{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

Hi @jaume.The G4 transmitters are lasting 14 months, with a little luck you still have.Anyway, if you use XDRIP you can see the battery level in the app.They "die" when they go 170-175.And a new one is 215-216.Although keep in mind that in the end the number lows very derpisa.

About your question.No problem.You can change the transmitter and leave the breast.Only you will have to start a sensor and wait 2 hours (if you use the official receiver).Remember to change the transmitter number in the official receiver before Inar Sesnor again.And in xDrip also if you use the firmware (more modern) xbridge2.wxl

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/06/2017 11:20 a.m.

albertot said:
hello @jaume.The G4 transmitters are lasting 14 months, with a little luck you still have.Anyway, if you use XDRIP you can see the battery level in the app.They "die" when they go 170-175.And a new one is 215-216.Although keep in mind that in the end the number lows very derpisa.

About your question.No problem.You can change the transmitter and leave the breast.Only you will have to start a sensor and wait 2 hours (if you use the official receiver).Remember to change the transmitter number in the official receiver before Inar Sesnor again.And in xDrip also if you use the firmware (more modern) xbridge2.wxl

Thank you @albertot, because I have been connected to wait for a few days to wait for the notice, but I didn't know about the App's battery level, now I have seen it, I didn't know it was this.Now I have it 214 and I have been just the original receiver disconnected and I will look at the state of the system for when the level.
What I do not see is in the original receiver where the number is changed, unless you ask you when it detects that the other has run out.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
06/06/2017 12:56 p.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

@Jaume has a lot of battery then.
@jconegar if you only take away the transmitter and then you put it, it is not necessary to restart sensor.But if you change transmitter and use the official receiver if, otherwise you cannot change the transmitter number in the Dexcom receiver.At least in our model

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/06/2017 2:35 p.m.

albertot said:
@jaume you have a lot of battery then.
@jconegar if you only take away the transmitter and then you put it, it is not necessary to restart sensor.But if you change transmitter and use the official receiver if, otherwise you cannot change the transmitter number in the Dexcom receiver.At least in our model

You are right forgive, I was thinking about other issues.I have deleted the comment not to lite anyone.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/06/2017 6 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@"Jaume" you have to change in configuration, transmitter

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/06/2017 6:43 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hello:

I have the Dexcom G4 and XDrip.
I would like to know if I can consult the dates that I inserted the sensors, it is that I want to calculate how much they have lasted me but I did not take the account of the last 3, and now I can not remember them.
In the official program or from the XDrip app, is there any possibility of checking them?

Thank you

Tiver's profile photo
Tiver
07/02/2017 6:53 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

tiver said:
hello:

I have the Dexcom G4 and XDrip.
I would like to know if I can consult the dates that I inserted the sensors, it is that I want to calculate how much they have lasted me but I did not take the account of the last 3, and now I can not remember them.
In the official program or from the XDrip app, is there any possibility of checking them?

Thanks

In the mobile app at the beginning, the status of the system comes that information including the time.

Sorry, I thought you referred to the last one

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/02/2017 10:23 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Hello everyone, along with greeting them very cordially, I tell you that it is my first consultation in the forum.
Today I was talking with the people of Dexcom Chile, to see if we are going for a team and everything you already know, which is finally the cost that at least in Chile affects, since the State does not contribute at all.I would like to know if the sensors can be imported from the USA, since here in Chile the four per month cost 518 dollars for now.I am willing to assume the initial investment cost, but what squeezes my neck is the monthly cost of the sensors, I have an aunt in the USA who might bother, but I do not know how they also ask for the recipe, here in Chile they ask me for a recipeFor the initial sale, greetings for all
JUANTS greets them

Juant's profile photo
Juant
07/28/2017 8:30 p.m.

juant said:
hello everyone, along with greeting them very cordially, I tell you that it is my first consultation in the forum.
Today I was talking with the people of Dexcom Chile, to see if we are going for a team and everything you already know, which is finally the cost that at least in Chile affects, since the State does not contribute at all.I would like to know if the sensors can be imported from the USA, since here in Chile the four per month cost 518 dollars for now.I am willing to assume the initial investment cost, but what squeezes my neck is the monthly cost of the sensors, I have an aunt in the USA who might bother, but I do not know how they also ask for the recipe, here in Chile they ask me for a recipeFor the initial sale, greetings for all
Greets you Juant

Hi Juant, I would not know if it can be done or not.I am in the same situation, I have a family in the USA, and I have asked it, but in my case, I had to have insurance there, if not, I would have to pay everything in my pocket.
I am not being able to help you anymore.

Iagovd's profile photo
Iagovd
08/10/2017 1:35 p.m.

Hello everyone!I have been user of Dexcom three months ago, and the results cannot be better!My initial hemoglobin before Dexcom was 7.5.Three months later it was reduced to a 7 !!Taking into account that these three months lived in hotels, I ate in factory canteens what it played every day, and keeping the schedules rather little ... I can only say that the continuous measurement is very necessary !!I hope people begin to pressure and it is achieved that health ends it.Valencia and the Basque Country, I understand that they already finance Abott's freestyle, although I personally do not consider it "purely continuous" measurement "

Returning to Dexcom, for a few weeks I have been having problems with alarms.I have had several hypoglycemia, and after taking the necessary carbohydrates, after about 20 minutes the Dexcom continued to indicate a hypo (near the normal values) and at no time has any alarm sounded, despite being activated.The worst is at night.I have awakened with hyperglycemia and hypos, and not having heard any alarm, or not having learned ...

Some of you happened to any of you?How do you have the alarms configured?What do you do at night to listen to the alarms?

Thank you very much in advance!

Iagovd's profile photo
Iagovd
08/10/2017 1:43 p.m.

