{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

They go, we use the continuous meter for years, the only thing we do intermittently, when Angela is more uncontrolled, or for excursions, etc.But for a long time we did it permanently, the experience has been very positive, tranquility is not paid with money ... here in the forum we are lucky to have many kids who use it (the Mornita boy, the childFrom Mani05, Maruchi's boy, I think I also used the little one of Santesteban, surely I forget names: Oops: so you can find a lot of matteiral in the thread of bombs and new technologies there is a lotIf you don't know, ask what you need.
Antonio, how I understand you, those moments of downturn, tiredness, we all have them, then we replenish and Ale, again to throw palante, what a remedy !!!!.But well, as you say, seeing that our boys live happy is a good incentive.You will see how as Jesus grows tiredness, at least the psychological one, becomes a little minor ... that you enjoy the days in Benalmádena.Much encouragement !!!!

I also have Facebook, to see if I look for you.

I do not know if you read the Ruta de la Plata, if not, tell you that on Monday we had endo, it has a 6.3 ... wellHe also made a good physical examination and everything was in order.

Well, daddies, kisses and good day to all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/28/2012 5:25 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Congratulations Velia !!What's good good!That is a good alkle's injection !!
Antonio are from Bajon Ehhh .... I wake up many nights, others no, if I wake up but the truth is that if it is less than 70 it usually wakes up and then I ask: we look at the sugar and tell me, yes ...
The meter I have it very clear, yes or yes, another puncture ... if it is one, now I have the poor trenches to the poor ... I don't know where to look not to repeat me !!And for the pump it does not click !!So determined
On Tuesday we were in the endo.7.5 hemo.Better, but I expected it lower ... Let's see if on December 20 I have succeeded !!
And we talk about the pump and meter.The doctor told me that in principle Animas had to take the bomb with a meter in summer, and that she does not believe that she was a lot of delay ... that we had a few months and that she had no problem to put us from Medtronic ... so... The only thing is what they have said that Capillaries of Medtronic are more annoying ...
Let's see ...
and look at the forums of the bombs and others ... but milk I lose that it is a happy
Antonio, look at your son, and when I look at you with that face of pillo and smile at you, think he does not suffer as you.I never felt being diabetics as dejected as now being type 3 .... Seriously, the child who lives it, we do not live so traumatic, or at least I do not remember so .... that yes ... I know ... I know ... I know ... I know ... I know ... I know ...I break my heart to think that my littleThey get strength ... and if we do not enter here ... we throw some crying and start again, is it worth Antonio?A hug
Velia thanks for everything
Kisses

Van's profile photo
Van
11/28/2012 7:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

By the way it seems to me Antonio qu ete I have sent a soyor ... if you are not your warning me ... that I get it off !!ha ha ha
In my photo you can see an attractive with the hat of two children, Aaron and Dario.And I'm Vanessa.

Van's profile photo
Van
11/28/2012 7:10 p.m.

Hello everyone !!!!I am a child who has been recently diagnosed with type1 diabetes.A year ago, on November 17, in the Diabetes Day tent my little son, Iago, a measurement was made in which he gave a slightly altered value.They advised us to go to the pediatrician and we did so.The pediatrician made an analytics that gave an altered basal glucose, so they referred us to the endocrinology service.There they tested and everything gave him the most normal.The endocrine sent us to return after 6 months telling us that these values ​​could be that he was going to debut or that maybe this would happen when he was greater, or maybe ever.But in September when we went they made a glucose determination and gave him a value of 328 ... You already know what this was;A week of admission to hosjpital and get used to living with diabetes.Iago who had just turned 10 yearsHe has even gone to sleep of friends something that uneasy.We are learning of everything, to eat in a healthier way (no specks), to do more sport, to be more responsible ... and I read you in this forum I learn, I grabbed a little about the future, I approach more toThe reality of a diabetic, but above all I learn and learn ... Now I know that not everything is that it does not take sugar, but that it distributes its rations of carbohydrates (we have made cake and has taken it delighted).I have a long way to continue learning from everyone and I hope that over time we can make this disease no longer a acquaintance, but one more of the family, with which we have had to live.

