solved as soon as possible because you cannot be like this and less with the kids, try to threaten Medtronic with taking off your pump. Do not interest the loss of customers, I say ..... I will touch woodWhile we are not having any problem for now.I imagine how you will be.
I also battle here, Nyah seems that he does not reabsorve the hydrates and is having continuous hypoglycemia and some quite low.We have lowered the insulin to the minimum but it seems that the thing does not end up working well because as soon as it is low as it is in the clouds, depending on the type of food that ingested and sometimes not even that, even the costs.I am quite distressed thinking that any day I have to get the glucagon.To top it off at night now it is put in 300 from 3 in the morning without any reason, we have been going back on basal but nothing touches me every night, with the consequent fear that hypoglycemiaDiurnal that do not change my schedule and give me a scare of three pairs ...... This is the biggest file x that we have had in 4 years, amazing.:?
Well, what has said a lot.Kisses.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
10/16/2009 8:19 p.m.

Good morning, family.
Go how we go for this forum ...!
On Thursday I put noe another new cateter, of another different lot, and so far it has not been wrinkled, and that has gone to school, birthdays and park, and even I have shower without losing it !!!!!In the end it will be true that the lot came bad, I say.I hope that is, and the problem is not of Noe and they do not end up taking away the bomb, as they told me in the hospital the other day, if the thing is not solved.I say that if the problem belongs to my daughter, they would all fall and if it were from the Lambdalina as well, because we always use it, well, the other day we did the test to put it "hair" and it also fell.
Beky, in summer we had an equal file as the one who accounts, which even did the celiacism tests, but in the end it was an intestinal virus that was resolved in 8-10 days, but it passes fatal.Much encouragement, handsome.
Well, girls, to see if our things are being solved and we count good things.
Kisses and good weekend.

DiabetesForo
10/17/2009 6:22 a.m.

Good night!Let's see if it doesn't happen to me like Friday that I wrote the Bible in verse telling you many things and I am erased
Now I am tired so that only the part of how the file "J" "is going (to fuck that these catheters are making it wrong !!!).
Yesterday after day and a half of catheter to obstruct yourself.Today after showering again, although I have solved it with tape.
Tomorrow I call Medtronic.That those blessed oblique catheters send me to see if I do well.Lena, David weighs 14 kg and measures 95 with three and a half years.The quadriceps and something the culete tb is flaccurrio but with muscle.
I already tell you.
Beky, Nyah, doesn't fall short.It is already what is missing to complicate the control of these dwarves.See if it's the virus and solve as soon as possible
Thanks for accompanying me in file J. Girls !!!!Kisses

santesteban
10/18/2009 6:08 p.m.

Santesteban just tell you that the catheters were not always bent when we took them off, sometimes yes and sometimes not.I hope you send them to you tomorrow.
Yesterday the little one was riding in the slide and goodbye Cateter!He had been wearing 24 hours, and on top!
Santesteban are already telling us.

Becky to see if Nyah is fixed soon, and that it is all of the age, is that these kids challenge us continuously, but in the case of ours it is all more complicated.

A mother has told me that she uses the spray nobecuta for the catheter and that she is not going to take off, I have her, I bought it at the beginning but I do not use it, it is that I was drowning every time I was thrown out of how strong it smells, I gave me the feeling that I pointed out, I will not be a matter of trying it again.Have you used it?

DiabetesForo
10/19/2009 4:05 a.m.

It seems that the catheters are going to send me.Let's see if Depaso are solved with the new pegata.
Lena, mine is thrown through the slide and nothing usually happens but what usually spoils is when it stands and jumps on the culete raised on the couch.It costs me a mogollón to tell you that you do not do something when you are ready for your age.Although the sofa as it is buried is limited.
That true the thing that challenges us and with our added problem is all more difficult ...
I have not used the novel for ever.

santesteban
10/19/2009 8:43 a.m.

Good afternoon, Papis !!!!
How are those kids?How is the "catheter theme"?
And noe how is it going ???
Angela also plays everything, and has always set up in swings and others, we have hardly had problems in that regard, although I am also in suspense when I presuppose that it can fall ...
By the way, this afternoon I spoke with Javier, our Medtronic Commercial, called for a minilink theme and took the opportunity to tell him your problem .... He told me not to hesitate to call 24 hours, which they will try to find a solution...
Well, I let you go a little unreasonable and I'm going to rest a little.
Kisses and good afternoon.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/19/2009 3:22 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Good night,
I see that we continue with the hot topic of the cateters.Santesteban, to see if it is true that the obliques send you and improves the thing.To Noe the catheter that I put on Thursday cost me work to take it yesterday, I was attached conscientiously and that, as I already told, we battle for all kinds of situations.The one who put him yesterday also looks good and has not yet been wrinkled, to see if he can solve the thing.
Lena, we also put basal, especially at school time and some section of the night, but they told us to change it every three days, not before.
Velia are you Pachucha?Noe has also started with sneezing and muffins this afternoon.
Beky How does Nayah follow?I hope you also sing.
Rest of moms and daddies, kisses to all.

DiabetesForo
10/19/2009 3:54 p.m.

