{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

They go, I'm glad to read you and especially with such good news !!!:)I have not used the Dexcom, but I suppose that it will be the same as that of Medtronic (by the way my husband will prove the DXCOM on Monday), change the stack as if you did not have the sensor, it will not be that it ends youAt night suddenly and have a scare, and I think that if you lose the signal as soon as the pump is in use, it communicates without problems.That is, you change the battery, without more.
Kisses

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/15/2013 3:38 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Velia,
I did so and without problems
And I am delighted with the device ... well the Vibe is the repera because sometimes you calibrate it and it is the same, ... as a variation of 20 points ... Q is a lot ... but to orient this great.... the dexcom at least with the Peke is always a little further ... and we calibrate them at the same time huh.
Let's see on Thursday they make a resonance, to see the growing, and it has me in Asquas ... and also waiting for us to call us to operate it from phimosis ... this crio mine remains everything for the
Antonio how is your superpeke?
Kisses for all

Van's profile photo
Van
11/19/2013 4:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

There is some equivalence table between glucose and insulin, specifically novorapid because my girl was in 450 and we put two of the tip of clear tip we are now pending to see how it was

aliciagomez's profile photo
aliciagomez
11/21/2013 1:49 p.m.

I have to leave, but I leave you a post where we talk about it.You have to calculate the sensitivity factor, there it explains how to make it, and so you will see how much approx.An insulin unit.

Link

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/21/2013 2:26 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello, I am a new mom in this forum and I am a little lost.I don't know if this thread is recently or nobody reads, because I don't see the date, hehe.
Anyway, I present myself, my name is Andrea, I live in Seville and my 3 -year -old son Daniel has diagnosed Diabetes Mellitus type 1 on January 8 of this year.I think it is now in the "honeymoon" phase because I am only putting the insulin at noon and at night, a unit and a half of slow (NPH) and a fast unit (Humalog).I have had to remove the insulin in the morning because it went down every day at 14:30.
I have many doubts and above all I feel a little alone, because although now I am tracing, we are having a bad time at home with all this.
I would like to talk to more dads and moms who have gone through this and share this little struggle we have every day.

Andrea's profile photo
Andrea
02/17/2014 11:47 a.m.

Andrea, a lot of encouragement.Read a lot to learn to control insulin - hydrates.
Little by little you will calm down, although, when they are so children, I am not going to deny that it is unvoyable.NPH insulin is very unstable, it can produce nocturnal hypoglycemia and you will not sleep peacefully.Ask the endocrine about flatter and more stable insulins (lantus or levemir) and insulin pump is still better.
My daughter started with 5 years, now she is 25 and is perfect.So much mood, that treatments are improving.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/17/2014 3:41 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome, Andrea.
Here you have us for any questions.
My daughter debuted with 8 years and now she is 20, so we have already been a little time in this.
I recommend a very good website, where you can read and inform you, which is the best to handle diabetes: www.clinidiabet.com
I agree with Regina that NPH is an unstable and difficult insulin to handle.Try to prescribe Levemir or Lantus.And, as soon as you know how to handle you a little, for the pump.
Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/17/2014 4:12 p.m.

Hi Andrea,

I debut with 3 years 26 years ago.Now I have almost 30. It is hard, very hard and at the beginning it costs (especially to the Papis) to get the idea ... the children adapt better.I remember my debut perfectly ... But diabetes has never caused me any trauma or prevented me from doing anything.After so many years I have absolutely any complication ... I read that as soon as possible is the more adaptation debut has the body to high sugar levels.The studies were serious ...

For anything we are here.Where are you from?

tica's profile photo
tica
02/17/2014 5:33 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Hi Andrea, I'm also new here.I am also one of those who need to talk about things and escape and support myself in other parents and moms with more experience, because of the diabetic daughter experience I have it, but that of mother does not, and I assure you that it is totally different ...

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
02/18/2014 7:41 a.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

Well here you have @andrea and @zoiloyyo, to support you ... nobody better than parents to understand you.After all, before similar circumstances we feel similarly ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/19/2014 6:24 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I leave you a very interesting link of Iñaki Lorente, is a psychologist, educator in diabetes and also has diabetes.It is a presentation at the Diabetesexperienceday held last Saturday, February 15 in Valencia.The oldest you will feel insurance, the newest you will go through the different phases that it points ... I hope you like it

diabetesexperienceday .... that of Iñaki Lorente: Link

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/19/2014 6:37 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

What a great Iñaki Lorente, if you have the opportunity to go to any of its conferences do not lose them.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/19/2014 7:50 a.m.

Hi, I'm a child's mother who debuted in July.I join the parents line.
Excuse me when I use other terms because this has touched us out of Spain ... now we live in Vienna but there is nothing better than our own language to communicate and more at times like this!I have many doubts that I want to raise but now I will take this time to see the video left Velia.

Greetings to all

Pam's profile photo
Pam
02/19/2014 4:17 p.m.

Madre de Alejandro de 3 años, diagnosticado en Julio de 2013
Usa la bomba de Medtronic. Insulina: Novorapid
Residimos en Viena.

