{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

Intruda, in the dexcon if you can enter data from insulin units, rations of HC, exercise and if you have been bad, or with stres or if you have the rule, then download on the computer and you can print them or send them to the endocrine by mailHowever, I still point it out in the newspaper but I put the figures according to what the Dexcom marks me

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/02/2014 3:07 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Pablo: With these warming that you hit, surely you are 400 or more.You are going to shoot the Dexcom.
Cordial greetings to all and encouragement.

Lone's profile photo
Lone
04/02/2014 7:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi @Pabloj2000,

First, sorry for the tone of my previous message, I think it has been somewhat abrupt and edge.
I will not criticize, much less as you carry your diabetes, each diabetic is a world and nobody better knows what it has to do to be better.
I completely agree that an MGC is a great advance for us, but to improve our quality of life and complement it with the rest of things, and especially to know how our body reacts in different situations.
In hypers, I have been clear about what you do, but I am curious to know if you have many hypos, or you prefer to throw up and then correct.
As for the pump, if you try it, I am sure you would change their minds, contrary to what you think, it gives you a lot of flexibility of schedules, you avoid the punctures ... among other things ... PQ does not stopThe others, but for me, there is no color between a puncture and press a button, and more if in your case, you click up to 7 times daily ...
And finally, tell you that they take me in a hospital in the SS and a week ago, they left me a meter to try it before spending the money on one.I do not think it is a subject of SS or private doctors, but of each doctor itself.
If you don't care, what was your last hemo?

Enjoy the meter while we can!

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
04/02/2014 7:07 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

Hi Lone, on the contrary ... I get some declines :)

Intruda, I start with my last hemo (I have to do another, because it has already passed 1 year and 2 months), 7.2 (reference values ​​for a healthy person 4.0-6.1 according to this analytical, in case the scales are different according to the method)(If you are curious, I have no problem in sending it to you).I have been with the Dexcom for about 5 years (before they arrived in Spain), and I just saw an analytical now with 9.1 (that is, imagine the difference ... and above, living much better, without hypos, being able to sleep without having to have toLook at the glucose 1 or 2 times early as I always had to do)

As you say, everyone knows what you have to do, I thank that descent of Hemo, because that is data, but even more, the increase in quality of life, that there are no numbers to tell.
No, I do not have many hypos, because I prefer to have it taller, while I like to be between 150-180 because it gives me margin for unforeseen (before Dexcom, I was 200-300).And I don't have them either because of the Dexcom, as I said, I can "avoid" a hypo with 120 (2 arrows) and taking a fanta, a juice with all the calm of the world, without nervousness ... before, I looked at my glucose andWith 120 who is the handsome who gets sugar?Crazy right?Of course, when you woke up at night, you looked like a zombie, and when you realized at work, you would run away without hearing anything ...
If you consider the response to 100-120 and strong descents, I have occasionally bother me or "destroy") because as I advance, when it reaches 80 it already starts up shooting.

On the bomb, because I would have to try it, in any case, it would be the omnipod (wireless) but that dependence is not attracted, and also, for me, the punctures is the least, they do not bother me (except if I useThe needles insuffle that they give us ... but for that I pay my pocket the BD).

I'm glad they left you a meter ... I hope the time comes.Obviously over time, it will end up entering, yes or yes, and now we talk about Dexcom, but it is that the Dexcom has been in the market for about 7 years, and working wonderfully (it does not help me about "it is not demonstrated""It does not work well").But well, I speak in my case.Anyway, I do not want to insist on my way of carrying diabetes, it is not the reason for this post.

Seeing that great video of Iñaki Lorente that you have put, speaking of psychology and diabetes (the debut), and with the example of his hand ... with the Dexcom, I can put the diabetes in the neck ... the only thing that the only thing that the only thing thatI have to have in sight, it is the Dexcom.

all the best

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
04/02/2014 8:14 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

From what I read I see that I have been very lucky here in Valencia, because both the bomb and the MCG recommended it to me and left, both my endocrine and my educator.I have solved the hypos above all (completely asymptomatic until I fall and then everyone realizes), such as stability in glycemia.This is what Pabloj2000 said, it is not the same 150 stable as with two arrows down ...
But in addition I continue to point in the librettite, (it is many years of aiming already) and the endocrine thank me because it is photocopy and explains to the mir that it has as it may have the right hemoglobin having the controls that I have (I have (From low to 400 in 30 or 40 minutes), and that is where he explains the advantage of being able to adjust treatments and above all, to go ahead of the disease and not always putting patches afterwards.In that I give Paul completely, I have been since 2010 and now I would not know how to organize without him.
Greetings and take care of yourself.Vidal

Vidalete's profile photo
Vidalete
04/03/2014 7:29 a.m.