A very big greeting to to@s

Enma's profile photo
Enma
11/29/2012 6:55 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Van, that Hemo is very good, in such young children it is much more than acceptable by 7.5% since the really dangerous are hypoglycemia, so you do not hurry that it is great.

ENMA, Welcome to the Forum !!!That attitude is the one that works.Not staying still, learning, investigating, at least that is what I did and I still do from Angela's debut.So on to have you here, to learn and to contribute your experience, which will surely be very useful.I take this opportunity to tell you that there is a survey that we would appreciate to fill in if possible since we want to conduct a study on the forum.

Antonio, more animadillo ?????

Kisses and good day to all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/30/2012 4:37 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Velia for your welcome !!!That comfortable you have felt !!!I can tell you that for now we are in the honeymoon, I know that this will not always last, but of course it facilitates things in terms of assuming Iago's disease.In Cole he has had a phenomenal reception and is very well cared for, unfortunately is not the only one in his class since there is a girl who is a bomb carrier.What's up to the teacher ... since it is the first year that is with them and if he had only one in principle, because he takes two ... Luck is that this year they have changed in the school of Head of Studies andI say luck not because the previous one was bad but because the current one has a lot of diabetic family so he knows what we are talking about.That gave us great peace of mind.I hope to keep reading and exchange impressions, thank you ..

All the best

Enma's profile photo
Enma
11/30/2012 7:35 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Good morning!!!!
What a honeymoon, no? I don't remember that period, it gives me that ours ended a short time after hospital discharge ... well, don't worry about the after because it is more of the same, if I hurry even me evenquieter because you just have to take into account the insulin that you inject ... what treatment does the child have?Where are you from?It is a luck of the school, do not believe, in many places the obstacles are great, and the anguish that produces parents to leave anyone's more or less young children in anyone is tremendous ...

Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/02/2012 6:07 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hi Velia !!I will try to answer all your questions.We are from Galicia, from Santiago to be more concrete;Iago has treatment with Insulatard and Novorapid, for now we are only using the insulating since as I told you we are in "honeymoon" and its glycemia rarely go from 180;In insulating we put 1 in the morning and 2 at night, so you see authentic "honeymoon".In school as I told you phenomenal, also here in Galicia or at least in the Santiago area children with some pathology that require urgency medication are registered in the health alert system, and in the event that something was badAnd they had to call 061 (God wants to never happen) they already know what kind of urgency come and in school they have to have the glucagon.The truth that in school could not respond better;Iago makes basketball even in this activity they are superpending from it and we check this Saturday that having the game at 1:00 p.m. and and they are being taught to lengthen the thing, their coach managed to leave before the end of the game, inThe last quarter, to eat at his time.As for his treatment, he takes an endocrine at the Clinical Hospital and is a great doctor in that he does not hesitate to give you his personal phone to call him at any time, that we had to do it on an almost recently received occasion.Hospital high when I put the amount of insulin in the morning at night;The truth is that I think Iago did not care about the mistake since the night went to milk with cookies.
Thank you very much for listening to me and helping me.

Enma's profile photo
Enma
12/03/2012 7:43 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Hello Enma
I am glad to read that the issue of school care is more or less well treated in Galicia ... experiences in the rest of Spain are not very good.

Welcome to the forum and a kiss to Iago

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/03/2012 12:24 p.m.

Good
Hi Mamis and Owash
Antonio thanks for admitting me .... Jesus is beautiful !!
Velia already knows that it is an acceptable hemo ... and although I was happy with not having hypos ... you can never sing victory ... a while ago I have hit me a scare of the copy ... to 30 !!Sometimes I look novice ...: Twisted:
Emma Welcome.Well, I also tell you what a honey one ... Dario it seems to me that as Angela ... left without her from the hospital because how she eats something and do not put some insulin spread over the 300.
How good that in Galicia you are like this ... here in Catalonia, at the provincial level I do not know how to be ... from my city with the daddies that remain in some coexistence that I organize the Association of Diabetics here, there was nothing relevant ..But I think it is more at school level and teacher, than not general-
I have also had muchiiiiiiiiión luck and I do nothing but thank you ... I am thinking of sending them a curious box for Christmas Pal Claustro.They have gone to the meetings made by the dietitian of the Association, who in principle was only the professors of the parvulio but they were all for their will, even the advice !!To the Charka d ela bomb that gave my estimated endocrine of pregnant diabetics ... Anyway ... that around less the professionals are all setting great, and that is undoubtedly a huge tranquility.
Owash ... I don't know how to do or propose or at what level ... but I think it would be great for the education department to put a nurse in schools where there is a diabetic, by law, so the teachers would be more traqnuilas, andThe parents too .... Although I suppose that will be to dream and more how things are now ...
Next Thursday we lead Dario to value him to see if they give us the disabilities (who will deny it to us ... but ...) to be able to ask education for an assistant for the lady ... the agencyThey denied it ... Let's see !!
Antoniooooo, how are you?come that vacation days will come great
I also need a few days on vacation ... Auqnue I have bad bad ... hehe
Kisses

