{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

@Afterego care that if you do many calibrations he goes crazy and then costs him to return to his normal life.Look good that you really have more flat readings when calibrating

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
07/29/2016 11:18 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

jconegar said:
@afterego care that if you do many calibrations he goes crazy and then it is difficult for him to return to his normal life.Look well that you really have more flat readings when calibrating

If it has happened to me before, so I let it accommodate alone but today I have had to guide myself with the capillary more than usual.
The calibrations is a pain could already do as well as with free freestyle that does not require calibration.
Likewise, the alarms are not priced, I have them configured in 100 Low because I immediately put in 78 and the high in 180 in 180 it gives me to correct.

Greetings and thanks

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/30/2016 12:43 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Afterego to us has happened to us.My son's previous sensor was not going well and indeed a few days later the transmitter warned that he was in the last.
Now that the new transmitter has, not only the measurements are re -adjusted but also the sensors last longer.

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
07/30/2016 8:18 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

By the way, it has lasted a fair year (minus 5 days).

aaandres's profile photo
aaandres
07/30/2016 8:18 p.m.

Padre de Andrés, 17 años. Debut: septiembre de 2011.
Levemir (30ud. mañana y 24ud. noche) y Novorapid (en desayuno, comida, merienda y cena 40ud aprox - 24HC/día).
Medidor continuo DEXCOM G4 desde julio 2014
Hemo: 6.2 (Sept. 2013), 7.0 (Dic. 2013), 6.9 (Marzo 2014), 6,6 (Junio 2014), 6,7 (Sept. 2014), 7,0 (Dic. 2014), 7,7 (Mar 2015), 6,9 (Jul. 2015), 7,0 (Sept 2015), 7,4 (Dic 2015), 6,8 (Mar 2016), 6,6 (Julio 2016), 6,8 (Octubre2016)... 7,0 (Mar 2018)

aaandres said:
by the way, it has lasted a fair year (except 5 days).

Thanks for the info.
Indeed, it was only the first day, it was already accommodated and almost giual than the capillary, which if the glue of the upright after a routine in the Gym has already begun to take off, so Tegaderm and a matter of fixed.
Congratulations with the transmitter you do not know how many times I think that because I have not gone for the G4 instead of the G5.
It is a fuck to have to change transmitter every 3 months there the manufacturer has put a list and the only thing that interests them is to take away the pasta.
How much does the G4 transmitter cost?

GREETINGS

@Vaky @gala @jconegar @nacho @inday @Artorias

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/01/2016 3:45 p.m.

@Afterego do not pay much attention to me but I think I was about € 380 but I am not sure, to see if any partner confirms it to you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/01/2016 3:57 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

@afterego @jconegar I luckily have not yet had to renew it.I am novel in its use (only since January of this year), but the price sounds like something like what @jconegar

nacho's profile photo
nacho
08/01/2016 5:13 p.m.

I have found a mail of March 2016 with Novolab where he asked this same question, transmitter price.You are very close, but has changed, the price of the G4 transmitter is:

"The spare transmitter costs 338.00 euros + 10% VAT. In the event that you acquired a sensor subscription, a 10% discount on the transmitter would be made on this price."

albertot's profile photo
albertot
08/03/2016 7:11 p.m.

8 weeks with the same sensor
I'm going to tell you my experience with a G4 lent to my endocrine ... I changed my lantus for the Tresiva and after a very fat scare I told my endocrine that I wanted to return to the lantus and I offered to leave me a G4 to control myself.I went to the educator who is dedicated to it, here in Valencia, and we stayed to return to 14 days to take it out.As I had read, here in the forum, which could be taken without problems for 3 weeks I went to take it out at 14 days and after connecting it to the computer and seeing graphics they asked them to leave me another week, to what they agreed.We always talked about the same sensor, just two days before going back I fell and broke a leg so I called to tell them that this week I couldn't take it ... the educator told me that since they had no more sensors and she lefton vacation that will take him to the hospital when he could ...
And that's how I get the sensor for 8 weeks ...
After the third week, as I did not trust so much, I half capillary 4 times a day and although it is true that sometimes there were oscillations of 20 or 30 to enter the sensor and the capillary in general was going well ... only once I founda difference of 50.During this time he told me about several hypos and as an anecdote say that the next day he gave it a hiccup ...
When I activate the sensor for the eighth time, it was when we started doing strange things and appearing the 3 ???And it was when I decided to take it away, but it has been 8 weeks of almost correct measurements ... It should not say that I had to change the adhesional aposty several times.
Before the eighth week I only got 3 ???Once, the rest restarted and follow.It is clear that I have endured it so much because I had no other to replace it, but it has far exceeded the average duration ...
Now that I have taken the plaster to go to the hospital to return it ...

