{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Hi Velia and so on.I have done the scanner of the yogurts but I have been all day and you are expected so if there are if the compisHowever, Aspartamo and Accesufamo K.
Yesterday we had the consultation with the pediatrician to mark the pattern of insulin with the count and I was so nervous and attacked that even the child caught him before me ... it will be that I am of letters !!
Anyway today talking to the school nurse has made me see one thing ... He is normal for 4 rations of HC in food, now 1 unit was placed but with the new calculation of his sensitivity he would have to put1.5.Of course, he is reaching the snack by 70, so what the nurse tells me, if we upload this half unit he will give him hypoglycemia .. I will send an email to the pediatrician .. Ainss why I did not occur to me thisYesterday in the consultation ???
Another thing I told him was to get high to food and it seemed that I had read my thought hey ... "I want to put something quick in the middle of the morning ..." And I "yes yes"And of course he explained something obvious, if we put him at the recess of 10.30To insulin ... is that he says that in older children it could be but that as he is still with such small doses ... she seems that she did not give much importance to the fact that she arrives with more than 200 to eat.He said the values ​​of the last month were fine.I don't know .. what unease!

Meanwhile I already have mail but you don't look good so I send you a photo of the mobile that is more focused.I hope you see it.
Kisses.

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
02/26/2014 1:24 p.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

Zoilo, you are the one who best knows your child.Little by little you will make the decisions and that is what to do.You will have to go up the insulin as it grows, until it reaches adult doses.
If you can take away that better 200, although there is always some moment of the day you resist more.Maybe, if you give it a sugar without sugar instead of recess hydrates, then you entertain you ... if you are not low, you will not be hungry ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/26/2014 6:43 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Zoiloyo, thanks for the information.What is Leitelho? Apart from that I don't see anything special to the ingredients.
What you have of the consultation is normal, are so many things that one sometimes stuns ... you have no option to call it and consult it? ..
With respect to 200 I have it very clear.The child does not need so much mid -morning ... between yogurt and cookies you are giving him 1.5 rations without insulin, the option is to download to 1/2 ration ... If you think it is a lot, a week starts by lowering 1/2 Rac., I mean, take 1 RAC.And if you keep arriving with high values ​​1/2 more ... a matter of seeing ... and so you save a puncture and avoid the issue of active insulin when eating, which would not happen nothing, because havingThat into account, the solveing ​​putting less bolus at 12.30h.
On the other hand, the insulin ration ratio varies with the time slot, that is, depending on sensitivity it may need more insulin for breakfast, than to eat or dinner, so it is nothing fixed ... that you will have to see you... Of course if the snack arrives with 70, which seems a bit fair to me, the least indicated is to raise the amount of insulin of the food, because as you say, you would ensure the hypo ... rather the opposite... Even if I tell you, you lower the mid -morning and get more just to eat, you will also have to lower the insulin of the food .... that is a matter of trying and seeing the results ... do not despair, that you are doing great and soon you will catch all the turns.
Goodnoches ... and as we said, "that glycemias accompany us!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/26/2014 7 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thanks to both.
Regina I also believe that if we can avoid those 200 better.My son is that he is still in that phase that is almost continuous.It is also not a break but it's 6 years and is always moving ... even when sitting!
Velia, "or Leitelho" is serum.
We had already dropped half a ration last week and it seems that he has not complained.(Other times it comes home furious because I have put little snack: d).Yesterday in the meal I was with 125 but yesterday was scrambled, with some diarrhea, they called the school, my husband went to look for it and spent the rest of the day well.He had 81 in the snack but 66 at dinner.
Anyway I will continue to go down in the morning sandwich, to see if with the half ration of yogurt endures.
I know you are right, my father says the same, that they themselves are the ones who best agree and know what they need but with children you already know ... those who have to work on the subject now is the parents ...
The pediatrician also told us that, that the most important thing was to perceive at what time we were going to give insulin, see how the child was that day, the exercise that would perform ... is that this is the worst of this damn disease,That is all so relative ...
Thanks again, you are very helpful.

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
02/27/2014 8:17 a.m.

@Zoiloyyo, your son looks like mine ... Joer, what Jetera with food, we couldn't fool his stomach with the "free" York ham, cheese, loin, so I understand you ... andIt is true, until they regulate a little are hungry ... well, let's see if t endures with the shake.There really is not so much time from 10.30 to 12.30.
And yes, when they are small we are the parents who have to live this in our own flesh and it is a pretty complicated task ... you are starting anyway, you will see how with a little time the situation is "normalized" and that unitedThat your child is growing and takes the reins a little, will make you feel better.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/28/2014 5:24 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

@Zoiloyyo, your son looks like mine ... Joer, what Jetera with food, we couldn't fool his stomach with the "free" York ham, cheese, loin, so I understand you ... andIt is true, until they regulate a little are hungry ... well, let's see if t endures with the shake.There really is not so much time from 10.30 to 12.30.
And yes, when they are small we are the parents who have to live this in our own flesh and it is a pretty complicated task ... you are starting anyway, you will see how with a little time the situation is "normalized" and that unitedThat your child is growing and takes the reins a little, will make you feel better.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/28/2014 5:24 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Good afternoon,
I am new in this forum and I am really also in the world of diabetes.I have a 6 -year -old daughter who debuted in August with 5 years.
Tomorrow we do 8 months since that debut and how things have changed at home.
We are happier, because we see her well.
His controls are quite good, the last two revisions had hemoglobin with 5.9.His endocrine tells us that to take so little time it is very good.
That encourages us to continue improving

I hope to learn a lot in this forum and at least listen to other people with my same uncertainty.
And in what can help, here we will be
A hug

txetxu's profile photo
txetxu
03/04/2014 11:48 a.m.

