{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

They go, I just read you and I am talking to my wife, I am pissed off and very indignant.: Twisted :: Twisted :: Twisted:
You have drops of 30 and 40 and your child is my age, those descents have told us that they are not good and yet you tell me that it does not put the pump, it seems unfortunate, the pump may not improve hemoglobinBut surely, surely it helps you in those bad descents for our children, it really seems disappointed to me.I will try to see the positive, they go, they put the bomb when I had two descents of 38 with my child, the endo saw the bomb.I talked to the endo and taught him the descents you have, if that is not a reason to put the bomb, with the little insulin that our children need and the impossible that is to avoid them, then ..... it is clear that he does not wantPut bomb independently, .. In this same thread law that a mother from Santiago de Compostela was going to put the bomb because her baby had had a very serious descent, with a loss of knowledge ... and I wonder whatdid not avoid that?Have put the bomb before and not have given rise to that .... by God.
Greetings and encourage everyone.

antonio bonillo's profile photo
antonio bonillo
05/16/2012 5:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Yes, Antonio the doctor already told us that for his neurons those descents was bad ... but it does not depend on putting the bomb, here where I live, despite being a provincial capital, no bombs are put to babies, there is no thePossible intention, and he says he is a firm candidate but wanted to comment at a congress with the endocrine of Barcelona, ​​see if they could derive it there, or put it here, somehow, but I still don't know anything.I give him this week of margin and if he does not get in touch with me, we will go to the hospital to ask, and see what he tells me ...
Thank you !!

Van's profile photo
Van
05/16/2012 6:15 p.m.

Hello everyone!Thanks to those who have visited the blog and you have seemed interesting.
With respect to "the letter in honor of mothers" only a comment, like all literature in this life, we must not take it to the letter and yes, it is clear and repeated by me until the satiety that who has their conditioned lifeforever are children from their debut, some with very young age, but it is true that if in the beginning their parents do not have the necessary value and courage to face this new situation with their feet on the ground and positively, theChildren can carry a double burden on their backpacks, the one imposed by their diabetes and the one instilled by their parents if they have not been able to transmit that diabetes should not be any impediment in their life to perform the same as any other child in theirday by day (with their responsibility and that of adults around him for stability) and enjoy every moment being very happy.
With respect to hypoglycemia this last week we have overcome one of our worst moments, since in a blood glucose of eleven at night (already sleeping) we find it 24mg/dl.We woke it up, we did not let her sleep in an hour and we did not know if it was difficult to answer for her glucose level or because she was simply sleepy.Luckily he easily traced.And as always that it has such severe hypoglycemia or on the numerous occasions in which it is very high I tell myself that I would like to have a meter of the deterioration that can be produced in its organs.
Every time a person tells me a situation of hiccups or hyperglycemia, "do not worry because it will get well" I am angry because I feel inside that it is not so much the problem of that just moment but the accumulation of the ups and downsquite continued.
Greetings, Marta.

c.condiabetes's profile photo
c.condiabetes
05/19/2012 3:37 p.m.

Good afternoon!!!!
How are those kids?
Antonio, unfortunately not all children have the same fate as us, in many places they don't wantThat they will fight with nails and teeth for it, more knowing how to know the treatment, but everything requires a time, hopefully in this case it is as much as possible.
And the hypos, I think that avoiding them 100% is impossible, even with a bomb, unless it is Acosta to maintain relatively high levels ... nothing is going to have any hypo, it is true that you have toAvoid them as much as possible, but having them will be, no matter how careBecause of the fear that he would have affected the brain, he told me that it was not so easy for that to begin, and that if he had had that hypo, he was a symptom of "good control", and explained to me, if his glycemias were touching theNormoglycemic limit It was easier to have hypoglycemia than if their glycemia go high ...
C.Condiabetes, the truth is that it passes fatal when you see those figures in the glucometer.After so many years, if I see any figure close to 30, my legs tremble.Anyway, I recommend that if it happens again, when you have already given the hydrates to trace, do another control to see if that figure corresponds to reality, because in figures too high or too low, the margin of error iselderly...

Kisses to all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/21/2012 2:05 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

helloaaaaaaaa
I have told you that today we talk to the endocrine and told me that I stay with those in Barcelona that when I saw us, they derived us for there, so now we just need to wait for them to call me from Vall Hebron.I made me more grace San Juan de Dios, but he has told us who carries the subject, and to expedite Vall Hebron better, and I am faster, I don't care.
And also, I was in the endo.He had asked for a continuous meter for Dario to put it on a week, he says if they put the bomb better, because we can see, the before and then but at least we will try it, and there I think I can start negotiating asAcquire one later.My husband told him, and he said they began to have sensor bombs but qu eaun were in tests ....
Go that today we had a good day, less bad.This weekend I have been surrounded by loved ones who have echoed that I stopped turning the subject and relaxed with the children, and this has already been the final calafon.
I hope they don't take me to call me.
Thank you all

Van's profile photo
Van
05/21/2012 7:41 p.m.

