{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

@gala, if I use the Hydrofilm, of all that I have tried the best for me, but it is so fine that I am unable to make a hole in the middle for the issuer.
The stickers last from life hahaha, do not fall, nor the 4 months of summer.
That is the ugliest I've put on.They don't fall, and look at me suffer

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/22/2016 7:35 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@"jconegar"
Well, Hydrofilm is the one that I use and I make the hole without probation

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/22/2016 8:26 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I use Fisomull, I suppose it is stylish.As it is difficult to make a window, what I do is draw the hole and divide it into two leaving the hole.I do not know if I explain @jconegar, but I will take a photo in case someone else serves him

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
12/23/2016 12:19 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

gala said:
@"jconegar"
Well, Hydrofilm is the one that I use and I make the hole without probes

It is not the same gala model, this is too fine and wrinkled, it sticks without more with each other, putting it is a show.
I am with the mobile I do not know if the photos will be uploaded

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/23/2016 12:42 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Thank you very much @gala and @jconegar !!I just put the Dexcom.In the end I have put the transparent dressing cutting it in 4 pieces and making a square, to see how much it lasts to me.
I have put it in the right lower back (to the side), since being the first time I did not dare to put it on my arm only using one hand (although it seems very easy in the @jconegar video)

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
12/23/2016 3:51 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

@jconegar, the same fine, the difference is that I buy it in individual dressings and you in roll

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/23/2016 4:14 p.m.

@Gala I don't know but this I tell you that there is no way to do that, it is not the same curved cut that this, well and I am patoso, hahaha.I had one like yours in my hands and does not stick the same as this, it is a fuck, I mean when hitting the skin, this is more complicated.A nurse efforts that it was the same and when he took the roll he gave up hahaha.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/23/2016 7:05 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

The plastic is the same only as taking 4 tabs and is much easier (the 2 you see in the photo and another 2 by behind), it is also more expensive.
The corners curves are made to scissors, because the edges take off less than when you leave the beak.
The dressing is much bigger and I trim

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/23/2016 8:39 p.m.

In my case, I have already put it several times, this system has been using more than 8 years (from the Seven) and perfect.He will prove everything (even American adhesives), without result, but so it endures whatever is needed and perfectly stuck (in my case, if I did not put the foam, the adhesive of the Dexcom with the sweat took off and appealed under the transparent adhesive).I just took this photo, forgive the dirt in the contour, but it is right now on the 12th or 13th (I do not usually change it, except much exercise in summer that lasts 1 week).Ahhh, as Gala says, it is very important to cut the corners, it is where it takes off, you have to round them.I use the Fixomull Transparent that bought to "bulk" (Roll of 10metters x 10cm) goes very well, we go a roll and lasts 2 years (it is that there are some films that charge them as if they were gold).Ahhh, also important to make "empty" when it sticks so that the foam tightens (it is starting to hit down, and when you hit above you have to squeeze the foam with your hand and you are hitting, everything is super-boyper-mega stuck.If you leave air, it does not work (it condenses moisture and quickly gets off), greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
12/24/2016 12:32 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hello!My son who is now 15 years old uses the Dexcom for 4 and we are acquiring the annual subscription so that the sensors leave at a better price.This year we are more complicated to make that great outlay at once (€ 1,920+10% VAT = € 2,112 for 7 boxes of sensors, 28 in total. Each sensor comes to € 68.57+10% VAT = € 75.42, when thePrice if we buy the 7 boxes one by one would be € 2,380).That is why we look for a family that wants to share that subscription, we would pay € 1,056 and we would have 14 sensors each.Of our experience saying that with those 14 sensors we would have minimum for 8-9 months of measurements.
Well, say that the continuous meter has changed our lives!If anyone is interested to send me a private and we will see how to do it.The easiest thing would be for those interested to go from Valencia where we live or Madrid since I frequently travel for work reasons.Thank you so much

MIGUELSAH's profile photo
MIGUELSAH
12/24/2016 1:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I put new information on Dexcom prices (eye, which is from G4).

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
01/11/2017 noon

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hello

My son is wearing the sensor, reinforced with hydrophilm, but I can't get it for more than 15 days, the sensor still works, but I have to remove it for the strong itching it has for Hydrophilm
Has this happened to someone, and how have you solved it?

