{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Excellent!Again movement in this thread, I recognize that I am the first to find time to participate, my little son always has to sleep in his arms, so I take advantage of reads.
I want to encourage you to the "new" and the not so new, van, Antonio, Mcanrio, I always say it, this is the only club where we do not rejoice in having new members, but we will help you in what you need.
I am glad that you have decided that the bomb is the best treatment for your children, because it is, also in such little children, unthinkable to go with feathers.The feeling that you have had Antonio I have had many times, for me the bomb was a wonder and the meter continuously the sky.When I explained the "technological wonder" I found comments with those who have made you, at first I was very offended, it was something like "Oh! What has told me about our bomb of our meter, my Tesoooro! Little less what notMy mother hahaha!All those parents who explain how bad they are having with their children will try your solution.expectations or the idea that the pump is the perfect solution that will make your child no longer diabetic and unfortunately it is not so.
Van there is a post that began Velia, "problems with the continuous meter", where I think you can find a lot of information about the meter, if you have any questions, my son takes it since I was four years and we are delighted.
The degree of disability (it is not called disability) for children with diabetes, it is also a mystery to me, my son was also granted a 38% disability but not dependence, it is that! I also stay dead.Clarify that diabetes disability is temporary, I think they give it to you for a couple of years, then you have to go review it.
Well, let's see if I catch up, and I can follow this thread of parents regularly.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
05/06/2012 6:03 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello,

Here I am, I do not write but I read you and ...

I did not know that people with diabetes could be considered diminished in what cases?And what advantages are there to be considered diminished?

A sweet kiss,

Martina's profile photo
Martina
05/06/2012 1:33 p.m.

Yes, Antonio, for a few years I was modifying guidelines for almost 15 days ... I spent a few days tall, I always thought that I was going to incubate something, or that there was a bubble, or the catheter and when 4 or 5 days passed, I was already aware that what I needed was more quantity ... other times I had to lower something .... yes, very unstable, but I think it is normal, they are children who grow and fat by Semans, thanTheir hormones play a good role in their day to day, and therefore their requirements are very changing.Patience ;)

With respect to fats, I always add by proteins and fats as if it were 1/2 or 1 more ration (if it is baked chicken, roasts, or iron veal, even more), and I add what I would have to put others for those for thoserations to the square part ..., that is, if that extra corresponds to 1 unit, I add that unit to the square, even increasing the time of the square ... yes, you have to try, for this time there are no formulas...

Mornita, to see if it's true and you spend a little around here ...

Martina, I leave you a link that put Owash in this same thread ... How about the girl?

Here we talked a little about the disability:

They go, how is everything going?

Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/07/2012 2:19 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Martina, I hit this link of the criteria of bareness for the degree of disability.

Diabetes mellitus

Class 1: 0 %

The patient is diagnosed with diabetes mellitus,
and
It remains asymptomatic,
and
Precise pharmacological and/or dietary treatment.

Class 2: 1 to 24 %

The patient is diagnosed with diabetes mellitus,
and
It remains asymptomatic,
and
The correct, dietary and pharmacological treatment is not able to repeatedly maintain adequate metabolic control,
either
There are evidence of diabetic microangiopathy defined by persistent retinopathy or albuminuria greater than 30 mg/dl.

Special situations

To every patient who, for reasons other than an inadequate therapeutic control, requires periodic hospitalizations for acute decompensations of his diabetes, with a periodicity of up to three per year and with a duration of more than 48 hours each, a percentage of a percentage ofLimitations in the activity of 25 to 49 % (Class 3).

In the event that the number of hospitalizations of equal characteristics is greater than 3/year, a percentage of limitations in the activity of 50 to 70 % (class 4) will be attributed.

These situations will be reviewable every 2 years.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
05/07/2012 7:17 p.m.

Helloaaaaaaa
THANKS FOR THE INFORMATION
It turns out that I have been chafaring the thread that ecoming, it has seemed very interesting, what I need to need a lot of time because with the little ones ... in short ... that I am making the summary to my husband and he already is alreadydoing new to be able to finance the meter .... is that if I don't see myself capable of leaving it in September at school ... well to see ... now my endocrine is from Congress and I hope that Ecuando arrives, I call me, although I find it hard to tell me that I am going to varcelone so they put the bomb ,,,, auqneu I believe that it will take longer, to my misfortune and that of my little one.
Thanks for everything that ecompartis
I'm going to keep reading the other thread
Greetingsssssss

Van's profile photo
Van
05/08/2012 6:53 p.m.

Thanks for the information,

Here things are throwing, what works today not, now suddenly he has given him to have hypos and we are going down the dose.Until now we raised it.Will it be summer?The hormones?.

A sweet kiss.

