{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Hi Lena.. Well, we are all a bit, I think ... well, while for a good cause, that the kids are fine, that the thing is calm, well, right? ...
Maruchi, call me whenever you want, huh?
How do you carry the end of the course?Have you noticed that they are more restless than usual?Angela always ... also if we add the heat, the find and the allergy drugs, etc., I see that I have any basal marching basal ...
Anaa, how about yesterday?In the end you put insulin?
Lucinere, how about you?

Kisses to all and good day !!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/16/2011 6:40 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone, how do you carry the summer principle?I have not entered, as they say there, little desire to always write the same and at the same time little to tell.Right now a fat scare has happened to us, 1 hour ago Lucia has eaten and had "hunger" 1 control has been done and what has come out, we have 1 or 2 in these 4 years, my mother, that I do not get used toto the hypos.It turns out that I was 235 before eating and we had paella type rice and normally put the insulin after but when I have put it before ... when I see him I have given him 5 tablespoons of sugar dessert, after a while 45, heI have given another, shortly 72, another tablespoon and now that it has been 10 more minutes I have given 1 Maria cookie, the bad that the rations of rice will be uploading slowly, as usual and then the rush will come.When he was hungry, I told him to wash his hands and make 1 control, instead of going Allavabo he went to his room, when he was taking the sugar, he told me that he fools, that he went to his room, thatHe was like Lelo (she has noticed that she was as a lack of concentration) than pitty, thankfully we have resolved it quickly and neither dizzy nor anything ...
Yesterday we went to the bonfire with our papers with what we don't want to burn it and tell me Lucia: I tell you what I have put?I told her that if she wanted ... she put 3 things, 2 of them I don't remember, something related to school and the other was not to have diabetes.

Well, kisses for everyone ...

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
06/24/2011 11:09 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Very good, parents and moms-
I have not passed here for a long time, the circumstances and the spirits have not allowed me, so I hope you and your kids are well.
I hope to set myself up to date on everything you have written.
Over here, lowering basal and noe with an infection that we do not know if it will be urine, bladder or what, tomorrow tests.
Well, I start reading.
A kiss for little and old.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/07/2011 2:08 p.m.

Hello, I am Primi and my daughter, Laura, debuted on April 12 with 5 years, we are taking it better than me, because if it is difficult for a mother to know that her daughter has DM1, more difficult it was for me, then, thenI was gestational diabetic and I feel very but very guilty for it and wishing that my other daughter who is older and from which I was also diabetic will not happen to her.But that is something that I will live forever, now what I need are your advice for your experience, because now with summer, we are taking them worse than at the beginning, because in the first birthday we had, I gave him a snackAt her time, and of course when everyone was dying the poor man was away playing with the sand, and at the time of the cake or tell you.Yesterday we went to another, and this time I said that I was waiting to have a snack with others and I did so, but of course the children did nothing more than ask for nocilla snacks, they finished and the mother went for more and there was myGirl asking me that she wanted too, I had to go, but my friend gave her a small piece to remove her old woman, but at that moment I overflowed.Laura, since he debuted has been superbuena for the issue of controls and insulin, perhaps in the afternoon he puts me a little problem because he coincides with the levemir and the novorapid in addition to control, but the nurses were hallucinating with her.Tomorrow we go to Malaga for control, the first control and I am with an anxiety.
Well, I have many but many doubts, but I will be asked.First of all tell you that I loved finding you, because I needed to know that there are more people like me and wanting to help those we start.

PRIMI's profile photo
PRIMI
07/20/2011 12:01 p.m.

Hi Primi

Welcome to the forum.
Ask everything you want, there are many people here in your very situation and who know a lot about the DM in the crios.

Remove those head guilt ideas ... they make sense.The DM1 is not known what its causes or its triggers are ... I do not have any family history and surely other foreseros will enter commenting on their cases and you will see that it has nothing to do.

You have been 3 months of learning of the DM from this normal, what you say about the fulfillment and from day to day.
Crios usually carry it well, they are always learning things and adapt to changes very easily ... parents cost you more, but you will see that within a while the DM will be one more thing to take into account, ofthe many that are in the day to day.

Malaga has one of the best endocrinologists in Spain.

A kiss to Laura.

DiabetesForo
07/20/2011 1:39 p.m.

