{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Hi Lena ... how old, huh?What a luck that the glycemia accompany you, I am desperate, it had not happened to us for a long time, but it has been since Friday (this, the previous one) with some catastrophic figures, I have already modified sections and basal 2 times, and now I walkWith the phone in hand that at 11 calls me to see what happens ... and next Monday, the arguments of the Cojonunos contour are going out:-/ ... anyway ...

Kisses for all.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/19/2011 5:55 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Well here we are with problems again, since since Laura has begun the school the amount of insulin has doubled in the morning and slow, I do not know if it will be that we have already gone the honeymoon or that is that the nerves the nervesThey are influencing.At first I thought it was urine infection, because it does not stop touching the totete, but they have made a crop and it is negative, therefore I do not know what they will be due.Now, above all, what is worrying me most is that in the morning already lifted with high or low levels as it has been today, it turns out that at the time of breakfast in the school I can not get normal levels are always above 200 and theAmount that I am putting is 4 of Novorapid for 3 portions, the fact is that then the descent hits him, but what I do not understand is why it takes so long to make insulin effect.

I would also like to take the opportunity to ask you what methods you use so that on weekends they can be lifted later, because Laura is dedicated to putting insulin and having breakfast your toast with milk, because then you no longer go back to sleepI don't know if there are tricks or it is a law of life, that I can no longer sleep until 10.

And finally the medications that you use when they are cold, because she has always suffered is from the throat and my cure method was with honey, unless already gave fever then I used the ibuprofen, because now I see myself that whatUnique that I can give you is water, that drinks a lot of water to dilute the snacks, that you recommend me, ...

Thanks for being there.

PRIMI's profile photo
PRIMI
09/27/2011 11:59 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Primi.

In principle, with Levemir it doesn't have to get up early if you don't want to.Simply with not putting the novorapid until you have breakfast, nothing happens and you can delay breakfast whatever you want.

Regarding honey, if she is doing well, you can give it to her, whenever you adjust the hydrates and put the Nvorapid units you need.

And needing more insulin is normal when the honeymoon ends.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/27/2011 4:08 p.m.

Hi Primi ... As you will check there are many factors that influence the figures, hormones and growth are some of them .... It has happened to you, from a few days before starting the Angela course began tobe high, in such a way that we have put between basal and bolus almost 13 units, in just 15 days ... now I am decreasing, I have already lowered around 6 .... Also like you, I try to look for aExplanation to this, and it is as simple as their requirements are changing, you have to go up, and that's it ... luck.
Many of the things you comment, the Alba effect, getting up later, would be very easy to stop with the insulin pump.Even so, as Alea says, if the basal is well adjusted, I don't think it's so important to give him breakfast later, right? ... do a couple of controls, at 9 and 10, it occurs to me,To make sure it is more or less stable and thus be calm.
With respect to medications, do not worry, the amount of sugar is minimal, I do not think it alters their levels too much.Ibuprofen in sugar syrup is called Junifén.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
09/30/2011 5:26 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone, I have finally been able to enter the forum !!!!!!I've been trying to tell you for 2 months to tell you that we are still, fighting and learning from what each one you write in the forum, but I don't know why I did not let me write, I said that I identified me badly and a thousand more things that have made me haveI had to register with another name and another email address after making a thousand and an input attempts. I had an aid to the "server" or administrator of the page but I had no answer.As you can imagine I am not very skilled with the informatics but it really seemed that the forum rejected me for something.Well, finally solved.
We have spent a great summer and the return to school has been very good also although they have changed her teacher and I had my fears.It is very collaborative and Maja although it does not understand the basis of the problem and it shows
We are currently in catheters crisis since the long obliques caused him in the end an indescribable fovia that made him put so tense when he placed them that it hurt from all.We are now using the shorts and do not hurt him but they obstruct each two by three and we are doing 400-500 every 2-3 days.I am anguished with the theme there is no night without shock.I think he already had the very punctured area (the buttock) and the fabric when he is fibrous causes him to hurt the colocharlese but I do not know where to put that piece of catheter on his body as little bulky and without chichas.The short one if I dare to put it on the waist and gluteo in another quadrant but the length .....
Well, I feel the absence, that I hope you read although I see that the thing is whereabouts.
Velia, I called the mobile one day to desperate because I did not know how much the short catheters were purged and I had no one who to call, but I think you have changed the mobile since we saw each other.How about Angela?And you?
Lena, your tb are disappeared, are you okay?
Well come to everyone who did not know.With the issue of feathers I cannot contribute anything since only the insulin pump will be used and the readers feel how those around me have to feel when I talk about the pump, basal, bowling, patterns and others.

Santes's profile photo
Santes
10/25/2011 3:53 p.m.

Hello I have a 5 and a half year old son and we have been with this year and a half.
We put NPH and go, nothing greeting.

juanqui2791's profile photo
juanqui2791
10/25/2011 5:16 p.m.