Good morning, Papis ...
Marcita, how good, for God's ... I hope the problems have ended for you ... come now to get good to the bomb.
Santesteban, as soon as the catheters arrive, tell us how it is going ... Let's see if this issue is settled at once.
We are that we do not believe it, and I do not like this to say very high .... except last night that it was planted at 300 at 12.30 (I think it is because I gave it to allege a cocoa that we buy in France and contains sugar,Instead of the low calorie, or perhaps a bubble), but that lowered it well and fast, we have not had a single hyperglycemia in a long time, the highest values ​​have been some post of 180 .... Come on a lujazo... Let's see if we continue like this.
Lena, how are you going?
Jose, who have us abandoned us.Let's see if you tell us something about Mary.
Mani, a little kiss.Also tell us some of the kids.
Paz, how is Angel going?Let yourself fall here, woman, to miss you.
Pumba, if you keep reading us, tell yourself something.
To all, have a good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/20/2009 5:31 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello family,
I was only going to thank you for asking for Nyah because looking at what hours they are and I am falling but as I have a guard I am taking advantage.The storm is already passing, now it touches us readjus.
Marcita, I remember when this happened to you, we also played one equal last year at this time but not so strong, I remember it because the analyzes had just done to Nyah and gave negative Celiaquia, I also came to think thatIt could be that.I think that for next time I don't catch me more surprise, we have been putting it at breakfast 1 unit !!!Of insulin for 4 rations, it was incredible.
I hope you are not better and I haven't gone more.Luckily the catheter, by the way, I put a product to take off the catheter, tomorrow I tell you that I do not remember it now, I "recept" man.
Well, I'm going to see how this Nyah was 300 in the post, to see if I sleep something today ......... good night.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
10/20/2009 9:04 p.m.

Courage, Beky.Now that the worst has happened, try to rest, that these kids need us at the foot of the cannon.GUAPETONA KISSES.
Santesteba, did the oblique arrived?How are you?We have a catheter change today and the one we put on Sunday has not been wrinkled (I will touch wood, they will not call me from the school again), so it will be that it was from the lot.
I imagine that some must fall, into certain circumstances or for justified reasons, but not this that happened to us, that one took off sleeping.
Well, you have a good day and the kids go pa´lante.
Kisses.

DiabetesForo
10/21/2009 5:23 a.m.

Good night!!!
We already have the catheters at home (3).What happens that I have not sent me intruptions except those of the insert that are not enough since I have doubts.I will call the commercial of the area and if I will not go to you
By Murfi's law today the catheter has not been taken off nor has it clusted and we have been (this morning).
I tell you

santesteban
10/21/2009 5:36 p.m.

Good morning!!!
Jo, how many good nights, Marcita and Santesteban .... Let's see if the streak continues.
Santesteban, they didn't send us more instructions either than those of the prick, which are unclear, the truth, but I tried and fortunately it came out ... you just have to press the white mechanism that has a tassel so that it is lifted, withThis pressed introduces the catheter and loose so that it is subject (there is only a possible way to color it).Remove the guide protector (needle), without removing the stickers, place the puncture so that the base of it is supported by the insertion zone and press the upper part to launch the mechanism, taking into account that it is not insured ..Once punctured you perform the opposite operation, press the white beeThe other sticker ... I don't know if it will have been clear.
Anyway to wait for events and hopefully it works.
Lena, how about you ????
Becky, I'm glad Nayah is overcoming the virus or whatever, there is no way to be calm ... The other day I called you and did not take me, I left you a message on the answering machine ... encouragement.

To all kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/22/2009 4:27 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thank you Velia for your explications, they come very well.I think I have done it well although I have taken off the peg of the front before inserting it and I think it is better to insert it and then remove a peg, the guide and the other pegata right?.My biggest doubt was with a story and better what I called.The worst, which has hurt him.I don't know if I have given him too little angle .... I don't know if he will let me put it to put it.It also still hurts, even limb
I remember your recommendation to do controls before the two hours are completed
I will tell you that I sleep writing.Thank you

santesteban
10/22/2009 5:08 p.m.

Hello everyone, how are you?
I walk this week faint.
Claudia started Sunday night with gastroenteritis.
All night vomiting, with the consequent controls every hour or hour and a halfNo solid.

In the end after 12 he began to tolerate the serum they sell in pharmacies for these cases and at 16 he could already eat something solid.

We were reassured Tuesday at home and how it seemed to be better, because Wednesday went to school.He had a headache but he was eating something

Yesterday at eating it I already had an X file, at the hour and a half of eating and after having put a square bowl he began to be hungry.
He was with juices and cookies and did not go back to almost an hour later.

And the final traca is when he came from being with his father, with nauseas and again malica.
Tonight he has vomit again.And start everything again ... with the aggravating thing that this time I did not wantI see on the hospital and scares me
These days I have also had personal problems and I am a little plof.
But I love my daughters very much and I will go ahead.

A fat kiss for everyone and especially for Velia, if it weren't for her many times I don't know what she would do

maclaudi's profile photo
maclaudi
10/23/2009 5:56 a.m.

Hi Santesteban .... Surely it has been for the angle.Angela has not complained about any, and has been wearing a few.Let's see if next time it goes better .... yes, the stickers are removed once inserted and as you have said .... barbar soil with 1 unit when it is high before inserting it and with 07 or 08 in a normal situation.... for now it was good .... How much did they tell you?
Yesterday, something that has rarely happened happened to me, it had a high figure in school at the time of recess and after ed.Physics (240) I missed me and when I arrived I looked at the last fixed barley and was 6 days ago: Oops :: Shock: .... in short, there are times that these things happen ....
Kisses and good day

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/23/2009 6:02 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.