{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Thanks Velia!super understood !!For now I only put quickly ... since I program once you have finished eating ... the truth that can be very useful once we know safely the meals that act that way ... for now it does not usuallyeat them a lot because it doesn't catch your attention but I imagine that over time
I will be interested as the rest of the mortals !!!;) thank you so much!The truth that they told us but I didn't remember ...

Pam's profile photo
Pam
04/09/2014 5:29 p.m.

Madre de Alejandro de 3 años, diagnosticado en Julio de 2013
Usa la bomba de Medtronic. Insulina: Novorapid
Residimos en Viena.

Hello!As you can see that we are in a holiday period ... we had consultation on Thursday and although I expected it, I left a little disgusted.Lucas has risen the Hemo from 7.1 in January to 7.7.The endocrine did not give it excessive importance (to reassure me, I know) but I give it to him.And there is no one from 200 before eating ... Then it makes hiccups in less than 3 hours, we rise again to overcome the hypo and so we are ... it must be finishing the honeymoon, yesterday it had a half year thatHe debuted, and then has up the slow to 7 units and quickly at the school's meals.Because?Because I have come to the conclusion that as the food is between 12.30 and 14.00 h but that they eat in 10/15 minutes and the rest is to play football, there it burned everything !!!
Now as it is on vacation and breakfast as two hours, it is not a good time to see if it turns out, but in less than a week it has already reached the food with values ​​to be around 160.
I know that this is difficult and more now at this age, it is always hungry, but every time I see it high I break down ...

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
04/16/2014 11:44 a.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

Zoylo, if after breakfast is fine and comes to eat, will not need mid -morning, I know he is a child, but you can fool him with something light ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/16/2014 12:05 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If you see what hungry, put faster at breakfast and give more hydrates there ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/16/2014 12:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I already know it and I told the endocrine but I do not deceive it not ....WhIKE BROCAS MUST ride when the sandwich opens and is "only" a liquid yogurt that is only half a portion ... is that lately it is alwaysHungry, at eating it is already asking that if you can snack ... we choose to put the quick when you finish eating because you can eat what "wants" and we count the exact portions, we ask several times that if you want somethingMore ... he tells you no, that it is fine .... Well, at the time or time and is little already hungry again .... it is desperate.

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
04/16/2014 12:09 p.m.

Hello parents!A question ... This week my son has the highest sugar than normal for the Manas ... when they measure him in the school for the time of exercising, it goes quite high from 280 to 315 ... the endocrine told us thatBetter to wait at three hours to do the food to correct .. but seeing that I was so high at two, I already put some fast (less than half of what the pomp suggested) and in the end I arrived well to theFood ... but I don't know if that can have consequences, I would like to continue putting a little quickly in between until it stabilizes a bit ... because it works well for me, but I am afraid that it is counterproductive.
Two months ago I also spent the same thing about having the highest sugar in the morning and put more insulin and then returned to normal ... but once again he has high at that time.

all the best!

Pam's profile photo
Pam
04/26/2014 6:38 a.m.

Residimos en Viena.

Hi Pam, try to make you faster at breakfast so as not to have that peak.By.Correct before 3 hours nothing happens ... but better not have those hypers

tica's profile photo
tica
04/26/2014 7:53 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hi Pam, that happened to me with Lucas, always arrived with more than 200 at the meals (12.30 hours).The endocrine told me .... "What makes you want to put some insulin in mid -morning?" Of course I had already thought about it.But he told me no, that he could overwhelm later with that of food because they don't spend 3 hours between recess (10.30 am) and food.Breakfast does it around 7 in the morning.So I have increased the fast breakfast to half -unit more than the rest of the day as it is and we have lowered the snack of the recreation at half a portion of HC or 3/4 of portion ....
And since April 10, it was the last consultation and we also corrected the Lantus and upload it to 7 we are much better.

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
04/28/2014 9:07 a.m.

Thank you very much to both, I have now done what Tica has told me and is much better.
In the weekend it was very hot so I measured him if we could go by bike to take ice cream, he was in 120 so I told him that an ice cream invited him, when we arrived at the ice cream shop at about 20 more minitos I saw that he got offOf the super excited bike and when I am going to measure it in 197!What a surprise that takes me and I measuring before seeing if the sugar was good to go buy icy!
All the best!

Pam's profile photo
Pam
04/29/2014 6:24 p.m.

Residimos en Viena.

