{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Hello good!!!
Rocío, the biscuCalculate in the same way, but hey, there you can be guided by nutritional information.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/02/2014 9 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

On Thursday we went to the endocrine, we already said goodbye to the pediatric and we went to adults because Angela turned 16 years old on Sunday.The visit was very good, Hemo 6.1 and everything else normal, they congratulated us for controls and motivation.Look that it costs to maintain motivation, but hey, when good results are obtained it is much easier, although tiredness is not who removes it.
Now my husband and daughter will go to the same endocrine, he already knows us perfectly, it is also my people, so to see what happens in this new stage.
@aaandres how did it go?In another thread in which we agreed that you touched you review the same day as us.I guess "proof surpassed" right?These guys are champions.
And today it is on an excursion, despite the low basal ones it has already had to zampar a shake and cookies because it is ramplona ... However, Ramplona has been for days.I climbed the insulin and now it is playing down ... will it be for accounts?:)
Well daddies and moms, good day to all!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/02/2014 9:06 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hi @velia.
We still don't have the result, but I wait for 7.5 or more.The analysis has coincided with a few horrible days for the exams ... or growth, or the change of moon, or everything together.X (

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
04/03/2014 7:37 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Or everything at once ... Anyway, a bad days do not condition the hem, don't worry.I also thought it was going to be older because it happened as Andrés was high, I climbed the basal and now short ... Nah, our daily bread.Anyway with these ages everything that is below 7.5 is good;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/03/2014 8:26 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Wow, a 6, 9. Good!

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
04/03/2014 1:51 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Joooo very well !!!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/03/2014 2:10 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia congratulations to your daughter for everything, for her birthday, for the hemo, for how well she does it ... in your case a generation did not jumped as the popular dictation says .... I see that your husband also has diabetes ...
Congratulations also to Andres's father, 6.9 is not bad!
We have been detached for a few days because since it does not stop raining, they do not play, they do not burn ... so I have uploaded half unity in the morning the humalog and it seems that it already resulted yesterday ... today it seems that theSol makes an appearance again so see if he has played the blessed football and is good.
I am a little out because my father is very bad already, and I preferproject in the future of my son ... Anyway.
A kiss to all.Thanks to PAM also for its spirits !!

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
04/03/2014 2:47 p.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

Zoiloyyo, thank you very much !!!I explain myself, we met the diabetes root, we were both users of a forum, like this, and one thing led to the other ... :)
I want to think that our children today have many means to carry good control and also have a good quality of life.Surely your father was not lucky, there were other times, other media, so nothing to think that our children will end badly ... I feel a lot what you will be happening.A kiss and here we are for what you need !!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/03/2014 3:13 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Marcita said:
Hello moms and dads!Following your question peace, I have my little one, with his three years I don't leave her with anyone, where I go, well, with his father yes, of course.It is that the family is not prepared to "suspect" a hypo and things like that.We are glued as a Lapa 24 hours a day and 365 days a year.Better times will come.Now Noe has better glycemias, his problem were night and dawns, very low, but as I said, with soybeans it goes better.Greetings.

Hello, where are you from?My child also has 3ñitos and I feel totally identified with what you say.
I am trying to learn to delegate a little and try that the family also gets involved, because I am afraid that one day a setback arises and my child does not have anyone who can leave it.It overwhelms me to think that.
In addition, after a year with diabetes, I think it is necessary to try to disconnect for mental health.It is important that we are overall because our children depend totally on us and for that I think it is healthy to be able to rest.

PaquiR's profile photo
PaquiR
04/03/2014 9:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning .I am the Pope of Jesus.I haven't written for a long time.We keep fighting.Jesus has 4 and gave him 18 months.We carry pump and thanks to Velia we use the square bowling a lot.It is still very difficult but here we continue.A hug.

Papajesus's profile photo
Papajesus
04/06/2014 12:35 p.m.

Hi Papajesus, what about the pump experience?The endocrine of my child has told me that maybe it would be a good option but it gives me so tiny thing.Do you do well?What problems do you have?

PaquiR's profile photo
PaquiR
04/06/2014 7:28 p.m.

My child was very uncontrolled.We have around 9 and the last one has been 6.9.We do not change it for anything in the world.Many problems, especially catheter... we use in it so that the changes do not hurt.... Being so small do not last more than two days, yet for us it is the best, in our opinion it is happier, suffers less and has better control..... that we do more controls on the finger, from 8 to 9. When being able to act the controls are increased.

Papajesus's profile photo
Papajesus
04/06/2014 8:25 p.m.

Oops Velia, I added two plus two ... Anyway how beautiful, at least as you say something kind ... the same thing happened to me with infertility and forums, I have made very good friends for half Spain.
Thanks for the spirits, Lucas's endocrine tells me the same thing ... that neither think that my father has thrown himself many years without fast and without making measurements, he does not know how to count the HC ... many things, it is also paraplegic.But it is being very hard.But of course not, besides, I have much hope in science, they are very young and surely they will benefit from many things that another generation can no longer.
On Thursday we have consultation, I think it is hemo touches again, to see how.This weekend has been detnding him .. removing the mornings that rise well and yesterday before dinner that was with 86 the rest has always been above 200 and without possible explanation ... It is the rage that gives me this ...that doing the same and counting HC sometimes ...

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
04/07/2014 8:34 a.m.

