{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

I have a question, I use Dexcom G4 with its original receiver for a child ... but I have the doubt to try XDrip.We see it on the mobile, I almost prefer the receiver ... but what you have tried both .. which do you think it seems more reliable?Which do you think gives the most exact values ​​and which one is better caught?And do not make you crazy with strange values?I would like to know your opinion.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
06/25/2016 10:16 a.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Good to all !!!!I would like to make a query.I have been with the Dexcom for about 6 months (since January), so this is my first summer.I always put the sensors in the buttock, and they have been lasting about 5 weeks;But the latter has been for two weeks and has already started with the interrogations (it also has been thus since yesterday night), my question is, it will be for sweat ???

nacho's profile photo
nacho
06/25/2016 1:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Nacho I in the almost five years that I use I have not noticed that, but each one is a world.
Let's see if you take off a little for sweat and that's why.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/25/2016 1:23 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Tomorrow will fulfill my first Dexcom sensor three weeks in the arm, when I place it, I assure it with a tegaderm, at the first week they cut tips and another on top and the third the same.I have noticed about three days ago that the white sensor tape is as detached and endures thanks to the tegaderm and in a bracelet with velcro that I also have that in principle put it for shower, sleep, swimming pool, etc. but that three days ago andI do not take it away, just to rest my arm a little for a while in the morning and another in the afternoon, because after a while I already notice the feeling of detached tape.My question is, if when placing the new sensor he applied the Skin Tac and placed a sensor with the tegaderm on top of it will better endure the three weeks without the bracelet?The tegaderm works well for me what I want is to extend the life of the adhesion of the sensor's tape, otherwise everything ok I am very happy with the Dexcom.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
06/28/2016 9:30 p.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

@jaume I do that from the first day.First Skin Tac, I put a sensor and then I put up similar to the tegaderm (to me the tegaderm is going very badly, I take off right away).
By putting the aposty on the Skin Tac, he holds much more.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/28/2016 10:40 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

jconegar said:
@jaume I do that from the first day.First Skin Tac, I put a sensor and then I put up similar to the tegaderm (to me the tegaderm is going very badly, I take off right away).
By putting the aposty on the Skin Tac, hold on much more.

jconegar said:

jconegar said:

jconegar said:

jconegar said:

Thanks Compi!I will do so, the Skin Tac can be bought at Novolab?

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
06/28/2016 10:52 p.m.

Libre, abril del 2020

@jaume you can find on Amazon and Ebay, but the most economical site that I have found is Novalab, and I have searched for several countries not only here.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/29/2016 10:10 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

A question in the thread ... when you put a new sensor;Does Echais Skin-Tac throughout the insertion zone or leave a skin-free skin circle in the central part to pass the needle without pringending?
It would be much easier to take a jacket throughout the area, but so far I have been afraid if the needle could contaminate Skin-Tac and then not work well.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/29/2016 6:35 p.m.

Today I have spoken with Novolab to ask for the Skin Tac and advise to leave the central area without spreading the product so as not to contaminate the needle, I think I think @albertoT that you are already doing well.I have thought about when I put on the next sensor prepare a template following the sensor area and a little more for the aposty and mark the central part that has to be clean.Clean and with the template mark two circles and thus delimit the area that I have to spread, mostly I say it on the central part and when putting the sensor to be safer, how do you see it?I will try and comment on.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
06/29/2016 9:53 p.m.

Libre, abril del 2020

Right now @jaume I use a ball, I paint a circuit and there I don't have.Then the difficult thing is to put the needle in the circuit ... It is a shame, because it would be so easier to smoke all the skin ....

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/29/2016 9:58 p.m.

albertot said:
I right now @jaume I use a ball, I paint a circuit and there I do not have.Then the difficult thing is to put the needle in the circuit ... It is a shame, because it would be so easier to smoke all the skin ....

But @albertot That's why I tell you about the second outer circle for when you place the sensor well for the circle of outside that you will always have in sight you will have the needle in the center of the inner circle that you do not have in sight, this is theoretical but I thinkThat has to go well.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
06/29/2016 10:06 p.m.

Libre, abril del 2020

When you take out the new bag sensor, before putting it overlap in a cardboard and marks it to be able to make the template and it will already serve you forever.

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
06/29/2016 10:09 p.m.

Libre, abril del 2020

Ups, because I passed the towel all over the area, let it dry a little and then hit the patch.Will it give different measures for that?I have not noticed it.Is that what you say to coincide the area not impregnated with the sensor needle ... It seems complicated.

valky's profile photo
valky
06/29/2016 11:37 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

I have been rubbing the Skin Tac throughout the area and I have not noticed anything different from the previous two years.Think that if everything is well shreded, the filament area will also be stuck.
It is better to prevent cure but I do it to the beast.
The sensors last an average of 4 weeks.Since I use the Apbito and Skin Tac from the first day in both arms the same, before the left arm lasted a few days less.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/30/2016 12:22 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Hello everyone, it is possible that because they are very high, more than 300 do you get the ???
I have only been with this sensor for 10 days and they left me a long time and does not recover.
And another question, is it possible that something like a mobile can make them come out?It is that I always agree that I am with a person and I am starting to think if it will be something that takes.

Brenda's profile photo
Brenda
06/30/2016 12:31 a.m.

In my arms do not come out ???I do not know why, I know that they stop working x differences in values, in the fourth week we take care of strange values.
I have heard several times that depending on what the sensor lasts when that is in recent days.
The issue of whether can influence another mobile phone, I do not know, some partner to see if it can help you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/30/2016 9:11 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Thanks @jconegar, in the end he recovered at 2 in the morning and going well but I am very worried that with only ten days he already starts to fail.It is true that the afternoon passes with 300 or more and without being able to download it or insulin but I don't know if it will have something to do.
The first lasted 30 days the second 20 and this one does not look like a lot, I am thinking of trying in my arm but I am quite afraid that I am bothering me, but I think I will still try.

Brenda's profile photo
Brenda
06/30/2016 4:06 p.m.

@Brenda Don't be afraid, you have to try several places to see where it lasts more.
Look at the video you record putting it on your arm, it's simple and you'll see how it doesn't hurt, encourage !!!!
Link
The video or the one that comes out are very good but to make you an idea will come well for you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/30/2016 4:21 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Ok @jconegar, although I have help at the moment, you never know when you can see yourself.
If I have to risk but they are so expensive that it's scary ...
I tell you how the next one is doing in my arm, I am as much as possible and with the next try.
The video is great, it helps a lot.

Brenda's profile photo
Brenda
06/30/2016 4:50 p.m.

@jconegar a question, in the arm if you do sports does not bother you anymore?Being in the triceps zone, if you do some gym or simply on the bike, when that area gets tense, does not bother ??

Thank you

nacho's profile photo
nacho
07/01/2016 8:44 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.