{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Zoiloyyo, don't you measure him in the middle of the night?The post of dinner yes, right?How much did you expect with 265 after dinner to start eating? ...
The higher it is, the more it costs to go down.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/18/2014 7:50 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Well, I asked the pediatrician if I had to measure in the early morning and told me not for now.I usually measure you only there at 12 when I go to sleep.(I confess that on my own and against my husband I have ever put him half a unit without waking it) with the 264 we started dinner, we count the rations and then cross the portions and the 264 and put the quick.A few days I think I do it well, and others give me the feeling that I do it very badly, and I feel frustrated because after living with diabetes all my life I had to have dominated!

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
03/18/2014 8:36 a.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

I assume that you do not measure the pos?(2 hours after meals)
Look, there are doctors who think that measuring little is ideal, but the experience tells us that the best control involves measuring and measuring, even at the expense of our children's fingers.
For you to get an idea, Angela is now a teenager and has some variable glycemia ... tonight I have risen 2 times.His post was measured at 11.3o ...: I lay at 1 and measured it again, then I put the alarm clock at 3 and how was something fair I got up at 5 again to see if I was stable or not... I had 85, so I lowered the basal for 1/2 hour and has risen with 110 ...
I do not parce normal that a child with the instability he has in those ages does not measure for so many hours ... In addition the night is the one that most conditions the hem.
You are doing it great, that you do not doubt ... unfortunately we fight with a disease in which mathematics does not fit ... there are so many factors that make blood glucose to be altered ....

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/18/2014 12:36 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Je, Jeee, Velia.If you get bored at that time you can call us that we also get up at the same time.It is what there is.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
03/19/2014 5:23 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Thanks Velia, today I measured it twice, at 1 I was with 85, and I without knowing what to do it to wake it up to eat or what.I have left it as is, then I have measured it at 4 and I was with 136. I left it like this and at 7 when we have risen I was with 81. He does not use a bomb yet.And I really do not know what to do with these values, if they are fine if not ... the pediatrician told us precisely, that he did not want to massacrate him with so much puncture, although the truth is that he does not even wake up, but he hasAlready some fingers with callus ...

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
03/19/2014 8:27 a.m.

They are great values, Zoiloyyo.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
03/19/2014 9:04 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Zoilo, put the prick at least and wear strips that need very little blood, which will not have almost brand.Change your fingers to prick him.
It has very good values ​​at night. Does Lantus use?My daughter, with that insulin began to have very stable nights, and years ago since it is not measured at night.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/19/2014 11:39 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks to both.We alternate the fingers, yes, and the prick is also minimized, but it has very dry skin and it is very gross, it "loves" to tighten and tighten and take out the very fat drop ....
Yes use lantus from the beginning.My father also changed his life for the better.

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
03/19/2014 12:23 p.m.

Animo Zoiloyyo.We will always have doubts.But as you have also told you, both of the dinner is also able to obtain conclusions.
And for the punchazos Trankila.But I think it is important to have several controls.
I do it at two hours of dinner and three.I use the Levemir and for now.

txetxu's profile photo
txetxu
03/20/2014 4:58 a.m.

Padre de Niña con diabetes: Agosto 2013
Novorapid - Levemir
Ultima Hemo: 5,9

Helloaa I have created a mihijatienediabetes.blogspot blog.

nahara28's profile photo
nahara28
03/22/2014 5:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My girl also uses lantus but they give her 50 and 60 some nightsby day. And the glucosilada at 8'2 I do not know whether to consider asking for the bomb or that desperate ...

nahara28's profile photo
nahara28
03/22/2014 5:40 a.m.

Nahara What time do you put the Lantus?That happened to my daughter when Lantus got at night.It was fixed when we put it in the morning.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/23/2014 9:08 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

My son also puts it in the morning, the Lantus.
Thank you Txetxu, I am doing that, I measure the two of dinner, and some nights twice at one and half half, or only to one.At the moment the conclusion I take is that the night is the best period, the most stable.

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
03/24/2014 11:57 a.m.

@Zoiloyyo, if it is stable, that with 1 time you have enough ... however I must be a shit because with a value of 85 I do not sleep calm or joke, we go that with that age would give him something fixed ... already, already, I would be wrong, but they are too fair values ​​for one night, with how variables the kids are certainly risky.
@Nahara28, I would also opt for schedule change, of course those extremes are telling you that something is not going well.My experience with Lantus was short and bad, I changed several times of schedule but did not work well, and that I had much hopes deposited in it ... fortunately it was a short period while they gave us the bomb.
@aaandres because it would not be bad to be able to make shifts, we would less rest something;)
Good day to all

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/25/2014 9:27 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone, to see if you can help me ... In a few days my daughter will turn two and I would like to be able to take a cake or muffins and that she could eat a little piece, someone can give me some ideaor any recipe?Gracas !!:)

RocioFT's profile photo
RocioFT
03/31/2014 10:58 a.m.

Hi Zoiloyyo!The truth that we would like this to be mathematics and that's it!But the truth is that there are so many variants that one goes more or less giving the piñata ... I spend what for you for two or three weeks especially in the middle of the morning so speak with the doctor and we upload the dose to 0.5Bolus by 1ch.But after three weeks I was already with the hypos so we returned to 0.3 by 1ch ... they have told us that in times of more growth and others it used to happen that.But there are already several mothers who have told me that they notice changes when there is a change of station ... in the middle of winter or full summer ... I have not yet checked it but I am attentive just in case ...

greetings!

Pam's profile photo
Pam
03/31/2014 4:32 p.m.

Madre de Alejandro de 3 años, diagnosticado en Julio de 2013
Usa la bomba de Medtronic. Insulina: Novorapid
Residimos en Viena.

Hi Rocioft,
What I do is that I adapt the usual recipes ... I add Stevia instead of sugar and use scan flour instead of normal white flour.I recommend the muffins because as they go in individual molds and they are all equal, you will be easier to calculate carbohydrates.
Courage in the preparations and happy meet!

Pam's profile photo
Pam
03/31/2014 4:41 p.m.

Residimos en Viena.

Rocioft, I have seen a recipe link in the forum, here I leave the line: Link

Pam's profile photo
Pam
03/31/2014 4:50 p.m.

Residimos en Viena.

Thank you very much pam !!Only a question, which is special for scanning flour?I had never heard it, is it integral flour?

RocioFT's profile photo
RocioFT
03/31/2014 7:36 p.m.

@Rocioft, the idea you have is good but ask before in the save if you could take the cake, muffins ... or whatever you do.I say it because I am a child educator, and in all the places that I have been, they do not let them bring meals made at home for class children.I know that it seems nonsense, but it is so ... it makes no sense that the food that is made in the save is taken every week to analyze, and then let "food out" enter.But come on, if you want your girl to eat the cake you do, there will be no problems.

mimbek's profile photo
mimbek
04/01/2014 6:26 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.