{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

By the way ... Fix if this has "future", passing since the endocrine that takes us can be connected to our dexcom in real time at any time and see how we are going, we are, send ourselves automatically suggestions, etc ... (byAssumption, our "private" endocrine, the public sector, mostly - except honorable exceptions - even "goes" with the librettite and the pen).By the way, a "good" endocrine already told me about cloud (the cloud) and these devices months ago, which is where we are going to end ... again, advanced to its time.

But, thinking about parents ... that is going to be bestial ... Can you imagine, that you are "healthy", carrying the clock, or a receiver anywhere, knowing at all times how your son is?In the school, sleeping ... no matter the place, reacting yourself to hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia (move, called by tlf, etc ...)
And let's remember that when a child is diabetic, there are really 3 diabetics in that family, the child, and the parents ...

That said, being reluctant, for many, I see immense advantages and future in the cloud.Personally I am satisfied with having a clock like the one in the photo that marks me as the Dexcom (I would not need to transmit data to the cloud), but I also admit that for certain activities (in what touches me, circulate on a motorcycle through the field alone, fishing in lonely rivers .... It would also be a plus since my wife could monitor me or consult whether there is any problem).

Future, has a future ...

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
07/11/2014 1:04 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

It will arrive!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/11/2014 2:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Any experience on the beach with Dexcom?Do you know if salt water can damage it?
Thank you.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
07/14/2014 10:19 a.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

Today we have returned to spend 15 days on the beach and we have not even had to change the sensor @aaandres
The child has bathed as a "beast" every day a few times.It has also been revolted with the sand and everything you can imagine of a three -year -old boy on the beach hehe.
With putting an extra fastening every day it has been enough for us to keep it alive

renoca's profile photo
renoca
07/15/2014 10:42 p.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)
Levemir: 3-3 | Humalog: 3-2-2 | Dexcom G4
HbA1c (17/12/2014) -> 5,7%

What do you reinforce, @renoca ???

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/15/2014 11:36 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Thanks @renoca.Let's see if we have the same luck.
I'm also interested in knowing what you reinforce it.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
07/17/2014 8:10 a.m.

Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

What better water, tegaderm or fixomull ???

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/17/2014 9:30 p.m.

@aaandres @gala, we simply put one of these: http: //www.farmacia24365.es/productos-sanitarios/4987549-cosmopor-esteril-aposito-10x8-cm.html
We changed it every morning before going to the beach and, as I told you, the sensor has lasted us 23 days in total, including the 15 days of vacation included.

renoca's profile photo
renoca
07/20/2014 1:10 p.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)

Thank you very much, @renoca.
Did you cut or cover the issuer directly?

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
07/21/2014 6:50 a.m.

@aaandres, we cover it directly.The size allows the dressing sticker to surround the sensor without problems.

renoca's profile photo
renoca
07/21/2014 7:34 a.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)

Good, how does it last for so long?For now those that I have used have not happened to me 10 days, and suffering, the latter on the 7th the interrogations began to leave, I ignored him and at two hours more or less I worked again.The interrogations came out several times, but at the time working again.However, after the ten day I was directly a message from changing the sensor.I gave him a sensor again, but after the two hours he needs, the interrogations followed and after the night with interrogations I decided to take it out.Is there any way to relive it more?

By the way, I have put it on my arm with Fixomull (that pain when removing it, as it hits that it takes) and great, super comfortable, not as in the abdomen that bothered me when driving.I have also taken an adhesive elastic bandage that they sell in the flesh -colored pharmacies and I have turned it around to cover it.Super discreet, many people did not even realize and who realized thought that I was covered by a tatto.:)

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
08/05/2014 7:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Banhop, sometimes when restarting it we also get the interrogations before the two hours of waiting, we simply restart it and try not to separate much sensor and receiver.
The interrogations mean nothing in principle, says the Dexcom manual itself, it is simply receiving data that you do not know how to interpret at that time.
When we listened to them we also had a duration of approximately 10 days, but we have learned to be patient with them and now we are between 21 and 28 days per sensor.