Good news, van.
Do not stop insisting until the bomb is put to Darío.

Luck.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/22/2012 6:32 p.m.

Ufff, van, what joy !!!
The continuous meter is put to many people before putting the bomb because it facilitates (in quotes) the task of programming the basal ... in our case they put it 2 times and the truth I do not know if by lawof Murphy or because, but the lack of control in those days was apotheosic ... I would tell him about all the children who know that they carry it, that you know that a time is needed to make good decisions regarding glycemia, which even evenYou know that sometimes the sensors do not work properly and that data must be discarded, I do not know, something that inspires confidence to see if it can leave you 3 or 4 weekly and you see like this if you are interested.

That said, I'm glad a Mntón that our little one is going to be a firefighter.

Greetings to all

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/23/2012 6:29 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thanks Velia
At the moment I do not see it again, I say nothing.If they call us to put it on, I will take advantage and try to lengthen the stay with the meter, to see, but I don't know when it will.I don't know when I will be the bomb and that if it overwhelms me because I have to mount the family infrastructure ... If this week I don't know anything I call the hospital directly and ask, I don't lose anything
And things in life this week I went to my header, that I have it from this last pregnancy and as it was already with the usual doctor, because we had almost not spoken.Total that I was due to hair problems and I start asking what how many years of Evulcion I took in diabetes, that if I have nightlife ... Total that my doctor 33 years ago that is diabetic and carries the meter !!So I told him that for me I had not mortgaged me but for the child we were considering it and he told me the same as Eleo around here ... that he does not know how it took a last year and a half to think about it !!
So I made my husband enter to explain ... what things he has life .... I see myself talking to the relevant commercial and asking him how much do they do for two little machines !!hahaha
And they came to value Dario for the agency and already told me that for the certificate I had it easier, but since this went to BCN and there they valued, because to see what they granted me
So wait
And your kids, how are you?
Antonio How is the change of residence?
Greetings

Van's profile photo
Van
05/27/2012 6:33 p.m.

They go, to see what the meter is in the end ... we now have 1 for the 2. and put it when the glycemia are out of control .... I also tell you that heat is bad ally, at least in ourCase..Ungo that will also depend on the skin or sweat, although that with the pump catheters has never happened to us.
And you will tell us what they grant you of disability.
Antonio must be looked at the Udanza.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/29/2012 6:04 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Helloaaaaa
I will inform you that the letter has arrived, finally !!
We have a visit with Dario at Vall Hebron on July 6.I guess there they will tell us when they put it on and everything.
Bad dates because there is no school, Ethsoy installed in the campsite ... but it doesn't matter.
We will also ask and inform us of the meter.
Thanks for being there.

Van's profile photo
Van
06/13/2012 5:39 p.m.

Bieeen!They go, there is little, do not worry about the dates, I think it is even better not to go to school, you can have more controlled.If you intend to put the continuous meter at some point, for now the only bomb that allows the integration-CGMS is that of Medtronic (Paradigm I see).You will tell us.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
06/14/2012 5:19 a.m.

Van, congratulations, congratulations and congratulations .....
The truth is that very stressed .... move and get used to my new destiny, not stop, everything must be worked a lot and bend my head .... which is easy to hit a kick and reduce excess staff .... anyway ... like everyone else, trying to agüantar and not leave very annoyed.
With my child do not stop ... tonight I play guard, I burst and the wishing that we go down to the pool .... in short .... I will see how to do when the catheter falls ....And I couldn't buy it ... tell me ... how do you do it?Last summer it was very hard with diabetes, let's see if this is better ... My child sweats and water ... safe catheter exit ....
Greetings and having if I get my new situation little by little and we have some time ... today, rest has become a luxury.
Greetings to all .... have plans for vacations?I have a work in July and August, then everything is planned ... that they have easy to have it to not have to think, a detail ... (it is a joke).

antonio bonillo
06/16/2012 5:25 a.m.

They go, well !!!! ... you already have it just around the corner ..: I do not think they will take it since you already know the handling of the pump ... I also think that it is better when there is noCole, so when you start you are already accustomed.
Antonio, how good to see you here ... The changes are what they have, they need their adaptation period.With respect to the catheters, what task if they are taken off, fortunately it does not happen to us.I leave you the Novalab link, where you can share the wipes that I have read for what they work:

Anyway, when do you bathe cream?It is not advisable, in addition if you have smear you must clean the area where the dressing is going to go.

