{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

Sometimes I use this too but it does not endure many days the water although it is more comfortable and gives less picazon than the other one who told you.
@Gala
Link PXXXXCDXFXXQ6XFXXX/BSN-HYPAFIX-NON-WOVEN-ADhesive-tape-rol.jpg

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/30/2017 5:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!
@Valky, the Dexcom sensor lasted 33 days placed in the right lower back zone.I changed it and now I take it on the left, I have been well for the left.I have not tried more places, I think that at the moment I will take them there because they do not bother me at all.For the summer I had thought to try the upper part of the buttock (so that it does not look so much on the beach or so), although I do not know if the muscle will give error .... Someone has tried in that area and can tell their experience?
By the way I have done analysis today and I have 6.8, to see if in 3 months I get another little bit.
Greetings!!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
02/07/2017 1:55 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

@Maritxu22 I have taken it and last more less like you, they have been perfect and without problem.The only thing watches with according to pants because it hooks when sitting and getting up, the last one made me a little wound.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
02/09/2017 10:48 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@"Gemater" Thank you very much for the Council, I will take it into account.

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
02/09/2017 11:10 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

maritxu22 said:
hello!
@Valky, the Dexcom sensor lasted 33 days placed in the right lower back zone.I changed it and now I take it on the left, I have been well for the left.I have not tried more places, I think that at the moment I will take them there because they do not bother me at all.For the summer I had thought to try the upper part of the buttock (so that it does not look so much on the beach or so), although I do not know if the muscle will give error .... Someone has tried in that area and can tell their experience?
By the way I have done analysis today and I have 6.8, to see if in 3 months I get another little bit.
Greetings !!

You will not have any problem I do not take it there because in my arms they last longer, each one has been better for us, it depends on how you have the area where you are going to put it, each one is a world.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/09/2017 11:52 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I am with the official black device of the Dexcom G4 and a symbol of blood and another of a time clock leaves and does not take off.I have given him to turn off and turn on a sensor and it happens to me the same.I have left it a whole day and it is still the same.How do I let that remove and show me the numerical value?Thank you

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
02/12/2017 8:17 p.m.

I do not use the Dexcom but it looks like it is that you need to calibrate the device with the capillary glucometer ........

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/12/2017 9:51 p.m.

banhop said:
I am with the official black device of the dexcom G4 and a symbol of blood and another of a time clock leaves and does not take off.I have given him to turn off and turn on a sensor and it happens to me the same.I have left it a whole day and it is still the same.How do I let that remove and show me the numerical value?Thanks

Could it be that you are asking for a calibration?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/12/2017 10:05 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

I put it on and keep out that.

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
02/12/2017 11:08 p.m.

banhop said:
I put it on and keep out that.

I did that once when the values ​​were very different and the sensor was already old.But to the third or fourth time I asked me to disappeared, it gave the impression that the device wanted to confirm that it was good.In the end he calibrated well

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/12/2017 11:32 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

gala said:
plastic is the same only as taking 4 tabs and is much easier (the 2 you see in the photo and another 2 on behind), it is also more expensive.
The corners curves are made to scissors, because the edges take off less than when you leave the beak.
The dressing is much bigger and I trim it

@Gala the individual apostites that you have, what size are they?Do they endure well?

Thank you

piruha's profile photo
piruha
02/14/2017 12:45 p.m.

DM1 desde 1987 (con 3 años)
Lantus y Humalog
Dexcom g5

@"Piruha", they are 10 × 12, before they cut them a little but now not because having more contact surface M to hold more.
Of those that I have tried the best but I think that the fixomull is also going well

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/14/2017 4:07 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Today, full page news in the central zone, the world.
In a pathetic word ... piece journalists of m ..... come, come ... keep releasing nonsense ...
By the way, I have said today, today's newspaper, not 9 years ago, which at that time would still be pathetic (there was already a Dexcom Seven).Well nothing ... come, another case Nadia .... do not contrast information ... I understand that they will be well Untaditos ... here the only one who wins is the journalist-periódico ... and to us, the diabetics, they deceive us(Eye, each one is free, with the necessary and real information, to choose what he considers ... but when they give you this information, and you act with it, they are scamming you).

I get bad.But it is our cross.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
02/19/2017 12:03 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Pabloj2000 said:
today, news of full page in the central zone, the world.
In a pathetic word ... piece journalists of m ..... come, come ... keep releasing nonsense ...
By the way, I have said today, today's newspaper, not 9 years ago, which at that time would still be pathetic (there was already a Dexcom Seven).Well nothing ... come, another case Nadia .... do not contrast information ... I understand that they will be well Untaditos ... here the only one who wins is the journalist-periódico ... and to us, the diabetics, they deceive us(Eye, each one is free, with the necessary and real information, to choose what he considers ... but when they give you this information, and you act with it, they are scamming you).

