{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

@jconegar, missing the click

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
06/13/2016 11:07 a.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

@jconegar, missing the click you comment !!!Thanks partner !!

Jaume's profile photo
Jaume
06/13/2016 11:07 a.m.

Diagnosticado, enero 2000
Libre, abril del 2020
Bomba Accu-Chek Insight, julio 2017
con Aps desde octubre del 2019
HbA1c: 7 %

@jaume thanks for telling me, don't see the joy that gives me when I can see that I have been able to help someone !!!!!
If I can help I help, I am nobody in this world, the little that I move through the networks is for trying to raise awareness of what you all already know that I pursue, and if I can help someone I am happy.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/13/2016 11:35 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Good, they have already answered me.They tell me that I can put the tab before putting the sensor;But that if I have any problem, let them know if you have to replace it.

I will tell you when I put it (I hope that in about 3-4 weeks)

nacho's profile photo
nacho
06/13/2016 1:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

nacho said:
good night to all !!!
Today I have received a new box with sensors (I have performed the annual subscription) and the surprise has been that in the first sensor the tab that comes to fit the transmitter came loose, and as seen in the image the sensor was still packed.Has something similar ever happened to you ???Have you put problems to replace it ?????

Thank you very much to all

You can put it again, apart from which it is not necessary either.That usually happens in transport, if it squeezes a little, etc ... but what has been said, do not worry, works perfectly and is expendable (even to put the transmitter, with pushing it is enough), and if you want to put it, whenYou open it, you put it again in its place, it only serves to make lever and push the transmitter.

Greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
06/13/2016 3:20 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

nacho said:
good night to all !!!For water it does not arrive, but it is almost normal.I make a pool, I carry a clock to measure long and others, I have not bought the band that measures the pulse, but that band does not measure your pulsations in the "live" water, but it stores data and when you joinAnd you take your chest and water wrist connect and transfer the data.
I sometimes leave the receiver at the beginning of the pool street, and if I stop to make a break and at that time it coincides with the moment that the meter and the transmitter are put in touch marks the blood glucose (but it is very complicated).

For the "water", there is nothing that is worth (transmission I mean), perhaps if you have it stuck, if it transmits, but it is very attenuated, it has to be stuck.

The solution would be this

Link

It is a kickstarter that was looking for the "pasta" (something like the Pebble, which happens that Pebble needs 1,000,000 and raises 30,000,000 :)), but it would be very good, a totally submersible housing.
Of course, I would have other problems such as alarms (sound) although vibration would be enough.

Too bad you stay in an idea

Greetings

pabloj2000
06/13/2016 3:25 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

jconegar said:
referring to the emission within the water I speak of the G4, the G5 goes through Bluetooth is not the same system or I have it I have no idea.

It supposedly has the same problem ... the G4 and G5 use the same frequency of 2.4GHz .... which can be WiFi or Bluetooth for eg.I think that under water, few domestic frequencies work correctly, as soon as there is something of distance, because ... and more these devices that are not precisely.

Greetings

pabloj2000
06/13/2016 3:30 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

brenda said:
Hello nacho, I explain, the subject is that the roll they gave me measures 5 cm and is a bit fair (the next one I will see if I get it wider), I put aBelow making half a cut for the transmitter and above riding a little, another with its cut also for the transmitter.In this sensor I have tried to simple it with the hole in the middle and stands out above and below as 6 millimeters nothing more, so I will try if it is enough, if not to put another as it explains before you already is.What I advise you is that as I paste, it slopes well, that you never take it off the original of the sensor, because it takes it off from the skin with the risk of loading the sensor, I advise you to put another one on top and it is alreadyIn the previous sensor I changed it three times and I saw that the original patch was breaking and taking off from the skin, it is better to glue another on top.And the rounded corners to last longer.If not, we always have to hit how little it takes off with the wipes that are going great.
If I get it I put a photo.
Let's see if someone is encouraged to try it because it is really cheap and phenomenal.

I already put it several times, with me both with the old Seven and with the G4 it is perfect.If you do not put the foam, no matter how much you cover, it will take off, irritate, etc ... if you put a foam with some consistency, always press and when you take it out, the adhesive is totally smooth and stuck.
Personally, depending on what sweats, it almost always endures me 2 weeks of the sensor without problems.I have tried everything, and for about 7 years, the system that works (I do not need extra adhesives that I also tried, or similar things).Fixomull Transparent 10mx10cm roll (the price is quite reasonable) and you are for 2 years ...

greetings

pabloj2000
06/13/2016 3:36 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

Hello, I join G4 users to see how it works.At the moment I have a small problem and I have bought myself, very cheap that yes, a receiver from UK and the receptor units are mmol/dl, is there any way to change the firmware so that it is in md/dl unitsWill I have to go multiplying head?The truth is that I am going to use an XDrip but since I have the receiver, it would be good to be able to use it if necessary.

enriquec's profile photo
enriquec
06/15/2016 10:04 p.m.

