{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

Gondrullo may be that it coincides, I do not say that not because if I have put the apparatus this is because my levels have never been stable, being with 80 breakfast to the impossible or low or low food but continuously na line of na or by theNight ..... but what always happens to me with Coca Cola.
Another thing talking about drinks, the Zero Fanta, is not zero, has 3 g of hydrates per can, that you take it into account and the Kas Light I do not remember now but I think I had more.
Come on when I get more water than a dromedary

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/18/2014 11:29 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I agree with Gondurulo, Coca Cola Light does not upload anything, nothing uploads to me, it has no hydrates.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/18/2014 12:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am hallucinating with Dexcom ... I don't know if for better or worse, today I have eaten vegetables with potatoes and hake in green sauce and a piece of bread.Well, to get to the 60 gr of hydrates, it has occurred to me to eat a skimmed yogurt with sweetened nuts and then I have walked an hour.Well, often horror, after walkI have been yogurt, I usually have breakfast and this has never happened to me!

pochola's profile photo
pochola
03/18/2014 1:37 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

It is that the continuous meter captures very specific moments that we do not see them with the controls, and there are things that cannot be avoided because exogenous insulin is not magical .. but it is enough to have a good post and get well to the next meal.
Although you can learn a lot with the meter and then play with the insulin action times ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/18/2014 9:09 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

With the meter you will realize which meals are fast and what meals are slow ... that the meats, the roasted chicken, that is, proteins + fats can upload many hours after having ingested them ... that the pasta can upload 3 hoursAfter having taken it ... I think that's what it is. Basically, to learn things that, as Regina says, you wouldn't see if you didn't take the sensor.But it is true, one becomes very nervous when he sees that this goes up and up and it seems that insulin will never take effect ....

Velia's profile photo
Velia
03/19/2014 4:42 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I have noticed that, I believe that the combination of certain foods is worse than a donutThen he hit the afternoon working.The fact is that since I do not wear something, something happens because it goes up later?or no matter as long as it is a rise for example to 160 and then it goes down well .. That is my question.Let's see what the educator tells me.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
03/19/2014 6:13 a.m.

It is the first time that I write but I have been reading you and turn it to make an effort and agency one of these pots.

Beyond the price, I can see many advantages but also some inconvenience, such as the 10 -minute lag that they say has the glycemia that marks with the one you have at that time.In this sense, is it really useful for controlling hypos?I mean, if the alarm sounds to you when it reaches 55 (we put), by then you can really be in 40 (we put) ... Can an alarm be established for when you have 70 but with a trend of accused descent (that is,That he does not simply whistle when you have 70 because it would be a pain, but when that is given and that he is also going down quickly)?

Thanks in advance!

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
03/19/2014 11:33 a.m.

If it can be programmed, there is a fixed alarm, which you can not remove that jumps in 55, but there is another than the programs to what you want, I have it in 70, because in 80 I would be a very often whistily and there is another alarm thanYou can also schedule that it is when it is going down very quickly, anyway as the trend is indicating all the time, you see them come

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/19/2014 3:49 p.m.

The pasta is what is going best to me, I do not sibI have to eat again because it gives me a safe descent.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/19/2014 3:54 p.m.

I have the alarm in 70, and I have to say, that Dexcom and yesterday and today has saved me from a couple of scares.The fact is that in these three years I had only had two hypo of scare.And I don't know if it's because I have it but just yesterday and today after the snack first hyper and then free fall.And it has dropped from 180 in dive with double arrow `` you do not see if you find out ... in the end Glycup and wait.I do not know .. I am a little discouraged .. it seems to me that I am saying Adíos to the honeymoon .. neither lada nor milk .. nor slow or na progression .. I am in one and increasingly unstable .. lessI am bad that I have the dexcom .. Palmas I am to take it over .. by the way since yesterday afternoon all nail .. there has not been one.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
03/19/2014 5:06 p.m.

Hello, each person is a world in results, durations, etc ... in the dexcom.I speak for my experience with the Seven Plus: first day or two ... a little rare measurements, you have to correct it, behavior arrows not too "binding".From there to 1 or 2 days before he dies, nailed, in fact, I would say that the best results are given the second week until he begins to "go crazy."I take 2 weeks (minimal, although I don't fight too much when I see?They last something less normally, on the right side, in 1 day marks well, or even less, and last more marking much better.It is a shame that I have to alternate to let the skin rest, if I would not always put it in the right.
Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
03/22/2014 8:24 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

@Pabloj2000 Thank you for all your advice.So I am delighted and many meals I am changing them because although when you click at two hours they were correct I am seeing that they were fatal.I have been perfect for two days, a stable sea between the limits .. Let's go the dream of anyone .. I have been able to adjust schedules, quantities and classes of food and wonderful.I don't know if it will be a coincidence but I also carry this first sensor on the right side.Greetings to everyone

pochola's profile photo
pochola
03/22/2014 8:33 a.m.

Hello, I am a Medtronic bomb user and from time to time they put a dexcom sensor G4 to gather information since I cannot adjust the guideline to go better controlled.This week they have placed it to me and I am giving it again or not ........... you know somewhere that they sell it well in price ????The good price I know that it sounds like irony but I do not know if it is a fixed price in all the sites, if there is only one distributor or Q ........ in short that the more information you can facilitate I will be tenderly grateful.All the best!!!!