Welcome Primi, I am another one of those suffering moms, my little one debuted in November with 7 years and without any family history, at first I also blamed myself for changing him from school, I thought that the stress that the change wascaused the debut ... there are no guilty in this.Courage and learn every day is what touches, all for them.A hug and tell us how the review has gone.

dsrodri's profile photo
dsrodri
07/20/2011 8:51 p.m.

Hello again, in the end the Hemo has been lower than I was waiting for it 7.3.As we have told us, it is a little high because it must be below 7, but I am satisfied, because we have had high controls in these 3 months while we have been learning, yesterday without going any further at the time of the snack273 What I attributed to it that when I put the fast, a lot of blood came out, I don't know if it really would be for that.Then triglyceride controls, view, kidney, etc.When are they starting?My daughter complained at the beginning of the eyes, until soon after they started leaving her every two weeks we have an mascafus, I do not know if it is something that has to do with diabetes?.A question that I have is the time that the HC takes to absorb, because there have been nights that at 12 has had a low control I have given it to sleep and it turns out that it has made that reach high breakfast, which I think it isBecause insulin has been faster than the absorption of the HC, but as I will let my daughter go to sleep with a glucose of 75, so I do not know if I do it well even if I get high to breakfast.

Well, I say goodbye just tell you that today I am more optimistic.

PRIMI's profile photo
PRIMI
07/21/2011 12:33 p.m.

A 7.3 is an excellent result for a child, as you are realizing it is very difficult to control children's glycemia, especially for hormones.

The reviews are usually done later, right now it is practically impossible for a complication related to diabetes;From the 3-4 years (minimal) of evolution is when you review what you put.
I imagine that your pediatric endocrine will review the thyroid theme, which is the only thing to control.

Orzuelo is an infection, and as such we have diabetes we are more exposed ... normally with controlled glycemia infections are reduced.
In any case, the orzuelos could also come out without having diabetes ... One of the most important things is not to attribute anything that happens to diabetes, which sometimes we all have that trend.

Absorption normally depends on the amount of food and class, we usually mix HC with proteins and fats ... against more slow fat is absorption, against more slow amount is absorption.
You have to also take into account the type of insulin guideline, it is not the same to take NPH as a novorapid or humalog.
Depending on the insulin guideline you wear glycemia it can be acceptable or not.
In any case, what he sends is always the glucometer and experience.

Primi, tell us what insulin guideline you have this way it will be easier to comment your case.

DiabetesForo
07/21/2011 3:16 p.m.

The insulin guidelines are 2-3-2-2 of Novorapid and 3 of Levemir in the snack.Another thing they have told me today is that calluses are formed and of course she does not let me prick her in the belly or in the culete, because her arms and legs are already the saturated poor and I do not know if she will depend on that that insulin does notIt absorbs well, because it comes to coincide that when I click on the leg is when I found some high control without finding a reason, today at the time of the snack it has registered again so I do not know if increasing the amount of novorapidat lunch or try to click on the arm to see if that is the reason.Then another thing that happened to me that I do not know if it will be true, but a weekend that we went to round, because it turns out that control after control was high, at first I thought they could be the nerves, but then I also thought that perhaps theInsulina was not in good condition because it was already ending what I had already gone and come to the beach, pool, .... Therefore I decided to change pen and from there it was fine, so my question is that we ask now inSummer to be able to carry insulin, I have bought a Neverite/Insulating, thinking that with that it is enough, but perhaps it is not, what do you use?

PRIMI's profile photo
PRIMI
07/21/2011 5:29 p.m.

Hi Primi

Novorapid "hard" 1 month since you first use it, after those days you have to discard it.
In the Levemir prospectus he says that his limit is 6 weeks since the first injection with the pen is put.
You have to always keep it out of light and in summer that I never directly give it;Always less than 30º
On this website there are very practical containers to conserve insulin:
For me it is the best thing to conserve insulin.

I am surprised that your daughter takes a pray because she is only authorized for over 6 years ... although I am in favor of her use and does not seem bad.

Regarding packages or calluses ... yes, they are called lipodystrophies;They appear when they are click very often in the same place and make the insulin "act" less.It is like a fat accumulation;When it appears you have to let that area rest for a while to regenerate.
Here you have a link with more information:

You could try to click on the culete to the sides ... What we call the lorzas: Mrgreen: ... it is a good place, because there is usually fat and the injection can be done well.
Surely your daughter will put the insulin herself and use all areas equally.

