{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

I spend the change.org link, where we ask for the creation of the Pediatric Endocrine Square for the San Pedro de Alcántara Hospital in Cáceres.If you want to help us you can sign the request in the link.And it would be a luxury if you could spread it.THANK YOU.

<!EN-C%C3%A1CERES "

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/06/2013 2:59 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello!I am Mammen, I am 33 years old and two children.One of 5 years and another of 15 months.

On March 19, my little son, Adrián debut .. Without having a history in the family, as we know clearly ... the issue has taken us from Sopeton and first of all ignorance ...

Adrián had been drinking a lot of water for two weeks and losing weight, at first everyone took importance to me but I didn't see it normal, I started to curose online and most of the things I found was related to Diabetics and I am scared ...

Coji quotes with his pediatrician, and he tells him, he told me that how much would I have lost, I told him that two kilos or so, he told me that if he started walking it is normal that he loses weight and the water was not obsessing either, what would he do itLikewise, an urine analytics, we made it but it took a week to arrive results.That same afternoon when I got home from work, noticTest D The glycemia that I didn't know how that was going ... 595 came out ...

No idea of ​​what does that mean, if a lot .... But the doctor's face told me everything, I ask what was happening ???And he told me, his son is diabetic ... And it comes badly ... with severe ketoacidosis ... at that moment the world came on me, Adrián, being so small I couldn't tell me how he was but his face told me...

We have been 12 days in the hospital, we are already at home.With insulin injections before each meal ...

I hope to get all this ... and have your experiences.
A greeting

MAMME's profile photo
MAMME
04/18/2013 7:07 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Mommen !!Welcome to the forum, I hope it will help you as it is for me.My little son debuted last September with a value of 328 glucose and spent 5 days in the hospital.He was 10 years old at the time of debut and is being hard for everyone to assume it, but I really assure you that over time you calm down and you see things differently.
My son was already being controlled by the endocrine because in a control on the street on World Diabetes Day he gave a slightly high value, which was good that that control was done, because his debut was quieter, although no lessTraumatic, and we do not reach such high values.
He is now in "honeymoon" and his insulin needs are minimal, and I have assumed that this will change but he is small and thinks that this can always last.
For now he is more dependent on me and above all on me and not his father, although he does not stop going to his friends's house.The most important thing and that he assimilated immediately was what his endocrine told him that it is: he lives with diabetes and not for diabetes.
I hope that through this forum we can help us live with her and above all help them that is the main thing.

A big hug

Enma's profile photo
Enma
04/18/2013 7:36 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Hi Mamen, welcome, although as I always say, this is a club where we are not happy to have new members.My son debuted with three years, now after four years in the fight, I wantVery hard work in the coming months but with tranquility and patience you will see how you learn everything you need for your little enjoy everything like a child who is.Your intuition has saved your baby from entering the UCI, it is a pity that with how little it costs to measure blood glucose (you will already realize) ignore and let children evolve to ketoacidosis, Jo! With those symptoms so obvious: Evil: Keep taking advantage of your "super powers" and in doubt it measures the child, do not risk a serious hypo.
I know that now everything will be doubts, but don't worry ask as you need.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
04/18/2013 10:58 a.m.

Joeeer with pediatricians!My daughter debuted with 5 years and I noticed the same symptoms, more thirst and more pee, but as soon as I took her to the pediatrician she made an urine and glycemia strip, which gave 360, and to emergency to the hospital.We avoid ketoacidosis.The instinct of the mothers is very strong, and it seems a lie that, with that of cases of child diabetes that there are, do not make a strip or a blood glucose when parents talk about those symptoms.Income with ketoacidosis can be very serious and can be easily avoided.I get bad with this issue ...
Well, little by little you will calm down, but you have to read and learn a lot to take the reins of control.This forum will help you a lot.A hug.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/18/2013 11:30 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Welcome to the Forum, Mammen and Rebienidadas Enma, Mornita and Regina;): D
I think like Regina although in Neustro Case it was not in the same way ... now they matter to you that the little one is well ... luckily in this forum there are a lot of experiences with children similar to yours.So you can count on us, express your doubts, your fears ... You know that we have all gone through the same.

