{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Hello I answer Primi.
I am totally agree with what Velia of the acetone writes.
Then "it is very important about the ketone bodies in blood, and you have to ask for the strips" it has cost me a lot of calls by telephone to the health center and we have even had to call the laboratory that they attended to us greatly and managed itWith our health center.The strips are called Beta-Ketona. And the laboratory is from Abbot.
And the flu I have put it on mine. And well.
The ketone can be reaction to the vaccine, because fever creates insulin resistance and you have to climb the normal doses that Cetona appears.If you have not uploaded the dose.
Something similar happened to me with corticosteroids, but well things you learn.
Now to give him five glasses of water, poor chiquilla.

juanqui2791's profile photo
juanqui2791
11/20/2011 3:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Tica, don't see how interesting your emails always do me.It is a vision of this whole theme from the child's point of view but already with the capacity to express analysis and maturity.Do not stop writing or one of your reflections
I see that David for now feels different in a positive way, I make him more case, his teacher pays more attention to him, everyone praises him for his courage ... but I know that a time will come when this from the return.The fact that it eats absolutely everything but sweets does not notice so much difference with the rest of the children.But I fear the time in which he begins to adhere his little walks with friends, whate
For now to live the moment that what has to arrive will come.We are in a good rear after the basal rise and a profa of the school has wanted to learn to put bowling with the motu pump and it is wonderful.Well, you have a good weekend.
Health

Santes's profile photo
Santes
11/25/2011 5:26 p.m.

Hello, I wish all of a merry Christmas and a very happy 2012 a very big kiss for everyone.

Pumba's profile photo
Pumba
12/28/2011 1:26 p.m.

Pumba, can you believe that I just read your post?: Oops :: Oops: ... Happy year to you ... Hey, once you once and tell us how you are going.
Santesteban, and you?Mother how long.
We after 2 have 8 and 8.2, we are visiting the endocrine every 15 days, pointing everything that eats, what is put, etc, we go, as at first ... right now their controls are very good, insideFrom 1 month he hemo again and I hope he has dropped, because if I don't understand.

What a shame that this thread is so stopped ... Let's see if we dare and we are putting things.I am sure that our contributions are of great help to other parents.

Kisses

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/20/2012 5:28 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I comment on my son.That have changed insulin for the peaks so great that towards half a day.With this we are doing on 12 controls a day, because we have been Saturday yesterday and today only and we are afraid of the hypos.I hope to take normal soon.
And tell you Velia that the hemo of 8 is not so bad.It is more in children they say that they allow up to 8.5 and that it is preferable to have hypoglycemia frequently.
Mine has taken 7.3 and the children who were when they were done because now all parents of the same age come together, and give a talk and all that.
There were only one that went from 9.5 and that was to which they paid more attention, and the endocrine said that up to 8 and a half normal.
They see us every three months.

juanqui2791
02/26/2012 8:14 a.m.

Good morning.

How are you, Juanqui? The changes need adaptation time, but surely it will be much better than the other insulin ... the bad, the number of times you have to prick ...

Regarding Hemo, my complaint is not from 8 in itself ... is that it doesn't fit me simply.The controls have not been to throw rockets, but they have not been so bad, in my view ... but well, we will wait for the next one and we will see what to do.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/27/2012 4:03 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello, in principle we are more happy with this insulin.Although we have only three days.The peak of one to both is less accentuated.But little by little.Now we are with 7 Levemir, Novorapid, at breakfast.Novorapid at food and then at dinner 3 of Levemir and two of Novorapid.And the baby is 6 years old and weighs 21.5kg.
All the best.

juanqui2791
02/27/2012 9:09 a.m.

I'm glad, Juanqui.Surely you will have the dose well adjusted.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/28/2012 4:01 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone, a lot does not enter the forum, I'm glad to see that children are still more or less well.

Now we are not spending a very good period too many hypos and many 200 longs in the glucometer even a few days and peak that almost had them forgotten since we put the bomb.In addition Alejandro does not help much in the theme of hypos do not notice them and when he tells you since he is hungry, you can run.

I do not know but it overwhelms me a lot that it is high.What bounds of figures do you consider good, I mean from what a figure do you consider hypo and from which hyper?.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/28/2012 4:20 a.m.

Hello Patrice ... what a joy to see you here.
Ufff, times of those, like the ones you comment we have had many ... We particularly happened to us something that I have already commented on several occasions ... It was suddenly, I mean, to go from magnificent controls to suddenly withoutPrior notice, high, and we began to think that I was going to incubate something, that if there would be any bubble, that if the change of catheter, and when we realized, 6 or 7 days had passed and that did not change, nor did thevirus or na ... solution, insulin had to be climbed ... and indeed, it was just that their needs had changed and theme resolved ... but Godss, how the change cost me.

With the age of your child, 4 years?With that age, having a post of 200 can be considered normal (understand the normal in between) ... with the hypos you have to be more care, because the more people, the more dangerous ... a 60 or 70, even if they are considered hypos.By the way, it also makes me very nervous that I am high ...
By the way, you look at the acetone in blood '

I don't know if I have explained.

A hug

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/28/2012 4:27 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Well, Velia's truth that I usually look at her almost ever to never be that this patient of course, that then, of course, because she gets through the clouds and with acetone, thanks that in that sense she almost never takes anything.

Why do you say it? You look more often.

Well, what I was referring to in the figures is because Alejandro has many times of value before the meals between 60 and 80, I know that they are fair figures but I do not low basal for that, because they seem acceptable to me even better than that I arrive with 160Or more, and I don't know if I do right or wrong.

DiabetesForo
02/29/2012 4:54 a.m.