I get bad.But it is our cross.

Greetings

I don't see the news, you could put the image in large size or web link if it exists.

Thank you

Tiver's profile photo
Tiver
02/19/2017 1:20 p.m.

Link

worthy of the television channel at 4 in the morning ...

greetings

pabloj2000
02/19/2017 3:11 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hello.My son uses Dexcom G5 and we bought it in the US without a medical recipe since they get it themselves (for the first safe purchase, supposedly would need but so far we did only one).We pay $ 300 a box of 4 sensors.I hope it serves you, greetings!

María Cecilia Alegre's profile photo
María Cecilia Alegre
02/20/2017 2:36 a.m.

Good to all:

I have several issues about the Dexcom G4.I have been 1 year.Use Skintac and at first Hydrofilm but not anymore, it was very apparent to me and I also entered water.

- Duration of the sensor: I have used as 35, and making the average lasts for me 11 days.The one that was 17 but was already crazy with many hours without measures and after 12 hours without calibrating, giving very distant measures (50) with the glucometer.Other times when I climbed very fast or going down I continued with that trend without stopping to very high or low values, when in reality I had stabilized in lower values.
How can I lengthen useful life?I have tried the sensor in arms, abdomen, upper part of the buttock, and where I last the most in my arms.Do you have tricks: Always have it covered, dry the transmitter after shower, etc.?

Those who say that it lasts 33 days or window long, all that time does the sensor work 24h?Or do you have long periods with the hourglass or the symbols "???".

- What other areas have you tried?I have read in the dorsal but I don't know what area exactly, because I see it very uncomfortable to sleep, even the arm is sometimes.In the buttock I did not like my pants and when driving I am very bothered.

- Calibration: Why sometimes when calibrating it, before it marks you 100, you look at it for blood and you have it 140 for example? And you put that value, then the Dexcom stays at 112 for example.

Thank you

All the best

Tiver's profile photo
Tiver
02/21/2017 10:37 p.m.

tiver said:
good to all:

I have several issues about the Dexcom G4.I have been 1 year.Use Skintac and at first Hydrofilm but not anymore, it was very apparent to me and I also entered water.

- Duration of the sensor: I have used as 35, and making the average lasts for me 11 days.The one that was 17 but was already crazy with many hours without measures and after 12 hours without calibrating, giving very distant measures (50) with the glucometer.Other times when I climbed very fast or going down I continued with that trend without stopping to very high or low values, when in reality I had stabilized in lower values.
How can I lengthen useful life?I have tried the sensor in arms, abdomen, upper part of the buttock, and where I last the most in my arms.Do you have tricks: Always have it covered, dry the transmitter after shower, etc.?

Those who say that it lasts 33 days or window long, all that time does the sensor work 24h?Or do you have long periods with the hourglass or the symbols "???".

- What other areas have you tried?I have read in the dorsal but I don't know what area exactly, because I see it very uncomfortable to sleep, even the arm is sometimes.In the buttock I did not like my pants and when driving I am very bothered.

- Calibration: Why sometimes when calibrating it, before it marks you 100, you look at it for blood and you have it 140 for example? And you put that value, then the Dexcom stays at 112 for example.

Thank you

All the best

Where I last the most is in my arms.

It is essential that the calibrations do when the glucose is totally stable, when we wake up or calibrate immediately or no longer ok, when we lift ourselves most times the liver loose glycogen to activate them and the glucose is no longer stable.So you comment, perhaps, glucose is not stable these differences are not normal.Also think that it is going 15 minutes late, it may be that you have a difference of 30 but if you point glucometer values ​​at 15 min possibly the value is very close to what it marked before.

How do you use the Skin Tac and Hydrofilm when you hit it?Do you let the Skin Tac a little before pasteing the sensor?And the Hydrofilm is also about the Skin Tac?

The theme you comment on the calibration happens to me when I have it about three weeks, when I observe that what happens is what I do is put a higher or lower calibration, so it stays along, but during the first three weeks it is strangeThat happens.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/21/2017 10:51 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Link
News about the G6 .... interesting the version with Google ....

pabloj2000
02/21/2017 10:53 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Pabloj2000 said:
Link
News about the G6 .... interesting the version with Google ....

Is something known if you can restart again?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/21/2017 11:24 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.