{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

Well, it improves that they will do us as it is, as you say, virgin that I stay as I am !!!
Pochola, how about the sensor, still lives?It would be the 3rd week, right?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/31/2014 5:03 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Gala, I was going to write about the sensor change.I have taken it 18 days, but the latter was already very outdated, so I decided to stop it.That if it is not going to mark well .. it is not a matter of lengthening it anymore .. too much began to take off .. Hence I believe the bad measurements.Or that he simply got tired.These days there has been everything, I would say.Days that was perfect and moments in which the clamp was going .. although I think I have learned to understand it and the truth does not go crazy .. if it goes up so much or low .. I think that I am more or less deciphering it very well.

Yesterday I went to my audience of the public who reads me and advises me because although they do not pay him they have used them (she was in charge) and controls something .. (however my endocrine told me .. that no .. that it was not necessary.. that was not very proven .. let's go milongas) yesterday I told the educator that it seemed very very very bad that I would not have informed me of its existence and that one thing is that they do not pay you and anotherThat they hide and tell you you can only puncture your fingers and insulin and run.I told him very outraged, because they had to have given me the option to choose me.

After these three weeks, we have concluded, that a point of Lantus, from 8 to 7, had to be lowRepetitive trends had to be removed, so I am testing a week.And also put a glass of recharity milk.The truth is that yesterday was the first and great night, I did not whistle the Dexcom and I have risen in 99 .. that I like a little less .. but hey, it has meant spending the night in 90s .. that because of my experience ofThese days are 100s .. (by difference).But so has said the nurse who prefers to be.

Regarding meal peaks, he told me that lowering basal insulin does not affect him so he remains the same.When I don't walk after meals, they make me high peaks, go up to 200 and then go down.When I walk after meals I get a wave .. Start up, go down while I walk, and when I stop I go up again, but keeping in less than 150 all the time.

I have put this new sensor on my arm, and what a wonder, I barely notice.I believe that in the ribs (as I only have ribs..jejej) because I caught some nerve and fatal, the first days of dying, now however delighted .. and wonderful mark from the first moment, the calibration of +//- 10.

It has helped me to change many habits and food, when I was on duty that changed the schedules .. I became very bad .. now I took dinner and ceno at the same time always .. and everything perfect.

The yogurt after meals, fatal, turkey ham, fatal ... and some more curiosity ..

I am delighted I recommend it to everyone, although it is a very hard economic sacrifice (at least for me and my family).And I hope that all this stops and it is not more expensive every time .. but that they help us as much as possible.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
04/01/2014 9 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

The nurse when I taught it as much as I cost and when I told me, it was not worthwhile or tell people with that price.
Well, no lady, we must say it and inform people that there are because fortune tellers are not and if we don't even know that it is clear that we cannot access the MMCs regardless of whether we can pay it or not.Nobody is left over money but maybe if we are given the option we are sacrificed by doing more hours at work or taking away from another place, but as Paul says, they better shut up so that we do not demand that the sensors give us the same asThey give us the strips, which is what we should do

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/01/2014 2:39 p.m.

This is @gala, it is very sad, it gives me a lotwhat it should and at three months tests again .. and expenses and more expenses and especially in medication (that throw it almost whole .. things that cost up to 200 euros the box) and they do not charge anything, nor do they cut thetap.I also want a sensor recipe, where I pay a part!Forget yourself .. This is how this country goes .. what a shame.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
04/01/2014 3:55 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Indeed Pochola and Gala ... it is like that, I have lived it.An "endocrine" (or so he says) he snapped me "and you are coming here" (for the consultation of the SS) ... Well, I was going to tell me that this device existed, and thanks to him, andNot the "Burradas and Trolas" that you tell me, I am acceptably well.Yes, yes ... that we all have to take care of ourselves, and do our schedules, and patatan patatín ... as I say, to give me a total disquality, I stay at home, and you will see if I take care of myself, I give myself my little walks, without stress ... but in the meantime, because today I had to eat at 4 and I endure.And like me, all of you.That mania have to get the passionate for everyone, and not, that not everyone is the same (that is what differentiates a good endocrine, although you have to pay, to a bad one, that what is going to tell you,You look for it in Wikipedia and Arreando).

