{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Hello good
Thank you thank you and thank you !!
I see Antonio what yours and mine, they must weigh on the same way so your corrections are taken into account.
Today I got up to 167, that if in the 330 dinner post, at 00:00 235, at 3 in the morning 231 and at 8 it was 167, so I do not understand much how the two of Levemir what elementWe put at dinner.We put two from Novorapid and three of Levemir and at two hours of breakfast at 399. I wanted to die.Nothing we didn't eat and wait to see how it came to the food, we were walking around the park and when I looked at him, he crossed out 87 !!I already tell you, they are of no use to me 26 years of diabetes because I thought we would arrive about the 300 ... I am more lost !!
Now it's another control, as I have riddled, before and after everything I eingiere and at night two others, until this is not stabilized ...
And Velia because I have seen in the post of the bombs, I have no idea ... haha ​​... I say seriously I must have a very easy diabetes because neither square bowling, and the temporal basals little times, when beforeIf I stayed from the third I went to the gym ... so I have a lot to learn !!
Let's see what the endo, controls and bomb on Tuesday !!
I don't know if I could introduce me at the hospital in Barcelona and ask them to take me there :?
Thank you
Greetings and kisses to the kids

Van's profile photo
Van
04/22/2012 5:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They go, like this soon, and without more data than you contribute, it seems that it lacks basal at night.The Levemir (at night) may increase 1 unit, that section will be fixed a little, because it is quite stable although a little high for my taste ...
And for the day, I think he has insulin resistance in the morning, like almost everyone ... he makes a great breakfast there, because the Bolus is not able to stop the climb, but it doesThe effect that it owes.I do not know if I explain, it makes the effect but delayed .... First of that, there is only one solution with the treatment you have, and it is to put the quick time before, to prevent it from climbing so much, and I with a childLittle I would not risk ... On the other hand, if you could put half units, maybe climb to 2.5 units at breakfast and lower the levemr ... but for that everything points and see if the profiles are repeated before touching anything.Anyway, consult the endocrine, to see what you think ... I do not know if they gave you a white letter to move dose ... I speak so happily, because our endo told us that they appear from the Hopitalaria discharge the changes we had to bedo us based on the controls ... wait 2-4 days, to see how they work and if not to change again ...
A luck that you are so stable, but with the children it is very different, and you have to get the most out of the options offered by the bomb ... but come on, I do not think you are going to have problmas to learn those 4 things, andIf not here we are.Cheer up!!!
Antonio, and Jesus is going?Well, to leave is that it is another story.But as you say, the child was happy and had a great time, because nothing to enjoy ...
Cheer up

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/23/2012 7:07 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

They go, in the morning what we do is put 0 of basal or almost 0 (that is, almost no slow insulin) and all or almost everything of fast insulin, with the rapid insulin that we put as a breakfast bolus, it isEffecting all morning.If we put basal (slow insulin with syringe) we have safe down at 13:00.
Jesus is a cold, then he is out of control until his cold passes, we have it high.I can't ask you anything from the square bolus until the cold passed.The square bolus is avoiding the descents when we had, but we don't have it refined.Yesterday night I put a lotuncontrolled .... wishing for my luck tonight ... that two on guard gets hard and then the stab I work ... that everything is very fucking and the hand in the jobs goes to the neck !!!!
All the best.

antonio bonillo's profile photo
antonio bonillo
04/23/2012 2:22 p.m.

One of the things we are now linked is with the moment of the bolus supply, in addition to the amount we see that it is very important when putting the bolus ... how do you do it?If it is 200 when you put the bolus ... and if it is at 80?Depending on the moment we put it on, we see a lot of difference in the results, putting the same insulin, does it happen to you too or is it our imagination?I speak in plural because they are reflections between my wife and me.

antonio bonillo
04/23/2012 4:05 p.m.

Antonio, what a slaughter the resident ... well, in such little children intercurrent diseases are very normal, and we already know, lack of mind to song ... Aysss what patience you have to have.