Hello Patrice, the acetone looks at her when she has seasons in which she is higher.As in the previous post you said that you were now on a streak of those, and with a bomb there is no active insulin, it could be more frequent to do acetone ...
The ones of the pres, because it is like everything, perhaps one of 60 for its age and telling that it is in the school and its activity can be variable, and perhaps the hypos are not noticed, it may be fair ... if it is eachThus, I would lower the basal in that section ... a pre 100-120 is safer and it is a good figure.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/03/2012 6:21 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone, first to congratulate Owash, Velia, Rodevilla ... who I read regularly ... another thing is to write, that is not mine.I am the father of Jesus, a beautiful child, blush and now he is by my side, a true angel.As I expose it is diabetic since childhood (18 months), damn day.The fact is that we do not achieve good controls, no matter how much we try, a real madness, it is not necessary to comment how hard it is, the nights without sleep, the descent, give the glucosport, etc ... more controls than everything,nor comment and really a hem .... regular.
Let's see if you can help me, lately we are driving us a climb that we come to have between 2 and 3 hours after meals, both at noon and at night.At two hours it is at 150 and at 3 hours we are in 280, we have climbed the basal but this rise in the basal originates a descent many times.
The food is especially slow carbohydrates, very few fats and proteins, it is poor diningMake 4.5 rations.
I do not understand this climb after 2 hours, we do not know whether to put more bolus (but at the time it is at 130, at 2 hours 150) and then rise or increase basal, but we have seen that if you do not eat the basal are very highand that there is a relationship with food. What happens to you?My child is small but you have had similar situations and you can think of something.
Thank you.

antonio bonillo's profile photo
antonio bonillo
04/12/2012 2:50 p.m.

Hello Antonio

Welcome

Have you tried the dual bowling?So you can extend the introduction of insulin for longer and you can reach those 200 without the need to raise the basal, but with more insulin.
I usually do it especially with the rice, which give me the can some hour after planned.

Maybe the petit suisse carries some more fat ... but I would not justify a 280:-/
I imagine you will put the Bolus after eating, right? ... If it is a bad dining room, it is preferable to put the Bolus later because you never know if you are going to eat all the portions.

Sometimes, in kids, there are not many explanations just happens to them and that's it ... it goes up for 45200249 reasons that we don't understand ... the classic file X

A kiss to Jesus.

DiabetesForo
04/12/2012 3:20 p.m.

Welcome, Antonio: d
How easy it makes me get in your place, fatigue, punctures, insomnia ... Everything is because our children grow well.
As Owash says, the duals are a perfect option for meals and dinners, especially when there are pasta, rice, fats (although this is not your case), that even a roasted chicken, or a veal fillet make good ravages to3 or 4 hours of eating.My daughter Angela started a few years ago as Jesus, a good pos and a pos pos (as we call her colloquially) disastrous ... we solve it by putting 60-70% of insulin in a normal bolus and the rest in a rack bolus2 hours.Try it like this, and see the figure varying until you give with the most appropriate pattern, to see if you are lucky .... In addition you have the advantage of being able to cancel that square part if the child does not take all the food ...
You tell us.
A hug for you and a little kiss to the little one.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/12/2012 3:50 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much to both of you, Leados encourages us a lot and comforts.Here I am debating with my wife that we are going to try ... well, the square bolus if I know what it is ... the dual no.However, we will try a square bolus of 1.30 hours (instead of two) since we put the insulin in several times during the food, having a little insulin pump and in the end we make the total calculation ofThe insulin that we put, so the hour and a half at the end, which is when we put the last bolus, we will try approximately 30% as it happens.I'll tell you.

antonio bonillo
04/12/2012 4:02 p.m.

Antonio, the Dual Bolus is an option that combines in a single step the supply of a nor bad bolus and a square bolus ...
But if you are putting the normal ones, it will not solve much.
How was it?
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/13/2012 5:46 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

My wife is very happy.Good values ​​the first day.Let's see how the afternoon happens, we had high basal and perhaps called, we don't know.Now 174 and sleep.Other days we were already 280 at this time.We have spent the first test, to see if there is luck.Thank you very much, Velia.

antonio bonillo
04/13/2012 12:37 p.m.

I guess, Antonio, that you will have to keep adjusting, but at least you know that the subject can be controlled ... I'm glad !!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/14/2012 2:50 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Today we have the most uncontrolled day, it is normal, we are having to make a very large adjustment, when putting square we are going down basal at noon and night, since we were using the basal as bolus, fixing this is not easy.Likewise, Jesus is very small and his grandfather has come, let's not say, race for the hall !!!!The very happy, but the values ​​down, below ... we carry two 83 and 84 ... that does not go back, we have given juice but it is costing to climb, they are low values, but we endure.The truth is that we have a lot to adjust, when we adjust these basal ones, it will touch the night that is a little high ... but little by little, we are very tired.If it serves as comfort to other parents we do 3 or 4 controls at night, yes, I know they are excessive, but we do not have the controlled and endocrine thing ... it helps little, it is very difficult but the truth could help something and notbe it by success and error Does your endocrine help more?I understand that adjusting basal is very difficult but a little help is essential.Velia's advice is worth its weight in gold, hopefully the endocrine would have helped us more.
Likewise, another doubt .... Being my very small child and having this regular control we spend many reactive strips, we are paying part of this expense since the endocrine has less strips and we do not want forces or strength for more fights.It happens to you?
Thank you very much, I know that it is a lot of roll but that is our day by day and the doubts ... always arise ... doubts and new challenges.

antonio bonillo
04/15/2012 6:06 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.