{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Hello everyone !!!!Forgive that I do not write, the truth is that I read the forum a lot but I am very limited on the Internet, most of the time it is with the mobile ... even if it is late, happy new year and that it is a great year.
Regarding diabetes, quite regular, it is a real head ... We have had many problems with the cateters, the supply did not arrive and we had to put a complaint to the health center, they have died and the truth, many pastes and difficulties,They disregard and in the end I had to put a complaint telling them that they were responsible for any misfortune for their negligence, in Granada it seems that having a bomb is being a weirdo and you have to fight continuously, they are very late, a shame, a cityso beautiful and that in this aspect they are in the tail of the world, in short .... cry.
My child has been out of control, fighting a lot, every night, sleeping badly, etc ... but we are going out.
The work, better not to speak much, this to fuck, many pressures and agüanting a lot, then two hard fronts, the truth, that the fathers and mothers have to have to fight a lot, it is time to be brave.
Van, van, van, you have me in embers and intrigued, I hope you have the animas vibe as soon, we all have to continue adding and I think it is important.The comments of the American pages are very favorable and the truth to see if the continuous meters improve.
Velia, as always, our teacher in this hard fight, a big hug.
And to the parents you write in the forum, thanks because we all learn and fight to get our children forward.
Two small comments, with the cuts to my endo have reduced the day, they have not seen my child since August and hopefully he will begin to see it in February, I put another claim, it will not help anything, but you have to fight, the only endureAble to put insulin bombs in Granada and reduce the day, you have to fuck, good bothering professionals and patients too, much encourage everyone.
The other comment is that diabetic associations lack a lot, it is the only thing we have and we have to support them, but the truth, I think they should be more combative and fight more, cuts in strips, problems in everything ...You have to complain, it may also improve the quality of our children, carry bomb and have access to technology must be a right and not a weird bug, glying controls are necessary for our children, they should not limit us and sinceI am combative ... the continuous meter should be supported by Social Security ... in short, dream, that for that begins in 2013.

antonio bonillo's profile photo
antonio bonillo
01/17/2013 1:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good afternoon, two years ago they diagnosed my child, damn anniversary.Anyway, things go somewhat better, but it is still very hard, a daily and continuous struggle, I hope this will improve.
I do not have many news, but if encouraging the parents that you start with this, I encourage, in this forum you learn a lot and each case is different.
A big hug and mood.Velia, Owash, read the Route de la Plata, it is very interesting to listen to you, but this is my site, that of the Papis.I hope Velia that you do well with your volunteer, you will tell.
Now I worry about the strips and change every two days approx.The pump catheter, I am afraid of the cuts and have to pay everything, the health is touched, we touch wood.
A hug, my usual endo has given me an appointment asking for it please, he has behaved very well, they are making his life impossible with the cuts but has looked for his patients, a true professional, who is lucky and value him.

antonio bonillo
02/04/2013 2:39 p.m.

Good night, daddies !!!!
Antonio, yes, damn anniversary ... but well, you have to continue, and although the date is never forgotten, it is true that time makes the feelings more collected ... a hug ...
Why don't you try oblique catheters?, We have been (I think about 3) using them and the truth is that every time we try with the normal ones it is unvoyable.You can talk directly to Medtronic, tell him that you know us and that he uses them and we are doing well.It gives our names, they will have signed in the database (here in our experience, other children have been tested) ... Angela lasts fixed 4-5 days, and although I am shaped say in some carelessness he hasTaken up to 7: Oops :: Oops :: Oops: (that no one finds out, hehehe).For trying nothing is lost.SN longer but finer, and they enter obliquely instead of right angle.
By the way, you can go through the route whenever you want.The route is an open site, where anyone is well received with a good vibes.
Well daddies, a good night, and that glutemia accompany us;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/05/2013 4:25 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Antonio, how are you going ????I just be with a dad who after a while with problems because the quickset cannulas were bent, they have changed to the Silhouette (oblique) and is working much better.They talked to the Commercial of Medtronic and have been sent.The girl is delighted, she is also indicated for young children and very thin people.To try you do not lose anything.If you want to call me and talk.Cheer up!!!
They go, you haven't spent a long time ... I hope the little one is great and already adapted to the pump.Tell us something.

Good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/19/2013 7:33 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

In the end we talk to the endo and they will give us more cateters and we will endure, now they are lasting something else, not much but something else.
We have had the little cold and we had several climbs and a 47, we must see what bad shadow the colds have.
There is an issue that I have never commented, I don't know if it happens to others, but after two years it is tiredSeeing the little one is huge, but fatigue is very hard, continuous controls, etc .... You have to have a strong mood.
The truth is that fatigue is affecting us, just like not being able to do some things, in my opinion, you can live with diabetes but you have to modify many life habits and it is not always easy ... I do not know the most veterans, but after two years, it is hard.
They go, to see if they put that bomb and that meter and tell us.
The last Hemo 7.9, acceptable.
Velia, thank you very much for everything, the truth is that I usually read you and tell my wife.A hug.

antonio bonillo
02/19/2013 12:10 p.m.