Van's profile photo
Van
12/03/2012 6:03 p.m.

Hello everyone !!!Thanks for the Bienevenidas !!!!!The truth is that we are very lucky with school, because this year a very small child entered and the teachers put on the supervid batteries, but as you say it is a matter of will, because until now (which I knew) there were two diabetic children inPrimary and when the 3 -year -old boy entered this year, the teachers were very interested and involved.The head of primary studies when I knew my son lacked time to get a meter and I told them that the strips were very expensive but that they bought them and the answer was great, they said they bought them.But there are a few diabetic children, apart from Iago, because there is one in children, two in primary and two in high school (in 1st) maybe there may be some more than me do not know.
Yesterday a girl I know treated Iago's disease of "Genuence", the truth j ... a lot, and cursed my good education to tell him that if he were one of his children I do not know if he would seem a small way ....

All the best

Enma's profile photo
Enma
12/04/2012 5:41 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Hello Emma
I do not like to be rude or badly spoken but that aunt is Gili .... at least if they don't know that they have their mouths closed !!Anyway, better not to think that people's ignorance sometimes makes them shit a lot
Hey the lot of children who are diabetics in the same school has seemed a barbarity !!It seems to me that in all the city there are at most 10 !!
At least they know what the thing is going.
Today I went to the podolo ... you already know the diabetic foot ..... that I need templates but as soon as it makes me greater and loses the sensitivity of my feet can ulcerate!Aix .... This month glasses and next templates .... what ruinaaaa
Antonio, how are you going?
Angela, how about your girl?
Kisses

Van's profile photo
Van
12/04/2012 6:01 p.m.

Hello good!!!!Oh, of the minor, I do not take it or bad, but it has cost me !!!!.How many nonsense we will have to hear.
They go, did you have the disability?Let's see if there is luck.
The school is a luck, here the action protocol for emergency situations is being implemented,
At school, but we are not working or Patrás, to see if we can do something from the association, because what is the Federation, yes, yes, a lot to appear what they like, but then all water from borajas... And otherwise little to tell, Angela continues with good controls and very distressed with the exams ... is at that stage when she drown in a watervas ...
Antonio, stop to see us, man.
I haven't done Facebook yet, I'm about a vague, Aggg

Kisses and good day !!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/11/2012 5:19 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello!!!It is true that we get used to hearing nonsense, although there are some more understandable than others such as what refers to ignorance in terms of diet, even in the hospital I put the leg with the endocrine by telling him that if he could give him cocoa without sugarAnd he replied that carbohydrates had to look at.Today we have already overcome and surprised the family that Igo had taken cake (homemade), and they all told us and the sugar?, Did you do it with sweetener? When I told them no, they didn't give credit and credit andIt is because they had not assimilated that it is not about sugar in particular but about carbohydrates in general, and that when a good count of them is carried, nothing strange happens.
Now I have a question and that when we are going to eat outside the Iago nights it has higher levels than usual, that is, if it normally walks between 100-110 at 00:00, a day of departure to eating goes betweenThe 170-180, I know that it is not very high but I do not just understand it because I try to make your food as equlibrada as possible.If you can tell me your experiences I would appreciate it.

