{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

I do highway and mountain bike, running and now in the room I do everything to strengthen both legs and arms and iron abs.It doesn't bother anything you don't notice.What the triceps touches is the tape alone.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/01/2016 10:13 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

A little thing, someone knows even when they will sell transmitters from G4 ....?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/08/2016 4:01 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I do not see G4 supplies problems at least in 2 or 3 years .... after ...

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
07/08/2016 8:48 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Good to all !!I just jump an alert on the receiver that says err 214, contact your local supplier, and an insistent beep.He catches me away from home on the weekend.Has anyone passed?I don't even have the papers on ...

nacho's profile photo
nacho
07/09/2016 12:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Above Novalab only attends from Monday to Friday: (((

nacho's profile photo
nacho
07/09/2016 1:06 p.m.

Hello everyone, a question for veterans.To hold the sensor to extend the useful life, with what kind of aposty do you use to get the maximum?I have taken my first sensor and I have held it with Tegaderm and ensuring the second fortnight with a band with Velcro, quite uncomfortable by the way.I did a test with a physio tape but it didn't give me much confidence.This second sensor I have applied Skin Tac in the sensor area and a little of the tegaderm, to see how it goes.How do you do it?
Thank you.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
07/11/2016 9:51 p.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

nacho said:
good to all !!I just jump an alert on the receiver that says err 214, contact your local supplier, and an insistent beep.He catches me away from home on the weekend.Has anyone passed?I don't even have the papers on ...

Prepare!
I myself 1 week ago, I arrived at the holiday place, and zas ... Hardware error! Luckily, another replacement receiver was carrying.Look, from the Seven Plus, I have exactly 4, yes, I have said four receptors, all dead with hardware errors (they restart, endure a few minutes and appear again, some equals, different).

In your case, what you have to do is reset it, at the back you have a little hole to put a clip ... you will hit you a reset ... and pray ... if you fail you again, forget, if you are inGuarantee that changed it, and if not, in the trash (and what a grace!that will no longer sell it to you).

Greetings and good luck

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
07/12/2016 5:57 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

@jconegar in the end I listened to you and put my fourth sensor in the arm and for the moment great, it hurts anything and does not bother sleep or anything.The only thing that put it to me, for now it seems impossible to do it alone as you do, of course you have been and I have just three months.But we go thanks to you and the rest for encouraging us and giving us ideas and tricks.
The third sensor was sorry, although he lengthened it 20 days it was bad since the first week, he lost the connection several times at night and from the tenth day every night he spent hours with ???.The fact is that the rest of the day was not bad at all and lengthened it almost three weeks but very frustrated and discouraged.
This is great and I'm glad I had tried in another area.
By the way I also tried to put the Skin Tac throughout the area before pasteing it and I have the feeling that it is more subject, we will see ...
Thank you again for the tips.

Brenda's profile photo
Brenda
07/12/2016 9:37 p.m.

Thank you very much.If you buy it and do not see how to put it tell me.For me it is the best dressing, I have tried almost all.
If you use the dressing, my advice is that Cortes 4 parts and cover the 4 parts of the sensor tape, that is, the apartment on the tape and also touches the skin where you have put Skin Tac.I don't know if I explain but tell me.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/12/2016 11:42 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

You explain perfectly, although at the moment I put the strips of the fisios and it is very good and they are also of colors that make it look less "medical" the sensor, it seems rather a running device or something, hehe.But if I fail, I take it into account of course.

Brenda's profile photo
Brenda
07/13/2016 midnight

@Pabloj2000 Thanks for the answer;Well, I effectively called Novalab and they told me to reset him (if I get to know, I don't spend the whole weekend without Dexcom).What bothered me most is that they did not give me an explanation of why something like this happened, "it is an electronic device, like a computer, that can be spoiled," forgives ??????I have had many computers and in 6 months that I have Dexcom, none has been broken.
In addition, have the decency to tell me what has failed, or does you not know ????I imagine that not all errors are due to the same ...
Anyway, I hope I don't fail much more, because I just made an annual subscription and I'm going for the second sensor

nacho's profile photo
nacho
07/13/2016 11:16 a.m.

Novalab is the distributor, they do what they can.For a more concrete info you can send an email to Dexcom US directly.

Anyway, if you pass you, you have the right to a replacement.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/13/2016 1:27 p.m.

@Arotorias, thank you very much

nacho's profile photo
nacho
07/13/2016 1:31 p.m.

Well, today the error alert jumped, so I contacted Novalab and they will send me another receiver.
I hope that problems will be solved.

I take this opportunity to comment here a question of @Afterego in another thread.I have already commented that I carry the Dexcom sensor in gluteo.The truth is that happy with him there, it does not bother to sit or sleep (yes that in the morning the results are not so precise if you have slept a long time on the sensor's side, but nothing remarkable), it is more discreet and I haveThe feeling that it is more protected (for example, when swimming is more subject to the swimsuit).
Of course, to put it I have the invaluable help of my girl.

All the best

nacho's profile photo
nacho
07/14/2016 2:54 p.m.

nacho said:
Well today the error alert jumped, so I contacted Novalab and they will send me another receiver.
I hope that problems will be solved.

I take this opportunity to comment here a question of @Afterego in another thread.I have already commented that I carry the Dexcom sensor in gluteo.The truth is that happy with him there, it does not bother to sit or sleep (yes that in the morning the results are not so precise if you have slept a long time on the sensor's side, but nothing remarkable), it is more discreet and I haveThe feeling that it is more protected (for example, when swimming is more subject to the swimsuit).
Of course, to put it I have the invaluable help of my girl.

GREETING

Thank you @nacho, your comment has been very useful, the next one will put it there, I have felt that it has given very good results, so far I have always taken it in an arm or in the belly.
If you dare up a photo, thank you again

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/14/2016 3:07 p.m.

Although the image is not very edifying, ....., all for this forum :)) :) :))

nacho's profile photo
nacho
07/14/2016 10:59 p.m.

nacho said:
although the image is not very edifying, ....., all for this forum :)) :) :))

Thank you very much @Nacho more than enough to have an idea of ​​where to put it.
greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/15/2016 2:44 a.m.

The buttock goes very well for those who have children and insulin pump.The dexcom of I put it in the arm but my child does not last more than two weeks, from 12 to 15 days ... but still, although it is expensive it is worth it.This week does not carry it, it is resting.We use it discontinuously.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
07/16/2016 7:46 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

@jconegar, you had the Seven before, right?How was the "invitation" to go to G4?How long was the G4 working when they invited you to change you?(By the way, I return to "life", it was already a horita ...)

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/16/2016 11:33 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Well, I think I had the Seven almost two years, when the G4 came out I did not change the moment I endured until they forced me to change for the G4 and be able to have the promotion of change, I do not remember the time they kept it.My reason for not changing was above all the size of the G4 issuer much greater than the Seven, which I would tell you that it was finer than the G4 Slim.

They made a promotion for those who had the Seven but Uffff, I don't remember what it was.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/17/2016 12:10 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.