Padre de Niña con diabetes: Agosto 2013
Novorapid - Levemir
Ultima Hemo: 5,9

Welcome Txetxu!The truth is that it is a stick when they tell us, but as you say they see them well it is a mantle in the face of the difficult situation ... there is a very good video two or three pages back that Velia uploaded that perhaps abit!
All the best

Pam's profile photo
Pam
03/04/2014 5:15 p.m.

Madre de Alejandro de 3 años, diagnosticado en Julio de 2013
Usa la bomba de Medtronic. Insulina: Novorapid
Residimos en Viena.

Hi Regina, I answer here the question you asked me in the other Zoilo line of how we had the school here ... the truth that if I tell you you will not believe me!Reading everything other parents of the brutality of the schools have written the truth that Puf ... my son has only a teacher who does the controls and is with him when exercising, going to the patio, snackAnd eat ... she measures her and program in the bomb the insulin she needs, even when she is very tired or changes her mood, it measures without problems to see what happens .. we also have a story to go to the bathroom since mySon is afraid to lower her pants for not hurting the catheter, so she goes with him!
The truth is that he goes to an integrative Kindergarten (Cole) that is to say that they accept children with special needs.There are many teachers for few children: 30 children 12 teachers.It is a coleThe child at home ... so we moved sky and earth to get an extraordinary square in which we are now.Metronic sent someone to Kindergarten to give instructions on how to use the bomb, all the teachers were present, and 6 of them went to the hospital to take a course with Alejandro's medical team, the latter was proposed by the medical team, at the beginningThe City Council did not want but the hospital commanded a letter to the City Council and in the end with the goodwill of the teachers and the director became possible.

All this depends on where you live because for example I live two minutes from Vienna and I know someone from Vienna with her diabetic son and the truth is that things work differently ... Here is depending on the autonomous community where you live ...

On Saturday we go to Granada for two weeks1 !!!It makes me very excited although again to spend time in the super learning that products are the best for our kids ...

greetings!

Pam's profile photo
Pam
03/04/2014 5:59 p.m.

Residimos en Viena.

Pam, ´If that you were lucky with school.Here children with disability have the right to have caregivers and therapists (PT), but our children do not.We don't even have nurses in schools, so parents are always in suspense.
Enjoy your vacation in Granada very much, but you really are lucky to live in Vienna.!How much we have here to reach that level of civilization!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/04/2014 8:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Thanks PAM
My experience with school to date has been great.My daughter debuted in August, because in September when we notified him to school they supported us in everything.The result is that at school among teachers and caregivers, around 8 people have been formed in my daughter's care, punctures, guidelines to follow, rations, ..
It has been great.We are calmer like this, than if I were a nurse to prick him.Now every person who is with her controls the basic.
When there is any questions they call me, but everything is better in this way.
My experience

txetxu's profile photo
txetxu
03/05/2014 2:25 a.m.

Novorapid - Levemir

The Verlada Regina that Im husband is crazy to return !!
But the seeing we have first to inform ourselves the facilities we have in Granada ... Here I see that I feel very comfortable ... but there is something that cannot be bought and it is the wonderful sun !!!
And the truth is that Txetxu if you have tensioned luck too!The truth is that it is possible if the teachers are compromising and wanting to help ... the problem is when in cases Combo they look to the side ... in the end it is a subject of awareness and the device to help by teachers...
My keyboard is has returned crazy writes what you want !!!

Pam's profile photo
Pam
03/05/2014 7:32 a.m.

Residimos en Viena.

Txetxu and Pam, I run the envy: \ ">;) What luck you have. In Extremadura thanks to the protocol, at most there is a reference teacher formed, but I doubt that he takes care of the situation as you do ...Of course this has to move forward, because when my daughter was little it was as @regina says, a "Sinvivir"
Pam, surely you enjoy Granada, to see if it makes you good and you can take advantage of the trip.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/05/2014 7:38 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

In that we are lucky.
Not so much in time.That we have not known a few weeks

txetxu's profile photo
txetxu
03/05/2014 10:27 a.m.

Novorapid - Levemir

Well here today sun and without wind ... Toooodo a luxury!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/06/2014 6:36 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

What envy, everything will come
We will have to be patient

txetxu's profile photo
txetxu
03/06/2014 2:53 p.m.

Novorapid - Levemir

Hello everyone ... here we are .... After about 20 days, we are worse ... oh!
The dietitian called me the other day to be interested and I told him that the worst thing was that the child thought what he wanted to eat but then it was always something else and the dose was unjust.He talked to the pediatrician and told me that we then put the fast after eating.Well, neither with those, yesterday he was 263 before dinner and between what he had and what he had touched 2 units, well he has risen with 224. And examples of these more, or vice versa, make hypos when he rarely did... In addition I have my father admitted a week ago, they gave him seizures in dialisis and do not know what ... I will have to take vacations and go to give a hand.
Anyway, I suppose that little by little, it is that I want everything perfect, and see that I know how difficult it is!

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
03/17/2014 11:42 a.m.

Zoilo, your son is going to need more and more insulin.If you see that it is two days high at the same time, the dose that acts there is up.If you are leaving the honeymoon you have to adjust, and also with growth, until you reach adult doses.
My daughter increased the doses to 14 years.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/17/2014 8:17 p.m.

Zoiloyyo, I think just as Regina ... At that age we increased insulin practically every 15 days ... the same thing always happened to me, it began to be high and my first thought would be incubating something, it will be nervous, nothing, it was that it wasgrowing and their needs changed ... so to climb insulin sends ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/18/2014 7:23 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thanks to both, but do you see?Today has risen with 84 (I was 141 at dinner), who understands?Let's see what happens the rest of the week ...

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
03/18/2014 7:32 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.