{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

Well, I imagine that they will do with those of the G4, in 2 years maximum they will "invite" us to change and it seems to me a long time ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/17/2016 7:26 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@gala but and those who carry an animas bomb?
Will they be able to leave us lying?They play with fire on the 640 g and their integrated meter, but it is clear that they are sure of the product they have.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/17/2016 9:34 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

In 2 years they will surely take the animas or another compatible with the fixed G5, realize that in the US they have been with the G5 in the US and almost all of the type I carry bomb and dexcom, and also to compete with Medtronic

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/17/2016 10:07 p.m.

What makes no sense is that they take the Slim with the G4 when the G5 is already in the market.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/17/2016 11:20 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Well, it does not have much but like everything, when I bought the G4 in 2012, the commercial already told me that it was the last one that would be necessary whether or if the receiver, bone that already knew what the G5 was like and took the Dexcom G4 Share... And the Slim transmitter ... so the least thought day they offer us a renovation plan and give us 1 year for those who resist and then lentils ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/17/2016 11:30 p.m.

And surely the bomb that can be handled with the typh or so I hope, it is theirs

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/17/2016 11:58 p.m.

jconegar said:
@afference I advise you that for Dexcom themes you put it in the dexcom g4 thread not in this.
I have put the sensor in belly, rear (just the sensor below the belt), twin (leg) and arm.
I am not worried that they see me or do not see me, I change the site depending on the duration.
In the belly it was where less than two weeks lasted less.
In the rear almost three weeks, but be careful there for the subject of sleeping back and pressing the sensor, it is not known why but many times the levels varied when pressing it.
In the twin on the leg two weeks, perhaps I had to have tried in another leg, but it gave me respect, I did not bothered me or anything, the very good calibrations but when doing so much sport and hardening the twin gave me respect.
In the arm four weeks on average almost always, some can fall for 3.5 weeks.Since I use Skin Tac and the Hypafix aposty the duration is going 4 weeks older.
But as I tell you, he directs Dexcom G4 thread.

I put this comment from @jconegar so as not to mix threads.

What you say from the butt and sleep up is true, if you press a lot, it seems that the values ​​deviate something (+/- 25), but I understand that it will happen the same in your arm if you lie on that side.
I put it in gluteo is not because they do not see it, that is why @jconegar comments that happens in the leg.I have little arm and when I do sports it becomes "hard" (I have very little fat) and I'm afraid that you will give some mistake.I measure +/- 1.87m and weight 73kg, so the only place where I have some fat to prick is gluteo :)) :)) :))

nacho's profile photo
nacho
07/18/2016 11:25 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.The "Intivation

jconegar said:
what makes no sense is that they take the Slim with the G4 when the G5 is already in the market.

Jconegar ... what makes no sense, is that they take out a G5 whose transmitter duration is 3 months.1600 euros a year, yes or yes, only transmitters, sensors apart.
With this "progress", Abbott's free will win many points, despite being a substitute product of the strips, economically, now, if it is appetizing, since with Dexcom you will spend only on transmitters, which you would spend on sensors with sensors with sensors withFree (I insist, even if it is not continuous measurement).If there are 2 ways to improve a product: improving it properly (which is not the case), or the competition charging yours (which is the case).

And on the other hand, the omitting the receiver, I still insist (like the Prats ... allow me to insist), it is vital.

I, personally, would not dispense with him, and a couple of days ago, if I didn't have it, I would have been "mangado" ... an update of the Android that received the reception on the mobile .... less bad thanHe had the receiver (Share), because if not, he had spent a couple of days without being able to see the levels.

And also, said that, I doubt that they get to get something for Android (official and dexcom) it has already become clear that each mobile is a world .... iOS is totally closed and there are only a couple of models ...All much more proven and safe ... but have an Android ... that you enter a vacation update, and stay without continuous measurement ..... lizard lizard.

For me, returning to Dexcom, the G5 is the greatest delay they have manufactured .... Dexcom works backwards ... of the best product (the Seven Plus ...) worsened a little with the G4 (save him, forMi, the Share version that you can have the clock, and the receiver, but thanks for not bringing it to Spain), and with the G5, the biggest disaster, an article for Millionaires, without any real advantage (which justifies the cost).I do not want to think about the G6 .... worse than the G5 they can no longer do it (what lasts 1 month each transmitter?)