And the strips, my suggestion, is that even if you use the dexcom, you withdraw them and keep them or whatever you do, it is that if you do not, you are giving them right: they will think that thanks to their "services" you are well controlled, when it is thanks to your money.You do not give him reason.Moreover, I can tell you that as soon as you stop using the Dexcom (economy, etc.) you will need twice as much strips, because seeing a number in a meter is useless and only 20% of information, that is nothing.150 says nothing .... 150 With 2 arrows up is one thing, 150 with a stable arrow is another, and 150 with 2 arrows down is a totally different one.Can I explain right?And to measure that without the Dexcom, we will have to take 2 separate measures for 10-15 minutes to really know where we are.

An example, in Galicia the lords of health (the envelopes will have circulated) the needles have changed us, of wonderful BD, to some, nefarious insupen, which seems that you click with chopsticks: Of course, because I buy myself and I pay myselfFrom my pocket, the BD (which, by the way, for them, is cheaper, because if the BD endured them 2 days in a ball, they insuffer them, 1 puncture, hurting, and in the trash), because they insuffer them withdrawal, and withMuch more frequency, because if not, what is said, they will think: see that they are good, you are insufficient, they last 5 times more than the other.Well no.What is "ours", is ours and point, that she was to cut us (but I have not seen that I have lowered my price ... that if I am so discomfort and expense, that I am, because they leave me withThe SS and those 400 euros a month I use them in the dexcom ... of course ... that they give me to me, and to my whole family, that they will already look for a good private insurance and save each one 300 euros... but not ... only those we bothered).

I am trilling with the Dexcom, and every time the subject comes out, I bite.But nothing, what was said ... that they continue giving me 260 euros in strips ... but do not pay the sensors, here the only ones who win, and know it, are those of the envelopes.But what is ashamed are the endocrine that enter this game.I think they are to improve our quality of life, and if it costs money, because it costs money, but that improves it, that is not your subject.Because it is very easy to say that I have to go every day to walk 1.5 hours after 10 hours of working and raining ... but they don't, because, rightly, they don't feel like them.And neither does it.And thanks to Dexcom I don't need to do many things I needed before, I can eat everything when it was impossible before, I don't need schedules ... I also want to live well.Like anyone.And you can.Let's see if they realize (they already know), and they stop passing envelopes.Why do you remember a couple of years ago with dogs detect-hypoglycemia?Not in the Congo ...

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
04/01/2014 8:28 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

ahhh, and by the way friend gala ... when an endocrinillo or nurse says that "it is not worth it" ... Well, it is worth it "it is not worth the iPhone5 that you have on the table ... orThe holidays in Cancun ... not even the SUV that you have parked at the door ... ".That said, everyone wants to live well, and we, try like others (and with these devices, you can, and on top of that, it is a lie that they are expensive, if they wanted, they could assume them like those who have bad control and many stripsassigned).By the way, we are discriminated to work, we earn about 300 euros less per month, than colleagues on equal terms (and the silly dumb appears -which thinks that diabetes is "cure" with an injection per day and it is not so much so much- That says that is a "whim" ours, like the one bought the iPhone .... Grrrrrrrrrrr)

All the best

pabloj2000
04/01/2014 8:56 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Pablo, have you improved the hemo with the Dexcom?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/01/2014 9:12 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well enough ... the last ones were about 7/7.5 -they went up because I relax totally -... taking into account that before using it I was in 9 and peak, but the quality of life ... Puffff or imagine it(From 2 daily hypos, 3-4 nights a week fat night hypos .... Well, to not have hypos, and those I have, some a week, I already take measures when I have the glucose to 90), then ...Rare ... but with the glucose meter I was also wrong, it compensates me, no doubt)

I without the Dexcom, I am not a person, I changed my life (the before was not life, it was a m ...).My character changed ... and my wife's.