@enriquec but you get it with the lines of alarms in the end you will not need to think.With what value is the high and low alarm you can guide you more or less if it is only for an emergency.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/16/2016 8:55 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thank you @jconegar your messages, not just this, they have served me a lot.
I was excited to change it if you could.I have seen that the firmware can be updated to calculate even better (although I have not achieved or lower the program) and I thought that with some trick the Spanish could be put instead of English.A pity, in any case it is normal for the XDRIP to use.

enriquec's profile photo
enriquec
06/16/2016 9:17 p.m.

Hello!We have been with the girl's second dexcom sensor for 28, some problem of fixing but with Apañejos. Take two days crazy completely, it is time to change it or restart it would be enough? We do not have a receiver with which the interrogations do not come out, we useXDRIP.Thanks !!

beti's profile photo
beti
06/16/2016 9:24 p.m.

The two hours of heating also have to be with stable blood glucose or only when it is calibrated? Ask as a total rookie :)) :))

beti's profile photo
beti
06/16/2016 9:26 p.m.

If it takes you 28 days and begins to give inconsistent values ​​very often I took it away.
Precisely all my sensors have been lasting 27-28 days and from there in the ups and downs of glucose it goes crazy.
Although the last one has lasted 34 days, if I had had an important event or food away from home I would have changed it before.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/16/2016 11:45 p.m.

Beti said:
The two hours of heating have to be also with stable blood glucose or only when it is calibrated? Total rookie question :)) :))

It doesn't matter in themselves two hours, but then a double calibration comes in which the ideal would be that blood glucose was stable and not very high.

But if it can't be the same, when you have stable glycemia you put another calibration and that's it.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
06/16/2016 11:47 p.m.

Today I just put the eighth sensor, and I am always doubting when to remove the old man.The ???And I wait for me to go back to?They spend two hours and do not come back and I remove it?It has been two days since the last ???And now again?I still leave it?Hehe, you finally end up removing it because it is already silly to maintain that uneasiness of whether it will be working well, but it always seems that we want to lengthen.
Although I can't complain in this last sensor, it lasted 35 days!I show you a photo where I took it, behind the arm, quite above.will it be lucky?Hehe, now I have put it under the axila, under the bra as @Gala, as the summer comes, I will have my arms ready to wear (well as soon as I take away a small redness that has stayed when I was leftthe sensor): p
By the way, I've been without a sensor for a day, and how he misses: P

valky's profile photo
valky
06/17/2016 12:54 a.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Thank you @Artorias, I think it will be time to change it, it is good advice.

beti's profile photo
beti
06/17/2016 4:16 p.m.

enrich said:
hello, I join G4 users to see how it works.At the moment I have a small problem and I have bought myself, very cheap that yes, a receiver from UK and the receptor units are mmol/dl, is there any way to change the firmware so that it is in md/dl unitsWill I have to go multiplying head?The truth is that I am going to use an xDrip but since I have the receiver would be good to be able to use it if necessary.

No, you cannot change units or languages.It should be able to do, but no.
The truth is that it is a mess, but as Jconegar says ... I believe that with the lines, you can fix yourself, you can even make an adhesive by modifying the numbers and putting the meiddas in mg/dl.

greetings

pabloj2000
06/17/2016 4:17 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

@values, how are you going with the sensor, is it comfortable?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/21/2016 10:32 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

The truth is less annoyed than I expected :) The only thing that the signal lost a few minutes while the receiver was very close, but then returned.I also put a relationship for better grip, and being a more sensitive area and always being hot and a half sweat now with heat, the dressing is taking off faster.The question will be ... Let's see how long the patch lasts :) I will inform.Thank you!
But what delight to be able to bring visible and fresh arms.My compis of the most relatives who know about the patch (and that as a good law of Murphy they always touched me on the arm that the jiji patch carried), the first day they saw me with clear arms, everyone asked where I wore the patch hehe, Jiji were intrigued.

valky's profile photo
valky
06/22/2016 12:05 a.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.