{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

Hi Jconegar ... I also think, very interesting about the upper part of the "culete" ... exactly to which side do you put, back or lateral?Of course it is a much more discreet way to bring the transmitter in summer, no doubt ... and if it lasts more ... I already commented on my experience, so that we can see that each one is totally different in the dexcom, toMy on the right side of the abdomen makes me better and they last me more (just the opposite than you)

all the best

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
08/11/2014 11:01 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

The last one also put it in the buttock for the same reason.It lasted 4 weeks and 2 days, and I took it off because the area began to hurt ... I had some infection and now it has left me a horrible scar.For me, the best place the shoulder-opper ... but in summer bad, everyone asked ....

tica's profile photo
tica
08/11/2014 11:16 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Shoulder-hoplatus ??Almost in the "paletilla" as they say popularly?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/11/2014 11:46 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Well, to see with this drawing if I more or less explain it to you.Well in the drawing I may not put it very well, I put it right in the middle of each gluteo and when I feel the sensor never touches the seat.
This is the third summer that I carry and we are already happy, it is more I would tell you that in the gluteo it takes me much less than in my belly, it is true that I do running and Mountain bike and soy a lot, maybe that's why there inGluteo is doing better, for now I have not had to use any type of adhesive or tape, while when I carried it in my belly, I had to scrub the adhesive strips or put on the tape.
There I was afraid in the glute, I did not do sports day, or I run an hour or mountain bike for 3 to 4 hours, I usually alternate, and I have not had any problem with wearing there the sensor riding on the bike.
Well there you have my experience I hope it serves you.
All the best.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/11/2014 noon

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Tica 4 weeks ????Let's go to me or in dreams, I don't know if the same would happen to me if the same would endure, as maximum 17 days.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/11/2014 12:02 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/11/2014 12:13 p.m.

Sorry, do you mean there?or under the armpit?at chest height?
Thank you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/11/2014 1:38 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Uffff I don't know but don't do it, but hey, as I am a boy and I don't have a bra, I would have to put a tape that would avoid rubbing with my arm covering the entire sensor.
I'm going to try it in winter to see the duration there, I need to get me a little more.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/11/2014 1:54 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Gala I don't understand how do you indicate the placement, if you use any Internet photo, could you tell me how I did in the previous photos I have put?If I put it under the armpit at chest height, the arm would touch it.
Thank you so much.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/11/2014 2:16 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

hello
I write little because little I connect ... but I saw this on the face and I encouraged
My 4 -year -old son is put on the forearm ... but more than 19 days or crazy.
The first time I put it in my belly and lasted 34 days ....
In the ass I already carried the pump's catheter and care I must have with the pants, do not meimagino there the sensor ... so I carry it over the pants ... in that Lorcilla above the hip and usually endure me 18-19 days ... today I carry 15 ... Let's see ...
The bra to my tb tine me very intrigued ... because I have the ribs or I don't understand you ....
By the way I have spoken to you for the thread of parents, I go to the base camp of Everest !!I know that he is seen by a xurimia ... but for me I can assure you that it is a challenge ... with three ... without separating from Dario since I debut and the Peke either ... and the physical form ..Well, little time I have ... so ... let's see what comes out of all this
I hope to connect before I go
Greetings to all

Van's profile photo
Van
08/11/2014 2:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/11/2014 2:57 p.m.

Hello ... Well, the photo very clear ... you will have to try one there.
The truth is that the "tests" with the Dexcom, are very afraid -at least to Mi -and that is to think about what each sensor costs, and a possible failure, because ... it hurts, morally and economically.

The durations ... envy that you give me almost all ... I am satisfied with the 14 days, and occasionally 17-18.In my case they do not flutter at all, it is systematic.I would like to take it out 4 weeks ... already ...