Hello!I would like to know his opinion regarding the "religious 3 hours."
I have encountered a girl that her son of five is also diabetic but our children were treated by different hospitals and we have found that philosophy in some things change ... for example in waiting always does not matter if spending the three hours forThe next meal.With my son of three it is a very complicated issue because many times it does not have much appetite so eat little and then at the hour and a half or at most they want to eat again ... but she tells me that according to her medical team sheYou can only give insulin to your child every three hours, in case of hiccups you must compensate with sugar or sumo ... In my case, what I am doing is that I give it if you have 80 or 75, (at lower levels becauseI already give it great) ... but if the child is hungry and its sugar levels are fine because I give it something to eat, in the case that sugar is high because I give it food without carbohydrates ... Also also during the early morningMy son usually gets up only when he has 75 - 70 and asks for milk, and I give him his bottle of soy milk. But she if at night this low gives juice or grape sugar because he says that this is not "areal hunger. "You according to your experience are still three hours religiously?Keep in mind that my son is small and is constantly moving so many times at the time and a half of having eaten easily, he can be in 80 ... but this girl who tells them because it gives him a bit of a lot or sugar fromUVA to compensate and wait for the three hours to have spent so that your son eats as God commands ... what do you think?

Greetings

Pam's profile photo
Pam
02/19/2014 4:56 p.m.

Residimos en Viena.

Hello, Pam!The three hours will be to save digestion and adapt to the duration of rapid insulin, but what it is about controlling glucose as best as possible.
If it is low between hours, you may feel hungry, but it would be enough to give juice or milk with sugar to trace hypoglycemia.
If you put insulin every time they eat, before those three hours pass, the effect of these can be overwhelmed, and cause hypoglycemia.That must be the reason why they tell you that ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/19/2014 6:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Welcome to the forum, PAM.Here we will try to lend you a hand!
First, what kind of insulin are you using?From there you have to see the effect of insulin and the peak of action ... if you are hungry and it is in 70 at the hour and a half of having put insulin and we are talking about fast insulins (Humalog, Novorapid, Apidra), then it is possible that he is going down when he coincides with the peak of maximum action ... In that case, you must give him some juice and some slow hydrated (half ration) so that he does not make a hiccum ... if that happens to youIt is frequently clear that he has a quick insulin in meals ... On the other hand you say that your child takes a long time to eat ... For those cases it is better to put the fast insulin when he has already started to eat, or even in the middle, toNot being that the pre (measure of hair glucose before eating) is very high, in which case we will put it before ...
As Regina says, they may tell you to wait 3 hours to better adjust the guideline ... let's say that at 3 hours of insulin (fast) and the effect is very scarce or zero, depending on each person.
Come, a lot of encouragement, you'll see how in 4 days you have it under control;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/19/2014 7:49 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thanks girls, the truth is that these last three weeks are going well.We have had a very regular tonight the last catheter we have put infected, and last night he got up crying because the new one hurt, this is a new situation for us, we change catheter every three days but now with these two last two the second dayI have to withdraw it to place a new one, so after all the mess we last in sail from 1:00 to 4:00 in the morning ... the truth that I do not know why this happens and I would like them to remember the advantages of thePump because if this continues I am that it happens to me!: -S

Pam's profile photo
Pam
02/21/2014 11 a.m.

Residimos en Viena.

Hello!I share with you our last acquisition ... It is underwear for people who use the bomb ... either to sleep or at the time of exercising ... My son is usually tangled the cable during the night so we haveOpted for this ... notice that the price is high as you look.
greetings
Link

Pam's profile photo
Pam
02/21/2014 5:41 p.m.

Residimos en Viena.

How good is the video, thanks, Velia.Putting the diabetes aside .., it took me for 15 years, but my daughter took her from the beginning.That is the advantage that children have, they get used to living like this and live!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/21/2014 6:53 p.m.

Pam, I also believe that the three hours is to adjust the guideline.You already have a bomb, but I don't know if you already have carbohydrates, I guess yes, of course.They told us that he also had to wait three hours because if they could not see how their body reacted and could not control it.

Tomorrow I have consultation and I am going to ask the pediatrician this question, to see what you think to you.

Lucas puts 6 of Lantus in the morning and 1 of Humalog if he gets up between 70-100 and 1.5 between 101-250.The normal thing is that only 1. PEEERO is the problem, where the meals are, where I normally arrive above 200. I think that of course, he clicks around 7 in the morning and the morning recess is at 10.20.At that time, nothing has nothing left.I think the child needed something more quickly at recess, don't you think?It is that she has always uploaded the slow one but it is not enough to get to food well.
At Christmas he told us that taking advantage of the holidayBetween breakfast (9/9.30) and food (14.00) and arrived from cinema!
Then between the food that makes it at 12.30 and the 15 -hour snack at school comes well, weird is the day you have to put insulin.
Thank you

Zoiloyyo's profile photo
Zoiloyyo
02/24/2014 8:12 a.m.

Mamá de diabético. 15-10-2013. Lucas 6 años.
Hija de diabético. 73 años y diabético desde los 20!!

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.