{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Hello to all

With permission I join the parents of parents, even without being (unless I know: d)

Regarding summer camps, you can not get an idea of ​​how complicated it is to organize an activity for 60-80 families of such disparate ages (7 and 15 years for example) and such different needs/peculiarities.

In Valencia we always made a talk prior to the camp for parents, where we pass the menus, activities, approximate schedules and recommendations in terms of materials, clothing etc.(Despite being in writing many jump to the bullfighter).

In children with "special needs" (celiacía, not wanting certain foods, excessive sensitivity to insulin, little or no independence in the management of diabetes ... and millions of more possibilities) what it is about doing isthat 1 monitor is at the maximum pending of it.
The ratio monitors/assistants, in my opinion, must never exceed 1 monitor for every 3.
Obviously the monitors must know what the subject is going, in Valencia the association is formed, and at least 15 days in advance, monitors and doctors have the insulin guidelines and annotations notebook of the previous 2 months. In this form, you can try to study each case.

Even so, and since you know everyone, diabetes is the closest thing to chaos theory and in the end you have to be prepared because anything can happen to you, no matter how much you prepare it.

Salu2

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/08/2008 11:45 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!and already hot.
How are those kids?Not good, although tomorrow I will collect the results of the urine analysis that the pediatrician sent him, because he gave me ketone bodies in urine several days, although in blood it did not exceed 0.1 mmol, I suppose it will be for the fast of the night of the night.
Glycemia very well and sleep also better.
Have a good day.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
07/09/2008 5:28 a.m.

Goodss !!!!!

Yes, it seems that temperatures are going up again 8).Ainhoa ​​is going well for her glycemia, the throat has not gone more, I have not given her anything, because she does not complain and the glucose levels are very stable, so I have the doubt about why the other one gotNIGHT A 320 :?: As I find explanation, I leave it in another "file x" of diabetes ...

Marcita, having told you tomorrow of the analyzes, is sure to be for the fast of the night.I'm glad Noe is going so well from his glycemia;).

Kisses and spend a good day !!

mari.gar's profile photo
mari.gar
07/09/2008 10:17 a.m.

Good morning daddies, mamis and not daddies: D .... Thank you very much for your answers.Oswash, what you say you do in Valencia is what I would have needed and expected and what I requested from this ... these days with the block I felt guilty because it is true that I am a bit demanding and meticulous with what things andI can be a bit pampinra with Ángela .... now a little more serene I think no, that each father is as he is and I need certain things that give me security ...
Well, we manage and go to the zoo with the girls ...
A kiss and good day for everyone ...

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
07/10/2008 5:10 a.m.

joooooooo, I have written with my boy's user ... hehehey .... Well, I'm Velia ...

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
07/10/2008 5:11 a.m.

Good, family !!!!!!!!!!!!!
There are files X of diabetes!Sometimes you go crazy looking for an explanation that is never found, things from diabetes.
Velia, I'm glad you are calmer and enjoy "escape" to Madrid.
Well, the results of Noe's urine analytics has not given anything abnormal, on the contrary, says his pediatrician than everything perfect, so not to worry.My mother!I play wood because we have been with incredible glycemia for three weeks, it has not had any hypo again, to see if it continues and the hemo that touches us within 15 days.
Well, have a good night and kissed everyone.

DiabetesForo
07/10/2008 4:01 p.m.

Look what they have sent me by email:

Someone said a child gets in his belly for nine months.
That someone does not know that a child gets in his heart all his life.

Someone said it takes a six weeks to return to normal after giving birth.
That someone does not know that after giving birth, normality does not exist.

Someone said you learn to be a mother by instinct.
That someone was never shopping with a three -year -old boy.

Someone said that "good" parents come out "good".
That someone thinks that a child comes with instructions and guarantee.

Someone said the "good" mothers never shout.
That someone never saw his son break the neighbor's window with a ball.

Someone said that a good education is not needed to be a mother.
That someone never helped with a fourth grade math task.

Someone said you can't love the second, third or fourth child as the first.
That someone only had a child.

Someone said that you can find in books the answers to all questions about how to raise children.
That someone did not have a son who put a bean in his nose.

Someone said that the most difficult to be a mother is childbirth.
That someone never left his son at school on the first day of the garden.

Someone said a mother can do her work with her eyes closed and a hand tied behind her back.
That someone never organized his daughter's birthday party.

Someone said a mother can stop worrying when the children get married.
That someone does not know that marriage adds sons -in -law to the heart of a mother.

Someone said that a mother's work ends when the last child leaves the home.
That someone has no grandchildren.

Someone said a mother knows that her son loves her, so there is no need to tell her.
That someone is not a mother.

Someone said that a mother does not need the "I love you" of the son ...
That someone is not a child.

DiabetesForo
07/10/2008 4:09 p.m.

Marcita I keep that of normality does not exist ..... How about noe with the diaper operation?I have already seen that glycemia accompany you, that well and that I breathe.
Velia, I hope you are disconnecting this weekend, have a good time.
Mari, Mani, I don't tell you anything ........ How bad I am;)
I only had a second to tell you that ............... have granted us the bomb !!!!!!!!!!!We could, we could, we could, yes.The Eurocup, Winblendon ........ This was the only thing that was missing :)) Well, that we already joined the club.They give it to us on the 24th to become familiar and at the beginning of August they already put it on.Now the panic has entered me a little for all that it entails, but you already know the changes .....
A kiss to all.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
07/10/2008 7:55 p.m.