Hello everyone.
Forgive me in the middle of the thread ...
PAM, I see that your child has 3 and carries Pump Medtronic.
My almost 2 -year -old daughter is put in 3 - 4 weeks with Novorapid too, we are now in training with the diabetes educator.
I would like to ask you any things if you don't mind, I don't know if privately for not disturbing the rest ... we have been with injection therapy (5-6 day) and have not managed to stabilize it.Debuted in Oct 2013.
Do you care if I put a private?
Thank you so much.

nuriavegal's profile photo
nuriavegal
04/30/2014 9:18 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I would tell you that you will ask here in case the information serves other daddies.This forum has many visits to consult, they don't participate ....

tica's profile photo
tica
04/30/2014 10:13 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Basically it is that my daughter has unpredictable night hypos even though we do not put her slowly at night.The problem is between 00:00 and 8:30, in that time strip it can be at any time.We managed to control it because we put ourselves the awakened and as soon as we have it in 100, we give it half a ration or ration and so on the night, there are nights, that we have to give it twice hydrates.This is the main reason for the pump, also from the snack to dinner, we have to reinforce because even if we do not click on the snack or we click on a room, before dinner if it arrives, Justemima arrives.They tell us that it has a hypersensitivity to extreme insulin, the pattern is rooms in rooms with syringe and it is very difficult for the dose to be precise when we talk about tiny amounts manually administered.
I would like to know if it is fulfilled that the pump disappears practically the nocturnal hypos, how to do so that it does not get into the little hill when it sleeps, it gives me panic that is released, or be doubled .... I know that I knowThere are many doubts, a bit to know PAM's experience that your child is tiny too.
I hope that at least we will improve the girl's quality of life, 6 punctures a day that are not effective, plus 8-10 capillary controls every night, more giving ration ... her nights are horrible, she is very small to beWith this trajín of nights, he has the fingers ... Anyway ... that is why I would appreciate experiences and headed for Pam ... but you are right, better if this post serves to help someone else.

nuriavegal
04/30/2014 11:05 a.m.

Hi Nuriavegal!I am delighted to answer you, for that this forum is for that!
I tell you that for Alejandro the bomb is like another part of him, he has never told me that he bothers him, if he has asked me why he has to take it and understands (or at least that makes me feel).My son more than hypos at night we verify if he has it high at night (at 11:30 p.m., but the truth is that he warns before because he sleeps very restless, as if he had nightmares.
I tell you that at first it happened to us that at dawn they only gave him hypos and that is why we stayed another week in the hospital until they controlled it by lowering the dose to the minimum of the bomb capacity.(Here in Austria, the children of first first put a bomb .. choosing the pencil is an option)
What you tell me has to be without living!Upon getting up every hour, I have done it several times when he has been fever ... and it is torture for both yourself and the child.
Once I realized that the catheter (isoflon) did not work at night and not to wake him up with the bad taste of changing it, I decidedI then checked with the doctor if I knew how to use the pencil correctly and the truth is that if I know how to use it, but I do not know what happened that night, I had to give it a complete ration to level the sugar. Those things have never happened to the bomb.
When sleeping I tie the bomb to the waist and put in the honeycomb or in the body the remaining cable.There are also t -shirts and panties that are disagreed to sleep or do sports with the bomb, but the truth is very expensive, I have bought one and I told my mother to copy them ... they have a pocket where you place her and soThe cable is not tangled.If you want the page to see it.
We also have a bag that is special for children because those who gave us, which is the one that comes with the machine, fell all the time and with this we do not have that problem, it is from the same company of Medtronic and here they call it "Portfolio for children "is worth about € 40 and comes with an adjustable band.

Now I put the catheter in the muslitos and do well, before it was put in the buttock but to let the area rest there and he likes it more, he says that it hurts less, although now we use "emla" that it is aAnesthetic cream that I apply it about 40 minutes before the change and so do not feel the puncture.
I tell you the advantages I see in it:
The clicks that you save.
The dose it manages are exact (provided there is no air in the cable)
You can activate a program in which the pump suggests that amount of insulin to administer according to the ration taken by the NINA, the sugar level it has had before taking the ration, and where appropriate the "active" insulin thatI could still have.This is very useful for example in the school when there are others who are responsible for programming the bomb to the child.(This is guidance since you also know the physical activity you are doing at that time and the bomb does not know)
Velia I also explain here that I can use the square bowling where the pump you administer the insulin partially, for the moments when very greasy meals are ingested that make a very high peak at two hours of having eaten them, for example the pizza, croquettesand hamburgers..etc.Velia explains very well, then I look for it and hit him again to read it.

According to Alejandro's doctor, I can take the bomb for a maximum of two hours.I do it only when the catheter is going to swim and reinforce with an adhesive that I buy in the pharmacy (now I do not find it to give you the name, then public it) because generally in the water,With the slides and others used to be removed and with this we now have no problems.
The medtronic catheter recommended by the doctor was the Silhouette Paradigm MMT-381, but this is something that the doctor should advise, we tried another but it did not do well and this is the one that has gone best ... I tell youBecause now you are in the phase of trying and not discouraging you because not everything is the same in each little one and what you have to try and test until you give in the nail.
The truth is that I hope your family's quality of life will improve soon!And anything you need or doubts let her know ... I'm sure you don't bother :)
Maybe I write tomorrow in case something has escaped.
Much encouragement!

