{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

tiver said:
good to all:

I have several issues about the Dexcom G4.I have been 1 year.Use Skintac and at first Hydrofilm but not anymore, it was very apparent to me and I also entered water.

- Duration of the sensor: I have used as 35, and making the average lasts for me 11 days.The one that was 17 but was already crazy with many hours without measures and after 12 hours without calibrating, giving very distant measures (50) with the glucometer.Other times when I climbed very fast or going down I continued with that trend without stopping to very high or low values, when in reality I had stabilized in lower values.
How can I lengthen useful life?I have tried the sensor in arms, abdomen, upper part of the buttock, and where I last the most in my arms.Do you have tricks: Always have it covered, dry the transmitter after shower, etc.?

Those who say that it lasts 33 days or window long, all that time does the sensor work 24h?Or do you have long periods with the hourglass or the symbols "???".

- What other areas have you tried?I have read in the dorsal but I don't know what area exactly, because I see it very uncomfortable to sleep, even the arm is sometimes.In the buttock I did not like my pants and when driving I am very bothered.

- Calibration: Why sometimes when calibrating it, before it marks you 100, you look at it for blood and you have it 140 for example? And you put that value, then the Dexcom stays at 112 for example.

Thank you

All the best

I have only used the arm and I have taken it out of 14 days, in the first up to 41 days the last one I have used.Always in the arm, clean well with alcohol, Skin Tac, let a moment dry, place and press well, again Skin Coc on top of the sensor and around, let it dry for a moment and finally tegaderm with a window in the middle so thatThe sensor is exposed.All this in the arm area that does not catch the muscle, I do it to whether the first two I have between 28 and 41 days and working well, when it starts to fool the change and ready.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
02/24/2017 7:26 a.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

Jaume is surprising what lasts.Now the latter, I have put it like this: cleaning with alcohol of the area, let dry, Skin Tac, let dry, the sensor, above Skin Tac, and I have covered everything with Hydrofilm.

Fully isolated, because I have always thought that the daily showers had a useful life, since once, after time and long shower, I have taken the sensor's transmitter and everything was wet that makes contact.

Yes, I also try to avoid muscle.

Greetings

Tiver's profile photo
Tiver
02/24/2017 11:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

To me some 37 days although the average is 4 weeks

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/25/2017 6 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

tiver said:
jaume because it is surprising what lasts you.Now the latter, I have put it like this: cleaning with alcohol of the area, let dry, Skin Tac, let dry, the sensor, above Skin Tac, and I have covered everything with Hydrofilm.

Fully isolated, because I have always thought that the daily showers had a useful life, since once, after time and long shower, I have taken the sensor's transmitter and everything was wet that makes contact.

Yes, I also try to avoid muscle.

Greetings

In my opinion always better to leave a window, because if you cover it more and it is more difficult to evapono problem.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
02/26/2017 7:30 a.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

Good night compis of Dexcom!I just removed the second sensor because the receiver has been with interrogations all day despite restarting the sensor, and I have seen that I have as a red and irritated granite that itches just at the point of insertion of the sensor.I just hydrated it with a lot of cream and it doesn't look so much.With the first sensor it didn't happen to me.
Has it ever happened to you?I didn't take enough pinch when I put on the sensor?

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
02/26/2017 11:09 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Hello.
I have been just 1 year with the transmitter, I suppose it will have very little life left.How is the notice?or will I receive type reading failures ???increasingly recurring?

Thank you

PD Maritxu22 I think it is normal, something similar happened to me, not a grain itself, but if the area where the reddish filament was and a little irritated with slight itching but in a short time it took me away although the brand staysa long time

Tiver's profile photo
Tiver
02/27/2017 11:12 p.m.

tiver said:
hello.
I have been just 1 year with the transmitter, I suppose it will have very little life left.How is the notice?or will I receive type reading failures ???increasingly recurring?