Hello
Thank you for remembering me and forgiveness that I do not write ... well it is more or enter ... only when I know on Facebook about the girl who sold the dexcom pq they gave her vibe !!!And between directly there.
I feel your anniversary Antonio, you see on April 6 I will not celebrate my child's first anniversary .... Buahhh
The visit of the other day, it was not bad, the Hemo at 7.7 ... has worsened but I already knew ...
Of the Vibe, that from Animas they have told him that he has to leave now, but that they have no date, but that he believed that it would not take long when they cannot put the old :( ... that he had spoken with the commercial explaining our case,that we had put it in October and that if we would change it ... and they said that they would talk about how ... I told her, to tell her that we will surely spend the fungibles, so it is not to put it at all ..The doctor told me that she could make us need her for a week every two months ... well something is something .... I want to tell me something
They did the growing test, and I just hope that my child is a taboncito like me and his hormone works well, because otherwise there would be no other to click the hormone every day ... poor now that he is so happy because he does not click the bomb!!
Until April 16, nothing will be made to us, they will calculate the growth rate and see what the results of the tests say.
Above they sent us the resolution of Dario's disability .... na de na ... 20%, they say it is autonomous .... Of course I am at your time to control it .... in short... I have asked for a report to the nutritionist of the association, another more exhausThat is not how it is of course clear !!But as Antonio says you have to fight !!

The last Wednesday I had my first great scare with Dario ... Buahhh ... now Cry Saul ... this is impossible ...
What memories of all and a big hug

Van's profile photo
Van
02/19/2013 3:08 p.m.

Good afternoon I am a girl with a girl with diabetes my experience comes from almost 12 years ago I am already veteran in this my daughter debuted with 10 years and now she will turn 22, tell those who you just debut in this that I encourage that although although although although althoughAt first you fall the world on you and wonder why my daughter?This is normal over time you realize that you can live perfectly with this disease that can lead a totally normal life and that you only have to know how to live with it, that you have to live with diabetes and not for diabetes.

leo_1966's profile photo
leo_1966
02/22/2013 1:58 p.m.

Hello good!!!
Antonio, I'm glad that the catheters would be solved.One less problem ... and see how you manage to rest.Do you turn at night ????I do not know maybe it comes well to you, that one takes care of a week of diabetes and the other stays a bit alien (maybe it is nonsense, but when one is so exhausted, it cannot be forced so much).
They go, to see if you have a ratio and tell us the scare with Darío :(
Welcome, Leo_1966.You are very right in what you say, although you also have to take into account the age of debut.Your daughter already debuted with 10 years, and it seems that no, but it is easier for that age to be more aware of hypoglycemia, in addition to being more autonomous ...

Kisses to all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/25/2013 2:44 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone !!!Despite our little experience, I still scare myhypoglycemia since we did not have a hand meter.Now we consider another challenge that although it seems distant in time is not so much and that at the end of May he has an excursion of the school with one night and two days out.I swear that the day they presented it in class, it produced a huge anguish, but he has to go ... I would like you to tell me your experiences of excursions and other outings without parents.I was very much of her teacher but she is not the only one in her class and also takes another diabetic girl, although she has a bomb also has to have her control.What happens is that I do not know the parents of this girl because I think we would share anguish and fears.Anyway, I hope your invaluable help.

All the best

Enma's profile photo
Enma
02/26/2013 7:29 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Enma, on excursions it is safer to lower the basal in one or two units, to reduce the risk of hypos.I, with my daughter, who had many nocturnal hypos with the NPH, I never dared to leave her one night away from home until she was older and already woke up with the hypos.The excursions changed them for something else .. a toy or the cinema .. and always remained very calm at home, it did not suppose any trauma not to go.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/26/2013 3:36 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Thanks Regina for your quick response.I think that with my son, to change the excursion for something else he will not strain, since before delivering the consent in the school, he told me that they had made the "cast" of rooms to decide who to sleep with, so we are goingTo have to let go with all our anguish.The good thing is that in school they are very aware and we will have a meeting with the tutor to organize everything well.My son leads to Rajataba, almost from the first day, that of living with diabetes and not for diabetes;He has it superclaro and despite my fears will have to be, because it is his life ... I let me carry for the "philosophy" ... thank you very much Regina, a hug

Enma's profile photo
Enma
02/27/2013 7:59 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Hello,

I have diabetes from the age of 3 and at 12 I went 15 days to a basketball campus and I think it was a great decision by my parents.We were several friends from the school's basketball team and when I proposed it automatically I thought that was not with me.One day my parents asked me if I wanted to go, I cheer up a lot.