That said, endure the G4 while you can see if we are lucky to skip the thymus of the G5.Which, I am surprised that European importers have not complained and claimed to continue selling the G4 ... I can understand that in Germany or Finland, many people buy the G5, but in Spain or Portugal (that we seem more to the Portuguese, the Portuguese,That to the Germans, although we want to live like the latter), there is not so much.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
07/20/2016 6:38 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I believe @Pabloj2000 that practically none of those who use the G4 we will voluntarily change to the G5, to me the number does not come out with what the sensors last me.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/20/2016 6:52 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

You are right, I would think about it too.

But it is not curious ... that from the Seven to the G4, nobody changed voluntarily?(Forced and reluctantly, lack of sensors or transmitters) from G4 to G5 nor anyone in their right judgment will change voluntarily ... am I the only one who thinks we are going like crabs?If it were the owner of a company that manufactures a product, and I find this, I would think that something I am doing wrong ... Another thing is that the shareholders would applaud with the ears (we are going to get the pasta to these "pringaos").
What happens, I have always said, Dexcom thinks for USrest is transparent to him.In Europe, this does not work that way, and that is why it has it complicated and more with this policy.

For me, Dexcom only has a solution if it continues in this line, and is to offer rechargeable transmitters (which they can do).The rest is simply, unfeasible, at least in Spain.
Well, the other option is that Social Security pays it, so I would give me the same as hard 3 months or 1 month ... to me that when I go to the pharmacy to look for it, they have it, and happy.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
07/20/2016 7:02 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Changing a little subject, while sailing in search of ideas to hide the patch in summer, like other areas (by the way the current patch under the armpit, next to the chest approx, which remains under the bra, is lasting about 18 18Days :( is very disguised in summer but it does not last so long :(), total that I have seen these patches/dressings that look like a tape, which are caps jiji, especially the one that looks like a tattoo. Do you know how could I look for it or where?If I don't remember @jconegar, you taught us some dressings with flags or coloring, but were they not of this tape -type fabric?

Link

valky's profile photo
valky
07/27/2016 11:02 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

No @values ​​that I have are to cover the sensor so that it does not look such ugly gray.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/27/2016 11:36 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

After 28 days without changing a sensor yesterday I change it but the new one goes worse than the old man, will it be possible?
At night I marked 100 and arrow down, capillary control and gives me 175.
In the morning I mark 185 I check with capillary and give 118.
Something tells me that it is not working well.
I decided to stop it and turn it on again.
I don't know if it has happened to you but it is the first time.
It is worth mentioning that the transmitter already gave me the notice that he has 20 days of life, I do not know if he will have something to do.
@gala @jconegar @nacho @inday

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/29/2016 4:53 p.m.

@Afterego has never given me notice of the days that remain to the transmitter, but puts low battery or something.
If it is recently put the same day that it may be some rare value but when you calibrate it must already give good values.
At night if you have slept on the sensor, it may be that there is a variability, do not ask me why but that happens, all day are strange values?
I have already changed some emitters from the Seven and that has never happened to me.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/29/2016 5:22 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@Afterego, to me the first day if it makes me nonsense of disparate results, then well.
@jconegar, Afterego has the G5, so if you give the battery days

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/29/2016 5:44 p.m.

@Vaky, I have arrived there for 37 days ..., minimum 3 weeks

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/29/2016 5:46 p.m.

The two hours have passed and I have calibrate again.
I'll tell you later if it's better
Thank you.
@valky @gala @jconegar @nacho @inday

DiabetesForo
07/29/2016 6:07 p.m.

@Afterego the first day in an invasive continuous meter is the worst, I don't know now the exact reasons, but it has to do with the fact that you just introduced it into your body and is not well adapted yet.

That is why with free freestyle it is recommended to put the new sensor on the last day of the old man, and let it without activating until the next day, so that it measures well from day one.
Doing this with those of Dexcom is nonsense because they are not capped.

The first day of Dexcom I would recommend consulting the glucometer before putting insulin if you plan to adjust the control (objective of -100 mg).

Calibrations should always be made in periods of flat graph for at least half an hour, and without active insulin.
Doing calibrations is essential in Dexcom, and above all not to hurry to calibrate if it is not a good time even if it is measuring you badly, because you get worse and return to the crazy algorithm.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/29/2016 8:36 p.m.

Precisely today is my first day with a new sensor, and I trust the fair, I do not dare to lose 100 just in case, since it does not measure me as fine as ever.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
07/29/2016 8:39 p.m.

It still resists although it is better, one hour after Lunch Dexcom 146 capillary 176.
30 mg/dl difference is more than the 20 that the manufacturer promises but at least it is better than 70.
Hopefully he will accommodate.
With the old man the last week was 10 mg/dl only the difference and sometimes the same.

@Vaky @gala @jconegar @nacho @inday @Artorias

DiabetesForo
07/29/2016 10:45 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.