I see that you have low doses of insulin, both novorapid and a levemir, so I suppose you will still be on honeymoon ... As time goes by and above all it is taking more weight (for growth) insulin units will go up.

DiabetesForo
07/22/2011 6:55 a.m.

Thank you very much Owash, for your information I have looked at the page of the cold bags and the truth that they are very good, I will look for them in my pharmacy.

PRIMI's profile photo
PRIMI
07/22/2011 7:46 a.m.

Hello everyone, here I am again with my doubts, reading your comments I see that after eating you control you and depending on how you adjust, that they have not explained it to me and Laura especially in the morning both when I was in theCollege, like when we have been on vacation and took it to workshops, because in the middle of the morning they called me that his belly hurt, I went control and turned out that I had it in 280-300 therefore I took her home, thereI should have corrected him, right?although later at the time of the food I had a good blood glucose 95-120.

Then another doubt is that now the controls are being higher, I have already changed the amount of breakfast to 3rd Novorapid and continues to reach lunch a little.But it is also getting up with higher glycemias 120-140, the endocrine told me 150 to modify the lesson but I do not know if it should do it now.

Another question is that I see that there are many firefighters, so that is something that depends on conditions for them to put it or if asked to put it, because Laura does not let me click alone in arms and legs, but in the legs tooHe puts some resistance, since he is very thin and I think that having little fat may hurt more.

Well, we go to bed with 204 I think the honeymoon will be ending.

PRIMI's profile photo
PRIMI
08/10/2011 6:59 p.m.

Primi, I think they should have taught you to correct the high figures, to know what amount of insulin needs in correction.Usually, it starts from the base of one unit for every 50 glycemia that you want to go down, but you should know how much your daughter lowers an insulin dose, to be able to calculate it.Ideally, the endo or educator tells you.If it is not possible, put the guidelines you carry and we will try to throw a cable.

As for the bomb, for me (and for many parents) it is, without any doubt, the best method for a child, because it allows much more efficacy and less risk, apart from comfort, but it depends on which area you live so thatIt is easy or difficult to put it on.

The more data we give us, the easier we can help you.

Health

DiabetesForo
08/11/2011 10:23 a.m.

Primi, the results of the glycemia also depend on the type of insulin you use and the exercise that your little one will do ...
Sometimes a 200 is good because the whole afternoon is going to spend in the park playing or will do physical exercise ...

The pumps almost depends more on how convinced the endocrine pediatrician of utility is ... In general, in Spain the pediatricians who bet on this type of therapy (and work it) usually give many facilities to put them ..And on the contrary, those who or cannot, do not want or not convince them, put all the obstacles of the world.
In my opinion, it is the best option for the Crios, as long as the family is responsible and can take the right game.

As for glycemia, I guess now he doesn't go to school, right?Perhaps, he does less exercise (or the same, than with this summer ..) and that is why the figures are a little above what they were ... It is a possibility.

Do you have an association of patients near?Maybe if your baby, see other children how they puncture in the leg or in the culete see that she can do it too ...

DiabetesForo
08/11/2011 1:55 p.m.

Well, today we have the day much better than yesterday we have not had high controls.
Alea, what they taught me is to correct but once I do control before meals, but not between meals, and that as I see that you correct between meals because it is my question.
We are from Malaga, when I have gone to the consultation I have seen a girl with the bomb but I understand that they put it only when it is impossible to control it with the pen.
Owash, at first I was discharged in the association of Malaga to which I told them if they could contact someone from Marbella or Fuengirola who is where I live, but so far there is no answer.To the nurse from here Marbella too, but neither, that's why I was very happy to meet you because I was lost and alone because although they tell you that there are many cases, and almost everyone knows some I have not found anyone.
Another question do you know how to calculate how hemoglobin is going?
You know, now I just taught that a tooth is coming out, that will have something to do so they were giving the highest values, because what is to move clear that it moves especially in the afternoon because or we go to the beach or to the pool.

PRIMI's profile photo
PRIMI
08/11/2011 5:42 p.m.