Mantequero's profile photo
Mantequero
03/25/2014 7:52 p.m.

Hi Mantequero, I think you are looking just what I have in my signature :).
On the price, at Europe (with our taxes) it is quite matched (in fact some country is even more expensive), although logically in each country there is a distributor, and there is no other way of acquiring it officially.
Greetings

pabloj2000
03/26/2014 1:03 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Mantequero, I have bought it in mid -November 2013 so I do not think it has varied much and the initial kit, receiver, transmitter and 4 sensors, were 1,300 + I.V.A (total € 1430).
Receiver Solo: € 595 + VAT (€ 654.5), it seems that the renewal is cheaper, € 370 with VAT
Transmitter Solo: € 392 + VAT (€ 431.2)
The 4 sensor box today, € 340, 374 with VAT (€ 93.5)
Then you have offers: Annual Subscription: 1920 + VAT (€ 2,112), 7 boxes (28 sensors) The sensors with VAT come to € 74.5 and they are giving you as you need, but you have in the deadline to remove them all from one year.
And then another offer that buying 2 boxes or more, they discount € 70 in the next purchase that has to be equal to or greater than the previous one, you have 4 months to make the 2nd purchase.
I hope it serves you

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/28/2014 5:29 a.m.

Thanks for the prices, gala.
I have just understood this to pass them without VAT, who breaks the VAT of a glucometer?

The annual subscription ... Do you give you 7 boxes?Are you not supposed to spend a sensor a week?

Another question for those who know, what life is left to this device?I mean, those who have a Seven have run out of sensors, right?Does Dexcom in sight a new more up -to -date system or is still a lot of travel to the G4?

Thank you!

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
03/28/2014 6 a.m.

I asked me, they told me that the next one would no longer need a receiver, that I would send the data to the mobile but that it is planned by the end of 2016 early 17, he told me that there would be a "renovated plan" for those who are with the G4 aspassed with the Seven

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/28/2014 noon

The 7 boxes, the sensor warranty is a week but they have 2 weeks per sensor that is what they normally last, so, 7x4 = 28 that x2 = 56 weeks, a little more than 1 year, they have itcalculated

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/28/2014 12:04 p.m.

aham, ok gala, thanks;)

Mikel01's profile photo
Mikel01
03/28/2014 12:15 p.m.

gala said:
I asked me, they told me that the next one would no longer need a receiver, that I would send the data to the mobile but that it is planned by the end of 2016 early 17, he told me that there would be a "renovation plan"For those of us who are with the G4 as happened with the Seven

Hi Gala, fear gives me "the one who does not need a receiver" ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

What I have heard by Yankies forums is that Dexcom prepares a firmware update for the G4 with which it will send the data to the mobile (that is, you need the transmitter, the receiver, and of this if you want, you could connect the mobile).It makes enough sense.

And I say that I am afraid that I send data to the mobile directly, because that will imply running via Wifi or Bluetooth, which can be comfortable, but I advance (pessimistic that is one) problems:
-Movil with busy connection, be it Bluetooth (forget about hands, etc ...) or wifi (forget about navigating :)).Above, the telephone, with how little the batteries last, because with this pulling, imagine ... load it 2 times a day.But well, I could go through this ...

-Transmitter: grabbed you, that if the Seven with its radio frequency lasted 2 years ... we go to the G4 that already lasts 6-9 months ... the following transmitter via Bluetooth or wifi will last 2 months!¡
Let's see, I have always said it, the Dexcom is a product designed for USA where all these advances are appreciated, they are appreciated because there are almost all insurers, and of course, I as a user if they tell me, the Seven changes for the G4Although the transmitter lasts 4 times less ... Well, I don't care ... when he exhausts, I ask that they send me another and delighted.The same will happen to the G5 hypothetum ... What lasts the transmitter?Well nothing, send me another when it ends.

But here, and in other European countries (luckily in some they are already entering it, here they try to hide it from the SS doctors, it will not be that the chicken coop is revolutionized, and it is better to have people in the "ignorance", They will not tell us that there is a device that does this, and we all want it), that of changing a transmitter that will cost 400 euros, every 2 months, because it will not work.

They are putting a 5000cc gasoline V8 car that spends a 30L/100km here, to go to work with our mileurist salaries.That car, it goes well in the USA where gasoline is cheaper than water ... But here, it is a ruin.And Dexcom, goes on that path.

The G5 will sell us again as the panacea, without receiver (personally, I prefer receiver, since I use it and look at it very much, I do not see it clear with the mobile, that I stay without battery, etc ...), and allAs crazy to buy it, until at 2 months we "change transmitter" and we will take your hands to your head.

Personally, I see that Dexcom, every day, makes me more difficult, when it should be the other way around, easier.That the G4 the transmitter lasts 9 months ... Well, they sell it to 150 euros and compensate ... but they are bleeding with the sensors (remembered again, the yankies at 7 days if they please take them and throw it even if they markWell, and others send them), and as if that were not enough, above, now with the transmitters.And it gives me the next one, they are going to bleed even more.

Let's go like crabs.Virgin that I stay as I am.

Greetings to all

pabloj2000
03/30/2014 6:39 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.