Pam's profile photo
Pam
04/30/2014 5:32 p.m.

Residimos en Viena.

Velia said:
Hi Pam, I will try to explain to you: The way to manage insulin with bomb is through a bolus, this bolus can be a normal bolus, a square bolus or a dual bolus ... if you get intoThe Bolus option you will see that apart from the normal one are the other two.
The normal bolus acts in the same way that a fast insulin pen: you click your units, at 20-30 minutes it begins to take effect and at 2-4 hours it ends the same ... but there are times, that the food isslower than insulin, so that at the hour and a half or 2 hours you are even low and at 3-4 hours you have a rush ... let's put croquettes, pasta, pizza ... well the square bolusWhat it does is that it puts insulin in a certain time, the one that you decide, for example 2 units in 1/2 hour, in 1h, in 1.5h, in 2h, etc. ... that is to say divide those 2 2Units between the programmed time and thus distributes it, more slowly ... I the square bolus does not use it just because practically everything that is eaten has a rapid or with a higher glycemic index, I use the dual that consists of in that you canSchedule insulin in a normal and square way .... which takes croquettes, bread and yogurt because it would put the corresponding insulin, imagine 6 units, since 4 in normal form and 2 for 2 hours, the effect of that insulin then is then isMuch older in time, it would no longer end at 2-4 hours, but would increase depending on the duration of the square ...
When you can tell me if you understand it

Pam's profile photo
Pam
04/30/2014 5:33 p.m.

Residimos en Viena.

Many grace throughout Pam.We do not click with Boli, it is with syringe, here in Spain that I know there are no bolis that go in rooms and my daughter sometimes 1/4 is a lot, so it is clear that the only option is the bomb.We are very motivated but we are also afraid of novelty and what the remedy is worse than the disease with the theme of hypos, hopefully not ... I would appreciate the page that you tell me yes.It hurts so much that you have to use emla?I did not know that it hurt so much to put the catheter, the educator told us less than the injections.

nuriavegal
04/30/2014 6:31 p.m.

Hello nuriavegal,
The page is Link
I warn you that the price is high.The page is not Spanish, I think it is from Sweden, but they send them to all parts of the world.It was recommended by one of the Medtronic trainers that she is also diabetic and uses the pump.
About the syringe I imagine that it must be a calvary for the little one!
On the catheter's pain I tell you that we have spent several phases, the first months endured it well, but then a "revelation phase" came to put the catheter I could not put it alone, it had to be grabbed between two and you can already imagine thedrama!Then here I was recommended by Emla and the thing improved markedly.But now it has not been used for about two months because I tolerate it very well, now I reserve it for the moments when you are bad or simply one of those days when you are more sensitive ... a acquaintance changes your child that also alsoHe has three ania giving him some chocolate after change ... that is, pleasant change is not, if you want you can try it in you, but the truth tolerance to pain is different in each person.
It also helps us a lot of "crocodile" as we call it, it is a driver that helps you place the catheter, it works very well in the thigh, my son has told me that I feel less when I put it with thehands.The area you choose influences a lot .. and more in children like mine that is nothing chubby so you have to look for "the area".
I am positive with your case, I think the bomb will help you a lot.Let's see if it is finally and you can tell me your experience .. but as everything in life I suppose it will take its adaptation process.Much encouragement!

Pam's profile photo
Pam
05/01/2014 5:13 p.m.

Residimos en Viena.

Thanks again.
We were "the crocodile" with the bomb that you comment.
I hope that it does not hurt more than the injections, which in theory do not hurt, I put one in my arm and not even find out, but it must be put between two ... it resists, kicks ...It takes fatal going.
I also hope that I improve something, worse I doubt we go and even if it's just get rid of injections ... Well, we hear, we have already achieved something yes.

nuriavegal
05/01/2014 7:07 p.m.

Ah!My daughter is thin, the injections are prayed in arms and thighs, and Ells has much better those of the arms that still has less chichilla !!Each is a world is clear.

nuriavegal
05/01/2014 7:09 p.m.

Delgadita Jolin .... the predictive puts what you want!

nuriavegal
05/01/2014 7:10 p.m.

I would recommend that at least the first cateters put it with Emla so that I do not play it first as something unpleasant ... at least to learn to cooperate ... but I don't know what the other pradres think with more experience ...For now I tell you that my son takes it well but everything is for streaks!

Pam's profile photo
Pam
05/01/2014 7:49 p.m.

Residimos en Viena.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.