Primi, the pump is not simply because of impossibility of controlling diabetes with feathers ... it is another option within treatment.
In my opinion, children should be put to almost everyone because it is the best method to control them ... children are very different from the elderly.
In this post you have more information: pumps-insulin/as-forocrine-endocrine-bomba-t7455.html

Glycosilada can be calculated with the average of the glycemia of the last 3 months;

In this post you have some more information: Diabetes/Calculo-Casero-Hemo-T5998.html

The Muela I do not think it is ... my favorite "excuse";) in the criosat all levels) it would not occur ... and control the impact of hormones on glycemia is impossible.

DiabetesForo
08/15/2011 1:15 p.m.

Primi, welcome !!!!Here another mother ... my daughter also debuted with 5 years, today she has 13, jolin, if she has rained since then ... regarding your feelings I can tell you that they are similar to mine and surely those ofMany other mothers, but you will see how the passage of time makes you see everything from a more optimistic point of view, and also more rested.
Regarding the measures, I think that for any diabetic the more measurements are done much better will be control, we will avoid peaks, we will better adjust the treatment and we will also be more trasspos, especially if they are children and if we have to leave them incabbage, playrooms, workshops or where ... the ideal is to measure the pre of each meal (before each meal), two hours after each of them (which is when the maximum effect of therapid insulin), and of course before bedtime and in the middle of the night, 3-4 in the morning (although many endos want to save that control) ...
With regard to the bomb, another total defender of the bomb, my daughter has it since the age of 7, and of course, they do not tell me to take it away from us that it gives us a country.Yes, if you have a minimal interest in the subject, start asking and put hands with the bomb, which you will not find, for the moment better treatment.
If you want us to talk personally, you have doubts or whatever, do not hesitate to send me aprivated and I will facilitate my phone.
Ahhh, a mini advice, do not try to seek explanation to any glycemia, hormones have a muuuucho to do, physical activity also, apart from files X.
A hug and a lot of encouragement.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
08/16/2011 3:08 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I know that it has been a long time, at this time we have been on vacation in a hotel and the truth is that best than I expected, because I had a lot of scare not to have meals under control, not to know what there would be that day in the buffet, but in the end it has gone well, and so we have taken another step.
Velia, thank you very much for your words, the other day I talked to her about the bomb, I did not see that it was very funny to always wear it, but we are still starting.
This week the school began and here where we lived the Children's College is a different building from that of primaryThat from Monday the controls are being high over 200-270 if I put one more insulin unit comes to the next meal and if I keep the units because I get those values, I initially thought that the nerves would be, but on TuesdayI saw her that she crawled in her parts then I took her yesterday to make her a strip in her urine, and she has given negative this morning I have gone to her pediatrician and tomorrow I take him to make a crop, but until Monday I will not knowThe results, the case that she is very good has no fever, so I do not know if it will be a urine infection or perhaps it now needs more units.The truth is that she has never claimed me to sleep with her and since Tuesday she wakes up at night and then I have to go to sleep, I don't know if she is not well emotionally and that is affecting her.
Well, I have rolled up for the beautiful and synthesizing what I would like you to indicate is whether you have an infection the values ​​would be higher or are like those that Laura has.
A bezote to all.

PRIMI's profile photo
PRIMI
09/15/2011 3:24 p.m.

Hi Primi ... Rebienvenida: D ... Yes, one more step with eating outside, that it is to do an art, do not believe;).Regarding the figures, everything influences ... when they are small, the guidelines change frequently, and that without changes in the routines, so if we add the adaptation to the course, to the group, to the teachers, because I do not even tell you.... I believe that both the beginning of the course and the ends make them very nervous (that in generel, not only ours), sure that is what happens to the little one, give it a little time until it leavescustomary.It is true that infections affect glycemia, but without fever and others would not have why, you will tell us how the crop.
To all the other moms, I suppose you will also be breasting with the beginning of the course ... a lot of encouragement for all and that glycemia are stabilized as soon as possible ....

Kisses.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/16/2011 3:33 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone, all here well, we have the beginning of the course, we have already changed to primaryRoutine, in October we have the review with the cardiologist again, again the Holter ... there is little left.

Little more to tell, a hug for moms and a little kiss for kids.We all have a good adaptation to the daily routines!

DiabetesForo
09/17/2011 3:09 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.