{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

I put a PAM message.I think ... I don't know if I did well!

nuriavegal's profile photo
nuriavegal
05/02/2014 6:21 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning.
If PAM, I will take it into account and I will comment on the educator on Monday.
Another question to the bomberies, the night controls, how often do you do them?How do we know every hour for the hypos, I'm afraid to think about doing less, but it is supposed to be better and it will not be necessary ... when you do them?
Thank you so much!

nuriavegal
05/02/2014 9:33 a.m.

I controlled him before sleeping, if everything is fine (with a sugar in 130/140 at about 11:30 my son endures until 7:00).If I keep the doubt then at 5:30 /6: 00 I do another control.
all the best

Pam's profile photo
Pam
05/02/2014 10:43 a.m.

Madre de Alejandro de 3 años, diagnosticado en Julio de 2013
Usa la bomba de Medtronic. Insulina: Novorapid
Residimos en Viena.

Hello!I am new writing here, although I have been read and follow you for a long time.I don't know if my doubt goes here, but any of you could tell me how you calculate the hydrates of homemade cookies?I need to know if I do it well or not ...

Thank you very much in advance!

Moon

lluna20's profile photo
lluna20
05/02/2014 3:07 p.m.

Luna. Tell the rations of flour and sugar and divide them by the number of cookies .., but it is better to eat one and measure before and after ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/02/2014 8:10 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Good morning!!!I have been missing for a while, to see if I can resume the forum.
@Zoiloyyo, how are you vacations on your land?I imagine that you would enjoy the family a lot.I see the climb of Hemo, do not worry, for your child's age it is not considered an acceptable hem.Anyway I have read you that with the changes of pattern it is already better.Glad to hear it!

@Pam, the bike and the ice cream ... I put a text on the hyperglycemia associated with the exercise, of the Diabetes Foundation:

"Hyperglycemia associated with exercise

The exercise is probably one of the most difficult to control diabetes parameters.Although its effect, in general, is a decrease in blood glucose, there are times when the effect can be the opposite and hyperglycemia occurs.Hyperglycemia associated with physical exercise is due to the release of catecholamines (stress hormones) that increase blood glucose.The effect of these hormones is short since they usually last from 1 hour to 1 hour and a half.Therefore, immediate posttejercio hyperglycemia should not be corrected.

Another different situation is that glycemia increases during exercise due to lack of insulin.The glucose level will increase if exercise and insulin levels in the body are low.Muscle cells need more energy, which get "burning" glucose, but having not enough insulin, glucose cannot enter the cells, and therefore the body acts as if there was not enough sugar in the blood and stimulates the liverTo get more sugar from your reserve.This makes blood glucose levels increase more.The way to correct this problem would be injected insulin. "

It may be what the first paragraph, release of catecholamine ... will happen to your child ...

@nuriavegal, welcome to the forum ... Where are you from?When will the bomb put your girl? ... I would also put the emla at least so that it does not take fear.Anyway, my daughter uses oblique catheters.I have already explained it in the thread.They are longer, faster and inserted obliquely, instead of right angles ... they are indicated for children and thin people.My daughter is doing very well ... you can comment with your educator and those of the bomb ... By the way, what bomb they will put on? ... May your girl make hypos yet without clicking her slowly because the slowIn the morning he will continue to effect ... with a pump there is no residual basal insulin, you can administer from 0 to x units of both basal and bolus, and in minimal quantities, so surely worse than as it is it will not be.And it will adapt quickly, better than you imagine.

We have a grass ... Uffff, the nights are Toledo too.I don't even even patrás ...

Kisses and good day to all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/12/2014 7:15 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much Velia.

We are from Madrid, the bomb is that of Medtronic, the paradigm I see and yesterday we just finished the formation.They were to call us today to meet us to put it on but the endocrine has not passed consultation and the nurse has told me that I would try to talk to her and call me tomorrow.Let's see if it's true !!

I don't know ... after the tantrum of the other day when putting the sensor of the continuous meter ..... I waited for anything and maybe I have to put the pomadita for both.

My girl is very small and thin, the cannula that you will use the little girl, which is filled with 0.3 (they told me that there were two sizes) and it is flexible like a nylon hair, I knew nothing that there were oblique canules, the sameThe one we are going to use in your case is and I don't know, I will ask, thank you very much !!

nuriavegal
05/13/2014 5 p.m.

I mean that they put themselves obliquely, not that the cannula is oblique ... that I have explained fatal!

nuriavegal
05/13/2014 5:01 p.m.