We after a stomach process are still going down insulin, what a roll !!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/16/2012 5:55 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello good
hahaha
I explain badly
The school was not for him, to him when I debut it from the nursery ... it was not plan to do experiments :(
It was because this way I had it placed until 5 in the afternoon :)), but first at the first visit and see when they put it on us.
The summer well because so when September is supposed to be accustomed and we can give more parameters to the lads.But fatal to get used to it .... in the campsite .... all day with little clothes ... Aix ... to see how it comes out
Antonio I carry a bomb, and I never took off a catheter, that if I put it in the ass or in the belly and nothing of creations, as they have already told you ...
So the first summer with the fatal diabetic child .... Buahh ... what a fear ... I am best rethinking to go to the campsite with the 3 alone, and I stay at home ...: Shock:
At the moment my state of encouragement as its glycemias ... total fluctuating .... today of Bajon Total..encima mosqueo with dad ... so between that and two hypoglycemia mine and one of Dario .... I only wantof crying ...
I'll enter with better karma
Kisses to the kids and thanks for the support

Van's profile photo
Van
06/18/2012 5:52 p.m.

I encourage them !!!

Antonio, I forgot to tell you about the Nobecuta, now that they are commenting on the thread of bombs came to my head.It is a spray to better fix the catheter ... We had told us in the hospital that was not a good solution because it was formed as a hard crust, but it seems that it is not so, that gives good result.Stop on the thread and look at it.

Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/20/2012 5:43 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

They go, a lot of encouragement and improve your mood .... The truth is that diabetes is sometimes very hard, do not think that it does not create tensions also between my wife and me ... it is difficult and one tends to blame the partner ofEverything, sleepless nights wearing up a lot and adapting to the new life, because you have to change the lifestyle, too.
In particular, I tell you as a man, the women are more suffered and more close, it is clear, we tend to escape more and take off from the environment, it is sad, but it is the truth .. Many times you are the women who carry the weightGordo de la Diabetes and we escape more.
Velia, thank you very much, tomorrow they bring me the Skin Wipe tape and I will also try with the Nobecutam, I will tell you how I do better, I have read Patrice and the thread of bombs, we will see that it works better .... To prove that noLet it be .... that I do not lower the child to the pool for fear, I know that the catheter is going to be disconnected.
I encourage everyone.

antonio bonillo
06/21/2012 12:15 p.m.

Hello the first greetings.
Tell you that in the first paragraph you wrote I am totally agree with blaming the other, adapting etc.
But in second I completely disagree, it should not be generalized with the role of man and woman in the child's diabetes, perhaps you do escape and try not to carry the weight of the child's disease, but in general I thinkthat there is equity in the responsibility of men and women regarding children.
Anyway, try to get more involved because in the future your child will thank you for time.
Exacting is not a good ally.
I hope you don't bother what I have put you if not the opposite of helping you to be more responsible.The roles were in the sixties of the last century, all men and women must be the same.

juanqui2791's profile photo
juanqui2791
06/25/2012 9:19 a.m.

Hello everyone, I do not know if you know the last news of Emla, I hit you an article and I already ask if those who use it have had a problem

helora's profile photo
helora
07/09/2012 8:08 a.m.

Hello good!!
Juanqui, the experience tells me that in families with diabetic children it is almost always 1 of the two parents who takes care of the son's diabetes, and statistics say that the one who takes charge is almost always the mother ... bothIn this forum as personally I have met a few mothers who have requested the leave to take care of their son with diabetes, so far I do not know the case that any father has done it ... but come on, that does not give any right to sayThat the father disregards or does not worry or involve ... In the case of Antonio, specifically, although the mother takes the weight because it is the one that is directly in the care of the child, just by reading him in this forum, you should haverealizing that this man cares and much about the well -being of his son and therefore of his family.
They go, how is the little one?What happened to the bomb?
Antonio and you?How are we carrying the heats?Although to tell the truth, except for the last week of June, time is being wearing, which I appreciate infinitely
Helora, thanks for the information.

Kisses and good day to all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
07/11/2012 6:38 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Helloaaaaaa
Velia totally according to the answer to Juanqui ... My husband does not disregard, and what to say of Antonio please !!What happens that we are the mothers who are more hours and therefore over.
Well, the visit well. They ask for the boma what they could not put it on us because they want to put it from the Isma brand that I carry, Animas, in the hospital they did not have any because they have to bring them the new model.Dr. TB told me that she was not in favor of putting it now with swimming pools and beach, so we agreed that in September, which will have the OK of the Generalitat and the new models are put on.And he gave us the entrance option or not, and we decided that no ... we will look for some ApartaHotel and we will have to do there for about 3 days of vacations ... but with the shorts better.
I have to ask about this cream for when I go ... see if they put it in hair, my peke !!
Thanks for everything!!
M It is very difficult to write but I will do it

Van's profile photo
Van
07/12/2012 12:06 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.