I have always been very rigorous, and I do point everything in the Dexcom, the hydrates, the exercise and everything.With the program I see the general trends, and from there I have lowered the Lantus point because at night I am very very.

I think I will even value it in the morning, (now I do it at noon) and when I start being low it is in the afternoon and nights (it is also because I am after eating and dinner).

I do not know if the hemo will improve, that I will tell you but that my whole family and I feel safer and there is no color, tonight I whistled a 45 at 4 in the morning .. solve it and sleep .. What a peace of mind

And I do not point what kind of food or anything like that, because combinations that have sat me badly, I do not forget I assure you.You keep the couplet and you change habits.

I am delighted, for me it is a success and hopefully I would have had it three years ago to be able to endure my reserve.But sadly they did not inform me and here I am enjoying him from the zero minute.I also tell you that it entails many sacrifices (for the economic issue) but that it is more worthwhile, I am much happy, quieter and with more desire for everything.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
04/03/2014 8:44 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

I also believe that everyone does what they want with their money, but it seems to me to use an apparatus just to avoid uploads and descents and not get more out of it, that is, understand how they affect the exercise, hydrates, types ofHydrates, etc. to act accordingly.And that can only be done with data, data and data ... On the other hand, having stability is the best for the body not to be permanently aborted and low.Of course the day you break your device, or you cannot afford, you will be no one, glucémically speaking, of course.
On the other hand in our hospital they are in favor of the meter, Hehco leaves it to many patients for seasons, to analyze precisely their controls, how the night goes and thus be able to adjust the insulin guidelines much better.And specifically we have provided us all the sensors that we have needed, if you don't have to put to Quisqui in the same bag ... endocrine there are all kinds, there are bad, good and very good, and you, Paul, you should change yours as soon as possible, because not getting and reviews in more than a year is a barbarity, no matter how much dexcom you carry.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/03/2014 9:06 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Velia, as you say, everyone acts as it seems.Obviously, with the technology we have, we could return to the telephone booths to make a call when we need it, and yet we have all mobiles.We have been calling from cabins many years (although some had mobile) and nothing happened, right? But now we all go with mobile, logically the Dexcom is a weapon to meet you, but what I do not understand is that there is no need toLet it be "temporary", when it can be definitive.Or do you think if we put cabins now they would be used?Best of all is when they talk about dogs that detect hypoglycemia ... that is "definitive" ... definitive and shameful, there is a Dexcom.

Well, I'm glad then there are good endocrine, is that I did not have a decent one.And without above the sensors give you, because great.Anyway, eg, in the USA you put the Dexcom, and it is neither temporary nor milks ... It is your device as your insulin bolis.We have to get to.Now we may see it far, but for me, the Dexcom is the solution to my diabetes, and that is not debatable.That I can improve doing other things, I have no doubt (I could go walking every day 2 hours, and on weekends practice sports, and ...), but I only with the Dexcom, my life has changed totally(and on top of the analytics corroborate), and without any effort.That is, the Dexcom works.
Now, as you say, the day I cannot finance it, that I hope that before that I put the SS, it is a problem, I will simply return to how it was, we have 9-9.6, and annoyed in the dayTo day, and a lot.It is really incredible that you have to give up "the cure" (for me) for economic issues ... it is as if the one who takes a pacemaker tells him that they are going to take it out and that he takes life very calmly, and notNothing is going to happen ...

Velia, no endocrine change for anything in the world, many years ago saved me (something that others did not even try to try my skin, it was I who had to put on his), and if he has notI go and I did not get analytical, it is not because I do not ask me, nor do I insist that I go to visit it (for me it is an effort because there are many km), nor do I continue giving me guidelines, it is for my laziness.Anyway the analytics, now that I see that a year has passed, I will do it, of course (thanks to the post I remembered)
Those who do not feel like visiting are those of the SS ... My experience since I debuted was disastrous with them, in fact part of my fears and Pánicos, they started with them.

Anyway, the post deviates ... Dexcom for me is "the cure" of diabetes, as far as I'm concerned.

And speaking of bombs ... what I do not understand is that the SS finance an insulin bomb, but not a dexcom, when the cost is surely the same, and it is something that seems totally unfair.

