{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

Good night.I have contacted Novalab here in Spain to ask the Dexcom G4 price and they have told me that the receiver, the transmitter and a sensor 1300 euros +VAT.

The 4 sensor box 340 euros (I don't know if with or without VAT).I have read in the forum that Dexcomo Seven is around 300 euros, so the price of G4 has left me frozen (I was willing to buy it even if it did not use it every month, but 1300+VAT is an investment ...)

Any idea where could (if you can) buy it cheaper?In the US (although to sell it here they ask for a letter of conformity of your doctor, did not even know how to do it ...)?
Thanks and greetings

Edito: I answer myself.In the US it is cheaper, but as a medical prescription is needed here, so although today a friend has come out and will be 15 days I fear that I will not be able to buy it :-(

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Antonio20, I have been fed up with all this diabetes;I am rebellious, boring, disgusted and fed up.And I want more than ever a continuous meter.And I will start collecting opinions about the G4 Platinum, which seems to me that it is a better device than the "normal" Dexcom.As for the price, I think you should not focus on the price of the initial pack.because the problem of this device is that of its consumables.and it is the same (hypercaro) have the normal Dexcom or the G4.With the famous Euro-Dólar conversion.1: 1 so badly applied in this stab Country, it is more expensive here than there.

in the end.I still behind the subject too.Forped in the forum of any news regarding your process and your purchase decision, please.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/07/2013 9:43 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hello
I have been with the G4 for almost a month, and I am still with the K sensors I gave me Novalab, I am quite happy and I have been informing to bring it from the USA, they are $ 60.
On Ebay they also leave from time to time, but as I have so little I have not caught it yet.

Any little thing you tell me ;-)

Solete82's profile photo
Solete82
01/17/2013 4:25 p.m.

Solete82, how long do the sensors last?Do you say that each one goes to 60 euros more or less?And are they really better than those of the Dexcom Seven?Would you recommend the device?Have you had problems with the sensors when putting them?in the end.I would ask so many questions ...

I think those who have this device should do an analysis of it and put it here.So that others have a reliable info of first hand before deciding.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/18/2013 8:50 a.m.

Hello
I have been with the G4 for almost a month, and I am still with the K sensors I gave me Novalab, I am quite happy and I have been informing to bring it from the USA, they are $ 60.
On Ebay they also leave from time to time, but as I have so little I have not caught it yet.

Any little thing you tell me;-)

Solete82, I fervently wish that you appear !!!:-) I want to know more about your G4!I would like to publish a post in which you talk about him in more detail.We are several who are thinking about buying one and we are expectant to know if the G4 really is as good as they paint it.

I would like to know your experiences of use ... If the sensor is different ... if the emitter now with more reach is larger ... If you notice more precision in the hypos ... where you buy the sensors in the US and how much youDoes it cost with shipping included ... Can you buy sensors to an American website and send them here without medical prescription?Can you illustrate us on the subject of the purchase of sensors there?Anyway, many questions ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/19/2013 4:22 a.m.

Gondrullo, you have tried to talk to Novalab's to see if they let you try ... I am something that I have pending, they told me that those who have the old Dexcom would have a special price, but I still have sensors andI prefer to wait ... I still would like to try it before, to pay all the gossip again ...

Buying sensors in the US is Chungo, on Ebay they remove them (because it is medical material) and there is no website that send it to Spain ...

tica's profile photo
tica
02/19/2013 6:36 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Tica, I have a Dexcom since yesterday.But the Seven.I will be worth the idea and compare it with the Guardian, that the truth, I did not like it.Neither the software, nor the hardware, nor the sensor-emitter.The dexcom a priori seems better to me.And I already have the sensors that have come to me today, but I have no one to put it to me :- (I have asked in another thread what dress I must buy to make sure that the two weeks of rigor is stuck, because 90 euros per sensorIt is a real madness.that I buy it the G4 ... for the moment, we will see if I get the first sensor of the Dexcom Seven!

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/19/2013 9:53 a.m.

Tica, if you have the dexcom ... I don't know what you expect.:-) I would not doubt it if you really have tried it and that's fine.Because this is better without a doubt.Yesterday I spoke with the endocrine that the Seven lent me and said that it is effectively more accurate in hypos.The issuer has more scope ... more comfortable to carry ... Anyway, which is better without a doubt.
What I wanted to know is: the sender is the same?How long?And how much is worth?Is it larger =?The placement system has improved?Is it simpler?more difficult?or what?I have a few questions and that's why I wanted people to have a G4 to tell it here.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/19/2013 10:12 a.m.

