{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Thank you Regina, the problem is that between breakfast and recess if you spend 3 hours but between recess and no food.Yesterday before Physical Education he had 81 and ended with 53, but it has been the exception to be the first day it measures, it is normal to end with 200 and peak.I will continue measuring.
He has a ration and a half for recess and complains ... and the poor I ask him what his friends carry to see if he took ideas, and tells me that "things with sugar and why you would be of those ..."
It is lucky to have a nurse.I think I already commented that the school is Spanish and public, it depends on the embassy and the nurse is also Spanish, a woman's angel!Having all the stages, children to baccalaureate and being more than 1000 students has a nurse.

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
12/05/2014 4:54 p.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

Maybe, giving nuts in recess, it remains better ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/05/2014 7:28 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello Mothers, my two and a half year old daughter debut with Cetoacidocis is already better but the glycemia during the day are rare that come down from 200 and that worries me a lot and well the treatment is that the capillary is measured after food and thereThe necessary units to lower that glycemia are injected.Apart from all my baby, he likes to eat and it is hard to satisfy his hunger, .... tell me his experiences that I do ???

RUL's profile photo
RUL
08/12/2015 3:52 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you do not drop from 200, you will need more insulin, at least you will have to climb the basal.What insulins do you put?In such young children you will have to make adjustments with diluted units or insulins, the pump can do very well.
Welcome to the forum!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/11/2015 12:25 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

With these values ​​I do not see that it can have ketones, I checked ketones in urine and if one day you are nervous a blood ketone meter.It is expensive but useful when it is bad or very high.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
10/11/2015 11:44 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Hello, I just discovered this post, my 9 -year -old son is diabetic, made his debut on January 20, date that I will not forget in life, he did it without ceteaditosis and was 9.4 glycosada, we took itVery in time .... At the moment only Lantus carries at night, 5 units, that is because we are in the famous honeymoon .... It has not been able to eat what he wants ... the truth is thatSometimes some rebounds are caught ... And it is that when I only wear insulin at night and slow I cannot play with insulin ... I just play with food when it is low ...

Carmen Gomez Dalmau's profile photo
Carmen Gomez Dalmau
06/25/2017 3:11 p.m.

@"Carmen Gomez Dalmau", you can also try to play sport, based on tests see how many portions need to maintain levels during exercise and not have drops, and so the exercise allows you to eat something more between hours and give some happenCapricho ... although the honeymoon is complicated, hopefully it lasts.A hug

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
06/25/2017 3:19 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Thank you very much @"ainhoa" the truth is that my son is a nerve and moves a lot ... and as you also say a little with that ... I hope

Carmen Gomez Dalmau's profile photo
Carmen Gomez Dalmau
06/25/2017 3:44 p.m.

Hello everyone, I am a mother but my children are not diabetic, the diabetics I am from the age of 14, almost 31 ago.
I don't want anyone to take my comment wrong or I know what years your children have.It seemed to me to read that there is a little boy of 3 and some of 14.
I as a diabetic daughter advise you to form and educate them in diabetes as possible.
It is clear the concern that exists as parents, but believe that we diabetic children take it much better than parents, and that independence in the disease is very important, at least for me.
I have traveled, I have left with friends, asleep away from home etc etc, and moved with 6 6.
My parents have put within my reach everything that was in their hands, but I have read the books, I have gone to conferences and others.Which still insists on the importance and control of oneself on the disease.
Greetings to all

Maria elena's profile photo
Maria elena
06/26/2017 10:06 p.m.

I can't agree with you Maria Elena
You have to give it the information and that they manage it, because in the end as I always say the diabetic is the son not the father.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/27/2017 11:35 a.m.

Hello, I have ever asked advice to the most experienced that on this diabetes theme I wanted to tell you first that I am a 7 -year -old boy who makes more and a half more and a half l diagnosed diabetes, I am trying to put himThe pump because I am convenient for this to improve the vterior and the quality of life both of his and that of his mother and mine (when the night arrives above all) he wanted to ask you if someone has put the bomb privately and how it has been theTheme above all the learning of the bomb management and X assumed the pasta with the endo fighting from almost the beginning of this story with a result and one of the problems to which I face (apart from the economic one that I hope to overcome) is that where whereWe live there is no private clinic where to put the bomb thanks

Garci's profile photo
Garci
07/08/2017 3:16 p.m.

Hello Garci, do not believe that with the bomb you will improve your quality of life, it is not a miracle, the bomb carries with it serious defects, to me for a 7 -year -old boy I see the bowling better, although it seems to you lie will give it morefreedom.
If you want to improve put a continuous glucose meter, that if your tranquility and its diabetes improve.