The SS says that I have to spend 10-12 daily strips for 2 hypos per day, sleepless nights, glucose to 400 to avoid hypos, bad moods and aggressiveness ... I don't understand it.

All the best

pabloj2000
04/01/2014 9:25 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Well, you have changed your life totally.Do you use a bomb, right?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
04/01/2014 9:40 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Ragina, I have dropped from 7.9 to the first of November that is when I put the Dexcom to 6.1 to last February and with less hypoglycemia that I had before that I almost did not free me any day, with the consequent rebound thatI put me in 300 if it was not 400 and this was a lack of control and on top of the endocrine sheet every time it went.
I also do not have a bomb although they offered it precisely for those descents and upAs Pabloj2000 says.The day they join the data that arrive from the MNC with the pumps and and they know how much they know when and how much insulin there is to put and it is not an armed, important, then if it will compensate me but while I stay with my dexcom and do not take it away from me!!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/02/2014 7:50 a.m.

I have never told me in the endocrine the existence of these continuous meters, but I do not think it was due to dark intentions, but simply because they have prices that the vast majority of people will understand as prohibitive.This does not mean yes, in the endocrinology service they should give the patient all possible information and that he decided, but well, I at least have no complaint of my doctors (Osakidetza, Basque Country).

In any case in September I have to go there and I will comment on the idea of ​​Dexcom (because in any case it seems that I need its authorization).I'm still hesitant because it is a lot of money.The first year more than € 3000 and just over € 2000 the successive ... I will wait to see what my endocrine thinks.

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
04/02/2014 7:51 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

To us the continuous meter has served us a lot but above all to acquire experience and see how the body behaves in a lot of situations ... In fact we have a couple of minilink that will have been exhausted from disuse, because we no longer needed them.At first it seemed that we were hooked to gossip, but no.So those who have it, take the opportunity to learn about you, because you can take advantage of.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/02/2014 8:04 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Mikel01, if you are well controlled, a MNC is not necessary, or you can talk to your endocrine to see if they can lend you one (some hospitals have but only leave them with certain patients, they left me and I saw the benefits I had inI am quite unstable) a couple of weeks to see how your guidelines are and from there decide.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/02/2014 8:04 a.m.

Gala, I am not an extreme case of those with we have very high, but I have ever went up from 7 to give in the last two 7.7 (I've been with diabetes).Everything following having a couple of hypos in which I was very scared and I have taken a lot of respect for the dowers, as a kind of anxiety when one gives me one.Of course, as a result of this, I tend to be high.And from there those last glycosylated.

It gives me the feeling that with a continuous meter I would control better, and I would give me a lot of peace of mind that I can overcome a hypo before even noticing the symptoms.Obviously apart from getting better control in general.

Of course, the other option, the cheap (: d), is to take away the fear of the dowers and the low figures (as soon as I am in less than 90 I already enters a certain restlessness), but pfff, it is screwed: D

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
04/02/2014 10:38 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I understand you perfectly that you are afraid of it, I also a couple of fat scares, because because of whatever my endocrine that is for the lantus, I almost do not have symptoms of hypo and when I have them is that I am already below 35-40, and I give me panic go down the street or at work (well on all sides but at home there is always someone) and give me one of these.
To me the Dexcom has given me a lotThings would have changed, (I wore a NPH that marked you picos because the fast and slowPoor, that if you take the sandwich, that if dinner, although the others quite later ... and I think if, of course, I am in a party bar and take the tartera with the lentils ... and for them that they could haveLive with a little more tranquility

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/02/2014 11:15 a.m.

Hello.Regina, no, I don't use bomb or interest me.Taking "tubes" does not go with me.The only thing that could value are the omnipod (patches) that does not carry a tube, but of course, they cost how the dexcom ...