Hello man,

Where it hurts least is in the gut, with much difference.There is a cream, emla that is going very well.It is anesthetical and knows between an hour or two.I don't do any damage to me, except when I have a tense (it happens to me with the dexcom that it hurts) you can try to put on the big thing and little by little it will relax and you can remove the cepma.
What you can't continue with the little ones if I know puts those figures.To run out of insulin is so dangerous or more than a hypo.

You will leave that you are going.Encouragement!

tica's profile photo
tica
10/26/2011 6:15 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Santesteban, what a joy to see you here ... I'm glad you have a good summer and beginning of the course .... We have also got it quite well ...
I send you a message to your mobile so that you have the new one, the other lost it long ago ...
I bother from the catheters, jolin, the opposite happens to me, Angela does not want the shorts or shooting ... Look that I would like to change from time to time, more than anything because the oblique leaves him some more signal,Well nothing, he says that they hurt more (I believe that it is sympleously is the noise of the inserter) .... Santesteban and at the top of the waist, where the meter takes? ... there is usually some mollita, and of courseI think that obícuos are more recommended for people with little fat ... keep us informed.A kiss.

Hi Juanqui, I've already read you for the forum ... Welcome to the thread.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/26/2011 3:34 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I just say that less bad than this internet and we are informing, because sometimes doctors inform us little.
Especially how medications with insulin interact.
What you have put from the Dalsy, Junifen Ect, that does not happen is empiming what can interact.
What if they should have informed us, to take my child to emergency with urticaria, and sent us stylsone, without
CIRTS THAT had to increase insulin 100%, we went crazy two days until the corticosteroids produce
So much insulin resistance.Between 12 and 14 units we had to go to 18 and 20 and there was no way to lower 300 glucose levels.Now we are without medication 48 hours and we still continue with 18 units day although a little more controlled.
Well, nothing eye with prednisolone, corticosteroids are good but handle very carefully,
All the best

juanqui2791
11/01/2011 10:15 a.m.

Yes Juanqui, the corticosteroids raise the sugar, do not hurry, you have had very well, to increase the insulin until the situation regulates and then as soon as the process is disappearing and eliminating the doctor, having a little caution because it will requiring less.
With respect to Juniphen, it carries saccharin, there are no problems ... It is the same as the Dalsy but without sugar.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/02/2011 5:06 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

We were last month in some coexistence, and something that caught my attention was that the endocrine reinstate a lot that parents do many controls but we did not correct.
They said that we were for example to consult and said: Look at 10 with 300 at 11 with 275 .... etc.And they recommended us, to correct with insulin instead of so much control.
Which was a mistake on our part. What do you think about that?
I specifically do with high values ​​to put half or even go.But I have seen people who gave them water to lower them, when it is better to put insulin.
All the best.
My son is five years old and in the last Hemo we have escaped a bit with 7.9.

juanqui2791
11/08/2011 8:57 a.m.

Well, Juanqui, depends on the treatmation you carry ... when Ángela Usabe pre -chefed, we never corrected, they didn't even prescribe any fast.If there were 300, then to wait ... taking into account the unpredictable of these insulins it was best not to tempt luck, and that we controlled the action peaks well.
With the rest of the treatment, lantus, bomb, etc., my opinion is that it is better to correct once 1.30 or 2 hours after having put the quick.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/08/2011 9:59 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Santesteban, Rebienvenida.

We do correct if the figure is high (more than 160) once the two hours of the last meal have passed.And, of course, also if those figures occur on an empty stomach.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/08/2011 12:16 p.m.

We corrected if it is above 200 passes 2 h of the last insulin bolus Excline if you are going to do sports.
We were with the high glycemia and we even the same: Evil: to see figures greater than 200 and it has cost us to increase the basal for too long.Now that we have done it and it seems that it is going well although still making ourselves say as always: why will we have taken so long to do it?It always scares.
David has three decay that is torted on milk tooth these days.To feed him asleep when he is low, I think it could be the cause, his mouth is full of remains.I am afraid that it will happen to us with the definitive teeth when it grows a little.Has it happened to you?
Those who wear a belt for the pump sound to me that some had manufactured a homemade?It is that when you wash it, use the interior shirts with pocket as before but it seems that it has been unusual and is not comfortable.
Greetings

Santes's profile photo
Santes
11/09/2011 12:06 p.m.

Good night!!!!
Santes, now that you say it you should not be so disenchanted .... Ángela has the same problem, he has a fatal mouth (and that they do not eat sweets:-/, he is how the non-diabetics find out, hahahaha) ...We have been visiting the dentist since I was 5 years old, very periodic reviews, milk, definitive, even has its first extraction of a definitive tooth ... I have always wondered why, although I have also suffered a lot with my mouth ... I supposeThat it will be a mixture of everything, genetics, and what you have to feed him asleep, that he is not an expert ...
By the way, I now handle the storms at night, and the truth is that they are great ... so I do not have to feed him ... and Jo, how I understand you, what it costs to change basal ....And what we are glad later: D ... a kiss.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/09/2011 5:02 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Well, I believe that the mouth has more to do with genetics than with something else, because Celia eats enough more sweet than it would be advisable and has great teeth healthy, to God thank you.