To which you ask how to put insulin .... If the control is high, it is better to put, at least part of the normal bolus (taking into account that we are talking about very small children it is not advisable to put everything at once), 10Or 15 minutes before the meal and if it is fair (80-90 it is a good figure for before eating), it is advisable to put it just before eating, or if you see it with any symptoms when you have started.
Fast insulin begins to take effect at 15 or 20 minutes after putting it, and its maximum effect is between the hour and a half and a half ..
I know that fear is very free, and that we are talking about very small children, but I would not control an hour after having put insulin ... it is a bad reference, in any case, at the hour and a half it isSomething more reliable.There although you know that it is active insulin, it is normal for HC, S have already made part of its effect and insulin the maximum effect, even if a part of residual insulin is.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/23/2012 5:53 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello good
Antonio, of course it has to do ... it would be ideal if it is 200of dinner and I put the insulins and the uncle sitting at the table asking me for bread ... And you see how I do dinner and the one that I don't ... things of cry
Velia today put the Levemir as soon as he woke up and the breakfast post was at 210, that is, we have dropped!And the food is clear that he needs 1.5, because I put two and at two o'clock I was 122, then I passed me in the snack and since then we are already detached.
Tomorrow visit the endocrine, to see what that account.
By the way, has someone requested the law of agency?
I have told me about the disabilities to wait for me for a few months that it is still very soon.
A kiss for Jesus pa that passed the cold
Greetings

Van's profile photo
Van
04/23/2012 6:01 p.m.

How about endo?
Disability seems to me that it is not going to be.And a friend requested the Dependency Law and granted it.Being the child so little I think it would enter the profile, another thing is the cuts right now, and it gives me that for help of this type there will be not a kid ... But hey, to request that notremain.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/25/2012 5:27 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello
Velia, Endo Flipo with the hyper, who has to last the minimum, yes of course and if I put one and lower 400 points !!He already told me ...
He added one of Levemir at night, but this morning hiccups of 37 so .... I will upload the rapid of the dinner and leave the two of Levemir ... because after dinner it always is around 250.
At least we have started to have the occasional acceptable value and that gives me energy and good vibes.
If in May he doesn't tell us anything about the boma we are paying for BCN and Punto Ball !!
Disabilities if they give it, according to circumstances, I will lengthen another day that what is asked now!
I will tell how the agency
greetings

Van's profile photo
Van
04/25/2012 7:34 a.m.

They go, I would trust your experience and your intuition ... Anyway, the changes you make, you know, leave a couple of days or three in between to see the effect.I'm glad I have some good control, that encourages.Go if it encourages.
There was a thread in which there was talk of disability, the truth is that I do not believe that by having diabetes one is disabled, another thing is that depending on the circumstances you have to depend on an adult or a caregiver ... andYou see, rare that is one.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/26/2012 5:58 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

My child was given 33% but not dependence.

antonio bonillo
04/27/2012 4:31 p.m.

Here we talked a little about the disability: General/Minusvalia-Access-Professional-Body-of-State-T6072.html

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/28/2012 3:24 a.m.

Thanks Owash
I will throw a eyelet
I have never asked for it either ... that they would tell me what an angry could do something .... I did not support it, so I have thrown forward with everything, to demonstrate the world and myself, that I could do the same...but if it is for a temporary time and to have more help .... I ask for whatever it takes.
The nurse has already told me that with the theme reactive strips to see how it was going.I have given me 3 boats from 50 to June 6 !!I start !!That it turns out that the reactive strips was a subject in which they had said that what to cut ... so I am waiting to go and know where I have to liar ....
So the dependency not Antonio?Well, if you need an adult constantly !!There are things that I don't understand ...
Greetings

Van's profile photo
Van
04/28/2012 6:17 p.m.

Hello everyone, my name is Maria and I am mommy of a sweet princess of 4 years old called Iria, we debuted in October 2011 and in March 2012 our first hypoglycemic coma, tomorrow we go to Santiago de Compostela to put the Insulina de Medtronic bombI don't know what model, we are very nervous ... Hopefully we do well.

mcanrio's profile photo
mcanrio
05/01/2012 8:39 a.m.

Welcome to the forum

I am sure you will notice a change to better ... to be able to refine the doses much more, stop the basal with a hypo ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/01/2012 12:36 p.m.

Welcome to the Maria forum ... Congratulations on the bomb.Surely you do not regret it ... It is normal to be nervous, the changes always produce some insecurity, uneasiness, but you will see in a short time the control will be much better.Here we are already the Firefighters, so any questions you have will be happy to be able to help you.
Kisses to the little one!

They go, they give us as little 250 strips a month, I mean, that those are the scheduled and the ones we ask, but if we need more we ask for more .... that's why 150 strips for month and peak and for such a pequIt seems very little so ... your endocrine has not given you a report with the strips that the child needs?

With respect to the disability I take a look at the Owash link, although I do not believe that diabetics and more being well controlled are disabled of anything ... Another thing is dependence, it seems to me a much more adequate term, especially in the case ofchildren or people who are not autonomous.

How are the little one?Is the cold?

