{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Hello everyone!

Definitely, the I-Port does not work.The last 4 i -ports have not worked well.Right now Adam, my son, is with 400mg ... It is a big problem since it costs him enough to support insulin punctures.I have put it in arms, gut and thighs and nothing ... you think it's fine until you do the following control ... it is very frustrating ... apart from the fact that it is super didicil to balance its glucose because since we debuted we have hadMany hypers and hypers the rest of the time.It can be said that "normal" has not been.I think it has not touched us a good endocrine either because it gives you a guideline and it does not see you again a month ...

Please, I am desperate ... I need you to explain to me if the debut in your case if it was similar and know if this is going to go better or will always continue like this ...

Thank you.

MamidAdam's profile photo
MamidAdam
10/18/2018 12:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It will go better.What insulins do you use?
In children you have to vary doses and adapt to growth.The endocrine has to give you some guidelines for you to make the decisions.It takes your observation time and the fewer variables you have, the better.
If you see that the IPORT has failures, the 5 mm bd needles are practically painless.The buttock is a good place for the slow, and the gut and arms for the fast.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/18/2018 4:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi Mamidadam, I do not understand why you say that the Iport does not work.If I interpret well, before using iPort, I already came with hip and hyper ... when this happens that it has 400 to go down where do you put the insulin?Surely not X the Iport, there it goes down?The first time my son was placed by his diabetologist, will you have that possibility?And I think you should first stabilize, as much as possible, its levels, consult with diabetologist, surely have to rise slow, adjust fast?Did you check the CH?

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/18/2018 4:30 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Hi Mamidadam, my situation is similar.My 3 -year -old son debuted in June and when they discharged us, he only had a week left and still decided to take that week to try to return as soon as possible to his normality (ours is already a separate thing) where all his companionsThey received him with hugs and applause and was excited.

Obviously we must inform the teacher well, and of course that the Dexcom has been phenomenal (when the connection fails to panic) where I often control it from my work, and for me it is undoubtedly the best (withouthave come to try another).

In the morning we leave you after breakfast (lately a little high, about 220) and we control how it goes down.It always carries a tuper with 2 portions that can be divided (Sanwiche, fruit and cookie,) and in school we also leave yogurts of 0.5 and 1.5 portions, so that if for example at 10:15 we see it low, les lesWe tell the teacher to give him a 0.5 r cookie and that he endures until 11:00 where all the children eat something, and here for example that he will see if he endures until 14:00, if at 13:30 is going low, because it gives you another cookie or the piece of Sanwiche that could be left over at 11: 000 .... And so ... it also depends on what the teacher wants to collaborate.

The theme of the punctures does it very well, from the first day as if it were a game, in the hospital I already said to measure him and put the insulin (always with the nurse in front) telling him that on his finger he was going to chop a mosquito, and that he had a ball to paint him in his arm and he had to count up to 10 ... and then he put it to me (you don't see how he left my arms).

Everything like that, at the moment I have done well and I cannot forget that he is only a child and although he will mature before the others ...

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
10/18/2018 6:16 p.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

@"Pepeluis77" I thank you very much that you told me your story ... I know how hard ... I would like to know if today after these months, its glucose level is better regulated than at first, that is, ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿They improve or is it always a roller coaster?

Thank you!

MamidAdam's profile photo
MamidAdam
10/18/2018 8:06 p.m.

Hi @Mamidadam because the theory is that glucose levels improve, but in my case it is not quite like that ..

My son's problem (and I suppose many children who have been), it still has insulin reserves in their pancreas (peptide c), and by putting it into treatment with "external" insulin its pancreas releases it when it comes inWin with the consequent descent ...

For commenting a little this time, in August he was 3 weeks very stable, every day from Monday to Sunday they were very similar (he got up at the same time, ate at the same time ...).We went to the beach last week and here everything he had been doing and was quite uncontrolled ...

Since the return in September I have not managed to stabilize him as before the cows, and at the beginning of school he has even more out of control.Raising before makes him more insulin resistant, he moves more, the longest naps is made ... so I have a rapid racies of L-V and others for the weekend where he gets up later.

