{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

Is there any minor with the Dexcom G4?
It is to know the experience.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
04/07/2014 9:11 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Hello,

On the hiccup, it was the first of that type in 26 years of diabetes .... but it once has to be the first.At home I have 2 glucagones, always ... imagine that the nerves fall to the ground, or as it is something that is not used ... you use it and it is with bad appearance or a thousand things ....

The meters has always been Dexcom.Hey, any advice with the G4 to last a lot ofooooo?I put it on my arm, what do you think?What is it in the abdomen?

tica's profile photo
tica
04/07/2014 9:56 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

In my short experience I have only tried abdomen and arm, and as I have mentioned previously, for me the arm a wonder.Today is his eighth day and only with his paste .. With nothing on top and perfect in terms of measurements also very accurate, I am hallucinated .. Let's see how many can stretch it.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
04/07/2014 12:36 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

In the thigh I put it on the front and outer side of the two legs, and quite well, it endures me for 15 days.
In the abdomen it makes the skin contact dermatitis and hala come cream and healing, but of course you use a area you end up irritating it.
I have not tried the arm but the next day I put it there to see how it.I have also seen them in the chest in boys, halfway between the clavicle and the netille, but I have not put it there because I turn a lot and endure two days.
I keep looking on the Internet in American pages to see where it is most possible to put it.
Thank you.All the best.

Vidalete's profile photo
Vidalete
04/08/2014 5:27 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Rapid summary of the Dexcom G4 ... that a lotanother, but you can't trust ...

Point in favor, much less painful the sensor than the other ... point against, the transmitter has gone fat ... and little more to count for now ...

Of course, since Saturday I had not dared to stay alone because of the Gorda hypic that I had and I'm already alone at home ... and I love it ...

tica's profile photo
tica
04/08/2014 6:46 a.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

A slightly silly question, that those who carry Dexcom maybe you can solve me.When you eat, how far should sugar go up?At two hours I should be in 140 or less.But where is it advisable to go up?No endo has responded to this .. that is, as a meal and at 2 hours I am in 135 but has risen until 190, and if as another food that goes up to 150 and at two hours there are 135 too.I assume that in the first I am forcing my reservation more?Taking into account that it is on a normal day that I do not get fast.

The swap night .. a tasting menu of 7 plates (without dessert) (with a fast point) + a bottle room of Rioja + 4 glasses .. After dinner it went up to 160 .. during the night .. I spent three hoursin 250 .. and then he went down again at 8 in the morning with 90. I think that due to such special dinner .. (impossible to calculate hydrates .. I lacked 2 points more quickly .. that I did not put them forfear of the hypo .. that when there is alcohol .. the glucagon is not worth .. I preferred to be high time .. and ball point) .. that if I passed it .. of vice <:-p

It is not advisable .. but how I take care of the rest of the time .. I deserved a break .. with the friends Jojojo

pochola's profile photo
pochola
04/08/2014 8:31 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Hello good!I am using the MGC of Metronic and I have a doubt, and as I see that the Dexcom is the one that is most used, I expose my question here, that I think the case will be the same.
It turns out that I have put the sensor and have taken some venilla and the sensor has filled a little blood.Has it ever happened to you?If so, leave it or do you take a new one?

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
04/15/2014 8:38 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

I use the Dexcom but it happened to me with the first sensor that I put on, while the Novalab commercial was still and told me to leave it and endured almost 4 weeks so I would let him see what happens.
Out of curiosity how much do the sensor get out and how long do they usually last?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/15/2014 9:29 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I have moved here these last two comments that come from the thread "Friendships with diabetes", in case you want to see the thread of origin, here I leave the link:

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
04/16/2014 4:21 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Pochola said:
I with the dexcom I'm hallucinating ... I don't know if for better or worse, today I have eaten vegetables with potatoes and hake in green sauce and a piece of bread.Well, to get to the 60 gr of hydrates, it has occurred to me to eat a skimmed yogurt with sweetened nuts and then I have walked an hour.Well, often horror, after walkI have been yogurt, I usually have breakfast and this has never happened to me!
Prado said:
I agree with Gondrullo, Coca Cola Light does not upload anything, nothing uploads to me, it has no hydrates.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
04/28/2014 9:24 a.m.

Hello, I sell my g4 sensor because I don't use it works perfectly.I have only used it 4 months from October to January.If someone is interested in I sell it for 200E.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
04/28/2014 9:25 a.m.

Hello, I start week 3 and the sensor is perfect.I had read that the G4 lasted less, for now I say that it is not true.My record in the Seven Plus was 4 weeks.

tica's profile photo
tica
04/28/2014 5:44 p.m.

