{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Carmen Gomez Dalmau said:
Hello, I just discovered this post, my 9 -year -old son is diabetic, made his debut on January 20, date that I will not forget in life,He did it without ceteaditosis and was 9.4 from glycosada, we took it very in time .... At the moment only Lantus takes at night, 5 units, that is because we are in the famous honeymoon ....Bad not being able to eat what he wants ... The truth is that sometimes some rebounds are caught ... and that is that when I just insulin at night and slow I cannot play with insulin ... I just play with foodWhen it is low ...

Angel Andres 's profile photo
Angel Andres
07/23/2017 5:59 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Garci", and the lantus?A slow puncture would be avoided.Put in the morning, it's going quite well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/23/2017 6:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, I don't know at first, we used Lantus but the baby complained that it hurt, we told the endo and cbio to Abasaglar are the same units for both of us?I had thought about trying

Garci's profile photo
Garci
07/23/2017 7:21 p.m.

I think that lantus and abasaglar, they are the same insulin, but the dose has to tell you the doctor.Put on the buttock, it hardly hurts and a slow puncture would be saved.
When you can, you can ask for the toujeo.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/24/2017 12:09 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Well, I pedi toujeo and the endo told us that it was not tested in children, in the culete it is not left but I think that you are right to try with lantus, to your children if they have put them toujeo?

Garci's profile photo
Garci
07/24/2017 2:33 p.m.

I think it is not approved in children yet ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/25/2017 1:39 a.m.

I consider that everything is based on trust, love and >>Attach2, God knows that I love him but I feel that it is my fault in some way

kabriel's profile photo
kabriel
08/17/2017 8:10 p.m.

I and my father We have unfortunately diabetes.

The forum is very good.

Greetings.

puri2018's profile photo
puri2018
03/12/2018 10:41 p.m.

Good afternoon,

I am the mother of a girl diagnosed just over four months ago.Very complicated because we live in Peru although we are Spanish, and the little they taught us here was how it was done in Spain 25 years ago.Good luck that at fifteen days I could take a plane and go to Spain where they treated me super good and gave us diabetological training.But I still have a lot to learn.
According to the glucose before and after eating it seems that the girl is well controlled.The glycosilada we took a week ago, its first after diagnosis, has been 5.9.But he is wearing the free freestyle and I see that at the time or little more after putting the rapid he puts himself in 200, more or less.Is this normal?Can these peaks be avoided?
Regarding leaving her with someone, she is 12 years old and recently went to a friend's house.It was a little madness but thanks to the phone I had monitored and reminding her what she had to do.Although as he ate Peruvian food and he was not informing me exactly and did not know the rations well put the insulin a little to the tun tun and had two hypos that I helped by telephone to overcome.She realized that she has to be more careful.In July he goes to a Master Chef camp (he had already signed it before knowing that he had diabetes) and crossed his fingers.
Thank you all for being there
I read you

Mallorca's profile photo
Mallorca
05/03/2018 11:41 p.m.

Madre de una niña de 12 años que debutó el 29 de diciembre de 2017
Levemir 8 U a mediodía
Novorapid 4 - 4 - 3

Yes after eating is 200, you will need a little more quickly ..,
Or delay 10 min between insulin and food.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/04/2018 2:23 a.m.

Hi @Mallorca.
I also started this path with 12 years.I would recommend that you make your responsible daughter and that education in diabetes, rations, ratios and the long etcetera that accompanies us also give it to her because it is she who will have to deal with this in a short one and I think it isBetter not to depend on anyone.I speak from my own experience because it is true that my parents exceeded the subject and I have been driving myself alone since the age of 12 and at that age you already have enough capacity to understand everything.
On the other hand.If the pre and post-compounds are within normal values ​​and hemoglobin is what you say, your daughter is perfectly controlled.To avoid that peak of 200, the only thing that can be done quickly at least 20 minutes before ingesting carbohydrates or lowering the amount of ingested hydrates .... I hope everything goes great!

erpla's profile photo
erpla
05/04/2018 10:49 a.m.