Here I leave the link to a post with more information about the Dexcom G4

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
02/19/2013 2:31 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Fer, but in the end you tried it ????

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/20/2013 3:34 a.m.

Here I leave the link to a post with more information about the Dexcom G4

Greetings,

I have already entered and left you more questions.You have many things to tell us about that device.And of course, photos and photos to contribute :-)

We are waiting anxiously for a appellant's review ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
02/20/2013 11:30 a.m.

A photo where can your size be seen?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/20/2013 12:13 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Does it warn of nocturnal hypos?Can it be programmed to warn below 60?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/20/2013 12:15 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Good question, I have the Dexcom G4 but when I have been doing strange things for a week or so, they begin to appear ???or the sand watch.Has this ever happened to you?In Novalab they say it is a few hours that everything returns to normal but it is rare that it happened to me in 2 sensors and with the expensive ones that are the sensors there is not the thing to throw rockets.
Do you have some similar experience?

laurita11977's profile photo
laurita11977
10/17/2013 7:29 a.m.

Hello, let's see if I can answer you more or less;
Take the Dexcom Seven in 2010 that left me in the hospital to try it.The sensor's duration was one week but it takes it a whole month.Jose put my nurse and I endure until I fell into my shower.The truth is that Flipe with the information he gave us.That was in December 2010 and in February 2011 I bought it.It is expensive of balls, that is true but since I carry it it is when I have the theme of hypoglycemia (asymptomatic totally), I realize when I fall round, I have come to see "Low" in the glucometer.
I have since had two annual provisions with Novalab, with the Seven the box of 4 sensors it happens to you about 300 and peak to about 270, which is savings, they send it to you when you ask and usually reach you the daynext to ask for it (except weekends).Subscription comes out for 2000 long but let you pay it in two or more times without problems ...
The Seven fuck me and there was no way to repair it, I would take about six months and I had three boxes of sensors, they sent me a new one until they were exhausted in a loan plan and they told me that they were withdrawing by the G4.
I wanted the Dexcom Seven, but for that time the animas appeared that it is the one I have now.Total I was offered to change the sensors that I had left of the Seven for those of the G4, which I accept, I bought the new transmitter and since then.
The sensors are practically the same in both and are placed the same, the transmitter is a bit taller but does not bother so much.I now have been put in my thighs for a year, so that the skin of the gut can rest, and give less problems ????that the Seven, although they also say that lasts less ... we'll see
I endure them 15 days, the first 10 or 12 goes from cinema, but when the skin begins to irritate, it begins to give problems but of course the sensors are designed for 7 days but the price is not.
They have an alarm that you cannot remove for when you reach 60, and when you are 50 you wake up (at night) to you and the whole house, in short that while I work I plan to pay it for it, I take off whims and spend it in peace of mind...

Vidalete's profile photo
Vidalete
10/17/2013 9:24 a.m.

How are PDF or photos attached in the forum?

Vidalete's profile photo
Vidalete
10/17/2013 9:25 a.m.

Thanks for the information, Vidalet.My daughter is living alone and it would be very good.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/17/2013 12:04 p.m.

Vidalete said:
How are PDF or photos attached in the forum?

Look at the "Attach file" option that appears next to "return", which appears when you write a message at the bottom, at the "Send comment" button, if you give it, the file selection screen will appear toSend, select it and be attached to the message, I will do it and attach the screenshot.

The attached file appears at the foot of the message.

fer's profile photo
fer
10/17/2013 1:46 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello, is anyone interested in buying an annual sensor offer for the Dexcom G4?
I explain, the offer is 7 boxes that you have to have all requested within 1 year.The truth is that savings is considerable, € 18 in sensor.
My problem is that a sensor between 3-4 weeks is last and if you have the account in almost 2 years with 7 boxes (28 sensors) and that is, I would consume 4 boxes in 1 year (deadline you have to remove themall) and 3 for the next, so far without problem, the problem is that at the end of that year I would have to ask for the 3 boxes together and here is the problem: the expiration date, these would have to find them almost a yearAnd I don't know if it will be possible that you have so much.
That is why I have thought about buying the offer with another person I have asking as we are consuming.
What do you think of the idea?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/24/2014 3:57 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Q those of Novalab how to read this message will be pissed away .... hahaha

How much does the box cost in this way?

tica's profile photo
tica
02/24/2014 7:21 a.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.