{'en': 'Parents of children with diabetes', 'es': 'Padres de niños con diabetes'} Image

Parents of children with diabetes

Velia's profile photo   04/28/2008 5:35 a.m.

Good morning, Velia as this angels happened to the acetone, look you were right with the basal the basal already rises in acceptable values ​​and we are testing the dual Bolus, but I think the Bolus are a bit low becauseAt two hours it is usually a little high, I do not stop reading the forum to get information, my daughter goes on the end of the course and I am attacked less bad that it is just five days and I will be with the mobile stuck:)

SUPER NENA's profile photo
SUPER NENA
04/30/2011 5:47 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks Supernena ... Angela is already fine, although this time the collateral effects of gastroenteritis have lasted more than normal, I have not remembered Santesteban the whole bridge ... there was no way to climb the blood glucose, it seemed likeAs if it made a bad absorption of the HC, s ... even taking a juice, a chupachups, a Glucosport took him to climb 52 to 70 more than an hour, and with the stopped bomb, come on it was well "crowded" ...Or 14 for that meal, and reached the snack with 58:-/ ... in short, that thanks that I think it is going on, yesterday it already had higher values ​​and today too ... I do not know if it came withThe rule ... Anyway, I am not going to go around. How are the controls?I'm glad to get up better.
The others, how are you going?Maruchi, better?Lucinere and you?
Santesteban for a long time that you do not happen, I want you to be on a good streak.
Anaa, I have spent a weekend in Rivas, practically, on Sunday we went to eat at a very nice restaurant, I do not remember what it is called, but it was of grilled meat and things, magnificent the little pig, by the way.... And yesterday we had to go for the car that left him at the house of my cousins ​​and we became a taxi, we had drunk and the oven is not bugs ... Well, what he said, that Juan Luis and IWe went by subway and then we were walking from Rivas Futura to my cousins ​​house, hey which most beautiful urbanizations and what a pleasant town seemed to me.

Kisses to all and have a good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/03/2011 6:38 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Velia, we are here ... We have also had a weird bridge, Lucia had a hiccup on Saturday afternoon because I put the insu before snack (I almost always put it later unless it is quite delight) and it took me to snackAn eternity and also did not want to take the juice that had kept him for after the sandwich, as we were going with a friend of his I thought: Bah then bought 1 ice cream instead of the juice and already this.The fact is that after a while I am with that he is "hungry" I take out the juice while I am telling him that "notice that for not taking the juice, that if it takes so long, etc ... but I saw his dizzy face,As his friends were out there and I wantedI resolved well but I didn't see her animated, I thought it would be that it had been lazy but that night he didn't have eager and the next day he had decimas, he put himself in 37.8, which is not much but the right thing to find you Pachucha andWithout mood.The meals, without hunger, but something had to eat ... I wanted a plate of vegetables with 1 ration of potatoes, to see what insulina pono me ??Well, nothing to improvise half units ... still has not gone at all evil.Today he has stayed at home in the morning to make sure he was already better and in the afternoon I return to the marchica of the school but with Congoja as always, when he had eaten he had 49, just when it comes to leaving for school,I do not know, as when I started eating it was 65 and the lentils rise very slowly I have given half juice, 125 grams of lentils, 50 grams of rice and 1 ration of banana, I have put the insulin at 15Minutes of finishing all that and I meet 49, as I have given him 1 juice and a couple of altas that has eaten on his way to school I do not know how he will now be at 4.30 that his father is going to look for it, it is a without lively...

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
05/03/2011 11:27 a.m.

Hello everyone, I've been in appearances for a while, you are very often from the mobile but writing on that small ta keyboard is a roll.

Our bridge also with tremendously low glycems, what a coincidence, in the case of Diego it was normal because we have been in the town and there were parties so it has not dropped throughout the day of the inflatable castles, I went up about 5 minutes and is exhausting, so the 8-9 hours that was on Saturday and Sunday have made him measure glycemia much more than normal, now back to the routine.

Velia, if the nearest subway stop of your cousins ​​is the future rivas we do not live far, I also live for the urbanizations, and Efeviviment is becoming a fairly pleasant flirt, when we came 8 years ago I did not likeNothing but has changed a lot and for the better.Jo, let's see if we agree any of the weeks of the week that you see, if Diego is not encouraged to leave him with the grandmother and we remain, I imagine that for the summer because the months of May and June we have them very tight.

Well, you are good, kisses

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
05/04/2011 5:15 a.m.

