{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

You will not have broken the cargo plug, as Paul says, they are more than delicate ..

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/10/2016 9:21 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

No, the tab that closes it if it broke me, but the load goes well for now.I gave the Reset button yesterday with a pin and being plugged in and lit, so problem solved.Thank you

gala said:
The cargo plug will not have broken, as Pablo says, they are more than delicate ..

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
11/10/2016 10:09 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.
I carry the pump with continuous mederronic meter (Minimed), warns you of the ups and downs and also for the pump.Now they have a campaign for the sensor and the transmitter, it costs € 220 per month, the bomb subsidizes social security.

mgarrigo's profile photo
mgarrigo
11/12/2016 7:02 p.m.

Dexcom news

During the past 4 months, Dexcom has presented four new products or improved versions of some of its existing products to the FDA.Now we expect the regulatory approval of this agency.When?We do not know exactly, but we trust that they are approved during the first 6 months of 2017.

Android version for the G5 app : This app is highly anticipated, since the application has worked with the iPhone since the launch of the G5 in the summer of 2015. We know that it is much more complicated to obtain the approval ofAndroid, since not all Android phones are equal and the approval of the FDA has to be obtained for each version of the phone (compared to iOS, which obtains approval for all models).

next generation receiver : We have not seen specific images or details, but we have heard many rumors that the next update of the G5 hall has a touch screen.The current hall has not changed much since 2012, when Dexcom launched the G4 model.We continue listening to the rumors that the user experience using this new hall will be similar to the experience that the G5 app provides today on the iPhone.The FDA will continue to require that patients receive a hall, even if they decide not to use it and just keep it by hand in case the application of the smartphone stops working.

New inserter : Dexcom has been working for some time this new insertion system that uses a drive button.The current insertion system does not like Jaime and looks little friendly.Jaime will be happy to treat this new inserter and leave the current one behind, which has not changed since Dexcom launched its first MCG in 2006. The process of the new inserted has been described as follows;take off the adhesive, put it on the skin and then oppress a button for the sensor insertion.We'll see!

smaller transmitter : previously we have informed Dexcom's plans for the launch of a smaller transmitter, which could be 30 to 50 percent smaller than the current one.Now we hear that this transmitter is closer to 50 percent smaller than the current one.A decrease in the size of any device used in the management of diabetes is excellent news.

G6 Sensor : Dexcom continues to advance in its new generation G6 sensor, completely redesigned, with New Chemistry, a new and advanced mathematical algorithm, 1 single daily calibration, and up to 10 days of continuous use.We had previously informed of a possible launch of the G6 by the end of 2017 or early 2018. Now the G6 is expected to be available during 2017.

Dexcom is currently available in the United States, Puerto Rico, Chile, Spain and other countries in Europe.There is supposedly a distributor in Colombia, but we have not seen active promotions in this country.

Source: Jaime-dulceguerrero.com/ultimas-noticias-dexcom

fer's profile photo
fer
11/27/2016 4:46 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Mia @fer mother we already see the G6 without having seen the G5X, this flies

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/27/2016 7:37 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I hope the G5 proposal disaster corrected with the G6 ... that of the transmitter, etc ... [-(... those of Dexcom would be gained many points if they would offer a product again with the featuresof G4, but better, instead of getting worse.

fer's profile photo
fer
11/27/2016 8:30 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

More of the G6 Fer
Link
And for those who cost us English
Link & Edit-Text =

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/27/2016 10:37 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

The G6 has exactly the same design as the G5X, so if it is not going to be the same, it will be very similar.It does not look like it is going to be rechargeable and continues to carry a single pile.So 3 months like G5 and G5X

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/28/2016 12:41 a.m.

@Arotorias seen what has been seen, I'm going to stay with G4 all the time I can !!

fer's profile photo
fer
11/28/2016 7:48 a.m.

It is a shame of the transmitters of duration 3 months, without the possibility of recharging them or changing the stack, when the technology exists to make them rechargeable or with the possibility of changing the battery.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
11/28/2016 11:19 a.m.

We will cross our fingers and see if it happens as with the issue of bombs, that the new ones go to the market and reach Spain 5 years later ... although with the sensors being something that we pay the same until they arrive before Ainssss we are a business !!:(

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
11/28/2016 2:25 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

The size for children, mine is thin if it is important.And the insertion too ... for children if I see any improvement .... the problem will be the price ... Pades are not millionaires and the Magi sometimes do not arrive on time ..

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
11/28/2016 8:46 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

I am going around by English pages and the truth is that you find quite curious things.I have seen that there are tutorials to change the batteries to the G4 transmitter and I have already drove a little crazy looking for something more seriously, because the electronics and I are not great friends and although a battery change is something simple it throws me back thePut the leg and destroy the transmitter (although the truth, if it is already exhausted of little serves) apart from the tutorials there are people in Amazon and eBay that what "sells" is to install new batteries to an already spent transmitter and the truth isThat seems quite attractive to me, for the clear price.For one hundred euros you recondition your transmitter with batteries equal to those in origin, and there are even guaranteeing the six months of life as the original.

Have you tried any of this?I have not started using it, but I am already looking for solutions to have to pay 400 and peak euros every time the battery is exhausted.

One question, what is the G4 trnasion and which G4 Slim ???Is the Slim the Platinum ????

nachemi's profile photo
nachemi
12/04/2016 7:38 p.m.

G4 is the original transmitter (it was higher, and consisted of two plates), the G4 Slim is the one that has been sold for about 2 years, it is finite.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
12/04/2016 11:37 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hello everyone, comment on my experience with the G4 after half a year of use.The average duration of the sensors has been 30 days, always on the arm alternating one and the other.The last sensor has been a failure and I think it was my fault for placing it very close to the muscle and in the upper part, about 14 days and suffering at night because it went crazy.Chicha has to be caught so that it works well, jconejar@ on your YouTube on how to place the sensor comments.You alternate arm you use the same?, When sleeping it always has preference on the one hand and when that bother is a little.
Courage to the undecided to use the Dexcom, the truth that in my case taking into account that mean I get at the same price as the free freestyle and the quality of control to improve a lot and with it the glycosada.And let's not say if you accompany him to the XDRIP, I could not live without the reading of glucose on the wrist during all types of activity, I am very happy.If I can help someone do not hesitate to ask, congratulations on the forum and thanks to all, if not anything commented I would know him.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
12/10/2016 6:22 p.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

For those who use Xdrip and G4: Would you know any to tell me how much the battery lasted since it began to indicate "212" until it ended completely?I just put the number in 212 and I don't think it lasts more than two months ...

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/11/2016 2:19 a.m.

Have you appeared low battery in the XDrip?To me when the MSJ appeared in the XDrip it lasted a month, I do not remember well but I would swear that it was in 212, then it went down to 211 and suddenly 108, 105,103 and died in 3 days (from 111 to 103)

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/11/2016 2:55 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

gala said:

Have you appeared low battery in the XDrip?To me when the MSJ appeared in the XDrip it lasted a month, I do not remember well but I would swear that it was in 212, then it went down to 211 and suddenly 108, 105,103 and died in 3 days (from 111 to 103)

No, the low battery message in which number appears?In 212 not, it's how I have it now and still nothing.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/11/2016 2:57 a.m.

There is already an official application for Android in a couple of European countries (for G5, of course)
Link

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
12/15/2016 1:19 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hello!I am about to buy the Dexcom, it will be my gift of this Christmas.I had concrete doubts, let's see if you can help me:
-How do you do for hespers?Do you put a waterproof dressing?The Dexcom comes with dressing included or do you have to buy it apart?

Thank you!!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
12/19/2016 8:24 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.