Kisses and good night.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/18/2013 6 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much for your reception ...
The true is that his pediatrician recognizes the big mistake he made ... as if not to recognize it .... with how easy it would have been a blood glucose test !!But I tell myself that, as I did not do a test in a pharmacy or something, although if I tell you the true thing is that of this most lost theme I could not be already telling you that when the doctor told me that he had595 I didn't know what that meant ... :(

Adrián a month later is very happy, very active and now I notice that it is fine ...

At the moment I stan at the hospital once a week, and changing doses, this Humalog CN depending on the glycemia you have is put on it 0.5 - 1 - 1.5 or 2 ... and NPH 1.5 at breakfast, 2In lunch and 1 at dinner, today we go again ...

If I am lost, quite ... but tb it is true that per day I learn new things, I am very positive and that helps me a lot, I still have the momments I have the true ...

X true, the honeymoon phase when it enters?How will I realize because it has many declines or what ??
And what do hemoglobin cm levels are Adrián?Since he left the hospital, they have not done more tests, is it normal?
I think I remember that they told me that I enter with a level 11 but I confirm it as soon as I get home ...
A very big kiss and thanks again

MAMME's profile photo
MAMME
04/19/2013 4:27 a.m.

Hello Momme !!!Forgive that it has taken so long to answer you, but I am in another story that has time very busy ...
Let's see, the honeymoon phase is the period in which there are still pancreatic reserves, I mean that you will rather notice when it ends.When your child begins to need more insulin you will see that it is ending.The duration depends on each person, my daughter barely had and yet the son of a friend has been (2 years putting 1 unit of Lantus and clicking quickly only at noon) ...
Hemoglobin will be determined every 3 months, at least it is usual, either by a capillary analysis (just like the one you do to determine blood glucose) in the same consultation of the endo, and that you have the result in 5 minutes, or, through a laboratory analysis, with a venous blood extraction.The variation between one and the other can be 0.5%, little significant.
The hemoglobin value is variable depending on the control that the quarter in question has carried, so if the value obtained is less than 7% we can speak of a fairly acceptable control, much better the closer to 6 ... anyway inChildren, how much are, can be accepted as valid values ​​up to 8% hemoglobin, because it must be avoided as much as possible hypoglycemia ...
It is normal that in debut the hemoglobin is high, realize that we have been, namely how long, with very high values, so as soon as the treatment begins it is usual that this hemoglobin goes down considerably and continues to fall as it is happening as it is happeningtime and the insulin pattern is adjusted well.
A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/27/2013 8:01 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello
Velia is nice to read ... you explain better than a doctor !!
I'm disconnecting from everything ... Peke became bad for Holy Week and we ended up admitted to the hospit ... Pope with the sugar of Dario..Mal not worse ... so on April's visit he was at 8.1
Yoooo we left dated May 28 to put the animas viber ... so I wish that arrives
Mamme .... my xocolatin debuted with two years and 4 months ... but luckily or unfortunateDiabetics for 27 years.
Anyway, I encourage, although it is difficult ... today I even stop to think I start crying ... especially when a figure is uncontrolled and put in the clouds, it becomes aggressive and very edge and.... I was some chickens that ... and when you can't reassure and redirect it .... but fatal
So I wish to have the vibe at home .... What things in life ... You already know that I have the animas ... and had a few days with problems in the buttons, and I thought I will call, but I have waited for because I said, maybe with a little luck they send me the vibe ... and cross
Hey Mamme ... And is so many puncture your Peke?Mine was not left was a trauma every time ... I don't know if they would have told you for Aki or your endo ... but the insulin bomb is recommended for children under 5 years so you see you informing you of the subject and become heavy .... There is a one after it ... that if you have to control in the counting of the rations.
I see that great preteens ... reads reassures a Monton
I send you sweet hugs for all

Van's profile photo
Van
05/20/2013 5:55 p.m.

Hello everyone and especially in Velia.I have been able to access this forum for more than a year.I had many problems to enter and try to open a new account and you can't.Well, the matter is that I have not forgotten you.What I continue to say that this is where I have learned the most about diabetes to everyone who asks me and I still recommend the forum.I will read you for a while

Santes's profile photo
Santes
07/26/2013 1:16 p.m.