He only has basal at night and here we have managed to stabilize him with 1 U.I.Levemir that it is already an achievement and we can sleep something ...

Do not despair that surely will be regulated, but above all that is going to improve insurance is your control over your diabetes.You are going to learn what foods you upload more, which ones are worse, with how long you need to put insulin before eating depending on how much it is and what you are going to eat .... it is to give us that time before our impatience ...

Greetings,

Pepeluis77's profile photo
Pepeluis77
10/19/2018 11:37 a.m.

Hijo 3 años DM1

marcita said:
good morning What touchy it cost me today to enter the forum!It has given me a thousand mistakes.

Well, the great night and NOE's glycemia, until now, more altites and have admitted it in school what we wanted!And to last for luck, the director knows the subject well because you have been a teacher of a diabetic child from the 4 years he debuted until last year he moved with 12. Oh mother!It seems that I am calmer.

Paz, daughter, cheer up, Angel is at a difficult age but you'll see how you get something and become aware.

Velia, take care of that arm.Beky And your knee?How about Nyah with the meter?

Kisses to all moms and daddies.

Hello, I do not know if it is where I have to write 🙄 I have been watching my 9 -year -old daughter for some time and I would likefasting 106. I wanted to know if it is normal ... she every day drinking a lot of water is normally pee has many gut pains, etc ... thousand thanks!

patry1's profile photo
patry1
02/03/2020 2:47 p.m.

Hello!I think that you already write to you in the forum 😍 I am new and I wanted to ask you one thing ... I have a 9 -year -old daughter who yesterday did the glucose test, before dinner gave 121, is it fine?I have no idea and wanted to ask for advice 😰 She normally drinks a lot of water is going to pee and has enough gut pains almost daily.THANKS THANKS !!!!

patry1's profile photo
patry1
02/03/2020 3:04 p.m.

Hello!I think that you already write to you in the forum 😍 I am new and I wanted to ask you one thing ... I have a 9 -year -old daughter who yesterday did the glucose test, before dinner gave 121, is it fine?I have no idea and wanted to ask for advice 😰 She normally drinks a lot of water is going to pee and has enough gut pains almost daily.THANKS THANKS !!!!

"Cite" · Share on Twittershare on Facebook

patry1's profile photo
patry1
02/03/2020 3:05 p.m.

patry1 said:
hello!I think that you already write to you in the forum 😍 I am new and I wanted to ask you one thing ... I have a 9 -year -old daughter who yesterday did the glucose test, before dinner gave 121, is it fine?I have no idea and wanted to ask for advice 😰 She normally drinks a lot of water is going to pee and has enough gut pains almost daily.THANKS THANKS !!!!

Sorry I wanted to say right 😊

patry1's profile photo
patry1
02/03/2020 3:18 p.m.

patry1 said:
hello!I think that you already write to you in the forum 😍 I am new and I wanted to ask you one thing ... I have a 9 -year -old daughter who yesterday did the glucose test, before dinner gave 121, is it fine?I have no idea and wanted to ask for advice 😰 She normally drinks a lot of water is going to pee and has enough gut pains almost daily.THANKS THANKS !!!!

Sorry I wanted to say right 😊

patry1's profile photo
patry1
02/03/2020 3:18 p.m.

regina said:
will be better.What insulins do you use?
In children you have to vary doses and adapt to growth.The endocrine has to give you some guidelines for you to make the decisions.It takes your observation time and the fewer variables you have, the better.
If you see that the IPORT has failures, the 5 mm bd needles are practically painless.The buttock is a good place for slow, and the gut and arms for the fast.

Hello can you help me?Where do I have to write in the forum to see my messages?😰

patry1's profile photo
patry1
02/03/2020 3:26 p.m.

They look, you are doing well.
Take your daughter to the doctor to have analysis, because the values ​​of the glucometers are not very exact.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/03/2020 5:12 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Hello everyone!!My name is Maria Victoria Cachaza.I am Argentina, psychology and I have.Specialized in the treatment of children and young people with diabetes.I have learned a lot from them and their family at the work that I have done in Bs As in the Children's Hospital in this city.
I leave the link on my Facebook page.There they can read some of my experience with children.Kind regards
Link

VikyC's profile photo
VikyC
04/12/2020 4:07 p.m.

