{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Zoilo, the lantus is not enough to digest mid -morning hydrates.Or you get fast there (another puncture), or do not give hydrates at that time.I don't know what you are giving, but you can try protein (a cheese, ham york ..) or with few hydrates (an apple, a yogourt, one or two cookies ..).
With Lantus there is usually more than three meals a day, but, the children, the mid -morning and the snack usually.You have to prove what can be eaten so that it does not go up .. or put quickly.Lantus's limit is in the afternoon or night.

That you put Lantus in the morning is better to avoid nocturnal hypos.I had to change my daughter to that schedule, because they had put her at night and went fatal.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/24/2014 1:30 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Regina, thanks for your answer.It is that I think he needs another puncture there, in the middle of the morning ... It is also that he is a commission :(, he does not like cheese or york, nor the serrano ham ... what is going is the hydrates ofCarbon!

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
02/25/2014 6:16 a.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

I think like Regina, you have to look for food with few hydrates ... A 0% actimel has 1/2 ration with 1 Maria cookie may not need anymore ... or 1 0% yogurt and cookie.1 BRK of 200 cc d milk that makes 1 ration ... what a pity of those smoothies pulleva without added sugar, which 200 cc were TB.a ration and that for us have been helpful and have removed them from the market ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/25/2014 6:20 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Velia, has been carrying a liquid yogurt from a Portuguese brand, pammy leaning for almost 15 days, that the dietitian told us that they help to lower the glucose because they were made in "laboratory" especially for this, and two maria cookies without gullón sugar, because to
One like this ... Some days arrives high.Yesterday, for example, he did not eat with 166, but because he had physical education and because thank God the rain gave truce and could play football in recess !!
Let's see if the light is made as with other things and start eating cheese and turkey ham or something ... or tuna minibocadillos or with something that would be only half a ration and it would be more full ... Thank you Velia.

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
02/25/2014 6:44 a.m.

Well, give only 1 cookie and yogurt.
Let's see, how is it that those yogurts help lower the glucose .... mmmm .... I don't know, unless one of the ingredients is "insulin" :(

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/25/2014 6:50 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I don't know Velia, once she told us that she only knew two scientifically demonstrated things that help lower the glucose, these yogurts because they had done them like this and the Basmati rice.

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
02/25/2014 7:02 a.m.

Are the yogurts?
Link

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/25/2014 7:16 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

: O: o, then change from dietitian, because if he tells you that .... in short ....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/25/2014 7:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

or these?
Link

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/25/2014 7:18 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I think he will refer to somehow assimilated slowly, so I want to know what they are, to see the composition.But I don't see that they contain fiber ... Of course lower the sugar I fear no!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/25/2014 7:20 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

When do you return to the dietitian?Can you ask for scientific study?

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/25/2014 7:23 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Prado, I think he refers more to regular than to go down ... Maybe I expressed badly.A couple of months ago the news of a group of Brazilian researchers who had found that Quiabo (who knows about here in Portugal by Brazilian and African influence) came down here) he went down or helped regulate blood glucose ... there theDietitian told us that she did not know it reliably but good that perhaps just like the eggplant helped in cholesterol (the vegetable throws an air we say to the eggplant).

Velia are the blue, the greens are with whole milk and sugar.If you look above the window where yogurts are coming out there is a tab that puts "lean" (= skimmed) and are those, ah!And those that puts aroma, not those of "polpa" because they have whipped fruit.It is not that it takes it together but as it was a brand that we already bought in dairy at home because I have passed the skimmed and that's it.

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
02/25/2014 7:34 a.m.

Ah!I have no date scheduled with the dietitian, but when I return, if I remember ... that I am something I ask for.Or if I'm not going to ask for Mail to see if it sends it to me.

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
02/25/2014 7:35 a.m.

Ay Velia forgive that I go to trumpent daughter .... Let's see if tomorrow I make you a scanner of the composition and annex to you.;)

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
02/25/2014 7:36 a.m.

What I have seen is that they have very little HC, s.By 175ml (a yogurt usually has 125), only 1/2 ration ... but I can't see the ingredients, I see that it does not carry added sugar, but I suppose it will carry sweeteners ... Nothing, so that I like PortugalAnd how close I have it, Pallá I'm going to bring me a batch :)).By the way, recently my husband and I went to Sesimbra and on the way back we went through Setubal and we entered a hypermarket looking for the famous Puleva Light ... There was, of course, but I did brought me a good chocolate shakethat had less than 1.5 rations for each 200 ml Brick.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/25/2014 8 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

They would not also be from memose that have only 35% cocoa .... the dietitian lets them drink now Lucas, but since he has always liked white milk without sugar and he gave it to me already occasionallyWhen alone, then I now quiet until it remembers ...

It's this and flavor is good
Link

Let's see if I remember and bring me the package and scan it.
Good fish would eat by Sesimbra;)

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
02/25/2014 8:33 a.m.

In Portugal we always take rice drum, caldeirada of Peixes and Peixes na Brassa, hahahaha ... robal, which is like the lubina ... silent, silent, which is very bad time and a hunger is entering me !!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/25/2014 8:52 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I don't remember the milkshakes if they were mimosa ... I brought several brands, all with less hydrates than those here ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/25/2014 8:53 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Ainss the drum rice .. I already can make it decent at home, and the caldeiradas that I love!Puff less bad than in 5 minutes I'm going to eat!
I have not bought the chocolate smoothies since October but now that the closure opens a little, I will look to see how they are HC.In case he ever remembers them and they seem.

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
02/25/2014 8:58 a.m.

Zoyloyyo, sometimes it is better to vary them because if they don't just hate things, and that for our children is very bad ...
I have also learned to do drum rice, in his casserole and everything ... I don't have anything wrong.Ays with what I like the country "Vizinho" !!!
Ahhh, I believe that those who say they are good for diabetes, refer to type 2, should be products that for their properties help stimulate the pancreas.In our case, having some control with glycemic indices and controlling the insulin/ration ratio well, it is adequate, at least in the case of children who have to eat everything.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/25/2014 10:50 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.