All the best

pabloj2000
04/03/2014 11:28 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Anyway, and to end these almost personal discussions that do not lead anywhere (I have only told how I carry it with the Dexcom, although I understand that it can be more prudent not to enter these issues or tell it, and I will do so in aFuture, the life of each one is very personal and I am not going to judge it) about how to carry each one the diabetes, I admit that I am not doing it correctly and that logically no one will take it as an example (if there is someone easily influenced that does notI believe it) because it is a mistake of mine and I assume.Obviously, good endocrine will inform you and give you the right guidelines (they also give them to me) and continuous glucose measurement will give you a lotDay were the pen to the roads, I think there is no turning back in this aspect, and for me it has been a turning point).And obviously I have generalized about the professionals in the sector, when there are all good ones (I only told my experience, which was bad), to which I congratulate, and I apologize (generalize is not good, my mistake)

I think we can continue talking about Dexcom and its operation, which is what the message is about.

greetings

pabloj2000
04/03/2014 11:35 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

The important thing Paul is wanting to learn ... that saves many dislikes and a lot of money ... otherwise, of course you can keep telling what you want, of course there are those who want to comment, right?for that we are in a forum;)

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/03/2014 8:36 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

The marking on the left arm, is resulting in part of much more comfortable even more accurate than in the ribs, I have been stuck as is, with nothing more and not a minimum is taken off, we are already for the fifth day, fromI will put Fixomull from the week, now I don't carry anything, because I put it on it and it seemed to me that with the rubbing of my clothes my fixomull was lifted and it was counterproductive, the truth is barely sudo and I cover it to shower.

There was one thing that always commented to the endocrine and it was that when I ate it hurt my head, and they always told me that it had nothing to do, with the dexcom I have seen that it is when it starts to rise strong and when I am high.Ains .. and they always told me that it could not be, because it is.Now proven.Does anyone happen to anyone?I'm going to open a topic to see if someone happens to me ...

pochola's profile photo
pochola
04/04/2014 6:28 a.m.

How do you put it on the Pochola arm?.I alternate the gut with my thighs, but in my arms it had not occurred to me, because as they say there has to be some fat ... well tell me how you do, where you learn the most it is with peoplethat uses the same as you.
All the best.

Vidalete's profile photo
Vidalete
04/04/2014 8:36 a.m.

Hello, how are you .. Velia, you are right in what you say, I love debates and opinions (even hard), but not judge.Anyway, I admit that if I "warm up" I tell things that, even if I think them and in my circle they know, should not put them at the risk of "parties."I will try to be a good Galician, that I don't even say yes, not even, but the opposite.

Vidalete on the arm is going well, I usually put it on the forearm where there is some chicha "hanging" when you lift it.In this link for example, you see this girl as we wear
Actually, at least the Seven is very comfortable, especially because it is not sensitive to the sweat of the belly, as inconvenient, as Pochola comments the rubbing with the clothes it shows and the adhesive does not usually endure so much (the fixomull), and another detailThat it is very annoying when you do not wear an adhesive on top, and that is that the clothes get hooked continuously, and many times (when taking it out) it gives you the feeling that you have torn it.
By the way ... in the thigh?In children something had heard, but in adults not ... exactly where?The measurements are normal?any difference?

Pochola, the headache, it happens to me many times when I am a long time with her stable, but "low" (for my loss it is 70-80), I start a pain you do not see ... however the climbsand descents do not usually affect me.
If in this diabetes there is no written book, each is a world.

greetings

pabloj2000
04/04/2014 11:54 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

@VIDALETE, I have been put the sensor right in the same place that is wearing the girl of the link of @Pabloj2000, and I assure you that Chicha I do not have .. I am a noodle .. and it has entered perfectly, and zero pain or discomfort.For me at the moment favorite site.: D and I feel much more comfortable, and the marking is being much more accurate.Paul of the headaches I have already found for the forum to someone who happens the same to Vidalete, so I stay more calm .. "bad of many comfort of fools" ..
Tomorrow is going to be the first day of the dexcom oda .. Dinner tasting menu, co -flips, dancer .. and bars many bars .. I will tell you my experience .. I hope you behave as well as during the day .. I see myself saying..
Whenever I have left I have had no problem (formerly when I didn't know if .. Of course I drank 5 peche with Redbull and at the end of the night I fell fulminated .. Let's say that the gin has saved my life).
I know that you have to say that you don't have to drink ... but here you are also there to share experiences and I am young and from time to time I go out and drink, and with the Dexcom I will now see how my body behaves on a crazy night.I was having a hard, then with the dance you burn a lot, the gin drinks with lemon kas to compensate and in the morning I got up in 75. (Above going out .. I ate pasta .. let's go a delight).
That you spend a great weekend: D

pochola's profile photo
pochola
04/04/2014 12:25 p.m.