I leave one of my latest articles
Debut times.Diabetes arrival times

When reading many of the messages that parents of children and young people with diabetes post in the different Facebook groups, I find there the repeated need to express, manifest, the experience of the debut.
Either with words of encouragement, or with a photo of the child or adolescent who had just received his diagnosis, also sharing images of those scenes that could be similar to those perceived by those who currently cross this stage ...
This need to communicate as it is to receive support from those who have already gone through this situation is as understandable.
Thinking about these circumstances, I encourage you to use some concepts of my discipline to decipher what in mood surrounds the times of debut.If this is traveled with the emergence of a hospital international, that is, if the child or young man arrives at the health center with high or very high glucose values ​​in his body, the experience that will be perceived will be that of danger, since the urgency is urgentIt will present and then the medical devices will be launched to compensate for the state of metabolic imbalance in which it is.After this situation there will be another time: to receive the diagnosis and start learning everything necessary for your care.
Meanwhile, the psyche of those who attend the child (I mean their relatives) will try to travel.with the mood resources you have.what has had to live in order to elaborate the event of their child's disease.It is not exaggerated to affirm that for many families the experience of the debut is close to what is called traumatic experience and as such it responds to the fact of having perceived the events of the emergency of the child's health, being an expectant witness of a painful and distressing event, that I represent a danger to his life.
From there the path of the mood elaboration of that episode will be the one that allows him to find the parents and the child certain senses to give the disease a new health condition entity, reestablishing emotions and affections, processing the anguishand fears, returning the vitality lost at that time.
The image can contain: 1 person

VikyC's profile photo
VikyC
04/12/2020 4:11 p.m.

Link

mamarvazq's profile photo
mamarvazq
04/12/2020 5:37 p.m.

pumba said:
Marcita of course I understood you, if I had put in the comment to Harpo that if in the Basque cabbage I had nurse made me Basque, but at dinner when I saw the attack in the attack inThe news erased it, and as I saw that you had already read it was for that.I also love readers even with days of delay and see how things go: d.
Do not think of those things about cancer, the lottery will not touch us twice, don't be like that :)) that we already have :)).

Manic there are every doctor out there: Evil :.
The bomb what slows me more is what you say that carrying it all day on is now entering the silly age that everything gives it and that is what it lacked.

Beky has ever happened to me a long time ago but little singing, when you remove the needle changing my leg immediately, I scheme it as I set it sitting that I was impression that it was because of the pressing of the thigh with the seat.
Make him blackmail to leave in the culete there hurts little.In the belly I probe and I did not dare to cross the skin, it is skinny and so finite the skin, the attempt has no longer be left again.

Paz Endo still says nothing, we insist so that he puts it alone but does not want, I even tell him that since this year the college's hike is out of the province will not be able to go, but not even for those whoHe doesn't want to, we'll try on summer holidays.
I always measure it asleep and not find out, only once recently wash my hands with cold water before measuring it and sleeping, I looked like it was, but if I measure it from 6 in the morning that wears morehours sleeping then if you wake up.
In summer I have ever put the insu on the thigh to correct asleep, but that will be no habit and if it moves the leg.

Hello good !!!! I am Basque with a 4 -year -old boy who debuted in February and in the choles here there is no nurse .... Yes, we are trying but nothing 😉💋💋💋

ainara81's profile photo
ainara81
04/10/2021 10:56 p.m.

@ainara81, get the nasal glucagon, which has just left.It will give you peace of mind in school.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/11/2021 4:15 a.m.

regina said:
@ainara81, get the nasal glucagon, which has just left.It will give you peace of mind in school.

If I already have thanks anyway 😉

ainara81's profile photo
ainara81
04/11/2021 8:31 a.m.

@ainara81, have you prescribed it for social security?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/12/2021 4:39 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.