{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Hello !!
Today the school begins ... And I am now in the Cafeteria in front until it comes out because I can not go further ... I only have to cry ... and you do not want to know how the ... buff has stayed
I wanted to ask the daddies experts in firefighters ... when they put it on, I don't know where to place it ... I always carry it in my pocket but I see it risky because the other chrios do not go to pull the tube ...And I would like to hide it under clothes ... but I don't know ... I suppose that angalab will sell all kinds of gadget, but I want to know about your experiences.
Thank you

Van's profile photo
Van
09/12/2012 4:41 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Vanga van, courage !!!It is logical that you are like that, but soon you will feel more confident, in addition, it will help you when you see him happy.I guess these days will reassure you to be close. The good thing is that the diabetes routine is very important, and for that the school is ideal, everything is more stable, which will help to better adjust the doses.And when you have the pump well tight, much better.
Regarding the place where to place it, I think there are belts for the kids.I have even seen internal pockets (the function for the point mobiles that they sell in any Chinese, for example, sewn inside the pants, by the back, so that he does not troke it).Check out the page of your bomb's commercial house, which you will surely find many accessories.

Kisses and good day,

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/12/2012 5:11 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Courage, van, the first days of school are hard, for children and also for mothers.I do not serve as a positive example, because my son is going to start 2nd primary school, it is now and still sorry to leave him in school, I like having my children at home, although sometimes they go crazy: Mrgreen:.
On how to carry the bomb, you will see on the fly, I advise you to not buy many brand accessories, because then the best are the ones you make.I give you some examples of how my son has been taking her:
At first in a belt with the pump cover (we were not quite well) because as you say very exposed for such a small child (mine was 3 years old), so I fabried a belt with a wide rubber and velcrosTo wax it to which I sewn a mobile sock cover, so it was for some time, it was great because being below the clothes, the pump was protected.In summer, I sewed from an old cotton shirt some sachets like those of mobile and sewed them for the bermuda part, I have also seen them sewn to the underpants but I didn't seem as safe.Now he doesn't want to take it inside, he bothers her more to have to get the bomb every time (OT: for when a real remote control like Roche's, Lords of Medtronic !!!!) So always carries her out,Normally in a belt that we buy online called Spibelt, at home and to sleep it simply carries it with the pants belt.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
09/12/2012 5:41 a.m.

I explain how the bomb carried the principle (although it was already greater) but for me it is the safest and most comfortable way ...
When the bomb put it on me, the pants with side pockets (for girls and boys) were fashionable, in a couple of years I don't know why "I was no longer fashionable for the girls" (but the boys continue to have ...),What I was doing was to make a hole in my side pocket on the inside (the one that gives the leg) and passed the cannula (it has to be the size of an buttonhole for a large button) if you do not want me to touch the pump,sewing his pocket and solved ... (It is a suggestion, but for me it is the most comfortable, I still have it so when I make crossings or for skiing) it is difficult to hit him right there ...

tica's profile photo
tica
09/12/2012 6:05 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Thank you very much Velia, Mornita and Tica !!How fast you are!
Well, when we went to look for him, the secretary told us that he had been very good, that he had eaten all the breakfast, which he had played, so happy as we had the school for the school, some teacher told us something ... happy for the schoolfor getting so involved, and not for my little girl who has behaved like a champion !!
Tica what you say about the pocket seems very interesting to me, look you buy some pants that have the pockets that you edit ... I will promote it !!
And I still don't know what model they will put on, just that you will be encouraged, and it seems to me is a new model, so I don't know much more.
The mobile covers, it seems to me that I will acquire some and do tests in its clothes, is that it is so small in size ... now it begins to take size 2 !!
And the belt with velcro seems wonderful to me, now it is necessary for me to manage, because I am little to sew little ... Jajja ... but if necessary I sign up for sewing classes!
Thank you, you are great!
A hug
By the way, how are you and your little thing?!

Van's profile photo
Van
09/12/2012 10:30 a.m.

Hello everyone!I introduced myself the other day.My daughter is 5 years old and has a bomb one.When they put the bomb, everything was removed again (it debuted at 18 months and I had more or less assimilated), seeing it all day with that "break" ... but I can say that it is the best decision we could haveTaken, we have flexibility of schedules, a hem of 6'8, we can leave it with the grandparents, since it is not the same to click than to tighten a button ...
My daughter takes her in a case with a belt that I bought in Roche (I have tried several options and this is the one she prefers) and to sleep I put it in one of those socks that they carry to make psycho, which are more padded, hookedTo the pajama with an unmissable that they sell for babies, which have security closure and thus not opened.
I am delighted to participate in the forum, to speak the same language and not seem to speak in Chinese every time I speak bombs, sensitivity indices, catheters ....

Mali's profile photo
Mali
09/12/2012 10:37 a.m.