Martina's profile photo
Martina
05/09/2012 6:39 p.m.

Hello to all the potatoes of children with diabetes !!

I am a girl of a girl with four -year -old diabetes who debuted now a year ago.Martina is a little star that fell from heaven and that all day is smiling, thanks to her we are able to cope with her continuous glycemic mismatches.

A month ago I created the blog Link

c.condiabetes's profile photo
c.condiabetes
05/10/2012 5:32 p.m.

C.Condiabetes, at first glance, I like the blog, but please that no one else copys and paste that of "as God chooses a mother of a child with diabetes" because Matoooo, I hate him with all myforces

mornita's profile photo
mornita
05/11/2012 4:48 a.m.

Good morning!!!
Martina, is a complex age.Of course, hormones play an important role, and your daughter is of age that their hormones are revolutionized ... many patience and modify guidelines.There is no other;)

Marta, welcome to the forum !!!, I have looked at the blog on top, I will dedicate more time, congratulations on the initiative.Everything that is information and experience, must be welcome ...: D

Mornita, I also hate it..aggg;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/11/2012 5:51 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Ufff, I'm sorry Marta, but I have a bad milk with the letter, that if I do not say something, I repeat again, I'm sorry but it seems to me that there are two great failures in the approach: the first that "God" does not chooseWho or not diabetes and the second great failure (greater than the previous one), that if he chose someone, the one who suffers from diabetes is the child, not the mother.I understand the position of the parents (mother and father, that in the letter you forget the second part), I understand how hard they are the first years, how unfortunate a child can see as small to have a disease as diabetes.I have seen my mother cry many times, repeat again and again "I hope I was diabetics, I would suffer less" (a "great" phrase to tell a child, which impotence felt ...).

But I can assure you that it is very frustrated to be 3 years old and that they leave you in an admitted hospital without your mother being able to stay with you (I remember every day I was admitted with that age), be 5 years old and do not invite you tobirthday, be 10 years old and not be able to go camps with your friends, be 14 years old and that the decision of no baby is imposed by a disease you suffer, be 18 years old and the boy you like and with whom you start out to leave youLeave why you don't feel like having to be next to someone "sick."Be 27 years old and know what or decide and have a child or you are neverfrustrated that this "God" chose you to suffer diabetes.

Despite the parrophon I just released, say that I am a normal person.At 5 years I was not going on the birthday, but at 7 yes (there are good parents who take care of "monitoring" children with problems), which at age did not go from camps, but at 12 I went to aBasketball campus, and from there, camps of all kinds.At 16 and 17 a month and a half to Ireland.With 18 years I was not luck with that boy, but now I have "My boy."Now with 27 years I have a very normal life, in fact I do mountain sports and I get into each "lói in life" that many people would not dare, it is the good thing about having learned to live with a difficulty since childhood.

My mother has no idea of ​​the treatment I carry, he asks me when I go to the doctor and rejoices when there are good results and if one day I have a hypoglycemia near her, he throws a hand.But diabetes is no longer a problem (which I'm very happy).My father, unfortunately, went last year, therefore now the one that deals with diabetes is me "alone."What I want to express that it is important that "you" learn to live with the diabetes of your child, but it is equally important that since childhood transmit to the child that he is the one who suffers from diabetes and it is he who has to learn his "Mechanisms "to be happy in life.In that my parents balanced my mother lived for my diabetes (I got up a thousand times at night, I came to the Colgeio to do several controls, ... come on how typical you do with your offspring: d) And my father instead wanted me toIt was independent, his was the idea of ​​sending me camping with that age, that I learned to click alone from a very young age ... I think my mother played a very important role, more than anything to avoid strong complications or hypoglycemia, but my father meIt helped a lot to be "normal."

I hope that nobody feels offended by what I say, really that my last intention is to attack someone: Oops :: oops:

tica's profile photo
tica
05/11/2012 8:13 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Tica but how is someone offended with your words ?????I believe that on the contrary, you are an example for all the fathers and mothers who read the forum: D and not only for them;)
And I agree with you, that letter that constantly circulates there seems to me as little horrible.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/11/2012 11:31 a.m.

The letter is a very "Panchito" style bodium, in melodramatic-dulzar-emphasous plan.

In addition, I say that according to that the orphans are fought, right?

DiabetesForo
05/11/2012 1:23 p.m.

In addition, I say that according to that the orphans are fought, right?

:)) :))

DiabetesForo
05/11/2012 2:18 p.m.