Mikel01, you will not have a problem putting an MGC I assure you, of course those of the SS will try to get the idea of ​​the head ... but nothing happens, look for a good endocrine, that there are them (likeThe Meigas ... few, but hailos) and delighted to prescribe it.That you will have to pay the consultation, then possibly, but if you give one of those "good", forget everything else, it is very cheap.

The SS is not interested as I said that people revolutionize, nor that it comes out of hundred studies saying that it is a great advance and contrasted data.We will continue with our "strips" and stick needles (in the north), and well, that the cost of insulin (which they have already done so) rises.

A good endocrine (great, renowned, which has a global vision, and moves frequently between USA and Spain, which opens your eyes more) told me "the Dexcom (MGC) is the greatest advance in diabetes from insulin", and with that everything is said.Neither bomb, nor milk.

Mikel, when the Endocrine of the SS released me "what are you coming" because I also say it, to me to write down in a notebook as it was before it seems to me third world (with respect to those who do it) in the time of technology,And I except at the beginning that I did it for a while, I never did again, ridiculous ... if I had told me that there is this (that I knew, or it is a professional bad, which can be when not knowing or updated): Hey, for your way of being, if you want, try this.

Really, most endocrine could be replaced by Wikipedia, you print a standard diet and a "utopian" life plan and regret, do that and ready.

Come and

I want my dexcom, I need my dexcom, and stop nonsense.
Gentlemen of Dexcom, in this country, things go based on envelopes, I beg you to begin to pass them like everyone else, a little more fat, and see if they stop giving the "strips" once for those who do not need them.It doesn't matter to have favorable reports, countries that take us the lead with demonstrated data, all of us who have put it we have lowered the HB1A in a radical way, and above, making a normal life, the most next to be fine.The hypoglycemia that you lift at night are over, and sweep with the fridge, trembling ... or you are working and you have to run in front of people .... Do you know the pleasure that gives kill a hypoglycemia with a fanta when you have100, and without being trembling, and continuing with what you are doing as if nothing?
That is priceless.

All the best

pabloj2000
04/02/2014 11:28 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Ahh By the way ... I can understand that as an adult and with income (for a few months, I fear, then see what I do) they take it to me, but if I had a diabetic son (luckily not), the dexcomThey would have to pay it but already
A child does not have to go through what we have happened, and with the Dexcom it is not necessary, in addition to the quiet of being able to control it, etc.It should be mandatory to offer it to the Crios, and not instill a "primitive" life that I hope in the future is not so.
The same as the needles insauce (often bodrium of needles) that give us the Galicians ... ok, they give them to me ... but, and they have already told me, put those needles to a child, is to cry asA madman ... Please give them to me, ok, me Joxxx ... but to the children, give the BD that are painless.

Some scoundrels ... what happens is that those who direct this "cotarro" are not insulin -dependent diabetics, or if they are, they are so smeared, that they give them all the same.

greetings

pabloj2000
04/02/2014 11:32 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Ha ha!!Very good about the Fanta

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/02/2014 11:32 a.m.

Pabloj2000 said:
Hello.Regina, no, I don't use bomb or interest me.Taking "tubes" does not go with me.The only thing that could value are the omnipod (patches) that does not carry a tube, but of course, they cost how the dexcom ...

Mikel01, you will not have a problem putting an MGC I assure you, of course those of the SS will try to get the idea of ​​the head ... but nothing happens, look for a good endocrine, that there are them (likeThe Meigas ... few, but hailos) and delighted to prescribe it.That you will have to pay the consultation, then possibly, but if you give one of those "good", forget everything else, it is very cheap.

The SS is not interested as I said that people revolutionize, nor that it comes out of hundred studies saying that it is a great advance and contrasted data.We will continue with our "strips" and stick needles (in the north), and well, that the cost of insulin (which they have already done so) rises.

A good endocrine (great, renowned, which has a global vision, and moves frequently between USA and Spain, which opens your eyes more) told me "the Dexcom (MGC) is the greatest advance in diabetes from insulin", and with that everything is said.Neither bomb, nor milk.

