{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

maritxu22 said:
hello!I am about to buy the Dexcom, it will be my gift of this Christmas.I had concrete doubts, let's see if you can help me:
-How do you do for hespers?Do you put a waterproof dressing?The Dexcom comes with dressing included or do you have to buy it apart?

Thank you !!

It is not necessary at all to cover it either in shower or beach or pool.The receiver is of course.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/19/2016 8:35 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@"Maritxu22", there was an offer in Dexcom that the start kit stayed at € 1,100 VAT included, I don't know if it will continue ..

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/19/2016 9:50 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@jconegar but then when wetting it, do you change the dressing?Or the dressing lasts a lot even if it wets?
@Gala I just ordered the offer of € 1100 ends on 23. Tomorrow I will tell you and probably ask you many questions ...
Greetings!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
12/20/2016 2:16 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

@"Maritxu22", although we do not wet it we always get a dressing to reinforce the fastening and that we hold the sensors more, it is very proven that a good support extends the life of the sensor, normally impermeable, there are several, Hydrofilm, Fixemull, strips ofNeuromuscular bandage .. These are the ones that work best.
Did you ask for the Skin Tac wipes?If you have not asked for ask them before the order comes out, it makes the dressing down better

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/20/2016 3:03 p.m.

@Gala is not enough to put a dressing like Tegaderm?That is, apart from the dressing, better to use the wipes?

Maritxu22
12/20/2016 4:47 p.m.

Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Yes, with the wipes the dressings take off quite less

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/20/2016 5:01 p.m.

maritxu22 said:
@gala is not enough to put a dressing like tegaderm?That is, apart from the dressing, better to use the wipes?

Particularly the Tegaderm I think it endures little, if you take off, do not think you are you.I bought it at the beginning because social security prescribes it, well I need something that endures me well both sport and x duplicity of showers.
I last for three to four weeks in arms but each one is a world, I say the readings the sensor does not fall, I use more Skin tac.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/20/2016 5:26 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Okay.I will test with what I have and in the next order I pillo the wipes.Thank you very much for the tips!

Maritxu22
12/20/2016 6:15 p.m.

Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Hello everyone, I already have the G4 Share that have brought me from the USA and the truth is that I am delighted.I have been with the first sensor for three weeks and for now all phenomenal.Once I have had free almost two years and now, I have to say that the Dexcom is undoubtedly better.For those that hypos are already for us some day to day and that we no longer have their symptoms until we almost fall to the round soil, it is an abysmal difference to be able to have alarms.
As for reliability in the readings I will not say that one is better than another because in the free depends a lot on the sensor that touches you is good or a disaster.In Dexcom, the mere fact of calibrating it twice a day makes the measures very similar to the capillary, I am sure that if every day you will calibrate with different glucometers the accuracy would not seem the same.It is not a but, it is simply an observation.
What is best of all is the XDrip+.Seeing it on the mobile at all times, alarms, historical, reports in Nightscout ... and what I like most, which is that apart from the value and the trend arrow, it also shows you the difference with the last measure.Because the arrows are fine, but seeing that the gradient of the descent is 13 or 15 or the mg/dl that are in five minutes makes you very clear if you go straight to a hyper/hyper and anticipate without waiting for anyalarm.
My only paste, apart from the cost of sensors and transmitters, is the size of the sensor+transmitter.There the battle wins freely, but of course it has no transmitter, only the NFC.That and the sensor insertion system, better free.

And the Skin Tac is an inventazo.How the happy wipes hit !!!

nachemi's profile photo
nachemi
12/20/2016 9:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Nachemi", you know you can use the Dexcom Share with the XDrip application to see it in an Android, right?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/21/2016 12:17 a.m.

Hello good!Another doubt arises with the dressings and the Dexcom.If you put a transparent dressing on top, we will have to put something between the transmitter and the dressing?I mean, you don't have to directly attached the glue from the dressing to the transmitter, right?

Maritxu22
12/21/2016 12:21 p.m.

Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

maritxu22 said:
good!Another doubt arises with the dressings and the Dexcom.If you put a transparent dressing on top, we will have to put something between the transmitter and the dressing?I mean, you don't have to directly attached the glue from the dressing to the transmitter, right?

Look at this photo ...
The dressing how much stuck also goes to the sensor the better.There I had been with Skin Tac for three weeks, the Skin Tac also under the part of the dressing where there is no tape.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/21/2016 1:11 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@"Maritxu22", I make a window and leave the transmitter without covering

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/21/2016 3:01 p.m.

To the dressing, I say

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/21/2016 3:02 p.m.

Yes @"Gala", is the first thing I did when I put it on.It's nice to have nothing to do.Just activate the Share in the Dexcom configuration and match it from the XDRIP.Easy easy.
For now all good, none ???

nachemi's profile photo
nachemi
12/21/2016 3:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The aposty that I carry is impossible to make a window would stick to himself.But it's the best

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/21/2016 3:43 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

I carry the Hydrofilm

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/21/2016 4:18 p.m.

Ok @gala.@jconegar, then if you hit the dressing to the transmitter?And when removing it, it is not difficult or is it full of glue?
I have achieved other adhesive wipes that are not the Skin Tac but they have told me that they are similar, the brand conven, I will tell you.

Maritxu22
12/22/2016 3:46 p.m.

Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

maritxu22 said:
ok @gala.@jconegar, then if you hit the dressing to the transmitter?And when removing it, it is not difficult or is it full of glue?
I have achieved other adhesive wipes that are not the Skin Tac but they have told me that they are similar, the brand conven, I will tell you.

No, do not look good the transparent dressing does not cover the emitter, the transparent dressing is on the tape and skin.And the Skin Tac I put it so that all this stuck with him too.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/22/2016 5:16 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@"jconegar", what dress do you use?, wasn't it tb the hydrofilm?
Hey how long do the transmitter stickers last?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/22/2016 6 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.