As an example I put the last restart of the sensor we have made (third of it).We had to do it three times, since the first two came out the interrogations before two hours, well, this week (we have been with him for 5 days) the interrogations and the measurements are almost almost once they are being almostexact compared to capillaries.If we had not had patience we would have lost a sensor in very good condition.

renoca's profile photo
renoca
08/05/2014 9:34 a.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)

I have sinned as a rookie, then if questions come out, if it comes out, the sensor changes, restart, if they leave before two hours questions restart again.

How long do you consider appropriate to discard it?

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
08/05/2014 10:29 a.m.

We discard it when the repetition of the interrogations is too much, for example 4-5 times the same day accompanied that, when it measures, the measurements are not very successful ... you have to spin very fine !!!The price of the sensors is not for less ...;)

renoca's profile photo
renoca
08/05/2014 10:36 a.m.

Diabético "tipo 3"
Padre de Ilai (4 años)

Then the fixomull sticks well ???It endures you well in the water?It is to buy it because with the water everything I have tried is taken away.
If it is to bathe in the Pisci or on the best whole tapo, right?Because I cease that the problem is that I get water through the window and there the water begins and then they take off

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/05/2014 4:40 p.m.

I put on fixomull and I have bathed in a pool and in the shower and without problem, it is also true that I have not been prolonged in the pool, but you do not see me what hurt me when I took it out of the arm, Joer, I took all thePelillosIf the convicted person hit well.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
08/06/2014 6:01 a.m.

Hello, how are you ... as Banhop I use the Fixomull and is going wonderfully (and it is many years), in addition, if you buy the 10mx10cm roll, it goes quite a lot, much more than any of those very expensive patches.He sticks very well, sometimes, especially in summer, hits so well that to get it out, it seems part of the "skin."

Banhop, the theme of the duration, is very particular from each ... I take 2 weeks systematically (one more day from time to time, never less), but there are people here who take 3 or 4 ... and someThey do not get more than 8-9 days (I think sports influences negatively, if not well stuck).

I also tell you that it is a matter of looking for the most appropriate position ... in the abdomen on the right side, it always lasts more and makes me better ... On the left side, it hardly reaches 2 weeks...

The theme of the?Hours! Now I "jump"-, I don't fight.
If they appear at the beginning, then do, give it time and sure that it is solved ... if they appear at the end of life, years ago I fought, restarted, expected .... total .. to get ... nothing (2Days more fighting with him ... It is also true that economically 2 days are appreciated), now when they reach the end of life ... how much I see one ???The liquid, and normally before that, I already start losing the arrows, even with measurements ... and I am already mentalized to change it.

In the Dexcom, each person is a world ... a foreign friend has taken 58 days!..

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
08/06/2014 7:56 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hello everyone, I have a user of the Dexcom for two years and two months.First I had the Seven and shortly to buy it, the G4 came out.
Well the sensors have lasting the same in both models.I have been a year and 9 months, putting it alone in the belly, the duration on the left side was about 11 or 12 days at most and on the right side about 9 days.
In June of this year I did not feel like when I went to the beach that everyone stared at me as if it were Robocop, everyone's eyes went to the sensor and that was that of Seven was much smaller, II saw this year that I was going to be uncomfortable to go to the beach or the pool.
The fact is that I had the doubt of putting it in the upper gluteo (when I feel clear is the sensor does not touch the seat), then it!The sensors last about 16 or 17 days, both on the left and right side, for now I carry 3 test and all the same.
The sensors have not lasted less to bathe on the beach with them, well in beach and pool every day.
It is true that I have a healthy envy of all to those who last longer and I'm glad a lot because the purchase of the sensors takes away from life both and my family, but it is true that the famous hypoglycemiaThat they are so difficult to avoid I have not suffered again for more than two years.
When the interrogations come out and they do not take off in one day I already take off the sensor, the truth that I have never tried to leave it longer.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/10/2014 6:50 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Mmm interesting, I hadn't thought about the upper buttock.Maybe I try the next there.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
08/11/2014 8:58 a.m.

You might see comments that the upper gluteus part is only for children but it has been great.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/11/2014 11 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.