Bieeeeeeeeeeeen beky, how much I am glad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kisses

DiabetesForo
07/11/2008 3:39 a.m.

Congratulations Becky.

Don't worry about being afraid.At first it is so.But you learn quickly.
You also know that you have all the "bomber" mothers here for what you need.

At first I had a teacher in Velia, and still consults many things

If you want my phone for anything, you can ask her, because I don't know how a private one is sent here.

A kiss and go ahead, that you can

macllaudi's profile photo
macllaudi
07/11/2008 4:08 a.m.

Beky congratulations!How much I am glad, if you are a fighter ... I suppose that the fear is inevitable, to us also since they told us about the bomb we have not stopped going around, but every day I am more convinced that it is the best forOur little ones.And of course, as Maclaudi says, the experienced moms are of tremendous help.You will see that you do it well.
Noe well, the controlled pipí, even sometimes up to night, but the poop, we remain the same, we return to the suppositories from time to time ...
Good morning to all.Kisses.

DiabetesForo
07/11/2008 5:22 a.m.

Thanks to all.The truth is that I don't believe it yet and neglect what to ask ... you know how heavy I am.
A kiss.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
07/11/2008 6:51 a.m.

This is good news, congratulations !!, we know how much you have fought to get it !!

A hug and kiss to le piccoline !!

DiabetesForo
07/11/2008 10:32 a.m.

Beky, congratulations on the pump.
You finally got it.It was time.

A hug.

DiabetesForo
07/11/2008 11:30 a.m.

Hello everyone !!

Beky my girl, as I told you on the phone, that above that mood, that I am sure you are going to do it very well, but you know that everything takes time and at first, until you take the truquillo a little will cost a little,But you'll see how you immediately do with it."Pupitas", how do you wear your ailments?Take care of yourself.

Marcita, I'm glad that Noe has her glycemia, in the analyzes, has not left anything abnormal.With the chaquita, I tell you that patienceaaa ...

Ainhoa ​​has had hypos this week: ((, heat, not for the whole day ... Anyway, that I have to go down again. Well, and Friday and look at the sight, although I have already startedAlready today the weekend, because my maiden goes all the weekend with the friends of Fiestuqui to a campsite:I am going to take a party for body:-/:-/ I and a girl we are in the house of my in-laws enjoying the pool and I think I will stay until Monday, so it will have to do "Rodriguez".

That you pass a good weekend, and there is if time accompanies us, because here it seems to me that it will not accompany much: Evil :.

Kisses.

mari.gar's profile photo
mari.gar
07/11/2008 2:29 p.m.

Hello good!!!
Mari.gar, be careful with those hypos, now give me more fear than ever, reduce, reduce, to see if you get you not to have them again.When you talk about hypos, what values?Well, let's see if you can enjoy the weekend.Have fun.:))
Velia, how about those days of relaxation?
Who has not seen here for a long time is peace. How are you, woman?
Kisses to all daddies and moms and especially, the kids.

DiabetesForo
07/11/2008 4:11 p.m.

Thanks Kalua, Alea, yes, if it was time, Lexe.Kisses.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
07/11/2008 8:54 p.m.

Hello everyone!!!!

How do you carry it?I around Relax enjoying the little girl, who is now in the pool, do not see how she likes water, there is no one to take it out all day of her, and when I finally get her out, the poorGarbancito tó wragao: shock :.You have to see how long the days are made when you have nothing to do, as I do not stop at home all day, here they are becoming eternal:-/, but we are going well a lot :)).

Marcita, the hypos he has had have been 74, 66, and the lowest of 61, I will lower the fast at the time of the food, because almost all have been at the time of the snack.Although today it has risen to 222: Evil :, with which we will see but I have to make more changes, than roll !!

Is it true, where do you get, do everything right?

Beky, as always goes for horites, in the end you will take "vampire" complex :)).

Well to another little while.Kisses.

mari.gar's profile photo
mari.gar
07/12/2008 8:22 a.m.

Hello good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mari.gar How good that of the break!It happens to me when I go to my parents' house, which also lets me do anything, are two great kangaroos.It is true, what they enjoy with the water, Noe the same, costs to remove it from the pool.How are the glycemia of Ainhoa ​​today?
Kisses and have a good night.

DiabetesForo
07/12/2008 4:21 p.m.

Good afternoon!!!!We are already in Cáceres, that Angela had to leave with her father and had forgotten ...
Becky, nayah, congratulations !!!!!Oeoeoee oe oe .... well, you know that we are here with experience, so fears the righteous, huh ????You'll see how everything is going to go ... a kiss and reiterate my congratulations ...
Angela continues with high controls, I have reloaded insulin, the button of one of the breasts, jooooo ... I do not know that you can already be the prepuberty and that is why these changes ???He has long since he has granos on his forehead, in his nose, but I see her little, and with a girl's body, I don't know ... what do you tell me ????Anyway, we'll see, to see if they call us for the continuous meter who already have it here and talk to the endo ....
For the rest I see that you are going well, enjoying summer, although summer summer .... Jo, if you don't fancy or go pool ...
Well, I put myself with the Gazpachito.Kisses, and that glutemia accompany you.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
07/12/2008 4:38 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.