My David is very good (7 years) continues with his bomb, we have between 6.5 and 6.9 and starting to physically move away from me for what happened a lot of nerves.
I kiss everyone and promise reads for proximly.

Santes's profile photo
Santes
07/26/2013 1:19 p.m.

Re-good to Forum Santes!

I am glad to see that you have finally been able to enter, if you need anything, ask it for the forum or send me a private.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
07/26/2013 1:25 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hi Santes, Rebienvenida !!!!I have thought many times during this time of absence.I'm glad to know that everything is going well ... 7 years ???Joooo, if it seems yesterday ... how time passes !!!!
A hug for all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
07/27/2013 9:06 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello
I need to know urgently, especially Velia and the veterans, if you know about any diabetic child who had to click the growth hormone ....
I'm dusty, Auqnue I saw him come ... In the end we will have to prick the hormone to Dario ... and he does not want to hear about the subject ... Look at the Cotater with the emla is worth it ... but a prickDiary .... Joooo ... I need information
Does anyone know any baby?
Anyway, thank you !!
Velia Memories of Anuski, Taty, daily ......
Greetings

Van's profile photo
Van
09/09/2013 7:15 p.m.

What I know is that growth hormone is close to insulin.There was talk, time ago, that it could even be a diabetes treatment because theoretically induces insulin production.
It is one of the theories of why in the adolescent stage there is usually such a bad glycemic control.
Injecting growth hormone I think glycems tend to go up.

I am not sure but the treatment is something like 6 months, but the doctor confirms it to you.

LEO Messi Hormone was injected Growth: Link

If Messi could too, you will go ahead.
Cheer up

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/10/2013 5:27 a.m.

Thank you very much Owash
Messi knows the world ... but Messi was not diabetic !!
Anyway ... then it is supposed to do not leave ... and why do I find another diabetic in the same situation?
Let's see if the weekend writes to the doctor.
Thank you and a greeting

Van's profile photo
Van
09/20/2013 11:13 a.m.

Hi Van, Ufff, forgive but had not read the thread and I see that it is a few days ago.It is that with the new format I am made a mess, apart from having been very linked.I do not know any child with diabetes to be in treatment, although I do know the son of a mother of our group that is very very short (he has 12 and does not appear more than 8-9), he is very very thin (if you see himNaked has nothing but bone), and apart from diabetic he is celiac and hyperactive, but they have not spoken anything to prick the hormone ... I will ask his mother more carefully.However, the child is small yet? Why do they have to put the treatment?I guess your endocrine will have valued the pros and cons ... Tell us something more and you do I want to ask in the hospital day to see if there is someone with your same problem and what opinion deserves the initiation of the Tto.Greet everyone too.

For the rest, well, after a summer that our suitcase looked like the piquer trunk, the glycemia somewhat "wealthy" because you already know that the changes of rhythms are almost incompatible with diabetes, we have passed the review almost with a note, a 6.2, yes, not as stable controls as other times, but hey, we will not complain.

Kisses and good day to all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/22/2013 7:07 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

6.2 "almost with note" ???That is an outstanding high, right?And more with 15 years!

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
09/22/2013 9:19 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Hahahaha, Aaandres, it's true, outstanding full -fledged high ...;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/22/2013 10:06 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello
Velia, this last time it turns out that the child now has a normal growth rate .... they will go crazy ... so we don't start .... I hope my child continues to grow like this ..
And another big thing .... This Thursday they put the continuous meter !!!wow .... it is fabulous ... Auqnue the poor stands out a lot of the arm ... that we said not to put it in the belly would not give it to take it out ... but the uncle is more responsible !!
Now a doubt arises ... that I do not think you can answer because here they carry the dexcom .... they have given the dexcom, despite the same thing that the dexcom gives in the bomb ... butI say ... I mark the pump battery .... what is it already to shit that I change it every almost two months ... and how does the meter carry .... of course I change and start session??
I hope the battery holds on Monday and can call a day hospital ...
Without more saying that it seems great because of how little we have used it
Velia ..... Ppedazo de hemo your girl's ... ole ole and ole ... in his age is worth admiring
I'm going worse .... I'm at 7.2
But I'm fine for how little I control
Greetings to all

Van's profile photo
Van
11/15/2013 3:18 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.