Mikel, when the Endocrine of the SS released me "what are you coming" because I also say it, to me to write down in a notebook as it was before it seems to me third world (with respect to those who do it) in the time of technology,And I except at the beginning that I did it for a while, I never did again, ridiculous ... if I had told me that there is this (that I knew, or it is a professional bad, which can be when not knowing or updated): Hey, for your way of being, if you want, try this.

Really, most endocrine could be replaced by Wikipedia, you print a standard diet and a "utopian" life plan and regret, do that and ready.

Come and

I want my dexcom, I need my dexcom, and stop nonsense.
Gentlemen of Dexcom, in this country, things go based on envelopes, I beg you to begin to pass them like everyone else, a little more fat, and see if they stop giving the "strips" once for those who do not need them.It doesn't matter to have favorable reports, countries that take us the lead with demonstrated data, all of us who have put it we have lowered the HB1A in a radical way, and above, making a normal life, the most next to be fine.The hypoglycemia that you lift at night are over, and sweep with the fridge, trembling ... or you are working and you have to run in front of people .... Do you know the pleasure that gives kill a hypoglycemia with a fanta when you have100, and without being trembling, and continuing with what you are doing as if nothing?
That is priceless.

All the best

Hi @Pabloj2000, a couple of questions ... with the meter, you say that nothing is necessary ... I put a couple of situations so that if you want, you answer me: if you eat something with x carbohydrates, youDo you put x and you have a glycemic level x, with the meter you can see how the whole set acts, correct?And it turns out that you have not struggled, that you have not put enough insulin for that level and those HC.The days pass, and you find that you are at a glycemic level similar to that of that day and that you are going to eat approx.The same, would you remember the amount of insulin you injected?Not to make the mistake of that day and be able to correct if you do not write it down?

Have you ever used the pump?For that comment of "Neither Bomba, nor Leches" gives me the feeling that it has not been the case ... how many times do you click?Do you run?Do you use slow?It covers you perfectly 24 hours?

Do you say that an endocrine prescribes the MGC?Pass us the phone please;)

A greeting

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
04/02/2014 2:16 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Hello Intruda ... It is that with the normal meter nothing anymore, and with the Dexcom because much less what?If I connect to the computer and send to my endocrine every time the results, with its graphs, means, etc?It is that technology makes you forget everything.
With the meter if I can see how anything I do acts, the case is that I (I insist, it is how I act) take measures according to what the Dexcom marks, in fact, I usually prick after eating (not before), orBreakfast (I never did) ... and if one day and I put myself at 250, nothing happens, a couple of you from Apidra and in 30 minutes arranged.No, I do not remember the amount of insulin, or HC (in fact, or I tell them), as I said, I make normal life, and I simply look at the Dexcom.
Perhaps it is complicated to explain like this, I'm simply to be towed to the Dexcom, and really, going from everything, I don't complain (obviously with some effort I could improve a lot).With telling you that I don't even remember the HCs that meals have, because ... I tell you, I tell you (I don't care) as I do, and I accept all criticism.

No, the pump did not use it, but I do not want anything connected, and more if it is the case, it forces you to have good control, guidelines, etc ... because if you do not 2 days the same, the pump does notIt helps you, and to manually put insulin with the pump (squeeze the button) for that is already the ball, right?

I punish me 2 times a day (FJA) and then what it touches, that is, when the dexcom pita if I have it high ... or when, like days they can be 5 times, another 7. I never click at the same time.

I have expressed badly to say that an endocrine prescribes the MCG, what I mean is that for the MCG you need a paper signed by an endocrine in which it reflects that it has no problem that you use it (it is not a recipe, it is one "Authorization "to buy it), in the SS I doubt that even signed that (it would be to recognize that you can be better with a DEXCOM)," quality "of quality", that they have known the system for many years, even beforeThat it was officially here, after a consultation, if you see that you need it, without problem they cover the paper.

All the best

pabloj2000
04/02/2014 2:43 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.