Hi Velia, the truth I think what you will be for the excite

Today we had a revision and we have 6.3 of Hemo so the very happy doctor with the result, says that to be so small and take it like this it goes phenomenal!I hope I know so and lowering the result if the gods accompany us;)

Nuriavegal, I see that the nights best with the continuous meter so I'm glad for you!You will tell us once you have the pump.

Greetings to all

Pam's profile photo
Pam
05/13/2014 5:17 p.m.

Madre de Alejandro de 3 años, diagnosticado en Julio de 2013
Usa la bomba de Medtronic. Insulina: Novorapid
Residimos en Viena.

Good morning!!!
@nuriavegal The sensor insertion hurts more than that of the pump catheter, but as it is so small it is not others that you also put the emla for it ... it is convenient to put it as 1/2 hour or 3/4 of an hour beforeSo that the area is better anesthetized and remembers cleaning it very well so that it does not interfere with the glue of the catheters ... the oblique catheters are called Silhouette, in case you want to ask.
@Pam congratulations on that piece hemo, come on, a luxury!;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/14/2014 7:01 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

@ lluna20, forgive, had not read you.welcome!.I tell as if it were a commercial, approximately 70 gr of HC per 100 grams of cookies.But the most accurate is what @regina says.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/14/2014 7:08 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Velia, I'm going to ask yes !!

nuriavegal
05/14/2014 11:47 a.m.

Velia, are financed by Social Security?

nuriavegal
05/14/2014 12:15 p.m.

Hi Velia, and also greeting to the rest.
How about you for Cascais?I hope that well, I by Zamora because Pacific ... that is not little for how the perceal is.I knew little yes!
Well, we go up to 7 and now we are in 8 because the first days it worked but then we got high to food again.But now with 8 it makes hip ... surely I needed 7..5 of Basal .... We have consultation on June 7 but even this week I pass the values ​​to the endocrine to see what it says.

Iluna for the homemade I tell a portion for every 15 grams of flour to carry, if then it carries milk or yogurt, or chocolate with stevia or that it carries it also divided it between the muffins that come out.

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
05/21/2014 3:23 p.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

Although I have not written in this thread for a long time, if in the chat.I attach a table made by my wife of how we count the protein fat unit.It belongs to my wife, complicated but the same gives you an idea.We use it for Jesus' birthdays.Greetings and congratulations to Van who goes to Everest !!!!

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
08/19/2014 7:32 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Hello!
I am sorry to have disappeared but it has been a very complicated months.My father began to degrade very quickly and ended up died on August 30.I did not feel like entering to see anything and much less count misery of diabetes .. ostrich attitude or selfishness, I suppose, forgive.
Luke also after vacation cost God and help regulate the doses again ... He took us almost all the month of July, which his hem went up again for 7.8.Then he has been phenomenal until at the end of October he has uncontrolled again and we walk again ...
On October 15 he made a year of his debut and I think the downturn is giving me now ... I suppose that a little also for the death of my father ..
Anyway, I'm not very helpful in the forum.I'm sorry.
I hope you all do well.Kisses

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
12/01/2014 3:54 p.m.

I am very sorry for your zoilo loss, and I understand your pain. Everything has come together. And you don't finish assuming one thing when another comes.Controlling children's glycemia is sometimes complicated, and children hurt in the soul, but they are very strong warrior sweets than us !! A big hug and a lot of encouragement, diabetes is a background race and your father will always beIn your heart and your memory!

beti's profile photo
beti
12/02/2014 10:15 p.m.

Courage, Zoilo, in what we can help, here we are. What insulins does your child get?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/02/2014 10:33 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Thank you, I really thank you, that I know you understand me perfectly.Christmas is coming and they will be hard dates too.
Lantus gets in the morning and Humalog quickly.He was with 11 from Lantus and we have dropped to 10 and now to 9 because he arrives with Hiper at lunchtime at 1 (this since October, because we started the perfect course) and at 3 he is with 30/40 and peaks snacking now.Yesterday was the first day with 9 of Lantus and I arrived with 111 to the food and 181 to the snack, more balanced it, because he was with 240/250 coming to eat.
I also distrust that Mondays that have physical education before food and arrives high, you must go by doing hypos and tracing the only one after, so tomorrow I have physical education again I will ask the nurse to measure it before going to the classroom.
And on the 16th we have consultation, I've already carried the list of questions prepared ...
Thank you very much, really.

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
12/03/2014 1:23 p.m.

Zoilo, the days that have physical educational, can arrive high by the exercise itself, which if it is strong, it can go up instead of going down ..
The guideline that carries is good. But if you want to recess or snack, you will need to be.
It is lucky that you have ill in school. Here there are no.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/03/2014 9:11 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.