The pump is not the panacea, air bubbles are made in the tubitThen for the pool you have to remove it and you have to start to measure continuously because you leave your child without insulin in the body, the daily baths have to be careful not to wet the patch much in case it takes off, and the patches give themcountedAnd you have to be continuously playing with basal and ratios.

We are going 7 years old, which has more or less whole units of insulin, and goes with pens, nor of the pump would put a bomb, in fact I hope my son has those years to take it away from a damn time.

aranzazuleg
07/10/2017 10:14 a.m.

ah!I forgot, you have to sleep with the pump, the pump always goes with it, the ball is much more discreet, because the pump is the mobile size device plus the cable that supplies the insulin.

Think a lot.

aranzazuleg
07/10/2017 10:15 a.m.

I am more bomb supporter.Some puncture saves with the bolis without a doubt.
Aranzazuleg respects your opinion very much, but I have to say from my experience if you take away the bomb in the pool it is not necessaryExcept for defective items that may exist, the adhesive endures the three days perfectly, and in my case I can have a thousand complaints with Roche but not in the amount of consumables that send us home.It is true that the quality of life of the parents will not improve, I would say that on the contrary PQ for me the bomb, especially at the beginning it needs more measurements, but otherwise if I recommend it

Maria elena's profile photo
Maria elena
07/12/2017 12:30 a.m.

Maria Elena, is that since I do not like the bombs ... I have never wanted for me, because for my son less, hahaha ... what happens is that the kids are two hours in the water and moreIf you leave them, my son arrives at the pool and does not leave it, the showers are not a problem, but being so small they are long baths PQ they like it a lot, we take advantage of the catheter change day, if in the end you coupTo what there is.

You do not live the same diabetes with 20 years as with 3 years, it is very different, and just to lower your pants is a problem because although you already take care of the patch with your pants.

To me for the only thing that convinces me is because of the accuracy of the insulin that injects, which in a crio of 3 years are small amounts and the minimum error is a problem.

To me the Boli If I am given total freedom, the punctures, because they are 3-4 a day no more, and I carry much less mark than my son with the pump catheter, still I already tell you that with the child's age withoutThe pump could not be.

aranzazuleg
07/12/2017 9:34 a.m.

Hello.Anzazuleg that such and thanks for answering Maria Elena the truth is that I see that there are opinions on the subject of the bomb seems very interesting to be able to have more flexibility and the saving of punctures although it is no less true that the child's adaptationIt could be a problem to the bomb.The truth is that in the afternoon the basal is over and the consequent very high peaks have beenThat he will put a lesson at eating, in short that I see that new insulins come out and my son is with insus of 20 years ago, you do a little more case and if that is how you get it thank you

Garci's profile photo
Garci
07/16/2017 11:38 a.m.

Hello
I am Angel 11 years old, debuted 1 year 6 months ago.
In relation to breastfeeding, that is to say that the milk of La.Madres contains necessary nutrients that give protection to the indispensable baby in life up to 6 months show the protection of children immune system and that favors the integral development of life.

Angel Andres 's profile photo
Angel Andres
07/16/2017 10:55 p.m.

Garci the children adapt well to the bomb, my son had no problems, to the pricio if he took it now, but I do understand that when you are older I do not see that of freedom, although there are people who already tell you that it is pro-100%bomb.
Nor do I understand because the kids are let's let up, when the lantus is approved and it would be a puncture instead of two, and if it falls short then the toujeo (I think it is written like this), it is a superplane insulin.

The truth is that we do nothing special for them to pay attention to us, complain, complain and complain, hahaha ... I think it depends more on the doctor who touches you, that it is more for the patient than for the money that costs himThe SS, that makes the difference, a simple example, we have a new pediatricI already tell you that most of the time they pay more attention because the doctor is better person, in the same hospital that I go as the edge in the quarterly revision, you have already joio, lost evaluation, and we arethe same ....

aranzazuleg
07/17/2017 9:24 a.m.

Hello good!!!I am new in this forum, I am a child of a child (8 years) with diabetes and I have been read in this world for 15 monthsEverything is perfect or a little high and with a smile but ... this is what has touched us

Well I don't get bored anymore if I will be brave and I will write more or I will simply read but thanks for existing

Mayteaa's profile photo
Mayteaa
07/19/2017 6:49 p.m.

Hi Aranzazuleg now I have been able to see your message, the truth is that I think we have not had luck with the endo and the..o there is no significant improvement because it is deboveyvq has another little one who can go.It is proven for children, I would like to avoid x all the media that the child is left without basal during the day thanks

Garci's profile photo
Garci
07/23/2017 4:41 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.