Greetings to all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/02/2012 5:43 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Maria, as Velia says, congratulations on the bomb, my child has 2 years and a half and since we have the bomb we are much better, that does not mean that we have many bad times, calculate the basal crazy, every day learning and askingThose who know more than one.The descents have improved a lot and now we are trying to improve hem.
Velia, we are super lined, it seems that they will transfer me closer to my city, I have fought a lot for it, but it is crazy, we are moving, raising a house and fixing another.We are following your square bowling advice and we are refining a lot, with the square bolus system we are avoiding the control that we did at the time and we are taking away several punctures on the fingers, which is appreciated and lowering hemoglobin.
The cold has made his own (crazy values) but it seems that he is already happening and although we have been high we have not had any descent at the end of the cold.
They go, encourage champion that you will soon have the pump with a little patience.
We went to an association of diabetics (I will not say which one) and the truth, go disappointment, we told him that we had a bomb and his opinion was that the treatment was wrong, I was left in paintings especially because they had not tried any.You have to respect all the opinions but judge a treatment without having tried it ...That there are forums like this and people like Owash, Velia, Becky, Mornita, Roomevilla (you are a champion) who help open their eyes and get better control of the disease and quality of life respecting everyone.
All the best.

antonio bonillo
05/02/2012 3:16 p.m.

Happy Antonio what you explain
I will tell you that here, I have to get my hat with the association.26 years ago my father helped to found her, but makes it 20 that I was totally disconnected.
Now when the little one approaches me and the truth is to take off my hat
They go to school, and teach the professors of the parvulnio.They will train a person in charge so that he can go to the tour.And they also do courses for dining rooms ... I feel that you have not found a good association, but as you good, thankfully these sites with such competent people exist.
Tomorrow I go to the endo .... Let's see what he tells me, because this is crazy, or you fall short or you pass.On top of that now it does not leave me to click, so imagine that number 5 times a day, crying and telling me. I don't click me !!
I carry it fatal.
I hope to get the boma soon.
One thing, your children, so chiuqitines do you have symptoms to hypos?Mine, no ... and that kills me.
I see that there are continuous meters here ..... I have what to make and think about it because it is to consider it so small.
Good night to all.

Van's profile photo
Van
05/03/2012 7:11 p.m.

Antonio, Uffff, a move ... I am an expert, and of course it often trajín ... but if it is for the better, everything is done with more pleasure.
I am glad that you are refining with the Bolus, and if you save yourself some control, jolin, then great.Let's see if it stabilizes.
The association, Ufff ... I suppose that there will happen to it here, few partners, and the majority type 2, older people whose treatments are totally different ... what the Van association is a luxury.I imagine that he will have good means to carry out all these activities.
So the little one does not want to prick, go?I remember that time, fortunately it lasted shortLet's see if they get something.As soon as he realizes that it is yes or yes, he will stop doing so.But it goes wrong, yes.Let's see if the endo gives you good news and they already give you the bomb.
About the meters are open threads, we are using it.The truth is a tranquility.Ask what you want ... As I have already commented here there are a few kids who have it.Let's see if Mania can enter, which is very linked (Mani, a kiss), or Mornita, who have extensive experience in the subject and with young children.

Mari, how about the pump experience?Let's see if you can pass and tell us.

Greetings and encouragement to all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/04/2012 6:13 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

The association in which I was not of type 2, the one who attended us was a mother of a type 1 but already has grandchildren, that is, more than 30 years ago and she has always refused to put a bomb her son(Although it already has grandchildren), that is, it was a very antiguo approach, I imagine that 30 years ago, the idea of ​​the bomb was nonsense, I think that today's parents are very linked and with them I could not speak.What I did was the end to call the commercial of Medtronic and ask him about a pediatric endocrine who is accustomed to insulin bombs and was the one that I advise us.
They go, my child does not notice almost the hypos, it is very blanquito and there is no way, its symptoms become very nervous to play and say that he is hungry ... how to ask to eat hiccups safe ... when he was smaller whenI had hiccups me in my arms, I came to his dad or his mother, sometimes he lacked forces and towards an effort to get to his pope and drop, it was his way of asking for help, the truth, the heart breaks you.

antonio bonillo
05/05/2012 2:55 p.m.

My wife asks if it happens to you that your insulin needs change a lot, it seems that the basal falls short ... Anyway ... How often did you notice what I needed as more insulin?Sometimes it seems that you need more insulin and other periods less, that drives us crazy ... when you change the basal? How long do you notice that you need more insulin?I imagine that it grows and now needs more insulin.
Another feeding question for you, Velia. How do you have fats?I have read that you consider them in some way, we only count the HC but maybe we are losing information when they eat fat and if we have to tell them.
Tomorrow we still move ... before I moved me alone and it was very easy !!!!But now moving a family is fabric, everything we carry is incredible, but you have to go to where the work is, everything is very annoying.
All the best.

antonio bonillo
05/05/2012 3:03 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.