Thank you

PD Maritxu22 I think it is normal, something similar happened to me, not a grain itself, but if the area where the reddish filament was and a little irritated with slight itching but in a short time it took me away although the brand staysA long time

If you have original Dexcom receiver, let you know a few days before.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/27/2017 11:51 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hello good,

A question with the Dexcom and the airports ... Does it spoil when passing through the arch?Can you refuse to happen?Pita?
I go to Japan this summer and I intend to take it.I also asked Novalab to see what they tell me.

Thank you

piruha's profile photo
piruha
02/28/2017 3:29 p.m.

DM1 desde 1987 (con 3 años)
Lantus y Humalog
Dexcom g5

Without problem but just in case a doctor's report telling us that it is a medical apparatus

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/28/2017 4:19 p.m.

Thanks Gala, I referred rather to whether the receiver/transmitter/sensor spoiled well for going through the rays, or by doing it for the arch.They have answered Dexcom.I leave the summary of what they have told me in case it is useful:

Transmitter : Not allowed either X -rays, or body scanner, nor CT.No problem in security arches.
receptor and sensor : just like the transmitter

You can jump the alarm when passing through the arch, so you should notify security personnel.

What I do not know is if they will let you happen with the sensor spare parts that you carry for the arch, when they do not allow you or pass a jacket ...

piruha's profile photo
piruha
03/01/2017 11:34 a.m.

Lantus y Humalog
Dexcom g5

I have never had problems, I have put them in the hand suitcase and they have never told me anything to nor lis have made me take out.
Regarding the RX, RNM and CT we are several that we have tried here and removing the transmitter and leaving only the sensor has nothing happened but everyone who does what he thinks should ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/01/2017 12:07 p.m.

But when putting them in the hand suitcase, you have passed them through the scanner, right?

piruha's profile photo
piruha
03/01/2017 12:34 p.m.

Lantus y Humalog
Dexcom g5

Yes, of course but they have not said anything, I noticed, they caught my attention for a mini thermal water boat that I had that they said that I had a gas, you see the nonsense and instead x the needles of the feathers, feathers and sensors not

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/01/2017 2:40 p.m.

But according to Novalab, I would have to go through the security arc: receiver, the sensor that you wear with the clear transmitter, and the sensor that you take a spare understand that also ... I do not know if with a medical justification it will be worth to avoid to avoidPass all that for the scanner ... I also traveled in Avion (4 aircraft) and had all these doubts that you have raised piruha@

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
03/01/2017 5:36 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

He has a medical report saying that it is a medical device that you use due to your diabetic status (to put the brand) and voila.Without problems.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
03/01/2017 6:19 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I have gone through security arches in airports with free freestyle and with Dexcom and nothing has never happened.He has neither pidded nor stopped working well.
Last week he came from Munich and have already removed the arches and make you go through the track that turns around you.As it was the first time I went through one of those I warned it to the security that was there and told me there was no problem.Upon passing to me to look at the image that comes out when doing is Scanner and I saw that he pointed out two 2 cents that I left in a pocket by mistake, but in the arm where I carry the Dexcom nothing came out."You see nothing happens."The German is very nice, because sometimes each one touches you ...

nachemi's profile photo
nachemi
03/02/2017 1:14 p.m.

I have seen a photo of a kind of receiver _ Dexcom clock on the wrist.
Do you know what that receiver is and what is done?
It seems very practical, but I think it is not sold with the Dexcom

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/02/2017 8:35 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina, I have this, it's a peble

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/02/2017 9:47 p.m.

Hala !!What happened.I will teach my daughter, who is nothing friendly to wear anything, but I think he will like it;)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/02/2017 9:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
hala !!What happened.I will teach my daughter, who is nothing friendly to wear anything, but I think he will like it;)

That gala watch is a pass !!!!!!Besides it is superb !!!A great person we know helped us both to put that sphere because there was no one;) in the Pebble Round, let me put me gala flowers !!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/03/2017 12:56 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.