DMT1 desde 1994, Bomba de insulina desde 2016, Freestyle+Miaomiao+Xdrip, última Hemo 5.8%

I don't have much time that my 6 -year -old daughter debuted, but this is a full time job.The curious thing about our case is that she does not give me signals almost, that is, I must have my eye open because the times that makes me a hiccup (which is not very common) she only begins to tell me that she is very hungry andIrrita a little, but in addition to that it is still very normal in their things, so as I know her, I check glycemia and so I realize, so I do not leave her with anyone apart from my mother who is the one who takes care of her whenI'm working.But also the hyper those are my headaches there are days that rises a lot even with water that I drink and that puts me to a thousand, but that goes to this does not make a reaction it remains very normal as nothing happens, if I give myselfAccount is because I constantly measure it.The day she debuted we arrived at the clinic was in 500 and she normal playing with a girl who was there and said that nothing was and nothing hurt, if she was admitted in those days but by an urinary infection she had nothing more and forThat they have an idea we realized why I lose weight in a matter of 3 days and because the pees went out for a lot of water, she always happy and with a lot of energy, at dawn does not make any debut sleep all night, only if she has oneHyper that happens more commonly urine.This is a trip!

Elaine S's profile photo
Elaine S
05/30/2018 9:11 p.m.

Hija de 7 años
DMt1 desde 7-Nov 2017
Levemir 12(mañana) 6(noche) y novorapid (3, 3, 2)
Glicada. 7.7

Hello moms and dads!Today it has been a month since my boy of 4 and a half years debuted.These weeks have been hard, many hypers and hypers.For 1 week we are using the I-Port and helps us a lot with the injections although the last one did not enter well and had 400mg hyperglycemia.Our diabetes educator says that we can soon receive the freestyle because social security covers you but I have a question;How do you do those who have young children with school?

The truth is that at the moment I do not loose and it does not go to school, I have never been so protective but it can have hypos at different times of the day and sometimes they are asymptomatic ... that's why I can't let him go, taking into account that it isThe only and first diabetic child in their school, so they have no idea.When I feel prepared I will give their teachers a small training to be able to detect the signs, especially hypoglycemia.
I am also considered buying another MGC sensor with alarms such as Medtronic or Dextrom and thus be able to monitor it at a distance something that seems that with free freestyle it cannot be done.

How do you do it?According to your experience, what sensor do you recommend?

Thank you very much for your comments, I don't feel so alone when I read you ...

MamidAdam's profile photo
MamidAdam
10/12/2018 11:25 a.m.

@"Mamidadam" The free freestyle has the free app Up with which you could see the values ​​of your child at a distance, the problem is that he would have to pass a mobile phone through the sensor or someone had to pass it to control theglycemia at school.-
With Guardian Connect of Medtronic at the moment I think you can only follow up if you have iPhone;If your economic possibilities allow it, you can go for Dexcom and track Nightscout from your mobile and the other option is whether the SS will finance the free freestyle is to buy a Miao Miao or Blucon to put it in the sensor and makeFrom free a continuous meter with alarms and with follow-up in Nightscout.-
Anyway, your child would need a smartphone at school or a smartwatch with WiFi or SIM card to upload the data to the cloud.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
10/12/2018 10:12 p.m.

Hello my 6 -year -olds use the Dexcom G5 and their measurements reach our cell phones when it is in the garden, it is a tranquility, and also and above all you avoid risky situations.I made the teacher a poster with the symptoms of hip and hyper, although my son for now is asymptomatic.If you have the possibility to pay the Dexcom or doubt it !!!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/12/2018 10:18 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

@"SIGSAUER" THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT.It has been very useful.

MamidAdam
10/13/2018 1:14 p.m.

@"Dani76" Hello!I would like to know how the I-Port is working ... my child is with the room and except the third, everyone has gone quite well.What is your experience with him?
See you soon!

MamidAdam
10/13/2018 1:16 p.m.

Hello @"mamidadam" my experience with the iPort is very poditive, it carries it in one arm, although sometimes it can "cover" and I realize because I begin to rule out things x the climb that had, and change the iPort and regulates it and regulatesThe measurement was once that when I went to the garden to apply insulin for its snack, I had 410, in those situations I apply on the belly, since my son lowered faster, when he took the iPort I was folded by the Canula, then we rememberthat had moved a lot when applying it.
Despite these situations, it is wonderful not having to prick your body so many times x day.
Notros passed the fast and an hour later the slow one.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/14/2018 12:33 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

@"Dani76" Do you always put it on your arm?They told me that it is good to rotate;arms, gut, thighs ... tonight we will put it in the thigh to see how it was ... the last time we put it while sleeping and did not know, we have thought that it would always be good to do so to avoid the scare of havingPut it on ... I say it in case you want to try it and thus prevent it from moving.

I knew that the I-Port that failed because when putting the insulin hit a shout of pain and did not let me finish ... sign that it is not well placed.

Thanks for your comment!

MamidAdam
10/14/2018 7:21 p.m.

The iPort there is no way to place it elsewhere, we are rotating it in the arm and in the other, since it carries the Dexcom in a little shower.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/14/2018 11:01 p.m.

Argentina

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.