Hello, everyone:

I've been a little lost for a while, but the truth is that today I got a anger of the fuck and I have to tell it because I do not revive.They call my wife from school because the girl has a small descent, tells my daughter the guideline to follow and that at 15 minutes she is punctured again to check if she has traced.And we learned that one of the teachers has punctured with my daughter's lancet, to see her value of sugar, with which my wife has had to move to school to change the needle so that the girl can puncture.On the march my wife has had a discussion with the teacher, who, on the gear to apologies, (but I have been about to get out of my work and set up a chicken at school), I do not understand how a teacher can doThose things, I don't explain it to me, no matter how long I give it in my head.And I do not rule out putting a complaint in the inspection because these things are not done.

I feel all this tocho, but I had to let off steam.

Greetings,

Gerardo's profile photo
Gerardo
05/11/2011 8:50 a.m.

Hello, how are you?

Gerardo will have to be patient with people, what are we going to do ...

Well, what I wanted is to ask you for summer with diabetes, it's already really hot and doubts arise.In the first place, ask you if your kids lower glycemia with these temperatures, Diego arrives quite low to the measure and in principle the only different is heat.And another things, ice cream.I had thought about making a route through the Super and starting to look but if you give me any clue then better.In principle, as we still have no insulin, I will buy the lowest in hydrates so as not to overload the pancreas.

The truth is that I had more questions but now I don't remember, so surely tomorrow more.

Kisses

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
05/11/2011 1:50 p.m.

Gerardo, I have stayed at the pictures ... Of course that teacher does not seem to have 2 fingers from front ... God, what little knowledge !!!! .. I believe that with the anger he will have had enough, although in your right you areto report ... you tell us.
Anaaa, ufff, ice cream there are many, now I don't remember well, but I think the frigopie has 1 ration, the Midimilk Media, the Dracula I think 1 also ... in Mercadona I think I remember that there are ice cream and poles without added sugar ...Anyway, I don't think you have problems ... and yes, heat seems to make sugar levels somewhat lower.

Kisses

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/11/2011 5 p.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Gerardo, I am crazy, will be tarado, thankfully you have learned that he had punctured, what horror.The teacher of my son was signed by accident one day changing the lancet, often had to be done, because it was considered work accident, we solved it by analyzing the child (HIV, hepatitis etc.) and the teacher did not give part.I can't understand how a person is punctured by fun with the needle of another, really that man is fine?

mornita's profile photo
mornita
05/11/2011 6:22 p.m.

Hi, I'm new here, I have been reading your messages and the truth is that I don't know that you are talking about. I'm going to tell my case a bit: I have 2 diabetic children the first debut 1 year and 8 months ago with 10 yearsand the second 3 months ago with 13 years. They put insulin Humalog in breakfast, lunch and snack and at dinner they wear Humalog and Lantus. They are injected with feathers and I would like you to talk to me a little about the pump and know ifIt is more comfortable and more convenient than injecting at the time (my son plays the goalkeeper's football and throws himself a lot to the ground) and I don't know if that is inconvenient because I don't know how the bomb is going.
On the other hand to the parents those who comment that they give them panic to leave them with someone to go out to tell them that yes, it gives a little repair but we must think that we also need our time and our space (my son is going to go within 10end of course with school)

PATRICIA's profile photo
PATRICIA
05/17/2011 6:44 p.m.

Welcome to the forum and thread, Patricia .... It is a luck that you have such a positive attitude, without a doubt that helps a lot.
With respect to the bomb, there is a specific section of bombs, you should take a look ... for my part to tell you that it is undoubtedunthinkable life with other guidelines ... for the sport you do not hurry, they can exercise, they are very hard, but for certain situations the bomb can be disconnected for a while (up to 3 hours), following some norms of action, so thatThere is no major problem.
Where do you know?
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/18/2011 5 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hi Velia, we are from Seville, are you also here? With respect to positivity I have no choice, that we are going to do even if you do not believe ... that we have had a very bad time with the second than the first time.My daughter has been in Child Mental Health treated by psychologists. I hope that in this forum and with the help of all you you will help me. Thank you

PATRICIA's profile photo
PATRICIA
05/18/2011 11:18 a.m.

Well, if Patricia I get an idea of ​​how bad you will have happened, if it is bad to go through this I imagine that two ... but, finally we cannot do anything else to get used to all and move on.

How are they now? My child is also 10 years old.We are from Madrid.

A hug

Anaa's profile photo
Anaa
05/18/2011 2:14 p.m.

Well they are good now although we do not control it well there are still times of many hypoglycemia and times of many hyper that apparently are due (especially in the child) to growth.
A question, have you had any time for the bad time of a hypoglycemia with loss of conscience or a diabetic coma ???That is something that obsesses me

PATRICIA's profile photo
PATRICIA
05/18/2011 6:15 p.m.