I see that your child is still on the honeymoon, I think I will not have much trouble going

tica's profile photo
tica
02/27/2013 2:03 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Thanks Tica !!!Gracais for responding so fast and congratulations on your baby since I have seen in other threads of the forum that you have given birth recently.You can not imagine as soon as I value all your answers since if in all the experience it is a degree, here much more.As you say my child is on honeymoon since it maintains very mormalites (between 80-140 pre and post) with very little insulin and a control of hydrates, I hope it lasts until the month of May and a little more if it canBeing since in May is the excursion and if someone has to wear a scare for a rise or a sudden descent that we are your father or me and not others, especially because we know (or so I think) how to act.I reiterate thanks and I will continue reading and participating to learn a little more every day.There is something that I would like to ask other parents in our situation and it can be given freely "without sugar" jelly but that contain polyalcohols and say freely but with control?And what about the gum, of course, without sugar?

Greetings and thanks

Enma's profile photo
Enma
02/28/2013 6:49 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Good morning my dear,

How are you going?

Here we are pulling, my girl is already one more year.The course will begin the institute: new teachers, new friends, different schedule, exams ..... she happy as always.His fantastic birthday my house looked like a school, the friends, 7 to sleep, laughs and more laughter.And of course, he wants to repeat it, his proposal is once a month.

I have a question to ask you: at night I have to look at the pump to see how it is and wake up, carry the pump attached to the pants by the clamp.I have suggested to place the pump in another place: tied to the pillow or the sheet, but nothing, he does not want, he is afraid of taking off.Have you tried other places of placement of the sleeping pump?

In addition, changing the catheter is still an ordeal, it hurts.In fact, the catheter placement system of the Medtronic pump lets you want, I do not understand how a precise machine has an insertion system that sometimes does not work: the catheter is not inserted. In changing the system of the system ofSensor insert is wonderful hardly and only once came out.

Kisses to the kids.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
03/23/2013 5:48 a.m.

Good morning!!!
Enma, I've been a bit away from the forum, I just read you.We give sugar without sugar and gum to Angela, but the truth is that it does not abuse them.He debuted so small that he had rarely taken them and does not miss them.Polialcohols are bad taken in large quantities, so because it takes something from time to time nothing will happen.Anyway, have sugar candy and take advantage of some low to give it (together with the juice or the HC, s rapid you drink).They enjoy it very much.

Martina, I'm glad that the little one is doing so well.We are older.The Pajama party also loves mine, last year one in its birthday and this year celebrates another: shock :.I believe as they normally do not sleep away from home, they like to share that with their friends.
As for the catheter, have you asked about the obliques?My daughter has been put for years, the insertion is more similar to that of the sensor and Angela does not usually hurt.We don't even put lungaline.In addition the percentage of failure is minimal.I spend a link to what they are and I would not hesitate to comment with the endocrine or with Medtronic.

INSERTING THE MINIMED SILHOUETTE INFUSION SET - Youtube

Kisses and good day

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/23/2013 7:06 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone !!!Thank you Velia for your answer, the truth is that we did not usually abuse the sweets with sugar but it was to know how you did when they fancy one, and the truth is that we are giving Iago Golos without sugar and likes them the same.Now what worries me a little is that the other day had a tiny hypo without symptoms ... He traced quick but worrying is that he has no symptoms.What do you advise me?

Thank you very much, greetings

Enma's profile photo
Enma
04/02/2013 8:08 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Hello Enma.How much was the hypo?Was entertaining with something?I usually notice them and that time not?The girl is normally with low values?
If you are well controlled, the normal thing is to notice the descents as well as the ups.If you are normally low, it is more difficult to notice the descents, so they advise spending a little high days, and if you are normally high, it is easier for you to feel bad when you have a hiccup.
Kisses to all the papis that you are very quiet.: D and above all to those championships we have for the forum.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/05/2013 6:08 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hi Velia !!!!I answer what you ask me.When measured, he was in 60 and so quiet, he only stayed a little scared when he saw the figure.Normally it is in very regular values, over 90-120, it was once in 180, but it was punctual.It is very controlled.The day of the hip if it was quite entertaining and when it was measured we were going to eat with what we did was go for the head hydrates, which is what the endocrine we did.
Thank you very much for your help, I try to read often, and as you say to see if this thread is encouraged a little more that is a little standing.I will tell you that my son yesterday told me that because there would be no little machine who measured Cunata Insulina, he needs, according to what he eats, and so he would not have to prick ...
You can't imagine how I stay, or surely yes ...
A hug

Enma's profile photo
Enma
04/05/2013 7:18 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Thank you very much Velia I will follow your advice.

But I wanted to know if you put the pump somewhere in the bed (pillow, sheet) so as not to have to uncover it and look at what the monitor marks (my girl wears a sensor) of the pump that has been stuck to the waist.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
04/05/2013 7:13 p.m.

Martina, you can let her loose in bed, so you will not bother her.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/06/2013 2:58 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.