Well, they go, proof surpassed !!!As you see your boy is a champion ... I am not going to tell you that it is easy, all the first of course are the same, difficult, as Mornita says, but hey, seeing that they are defending, that they do not have such badIt is a relief.
Mali, welcome to the thread.Everything you have of the bomb is true, although I did not have the feeling of seeing it with the broken ... it will be because as from the beginning I had it so clear, I could not afford to put on it.
That said, delighted to have you here.Surely your experience will be very useful.A hug and kisses to the little one.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/12/2012 12:28 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

My girl uses a frog, with a pocket in the back, with zipper.Thus in this pocket he carries the pump and at the front carries Gluosport and the glucometer.It is a disguised system in the street, within the school the children do not ask him, they should not attract attention.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
09/12/2012 6:10 p.m.

I just have to remind you that we are trying to do a study on the forum and for this we logically need your collaboration.There is an open thread in the general section of the forum.You just have to fill out a survey.We appreciate your participation in advance.

Well, apart from this how are the kids?How are you with the bomb?You will already be experts: D
Antonio and you?

To all daddies, kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/14/2012 5:01 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I have already filled the survey, that less, to me the forum and the people who are linked to Him has helped me a lot, less than answering a questionnaire and simple.
Some question was not exact in the case of the parents and did not answer it but the survey is done and sent, as Velia Animaos, which was a second.

antonio bonillo's profile photo
antonio bonillo
11/15/2012 3:26 p.m.

The truth is that we are very linked, work and Jesus, totally saturated, to the top of our capacity, a hard and constant struggle.I do not think it has anything to do with diabetes but Jesus is very difficult to carry, although it is very small, it is disobedient, not everything and you have to be on top of him, I think it is because I am a unique son and his own, his own, his own, his own, his own.We pamper it a lot and it may be that this is the reason.
I read the forum a lot and hope that in the future this will improve, we will see how the C8 Medisensors is going and if they advance a little in this difficult illness.
The work is becoming very hard, I think this sounds like those who are fortune ... to work.If I have a good news, we have lowered the Hemo to 7.8, thanks to the bomb and the good advice received ... Thanks Velia, blessed square bolus.
Although hemo is still high I remember when we were above 9. What gives us many problems are the cateters ... maybe it is because there is no way for children not to play, but from two days it gives us failure and there isTo change it, in the belly it does not click very well (I think it is for lack of fat, I do not know) and the ass sometimes has my child, a shame.Many animos to the new veterans and daddies who sometimes write in the forum, who are encouraged, have taught me a lot, velia, Mornita, Owash, ... the bombs are difficult and at first and always learn from othersHelp, each case is different, but it helps.
Good evening and that to the daddies and moms that you read me, you do not pass many nights of vigil, we have all spent them, overlooked or low and often overlooked and low, that when it leaves their values ​​the roller mountain beginsAnd I don't know about us but for us there have been very hard nights.

antonio bonillo
11/15/2012 3:43 p.m.

Good morning!!!!
Congratulations Antonio !!!Magnificent Hemo: D, for such a small child you can say that it is within the "normal" because you have to try to avoid the greater extent the hypoglycemia ... I'm glad !!!You will see how you are still taking advantage of the bomb and every time it will be better, we already know that perfection is impossible, at least while they are children and adolescents, but hey, you can get good control.Greet your wife and kiss Jesus.
Angela is pretty good, we have endo at the end of the month to see what happens.Lately it is lower than desired, we have to sit and configure the Wizard to see if we avoid those descents that although they are around 65-70, they make you feel a little plof ...
And tell you that we have advanced a lot in terms of friends and institute.Until last year I called me at recess to see what I took and such, at the end of the course it began to work for herself making decisions, and now she knows when and how much temporal basal has to be put to make ed.Physics, what hydrates take ... Uffff, a tranquility.Yesterday came from the institute saying that he was wrong, that when it was measured before gymnastics he had 198 and put on the basal but he did not take anything so that he did not climb him much, and at the end he had 60 (the physical ed. Physics touches him 2 hours laterof breakfast, with what still has a quick residual, so normally still with 190 he takes some HC to avoid downturn) ... I told him that his reasoning was very good and that he would have to be wrong many times because this is not pure mathematics, but the important thing was that he did things correctly measuring before, then in order to correct any situation as soon as possible ..... ayssss how my girl grows.
Ahhh and with respect to the same thing ... before as soon as he felt low he called me and I had to tell him, but have you measured?... Now when he gets home, he tells me, he felt down and measured my... already, I know he is 14 years old, but Joooo is still my girl:-/
I hope I encourage you !!!Kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/16/2012 4:45 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Helloaaaaaaaa
Perodnad the disappearance but what a streak
Let's see Dario is enchanty of life with his bomb, for Ell the bomb does not click, with the applicator that carries it to put it or finds out and lack of emla or anything ... so when there is for educating it he tells me that he does notRemove the bomb,, not to prick it !!
The first week after leaving the hospi was Horribilis, what was going well for him there, it seemed that insulin was water, and the morning went by climbing and getting off the school ... also clear the lady with a fear of touching the machine ..In the end ... we teach him the minimum and the teacher has put a lot on his part has gone to a couple of talks that the association does and the truth is that the entire cloister is very involved ... so it's a lucky!!
My doctor who carries diabetic pregnant wings and with whom we have connected a lot, finding ourselves by chance on the street I wonder (she thought that when they referred me to BCN, the bomb had already poured her) and when she learned that by a few days sheHe had and that had started in the school, he set out to go to school and make them a talk, I take them the bomb that carries Dario to touch it and take confidence .... Wow how great !!
And the values ​​... a month ago I had the hemo at 8.1 but I think it was before the bomb and what was the beginning, I think now it would be much better, .... Let's see on 27 we are goingto the doctor
Put it on, I have fixed it by making a rubber belt and there sewn a bag of these pales, all of black (the first was white and with sweat ... It seemed that not clean Lucia) and there is the sea of ​​octantHe doesn't bother him or sleep.
On the 12th of this month he did the three years, and he was so cheerful to wear a cake (that I did without sugar) for school and share his birthday with friends ... that all the effort is worth it
I go there ... I hurt my shoulder ... taking it in a hypoglycemia ... and now I'm from doctors ... my hemo at 6.9 ... Not this Malm because few hypos have ... lessBad .. because so that I take care of ...
And nothing thank you for all the support of Dais Velia, Antoniomornita, Owas ... Thank you all
I will go on to make the Enquadea but another day that is now impossible to me
A hug to all