Hello everyone.I have been disconnected the truth, to see if I get a while and I read you.
Me alegro este mejor Angela, lo de la alteración de la absorción es impresionante.
Nosotros hemos tenido dos sustazos como nunca. El sabado de excursión por el monte a mas de una hora andando del coche, mientras David comía su bocadillo dijo que estaba mareado, es mas se tumbó en el suelo y se acurrucó (1 minuto antes estaba corriendo) Le pincho y 29[/b :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Corriendo cojo el azucar y cuando intentaba darselo casi no podía abrir la boca. Dios que susto!!!!!. Conseguí meterle un poco y que bebiera un poco y el como una automata seguia dando mordiscos a su bocadillo aunque tenía la mirada perdida y se le veia kao. Conseguí meterle al final el azucar, el zumo y un platano. Me daba igual que se subiera a 500, estaba en 29 y le había puesto el bolo del bocadillo hacía media hora. Pense 1000 cosas en un minuto. como explicar al 112 donde estabamos para que nos mandarán el helicoptero, que servicio de urgencis rural estaba mas cercano, como podía ser tan burra de no llevar el glucagon..... Pero es que como nunca lo hemos necesitado ni me lo planteaba. Ahora, tengo claro que en las excursiones si vamos a estar desconectados de la civilización me lo llevaré.
El oro susto hoy. Se le ha despegado el cateter a David y Juan se ha dado cuenta cuando le ha pinchado y estaba en 400. Estaban a media hora de casa y yo con el pequeño tampoco esttaba en casa. Pues nada, corre que te corre a casa he cogido la insulina y la jeringa (hace 3 años que nola habíamos usado) y corre que te corre a buscarlos. Pinchazo en medio de la calle pasando de los viandantes, me daba todo igual. Se ha solucionado bien. David no recordaba lo que era una jeringa y ha alucinado. Me he acordado de llevar un pak de hieo para ponerselo unos minutos en el brazo para que nole doliera nada el pinchazo y no cogiera manía a la jeringa.
El cateter se ha despegaado porque se lo he colocado en la cincuta en vez de en pleno gluteo ya que tiene estos demasiado pinchados y con el roce de la goma del calzoncillo es clase de patinaje se le ha despegado.
Como bien decís siempre, por mucho que controles del tema diabetes siempre te pasa algo nuevo.Nunca puedes estar tranquilo.
D glucemias ultimamente vamos regulín. Más 200s de los que queremos.
The 10 have review.
Dais Albricoques and watermelon to your children?How long before eating a Dracula ice cream for example, you put insulin.With creamy ice cream (Frigo Pie, Magnum) you put square bolus.Do you give ice cream ice cream and cucurucho?as you calculate.
Velia, Lena, would pay for a meeting with you, with a notebook and a ball pointing what you do with each type of food.
Kisses, I'm leaving for a while

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
05/23/2011 6:55 p.m.

Good morning!!!!
Patricia, my daughter suffered 2 hypoglycemia in need of glucagon and almost loss of consciousness in her first year of debut.I packed it on the insulins I used (mixtures), Bayer's gluco, which played very bad passes and our inexperience too, although I assure you that we were very very pending ... but if I look back, of course the knowledge of everything thatI have now nothing to do with the beginning .... Anyway it is better not to think, there are always factors that influence and well if they appear they will already be solved ...
Santesteban, what joy will see you again ... what substantly the hiccup, especially, thankfully these boys are champions .... What do you think could happen to get there?If you were eating the sandwich you would have measured him and it would not be very bad ... well, as you say, of these things what there is is to get the positive, surely for the next one you will take other measures (me too)...
With respect to ice cream, I never put the insulin before, unless it is high, I put it on when you eat it ... With respect to the ball ice cream, 40gr.They are a ration, that is more or less a small ball, if you add the cookie put that approx.Have a ration and average ... I always put a dual, and if you take it out of meals, the square part in 1 hour or so ...
The others how are you going?
We again with good glycemia, that we have spent a streak from the allergy ... now many units are put, but at least it is controlled .... What hives that summer arrives.
Kisses and good day to everyone.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/25/2011 5:24 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello everyone, many days ago I did not enter here ... Welcome Patricia, you will see how well they treat you in this forum and how much you learn.
Santesteban, I was reading you and the gallina daughter's meat, what I scare, do I do "hostels" as we say here (apricot) and watermelI calculate it the other day like peach.Ball ice cream my daughter usually eats them (I am passionate about mint with chocolate pieces) and if you eat it while snack I put an extra unit, normally as it is in heat days, that you run, that we are outside does not usually goevil.
Many kisses to everyone and especially at Velia who always has an answer for everything and all.

lucinere's profile photo
lucinere
05/25/2011 10:46 a.m.