DM1 desde 1988
Bomba + Dexcom

Attentive to the new Abbott flash.That does look good: without calibrations, duration of the sensor 1 month, minimum emitter energy consumption (NFC technology), without receiver (the mobile is the receiver with a dedicated app) ...
It goes on the market in Spain this year.I want one now !!!

Link

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
04/29/2014 5:34 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Is something known about size ???

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/29/2014 6:17 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I sell my G4 transmitter used only 4 months from October to January 200E if someone is interested in telling me since the transmitter even if it is not used is fasted and lasts approximately 1 year.

YaizaJ's profile photo
YaizaJ
04/30/2014 5:12 a.m.

Hello, because you have to be attentive to Abbott's, it looks very good ... although there are many unknowns that can "spoil" a good product, namely ... price (it is useless to last 1 month each sensor ifThe box is sold to 799 euros), the size of the transmitter that is attached to the body (on the NFC technology I do not see very clear about the low consumption ... the only thing that had low consumption and little reach, was the Dexcom Seven plus thatIt worked at frequencies of 315 or 433MHz, the G4 have already loaded it with the 2.4GHz, and the NFC gives me that it will be the same), without receiver, because I do not like it too much, I prefer an independent receptor, yes, as small as possible.
And of course, purchase and maintenance price (transmitter).Ahhh, and the needle, they should put flexible filament like dexcom and not rigid needle.

In any case, it seems good to me, because if it is good, and on top of it, we will all benefit, both those that we use Dexcom and change us, and those that Dexcom uses, which will surely be forced to lower prices.

Anyway, the launch dates, and it is not because I am pessimistic ... I do not believe them much, and I would not be surprised if you used to throw it in the USA and take a couple of years to get here ...

But without a doubt good news, Dexcom can already begin to tremble, I am the first to change myself to something equivalent and with the same result.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
04/30/2014 11:41 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

inquiring a little more (who does not catch curiosity ... especially those who are mortgaged with the dexcom¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ABBOTT FLASH Link

-The sensor life says it's 14 days
-The transmitter seems really small (duration?)
-But they are very confused with the realization in real time and others: you pass the device to "read" the glucose measure ... read it in real time ", then it stores it and makes you graphics and trends, which will depend on thenumber of measurements you take.Actually, it makes you a "hypothetical" graph with your profile, if it is like I understand (I hope to be wrong, because if so, it does not serve me personally, since I need to see in real time, know when to click, when I am doingTo give a hypo ... because if I have to pass the reader, I would have to be doing it every 5 minutes).

But well, they are assumptions, but something had read of inhalambric reading (and I think that of Abbott) that was so, "you scan" the sensor and tell you what you had.

Which seems a bit "delay" and whatever so (I hope not) would not be a continuous measurement, I think.

But what has been said, to wait for news, looks interesting, and whatever, throw prices!

greetings

pabloj2000
04/30/2014 11:53 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Link

Definitely confirmed, it is not a continuous measurement system, it has no alarms.What disappointment.Personally I do not see much sense to what it offers, but surely there are people to which it fits.

all the best

pabloj2000
04/30/2014 11:54 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Thank you very much for the information, Pablo.

Certainly, if we expected was a CGM, this new ABBOTT device is a bit disappointing, but it can also be seen as a clear advance with respect to the usual glucose meters.Saveing ​​the punctures, the strips, and above all to be able to pass the device through the sensor as many times as you want throughout the day ...
You just need to know the availability, price and the small print, which surely has it.

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
04/30/2014 12:18 p.m.

Gentlemen ... this is a discovery ...

Link

That is an advance ... And really, for me it would be the next step (to forget the mobile).The G4 receiver that transmitted to a device like this, an smart watch ... Tasty I would wear such a clock, having the arrows, alarms ...

Of course, it's green, we talk almost about "hackeos" (it doesn't arrive), but it works.And I say green because you have to carry the G4 receiver, connected with a modified cable to the mobile (come on, a Christ, it is still a "concept", an idea), and this is the one that transfers the data to the cloud,and the phone-liloj is the one that downloads them .... Many turns of data to get the data that are in the G4 receiver (it should be of the receiver itself transmit them to the clock, or better yet, of the transmitter itself to the clock).

But of course, this can give a lot of play if Dexcom's designers get to work in good sense.For my bust, if the G6 will work with a mobile, it should, before, work with an smart watch we now have to choose from.Always attached to the body, perfectly appreciable vibrations or alarms ...

And if we are going to end a mobile-thephone (will it be a matter of a couple of years) because not to advance and save the mobile passage?

All the best

pabloj2000
07/10/2014 5:25 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.