A great greeting

Enma's profile photo
Enma
12/11/2012 7:09 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Good
Asii that Angela Nervosilla ... that is good that it is demanding, surely the results will be great!
Well, if we already went to the disabilities and the doctor I don't know what to say, I don't think he puts a lot on her part, I am lucky that the social worker already knows us, for the minor minusvalia and I think she will do everything I do everythingI could ... but no idea ... but I am with the yes, because it was a very good week with viisitas of import doctors and they all went well, so this tb !!: D
Emma A Iagole can influence the nerves of eating outside ... with values ​​of 170 I would not give him more turns!I already signed them for my peke
Today two values ​​above 300 !!What anger!
By the way do you know why glycemias with ventolin?Because it is inhaled and it has given us the ventolin !!What a roll
I let you cry
kisses

Van's profile photo
Van
12/17/2012 5:49 p.m.

Good morning!!!!
Enma, restaurant meals usually carry more fat, in addition you have to take into account proteins, that together with that fat make the absorption more slow and from there those hours of the highest night ... without bomb I onlyIt happens to put the correction whenever.With pump it is solved with square bolus.
They go, you will tell us what it is left.
I do not think that he goes up with the ventolin (Angela takes it in spring and what really raises him is the inhaled corticosteroid), the simple fact of being sick may be what glycemia can alter him.When they are pochillos, you know, up insulin touch !!!!
And how do you face the most new Christmas ????Our first I remember them well, too close to the debut, with my nerves to the skin of leather and with that sadness of the moment ... in short, now everything is so different, fortunately.

Kisses to all and also you, Antonio, that I do not forget;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/18/2012 4:14 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone !!!Thank you for your answers, if the truth is that with the little I know about diabetes you think like me, that the faults have the fats ... that together with the fact that in the restaurants it seems that they do not know what the vegetable is except exceptSalads, we will adapt to everything, of course !!!We Christmas will try to take them as happy as possible since I think it is as it should be.I am very sensitive to everything, but I consider that it is quite normal, and the family puts a lot on its part.So I will tell you but I think we will not have too bad, also Iago is older to know that there are things that you cannot abuse, I think it gives me more sorry to me.The last time we went to endo, he instructed us for the meals on these dates and told him that he could take a piece of nougat and Iago told him that if he was "bass" he would take more, the endo stared at him and he released a "No "very sharp and told him that if he was under what he had to do was take bread or cookies and the poor man stayed a little chafado.So we will see your experiences and I will tell you ours.

A great greeting and thanks for your invaluable help

Enma's profile photo
Enma
12/18/2012 6:05 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Hello Enma !!!A little exaggerated endo, right? .. The truth is that everything they do not usually take, and especially if there is fat in between (I am referring to the nougat), it makes it more difficult to control the effect it produces, but let's go, from there to tell him to take a cookie or bread:-/ ... I have already told that Ángela takes everything, yes, we carry the counting of rations, proteins, fats ... you also have to take into accountThat any candy of these Christmas has a lot of fat so it is not recommended to raise blood cellBeing much more justice than usual, why don't you take advantage of the moment to give a taste, while you can set and maintain blood glucose?
And this year, as News Angela celebrates Christmas with us, well !!!But the paternal grandmother died last year for this date and her father does not feelSesera, to see what I put that you may like.

Kisses to all and good day !!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/21/2012 4:24 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hi Velia !!!I suppose the endo told him that if he passed out there is very little, because the truth that the poor man takes him wonderful.You had to see it yesterday by distributing the sweets of a class birthday without major problem and with a smile.It really will be a mother's passion, I do not deny it, but this Iago admires me with its behaviors.The truth, Velia, that after the initial scare and fears and taking into account the carbohydrate count, has even taken cake.We did it of these pre-prepared with what we already knew the amounts of hydrates by ration.Now at Christmas that I will have a little more time I will do one of Thermomix that also indicates the amounts of hydrates by ration.The truth is that we try to eat everything he ate before, because he is also a child who eats very well, and try to look for equivalences in everything to continue doing the same as before.We have a lot to go and I want it to be easy for him, they have enough ...
Well, I say goodbye for a few days and I wish you all with a very happy parties and happy new year.

Enma's profile photo
Enma
12/21/2012 5:49 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

Good afternoon dads !!!!
I go to wish you a good night and a good incoming year.May our kids continue

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/31/2012 12:21 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.