Good morning, here another one than much I don't write ... I find it difficult to find some free time and when I have it sleep a little because I have to say that since Nando has the bomb I sleep less ...:?
After almost two months of the bomb I can say that I am happy, especially for the change in Nando's humor, it is much more cheerful..dar extra things to eat between meals without extra puncture ...
In the school it is much more controlled than outside the school (I suppose it will be for the schedule routine) .. since the pump has already stayed to eat, until 15.40 h that I pick it up and he is delighted !!He was very bothered to go at 12 before eating, he wanted to be one more and now he's crazy!We have a teacher who is lovely, her mother is a day and in each control makes me a lost call, I call her and tells me how she is, as I tell her how much insulin she must put on her and what she should feed her (in snacks and snacks andfood), also if we are high, it is perfect ..
In the afternoon it is already a bit more complicated ... I know why but it varies a lot from one day to another ...
I make a lot of controls and I also feel a little bad about clicking so much his fingers but ... I only see that way so that I do not make my hyper important or hyper ... (still some escapes me, that the other dayI was in the afternoon in 190 and in 30 min I was in 53 ... Grrrrrrr and I did control because he told me that I was hungry, because if I can't do one at half an hour ... anyway ....).We are supposed to do with the bomb we should do less controls than before but I do more ...
At night ... I think it is a dinner issue because the basal that has a day can go perfect as another fatal ... but I do not know how to be able to have peace of mind at night ... there are days thatAt 1 this to 200 and I correct him with 0.1 unit and he lowers me to 70 in one hour and others that at the time has risen to 260 instead of getting off ... so the night overwhelmed me in case I went downOr upload ... if I go down I will overwhelm me more and if I go up I will overwhelm me in case I would upload more ... so that instead of controlling him once (as formerly) there are nights that I control up to 3 or 4 ...
I would like to learn more about dual bowling ... what will that help me.
What type of system do you use to carry the pump?Nando carries like a belt and the pump hooked but now I see that the belt (elastic) attached to the body is very hot ... it takes it vertical to prevent possible bubbles from climbing ..
Patricia Welcome!
Velia to see if we talk another day that Sienmpre makes me very peaceful to listen to you :)
About ice cream ... I usually put the insulin at the time of commenting them, I usually take advantage of the fact that after the school has a "good number" and bought it ghosts (3 units (they are small) they make 1R, the other two that come in theBag gives them to some friend or how I!) could eat the 5 and add insulin but I prefer that then I know like a small snack or something healthier.The Dracula also counts 1r ... I usually put 0.4 per ration ..

Sansebastian ... I was doing the small stomach as I read you!What a scare ... Luckily you resolved well and fast ... a kiss.

By the way, Mar (Mornita), I spend the great news about what McDonalls has gluten without bread!Now also the celiac can enjoy a fast meal from McDonalls from time to time !!Now it's just knowing how that bread tells ... And enjoy!

A little kiss for all!

maruchi's profile photo
maruchi
05/26/2011 7:49 a.m.

Maruchi: But how lucky you are with that profa that puts insulin with the bomb !!!!!That cannot be paid with money.
I believe that with a bomb you have to do more controls in the fingers than with pen.Pearo sure is to lower glycosilada .... and correct you will see how you notice it in the next glycosylated.
You will take the nights.Because you don't give it for four days or five something the same for dinner.For example.Cooked potato (or pasta) with something without different hydraatos (without much fat) every day and yogurt or milk and see a little how it goes.The same helps you.
Kisses

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
05/26/2011 11:08 a.m.

Good morning !!!!
Lucinere, how much time without having you ... how is Lucia going?for others, right? ..
Maruchi, daughter, what a joy to read you .... I'm glad that at least the bomb has helped you on the day .... the night, oh, the night, that is a flour of another sack:-/: d... I agree with Santesteban, for a long time I have been giving Angela the same HC, s in order to have the night more or less stable (you know, you always have to take into account the exercise you have developed in the day, and other circumstances .... so a roasted potato, and somewhat grilled, bread and yogurt, was his dinner for a long time ... still ask for some nights ... and take advantage of the days to vary moreThe menus ... with respect to controls, with pumps are necessary at least 6-8, realize that if the catheter is obstructed, or there are bubbles, etc., avoiding spelling with hyperglycemia can only be controlled with the capillary measurement.... come, give yourself time, I think the Máixmo Pump game begins to take a few months later ...
To all, kisses and good day.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/27/2011 6:15 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Hello, I entered to greet you, I am a little disconnected, for nothing in particular, vagrancy I suppose, little desire to write, a few desire to tell ... but we are fine.
A kiss to all

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/06/2011 2:19 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.