Van's profile photo
Van
11/18/2012 5:06 p.m.

In the end, fill the questionnaire and added the forum to my friends
Velia, Mornita, Antonio if you use him to ask me friendship, that there I usually be
to take care of yourself

Van's profile photo
Van
11/18/2012 6 p.m.

They go, what good news !!!Surely you will help you very happy to see the little happier, and I don't even tell you when you start taking the turns ... come on and with the experience you have there is already a good part of the path made.Congratulate Darío, what luck to wear his cake, hahahaha ... how funny !!
Well, I imagine that you are very linked, Ufff I don't want to think about it with the 3 and with Darío that is now worth 2 or 3, hahahaha, but do not stop having to pass and tell us how it goes ... and now that everything is going to getA little more flat to take care of yourself, although you have a pretty good hem and if there are no hypos, what can you ask for? ...
By the way, I thank you for that you have invested that valuable time in the survey ... to see if a few more are encouraged for the study to have a sufficient sample.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/19/2012 2:25 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Velia what less to do that survey with everything that is learned here
Today we went to a talk that has done Medtronic in our diabetic association
And they have taught us the bomb with a continuous meter ... and of course it seemed wonderful for Dario because Cñaro in a device takes everything ... and it turns out that our reference hospital puts them and only would have to pay the 400 euros and the60 of the sensor ... with what is more affordable ... you know if there is someone here that the
carry?
Next Tuesday we raise it to the endocrine and see what it says ... is that it would be great
I will also go through your thread and see what Eleo there
And if I'm led more ... and today Saul hasn't fallen asleep yet .... auaaaaaa
Good night dads

Van's profile photo
Van
11/19/2012 4:30 p.m.

They go, the pump with continuous meter in a single device?With a single prick?Tell us!: D

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/19/2012 5:50 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Velia is not exactly
They are two punctures but a single machine, that is, the same insulin pump collect the sensor data if you take it clear ... even if they are two `punctures, they are not two machines ... that it was what worried me.
And the glucometer of the same brand sends the data to the pump-meditor .... I thought of the milk
A woman who carries her came.He has been bomb for 10 years and I don't know if two with this one and says it's great ... well, of course, she was going to say that she came with the commercials, but what I explained was so next to me that the tears skipped.She said that it was money, but as here you decide and you are in favor of the tranquility that provided it was worth it.
I did not stay with the name of the pot but it was sure that here someone took her or knew her
kisses

Van's profile photo
Van
11/20/2012 4:55 p.m.

Thanks, van.I had already excited me a lot thinking about a single patch, but everything will come.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/20/2012 6:15 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

They go, I also use (although less) the Facebook, I do not know how to add you as a friend, but maybe you can ask me friendship, I also have among my Facebook friends to Diabetes Forum.
They go, I hope that the continuous meter did not disappoint you, I have not put it, think of another puncture .... no, for the moment no, there is also the issue of precision and I do not finish seeing it clearly, without forgetting theMoney, but above all other puncture and not trust the lack of precision, I have read Mornita who is a great defender and Velia who knows that she is happy but I do not finish encouraging me.
The diabetes of my child, pulling, it is difficult to control, we have improved but it is difficult and this time I recognize that a little discouraged, you have to be Fuetes and throw forward but I cannot avoid it and sometimes it gives me one thing, it surpasses me, butOne hides, takes strength and forward, the truth is that my son is a happy and happy child, really day by day is more difficult and hard for us who are aware of the disease, sometimes I cursed my bad luck.
Other days I encourage my child how good that it takes it, but it is hard, sleepless nights, controls and why not say it, fear, that fear that is at night at a great descent, well, after casi two twoYears, it is still difficult and hard, psychologically tired and you have to take cheers.Well, I will put a sincere note of color, on the bridge we are traveling to Benalmadena and we want to see Selwo Aventura, the truth is that traveling and helps a Monton, you have to be happy despite the travel companion that nobody invites.
Velia, the truth is that I read you many times and you encourage me, an example, there are many brave in this forum to learn.

antonio bonillo
11/27/2012 3:02 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.