Hello!I would like to consult them, since after reading a lot of continuous pages with a lot of doubts, the G4 can be transformed, to put it in some way, in G5?I mean that in Nigthscouth, my husband who understands better than me, there found what consults them, and in other pages read that is recommended in over 18 years for something of an "algorithm" my son has 5 and we would like to get to usmeasurements to our cell phones when he is in the garden and we work.Thank you

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/06/2017 9:47 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

@Dani76, in order to be able to distances you first have to have a device called XDRIP (about € 70) to transform the radio signal with which the G4 transmitter emits in Bluetooth signal so that a mobile can be captured.
Then you have to install on an Android mobile the XDRIP + application that is where you will see the measurements, you will make a receiver so to speak.
Then you have to use Nightscout, it is a system that what it does is raise the measurements to the cloud (a virtual storage) so that then from any device you can download it in real time.
It seems very complicated but it is not at all.
More comfortable the G5 that you can do directly with an iPhone and share or with Android go from Nightscout without having to use the XDrip device but the XDRIP + application

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/06/2017 10:41 p.m.

Hello @dani76 the Dexcom G4 with a box called XDrip can make the glycemia pass to an Android mobile and from there to the Nightcout website and from there to any other mobile or computer.You would have something similar to G5 but always needing to carry the XDRIP box.With the G5 the transmitter speaks directly with the mobile via Bluetooth without the need for xDrip, but it is much more expensive.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
10/06/2017 10:43 p.m.

gala said:
@dani76, in order to be able to distortIn Bluetooth signal so that a mobile can capture it.
Then you have to install on an Android mobile the XDRIP + application that is where you will see the measurements, you will make a receiver so to speak.
Then you have to use Nightscout, it is a system that what it does is raise the measurements to the cloud (a virtual storage) so that then from any device you can download it in real time.
It seems very complicated but it is not at all.
More comfortable G5 that you can do directly with an iPhone and share or with Android go from Nightscout without having to use the XDrip apparatus but the XDRip +
application> application>

Dexcom G5 can already be used with Android mobiles, that is, the mobile that accompanies the person carrying the Android sensor.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/06/2017 11:43 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Thanks for the answers!Super clear.The following happened to me: in my country they do not sell G4 or G5.A friend who traveled to Spain, brought me the receiver and four G5 transmitters, in my neighboring country they sell the G4, as the sensors are the same I am to travel to buy them, I did not want to bother my friend to ask for so many things.After all this mess, I read about the G4 and the pisability that I send to cell phones, then I think: when I finish the 4 G5 transmitters, I think it will be easier to buy the G4 in my neighborhood, so I do not bother anyone to ask me to bring meThings, and make me send our cell phones.
The issue is that I read that it is not recommended in children under 18 years of an algorithm, does anyone know anything?My son is 5 years old.Thank you!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/06/2017 11:57 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

@"Dani76", here in Spain a lot of children are used without any problem.

@"jconegar", there is already an app for Android but it only works on the newest phones (Samsung S6, S7 and S8 and some more brand)

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/07/2017 12:13 p.m.

Thanks for your answers !!My husband will get to work then!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
10/07/2017 3:01 p.m.

Argentina

gala said:
@"dani76", here in Spain they use a lot of children without any problem.

@"jconegar", there is already an app for Android but it only works on the newest phones (Samsung S6, S7 and S8 and Anguna more brand) and a pirate vversion but I have not tried it

There is an unofficial app that already works gala;) tested by two people with G5 from here

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
10/07/2017 8:02 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Iagovd said:
returning to Dexcom, for a few weeks I have been having problems with alarms.I have had several hypoglycemia, and after taking the necessary carbohydrates, after about 20 minutes the Dexcom continued to indicate a hypo (near the normal values) and at no time has any alarm sounded, despite being activated.The worst is at night.I have awakened with hyperglycemia and hypos, and not having heard any alarm, or not having learned ...

Some of you happened to any of you?How do you have the alarms configured?What do you do at night to listen to the alarms?

Thank you very much in advance!
Hi @"Iagovd"
To listen to my son's Dexcom alarms at night, what we do is curious but effective:
We leave the Dexcom receiver (the black apparatus that vibrates) next to a mobile in which we have installed an application of the many that are detection ... of earthquakes!As soon as the device vibrates, the mobile alarm jumps that, logically, configures it with the sound and volume you want.Et voilà!

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
10/10/2017 9:28 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Good, I am new in the forum and I have registered because I have read this comment of the Dexcom G4.

I have been carrying it for a year and the truth is that I am very happy, I have quite facilitated the control of my diabetes since I had many hypoglycemia.

The price offered by Novalab is as follows:

STK-GL-008 RECEPOR COM.Dexcom G4 Platinu 1 595 €
STT-GL-004 Transmitter Comp.dexcom G4platinu 1 392.00 €
STS-GF-004 DEXCOM Sensors G4/G5- 4 UNID.€ 1 340.00

If you need more information, no problem in facilitating it.

Antonio20 said:
good night.I have contacted Novalab here in Spain to ask the Dexcom G4 price and they have told me that the receiver, the transmitter and a sensor 1300 euros +VAT.

The 4 sensor box 340 euros (I don't know if with or without VAT).I have read in the forum that Dexcomo Seven is around 300 euros, so the price of G4 has left me frozen (I was willing to buy it even if it did not use it every month, but 1300+VAT is an investment ...)

Any idea where could (if you can) buy it cheaper?In the US (although to sell it here they ask for a letter of conformity of your doctor, did not even know how to do it ...)?
Thanks and greetings

Edito: I answer myself.In the US it is cheaper, but as a medical prescription is needed here, so although today a friend has come out and will be 15 days I fear that I will not be able to buy it :-(

serrat's profile photo
serrat
10/31/2017 12:06 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.