On some occasion I have put it, for me, one of the causes of duration (apart from having it well attached to the body, in my case that is not a problem) is the "wear" of ups and downs ... with very glycemiaStable (table type, without alarms, or peaks, no arrows) I think it lasts much more.

greetings

pabloj2000
08/11/2014 4:10 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

van said:
Hello
I write little because little I connect ... but I saw this on the face and I encouraged
My 4 -year -old son is put on the forearm ... but more than 19 days or crazy.
The first time I put it in my belly and lasted 34 days ....
In the ass I already carried the pump's catheter and care I must have with the pants, do not meimagino there the sensor ... so I carry it over the pants ... in that Lorcilla above the hip and usually endure me 18-19 days ... today I carry 15 ... Let's see ...
The bra to my tb tine me very intrigued ... because I have the ribs or I don't understand you ....
By the way I have spoken to you for the thread of parents, I go to the base camp of Everest !!I know that he is seen by a xurimia ... but for me I can assure you that it is a challenge ... with three ... without separating from Dario since I debut and the Peke either ... and the physical form ..Well, little time I have ... so ... let's see what comes out of all this
I hope to connect before I go
Greetings to all

You go to the basket of Everest .... Q envies !!Preparation is needed, but it can be done!And are you going with these diabetic groups or on your own?What a guay!What Diego there are people who compare it to get on Everest and like Q no ... but it has to be a wonderful trip

tica's profile photo
tica
08/11/2014 7:46 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Joer, that of sites, you have intrigued me.I like the culete, but the pants have to have them very fixed at the waist, as they are a bit cagonchos, it will give you and bother you, I suppose, right?

The one below the armpit on the side, I don't know, I barely have chicha, it will not bother much?Or when you lower your arm and you have to always be with your arms in jug.

What do you refer to the shoulder?On the back at the top?If there is no girl.

Put foticos to guide us, it is not necessary to be yours, you look for one of the Internet and put an arrow.

I will discard it in principle, because it bothers me.I take the car a lot and exercise (spinning, weights, football ...)

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
08/12/2014 7:46 a.m.

Hellooo
Tica yes, I go with Diabetics to Everest, with Josu Feijoo ... And of course it has nothing to do ... hahaha ... climb to the base camp is trekking ... keep Everest you already have to be an mountaineer!
The ribs ... I give me grima huh .... there I only have a piety ... for the moment I keep the lumbar ... and if to prove at that price it gives panic !!
The duration and oscillations could already be, I am more plan but my Peke is a roller coaster and if they last less.
All the best

Van's profile photo
Van
08/12/2014 9:57 a.m.

In the lumbar too?The Virgin, you need to put it on one foot.For now I am interested in the shoulder omoplation, tell me more.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
08/12/2014 10:13 a.m.

In the foot .. uhmmm, everything will walk, hahaha !!It's all a matter of trying ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/12/2014 1:17 p.m.

The Everest ... that envies and that merit

About places ... If I remember correctly, Dexcom at first what he developed was a "graft" that transmitted the glucose level, that is, internally, instead of carrying it superficially ... and possibly it was viable, that is,Let's think about the Seven Plus transmitter that lasts 2 years and peak, or reduced by half and lasting 1 year and something ... little more than a button battery, inserted under the skin ... and you forgot about sensors, adhesives, adhesives,Not anything for a year.The idea is of course good.The fact is that what they got is what we know.
I say this because surely the next site that is missing is that ... under the skin!

greetings

pabloj2000
08/12/2014 1:47 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Banhop to see before the gluteo, for two years I have practically put it in the belly without any problem, well the duration as a maximum of 13 days more less, weird 14, I am a Indoor cycle monitor and I have become in aMaster 6 hours without getting out of the bike and without any problem.I also go out with the Mountain Bike and the durations of the routes are like a minimum of 3 hours, it is normal for them to be 4 hours.I also do running but it is true that I do at most 1 hour or 1.15.For the sport, do not stop putting it there, it is also true that because of the sweat in the belly I have always had to use adhesive or tape because it is taking off, in gluteo, this is the third that I carry and I have not had to use anything,It does not take off and that I am also now in beach and pool.
The pants if I take them subject to the waist I do not carry them fallen, look at the drawings I put before where I put them on.
When summer ends I am going to try where the friend Gala has indicated to see how such, what I want to get is more the sensor.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/12/2014 7:24 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

In the ribs, it gives me a little thing, but it is a matter of trying.Since we are, as you do a lot of bike, can you recommend that you do guidelines at the time of exercise?
I go to the gym, usually about 180, and first of all I take a Aquarius, and then at night because I do not sulked me fast insulin.
What I get with this is Russian mountains that you don't see me, that if at 300, that if you go down.
What should I take before starting the gym (in the afternoon around 7:00 pm)?
I should click quickly before dinner considering that the exercise makes the glucose much later?

Thank you.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
08/13/2014 6:48 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.