Pochola, did you get the private one that I sent you?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/04/2014 2:17 p.m.

Hello,

Tomorrow my dexcom g4 comes ... I prefer not to make accounts in what I have spent since 2009 in measurement systems continued, it is my third kit.Although I think they could have adjusted even the price a little more ... I am not going to complain this time of Novalab, better service ... I think that the treasure begins to know is for diabetics what they sell

Mñana tells you the experience, is that he needed it or yes.On Friday a hiccup of 38, I started talking and alone with the little one and my father -in -law.It was violent to me (they continue if knowing anything diabetes, when they found out I think it seemed hard for their son to go out with a diabetics, and then I have taken away so much importance that on Friday Lev left out) the bad thing was yesterday a hicc30 and peak but there I went to the clamp.My husband says that I start screaming, to kick things.I don't remember anything ... I came back when he appeared with the glucagon in my hand to prick it ...

tica's profile photo
tica
04/06/2014 3:24 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I hope it works very well, more than 1 year ago that I use it, and although it costs a paste, it has spent so much time since the last strong hypo, which I do not remember even when it was!;-)

The alarms for when you are tall or low, they are a good help!

fer's profile photo
fer
04/06/2014 8:23 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

What MNC have you had before G4, Tica?
I had a descent of those of putting on an "aggressive" tad, so they told me they went to put the glucagon and grabbed it and folded the needle so they had to call the Samur because we had no other.
After this I went to the header to recipe 2 glucagones to replace the "bent" and another reserve just in case, well, the header did not want to make the recipe of the 2nd because it says that it is very rare that we put ourselvesaggressive, that with a descent of those we cannot even move to kick us .... I don't know if I would have a descent at that time but they wanted to give it 2 cakes with my hand open .... I think myCabacera doctor did not go to class the Dïa who talked about diabetes and hypoglycemia because I think it was the 1st they told my parents when they did the courses ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
04/06/2014 12:03 p.m.

Hi Tica, another "addict" more :).I think your experience is that of many.
I, with telling you that I have 2 receptors, and when I do the initialization (those 2 hours that I sincerely understand them) I put the other to work and change it, so that I do not stay those 2 hours without knowing how I am.It may be nonsense, but those 2 hours a week of "darkness", for me, usually end the glucose at 400 or a hypo ...

The initialization of 2 hours of "darkness" seems ridiculous to me: I understand that I need those 2 hours, but should continue to mark, with an alert that would not take these values ​​into account (and there each one, I would trust my eyesclosed) but I see no reason not to show the measures on screen.Don't you think ridiculous 2 hours without measurement?

Gala ... your experience very good ... Luckily I have never used glucagon in these 15 years of diabetes (I play wood, I never lost knowledge with a hypo ... well, I lie, only once, a weekto debut, and precisely in the diabetic "education" group ... I was sitting, and I appeared on the couch), but sometimes, given that attitude I think it is to play (and I will be politically correct) with whatThey want to hear ... I simply put myself in the situation that you use it one night (your husband, son, etc ...) puts it to you and you're going to look for another to have it in the fridge the next day, it seems to me the most logical(Unless there is some impediment that tells you that you can only use 1 a year, or if you fall 2 times it is "your problem and that something will be wrong").I say, huh?I understand that many times we don't understand each other.

I am glad that Novalab begins to move, I believe that we are as users of the Dexcom that they sell a lot, and to them, also that we are happy and use it.In the end, if we are many who "press", I hope the time comes, and they will have the strength to do so, and that they begin to press doctors and ss to finance it (I insist, it is not necessary to spend more, just change stripsReactive, by Dexcom sensors, you spend the same - imagine a "megasuse" of thousands of diabetics ... that has to be very tight -and above, you are much better controlled, which has an impact on a medium and long savingsterm).Personally, the times I have treated with them, it went well, and very correct.I do not come to judge prices (we all know what very expensive) but throughout Europe they move like this.Anyway, what we have said, if we do a good "symbiosis" we will all win, I hope they begin to press where necessary ... I also think they have experiences with insulin bombs (distribute them) so that if in theThere are justifications and money for those bombs, I think there should even be for continuous measurement, it's a matter of time ...

All the best

pabloj2000
04/06/2014 12:28 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I send you private my email @gala because I have not received anything of yours

pochola's profile photo
pochola
04/07/2014 5:51 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.