DiabetesForo
11/09/2011 6:23 p.m.

Good morning everyone, even if I don't write to you daily.
For us this year has been the first one that we have lived on World Diabetes Day and for me a disappointday that they do not deal with a subject that does not appear that diabetics must be special care, already talk about the heart, urinary system, of sight, .... Therefore I expected that day to be different and told us about theAdvances that in the long term can allow a better quality of life for diabetics, so I was disappointed.

Juaquin tells him that all days I tell myself that why I did not stay as a diabetic instead of her, but then I tell myself that I have to thank for seeing her, laughing, playing, ... that is, her life continuesBeing the same in most of the time, and I do not know in which part of the forum I read to a diabetic girl who commented that despite being a pain, the best thing their parents had done is that it was very happy, so that is myObjective that my girl is not sad at any time and enjoy everything, leave, travel, that this will not cut our wings.

Well, the reason I write to you again is because the other day they put the 6 -year -old vaccine and Raiz had a fever and we had Cetona, I did not want to tell you the disgust, because of course I had prepared her meal and sheHe tested her in 278, I told her because the Pipi test comes, and my surprise was to meet the Cetona, as it has been the first time, because I did not know what to do, I put 1 quickly and the poor 5 glasses tookof water that told me that it hurt the belly, but as it is so good, there that he endured, but my scare was if I had to go to the hospital, thankfully that at 45 minutes the ketone disappeared, but I no longer stayedQuiet at all because it seemed very fast, so I've already been repeating urine control several times even if the controls were fine.

The fact is that they have recommended that I put the flu vaccine, and there my question, because if I put it on and give it a fever again, I do not know ..... you put the vaccine of theflu and that has happened to you.

A fat bezote to all.

PRIMI's profile photo
PRIMI
11/20/2011 5:24 a.m.

Hi Primi, let's see if nothing is forgotten.
With respect to the ketone bodies, there is a glycometer "Opium Xceed" of Abbot, which apart from measuring hair glycemia, measures the blood c. stony ... the difference between this and the strips, is that in the first case theFigure gives it in real time, what it has at that time of acetone ... the strips however measure the acetone in urine, and these figures refer to hours before taking the sample ... so you may urineKeep giving c.cetonics and yet they no longer exist in blood ..: I do not know if I have explained ... the problem is that in some communities do not give you the strips in c.Health, but I am sure that if you ask the endocrine that takes the little one they will give them without problems.
With respect to lowering the ketone bodies, you have to put fast insulin and when the blood glucose is below 250 start giving sugary drinks, Coca Cola type (having previously removed the gas), juice, etc., in small quantities (in teaspoons), and put quickly to counteract what can rise.I think it is not very advisable to give it so much water, more than anything because it is possible that with acetone the liquids will not tolerate too well and want to vomit.
Regarding the vaccine, I do not think you should be afraid of the reaction, Angela never produced any weird symptom ... some stinging in the arm and little more ... but if a casual would happen to him you already know how to act... Another thing to consider is the amount of acetone that is, and the time that is maintained ...
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/20/2011 6:33 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hi Primi, telling you that we are also the first year with diabetes, and the endrocrino and the head of my 8 -year -old boy recommended that it be vaccinated from the flu, and with a little fear of reaction, finallyWe vaccinated (I also vaccinated myself).Well, nothing, no fever, no small cold, a little pain in the bracito that day and that's it.All the best

dsrodri's profile photo
dsrodri
11/20/2011 12:09 p.m.

Primi, acetone is very normal when you have some fever.Simply increase the fast and give it something with sugar.On the vaccine, you can give you a little fever (to me some year has happened to me) but better one day with a little than a week with the flu of truth (I must be a little gafada, the year that I put the vaccine, yearI lame the flu 100%...)
And about the happiness of your child, ... In my case I am diabetics since I was three years old and childhood you live very similar to a normal child.Pre-adolescence you start to be aware that you have diabetes and all unpleasant messages begin to arrive (my neighbor's friend's premium was diabetic and stayed blind ...) and that is when parents have to reassure theirSon and the best thing is to be realistic and tell them the truth.Yes, you can suffer complications but take care of yourself.And in adolescence everyone lives it as they can ... It is best for him to have any hobby that is not going out (and that fans can start since childhood ... some sport, mountaineering ...) I think it is good that it is goodI can do something that other people cannot "do.I loved mountaineering and I liked going out to climb (with the mountain group) and inside I thought "it is worth you drunk, but I opened a 40 -meter route last weekend"
Or to be able to answer the typical person, because you do not look bad to be diabetic ... well, I just made a two -day journey and I have uploaded two 3000. If not he was healthy, could it do it?
And another little thing, my mother also thought this: "I tell myself every day that why I did not stay as a diabetic instead of her," the problem was that I told me practically every day and I created a lot of anxiety, because in additionTo suffer from diabetes there was another person who suffered more than me "because of me" I would like to gladly give him diabetes !!!

tica's profile photo
tica
11/20/2011 1:22 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.