Thank you

Antonio Alarcon's profile photo
Antonio Alarcon
01/12/2017 8:29 p.m.

DM3
Padre de Javier, 14 años, DM1 desde Mayo 2016

Itching with Hydrofilm?Well, it's one of the softest ... I don't know, it will have to try brands.
People are talking a lot about neuromuscular tapes, who endure well I don't know what kind of glue will carry

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/13/2017 6:10 a.m.

Hello again!I wanted to write to comment that I am doing the dexcom , and encourage if someone is in doubt to buy it.I put my first sensor on December 23, and for the moment it lasts, only the interrogations came out on Sunday, I turned it off and turned on and disappeared.I have been 33 days.

The truth is that I am quite happy.The first days I spent too obsessed, looking at it at all hours and wanting to be in a range of 80 to 120. But as soon as I have accustomed I am much more relaxed, I have the alarms put at 75 and 140 or 160. Having alarms is aGreat change, in addition to the trend, to be able to advance events.I have also discovered a hyperglycemia that I did not know that I had: an hour after breakfast I climbed to 200 220, and at two hours I was 130, so I thought it was fine in that time.What was my surprise when checking the curve in the Dexcom (I corroborated it with the glucometer of course).And of course, I have been able to solve it by spending the time to put on the fast insulin.It is also very interesting to observe the curve at night.I want to see what my hemo is, I think I will get it down.

The truth is that it is very worth it, even if it is expensive, it gives peace of mind and improves the quality of life.
I hope the rest of the sensors last for so many days.I have set it with 4 pieces of transparent dressing making a square surrounding the transmitter.That has lasted two weeks intact and when I started to take off I have put another piece of transparent dressing: D

Regarding the itching, I also have for a few days (not so strong as to take away the Dexcom), and what I do is hydrate the surrounding area, and something shows.

Greetings to everyone!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
01/25/2017 12:07 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

@"Maritxu22" is a joy?And how lucky it lasts so much.Out of curiosity, that patch that has been 33 days, in which area have you placed it?in the arm?I have been with Dexcom for a year and I have had seasons of everything, some patch has lasted 30, another 14 and the average would be about 20 days.Some have put them on the arm, others in the gut, others at the top of the gluteo ... but there is no fixed rule of which area is better to last the most.The one I have now started to fail on the 14th, and it is very angryThe ???
What is the area that has lasted the most time?
Sometimes I have contradictory feelings with the Dexcom, I love when I see the trends or vibrates you at some unexpected hypo, but I still do not understand how to calibrate (when for example it marks 69 and in blood I am at 96, I give it to calibrate and for exampleIt stays in 76, why does it not stay in the 96 that calibro?), Or when it takes so long to react, or when they last so little, or when you collide with the patch everywhere, or when you forget the receiver in another roomAnd you lost a sign, ...

valky's profile photo
valky
01/29/2017 1:57 a.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Hello guys, I use liquid tegaderm that comes in a bottle and with a brush paint the edges of the Dexcom's apartment.
It happened that when I was wearing it on my arm when I put on a shirt that hard 10 days have hooked.
With so much bad luck that the next last 1 day since I hook in a ganglion or hard part of the muscle and gave lost connection every two hours.
Come on with the year that I have with him an average of 3 weeks per sensor and only once once.
Personally I use Tegaderm and film before he covered leaving window but in the shower he went crazy and marked anything, now he tapo it completely and is waterproof and the results are more consistent.
Sorry for the photo this was in the gut and goes for day 18 although there are already differences with the capillary.
Link Link "Style =" Max-Width: 300px;

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/29/2017 4:51 a.m.

@"Afterego" Q Film do you use?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/29/2017 8:36 a.m.

gala said:
@"afterego" Q film you use?

Hi @gala I use this and is of excellent quality and totally waterproof to water.

DiabetesForo
01/30/2017 3:45 p.m.

Yes, I have used it, paste well but the gauration m gave a bit of rejoice chopped.
Thank you

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/30/2017 3:49 p.m.

gala said:
yes, I have used it, hit well but the glue m gave a bit of rejoice chopped.
Thanks

And this also before applying the film to endure more.
Link

DiabetesForo
01/30/2017 4:06 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.