That relief hahaha!I already thought it was the only one because whenever it reappears for the face for example, there are a lot of people I like and some who even write -with your permission I copy it, noooo!What a nightmare :)) :))

Tica, I don't think anyone offends, as a mother I love reading you, I like to know your point of view, your vital experience, because my son also debuted at three years like you.From the beginning I have been very clear that whoever has diabetes is him and yes, as a mother's fantasy I would change for him, but I have never told him, in my house we have always treated his diabetes as an irremediable fact but with whom heYou can live normally.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
05/11/2012 5:22 p.m.

Hello everyone, thanks to Velia for the information and the veteran as a tica and Mornita that you have written.Today I do not have much time, we are visiting a new endo and we cross the fingers, I hope it is good.
Today we have been a bad day, two drops of 47 and 55, we are sorry, a bad calculation, a lotOne burst, but I don't even want to think when I have not been able to be at home for work what my wife carries.
Greetings

antonio bonillo's profile photo
antonio bonillo
05/12/2012 1:55 p.m.

Velia, we continue fighting and adjusting the square bolus, now instead of using 70 and 30, we continue to put the two hours but we are using two ratios depending on what he eats, a ratio for the normal bolus and another for the square, for example, If we have given it Glucosport that is fast, we do not consider it for the square bolus and we only have that ration for the normal bolus, the rest of the food if we consider it for both bowling, we do so because we had a descent in which everythingWhat he had eaten was juice and Glucosport, it was fine at the time but the square gave us a small descent, this is not to learn and adjust.
Good night and luck to all

antonio bonillo
05/14/2012 3:55 p.m.

Antonio, how good that you recognize your wife's effort ... the truth is that this is very tired and gives you a pleasure that they take it into account ... I also have that luck with my husband, and you do not see how to thank you toYou don't have to apologize constantly for being tired.
I have not understood you to take only glucosport and juice and put the normal bolus ... Anyway, I also change the proportions depending on the glycemic index of the food, of the fats it contains, etc ...You have to test and observe, and still, a thousand factors can cloud the results ...
Did you finish the move?

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/15/2012 5:08 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

What I want to express that it is important that "you" learn to live with your child's diabetes, but it is equally important that since childhood transmit to the child that it is he who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is the one who is theHe suffers from diabetes and is he who has to learn his "mechanisms" to be happy in life.

Did you know ethical words!

Nana's profile photo
Nana
05/15/2012 10:21 a.m.

Desde los 8 años con mi amiga Diabetes, llevamos de amistad 55 años...pa'lante siempre.

Hemo 5.9 enero 2014 Bombera 3 años.

Si algún día te sientes pequeño, inútil ultrajado y deprimido, recuerda que un día fuiste el espermatozoide mas rápido y victorioso de tu grupo.

Velia, my explanation was a shame !!!What I meant is that we consider the glycemic index, if the glycemic index is very high as in the juice we put the insulin in the form of a normal bolo and if it has a more normal or slow glycemic index then if we consider those portions for the bolussquare.
Moving ... move ... Moving .... Revidas, new work in my case and my wife reorganizing everything, we were already accommodated and now we have to organize our life again, it is for good but sends nose, it is not that it is not that it is not thatIt is difficult, is almost impossible and more with diabetes.Well, we have changed in endo by changing the city and something good, we have lowered the hem from 8.7 to 8.3 ... we are still high, but not long ago we were 9.5.We liked the endo, a man who can dialogue, a luxury for the times.I encourage all fathers and mothers, tonight we had a drop of 66, well, the entertaining night, has continued fighting.

antonio bonillo
05/15/2012 11:58 a.m.

Hello good
What's joy to see so many people here and so many comments.
I have had bad days, the birthday of the major, party organization, cakes for school, its colonies, Dario with vomiting and yesterday leaves my fire on !!
I do not think that you offend anyone.
Yohace 26 years that I am diabetics, on the other forum that I wrote to see me the Mamis forum, to give them cheer and tell them that although they were living so badly, one gets used to it and can do everything that proposes, with orWithout diabetes, it is only a question of more control and revision.
Now, unfortunately I have had to join that group of suffering mothers .... And the truth is fatal ... I already know my sugar and it is my body, that of my little girl for me is as if it were acotton cloud and see him as yesterday, when his muslitos leave with bruises with the many punctures that we have to give him, because we still do not know anything about the bomb .... he breaks me ....
He continues without letting herself to prick ... buff ... I don't know if I get along, or just survive, I don't feel like anything and I'm turned off ... in my life I had achieved that effect ... and IGive anger, a lot, because I have a baby who deserves that .... in short ... time
We are waiting for the endocrine!!But I don't want to raise something here, when they don't just put bombs to children ... :(
Antonio was already signed by my child of 66 .... mine takes them around 30-40 and that also breaks down.
Well, what happened to me without reading, I have no time, I would love to be able to read more infromacion and everything but I can't ...
A hug to the kids

Van's profile photo
Van
05/15/2012 5:31 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.