Good morning!!!
@Paquir, welcome !!!You do very well with the issue of teaching your family, it cost me a lot to leave Angela, Uff, I had a fatal, and today I still prefer the close nights, although I sleep little, I do not know, it's 10 years now and I alreadyI have accustomed ... yes, now, I am a bit petare, but ... what we do is one or 2 times a year, we are going my husband and I an end of weekly alone that comes in luxury, likeYou say well.
@Papajesus, what a joy to see you here, Joooo what a good hemo, of course it is a luxury to be so small ... I have written in another post about the catheter that my daughter uses, they are the silhouette, they are of insertionoblique and are designed for young children and for thin people, why you do not try ... They sent us from Medtronic an inserter and a couple of catheters and how we were so well already used those ... to try;) ... ...A hug to you and a little kiss for Jesus.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/07/2014 8:34 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

@Zoiloyyo, hahaha, life is like diabetes, sometimes they are not 2 and 2 ... regarding lack of control, it is so many things, so many hormones, which sometimes more than we insist is impossible ... I have youAlready talked about the pump?You will know me, I am very heavy with this issue, it seems that I take a commission.I recommend it to Tooodo the world and it is that when something works and you have to tell others ... Well, what did you have, you could look little by little ...
With respect to your father, it does have to be hard ... encouragement!
By the way, we go to Cascais this Holy Week ...
A hug

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/07/2014 8:42 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Haha Velia, I'm getting to know you and the bomb ... I think there is no consultation that does not throw the indirect to the pediatrician, but tells me that later .... Anyway it gives me some repair.Gets well doing sports?It is that the child, and the teacher tells me, loses the sport, makes judo and swimming, apart from being obsessed with football and the "tablet" of Ronaldo.And I don't know me like the catheter is going to nail it ... and it is not a tracking there, he gets fine?How much ignorance !!!
You come to Cascais and we next week go to Zamora 5 days !!Let's see the family and give a hand to my mother who is desperate and exhausted.My sister is also out and my brother although she is in Zamora because she has her work and two young children ... and this is 24 hours a day.
I hope you have a good time, to disconnect from the routine and rest.If you need something.Let's see if the good weather is left .... today we have a divine sun!

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
04/07/2014 9:25 a.m.

@Zoiloyyo Ángela put the bomb with 6 years, Lucas's age, so imagine the things he has done since then, from sports, parks, thematic parks, beach, pool .... The catheter does not nail, it isA flexible teflon cannula has no needle, just a metal guide to insert it.There is an insert to put the catheter, it is simple, and TB.It can be done manually, it is very simple ... and that is a break, it can, but they get used to carrying it and is already part of them ... Angela has always carried it are its cover in the pants waisturilla or theSkirts, now with adolescence he has found his hiding place in the gutter, hahaha ... He does not want him to be seen ... so he has dispensed with a founder and there the camouflage perfectly, he has also acquired a ability to take it out without anyoneof account ... :)) nothing, you ask, that we update you quickly;).There was a time, at the beginning of the forum, that many parents got together, and I think they finished 100% with a bomb ...
Many Graciaás for your offer .... In Cascais we have already been, we also go to the same hotel, we already made a honey mini my husband and I years ago ... that you enjoy your family those days, your mother will comeGreat your help and your support ... a hug !!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/08/2014 9:19 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

hello!Could you talk to me a little of the square bowling?I use the pomp but I am not sure what it refers to ... Thank you!

Pam's profile photo
Pam
04/08/2014 5:06 p.m.

Madre de Alejandro de 3 años, diagnosticado en Julio de 2013
Usa la bomba de Medtronic. Insulina: Novorapid
Residimos en Viena.

about delegating the care of our kids a bit because I join whom I can't do it!We are alone in the city ... the closest grandparents are 5 hours by car from us and my husband travels a lot for work so in conclusion ... that God of health and healthy health !!But I think it is essential to have someone in the family who knows how to handle the escencial ... Well, I have appealed to my closest neighbor, yesterday he taught him to use the glucometer so we are going to see tomorrow as he does with the little one!

Pam's profile photo
Pam
04/08/2014 5:14 p.m.

Madre de Alejandro de 3 años, diagnosticado en Julio de 2013
Usa la bomba de Medtronic. Insulina: Novorapid
Residimos en Viena.

Hi Pam, I will try to explain to you: The way to manage insulin with a bomb is through a bolus, this bolus can be a normal bolus, a square bolus or a dual bolus ... If you get into the Bolus option you will see that apart from the normalThere are the other two.
The normal bolus acts in the same way that a fast insulin pen: you click your units, at 20-30 minutes it begins to take effect and at 2-4 hours it ends the same ... but there are times, that the food isslower than insulin, so that at the hour and a half or 2 hours you are even low and at 3-4 hours you have a rush ... let's put croquettes, pasta, pizza ... well the square bolusWhat it does is that it puts insulin in a certain time, the one that you decide, for example 2 units in 1/2 hour, in 1h, in 1.5h, in 2h, etc. ... that is to say divide those 2 2Units between the programmed time and thus distributes it, more slowly ... I the square bolus does not use it just because practically everything that is eaten has a rapid or with a higher glycemic index, I use the dual that consists of in that you canSchedule insulin in a normal and square way .... which takes croquettes, bread and yogurt because it would put the corresponding insulin, imagine 6 units, since 4 in normal form and 2 for 2 hours, the effect of that insulin then is then isMuch older in time, it would no longer end at 2-4 hours, but would increase depending on the duration of the square ...
When you can tell me if you understand it

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/08/2014 5:19 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.