Greetings, Rafa

rafa1959's profile photo
rafa1959
08/04/2016 1:41 p.m.

Courage with that leg Rafa1959!I'm glad you had a good experience with the MCG.My record is 45 days with a sensor, yes I am very demanding, as long as it is not very fine.It is very important to calibrate when glucose is stable, straight arrow (variation less than 5) and even better if the variation between points is 0 or 1. that is the key for adjusted values ​​... as calibers going down or uploading zassss te te te teosYou load it until you gauge several times more.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
08/04/2016 7:08 p.m.

Do you know if there is any way of knowing what is left of life for the transmitter?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/09/2016 12:33 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

jconegar said:
do you know if there is any way of knowing what is left of life for life?

There is no exact form that I know, you can only know approximate.When I get home, I tell you that I have it kept.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/09/2016 3:12 p.m.

fer said:
hello @pochola, I have been carrying it and I'm delighted! Ask what you need !!;-)

fer said:
hello @pochola, I have been carrying it and I'm delighted! Ask what you need !!;-)

fer said:

Hello, fer:

I am thinking of acquiring a Dexcom and I am liating me seeing all the information on the Internet about this product.
Can you shower with him?
How long do the sensors last?
Is it compatible with bathing in the pool and the beach?
Have you noticed a difference between normal and this meters?
Where do you buy the sensors?Why in Novalab it is very expensive, as I see ...
I am a bit new in the forum and I do not know how they are sent private, but I would like to talk to you to guide me all the doubts I have, since you took time with this device.

Thank you very much in advance.

All the best,

Jorge

JPR's profile photo
JPR
08/09/2016 6:03 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

What I have watched is that the more stable you are the more they last me, how much I have a week of seeing that you go down-red-corriges-lows and thus making peaks, the sensor fails

Gala's profile photo
Gala
08/10/2016 12:15 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

jconegar said:

Well ... if you measure the plates ... and it is in 18.5mv or 19mv .... it doesn't have much left.A new one is in 21MV.Anyway, not that exact either.Worst of all, it can "connect" but it begins to measure badly, notes that the sensors last less, many peaks when you did not have them before.

greetings

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
08/10/2016 1:09 a.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

jconegar said:

From what I remember, in the XBRIDGE project document (Xbridge2.pdf) the protocol between G4 and XDrip transmitter is explained.The transmitter itself, in addition to sending in the data package, the level of glucose, the noise of the data, also sends the battery that you have left.That is why we can see in the XDrip app, within options, this value.

I see right now in my XDrip App that I have the value "217 - OK" with about 6 months of use.From what I have been able to investigate, this number will go down.Approximately 210 will remain a few weeks of life and with 190 already a few days.The number begins to lower faster when approaching 200.

The XDRIP app itself must give a notice when the end this next to order a new one.

I think this number cannot be seen in the official G4 receiver, only in the XDRIP app.In the official receiver I think only OK or not ok battery is seen.

In what number are you and with how much transmitter time?

albertot's profile photo
albertot
08/10/2016 11:10 a.m.

albertot said:
jconegar said:
you know if there is any way of knowing what is left of life for life to the transmitter?

From what I remember, in the XBRIDGE project document (Xbridge2.pdf) the protocol between G4 and XDrip transmitter is explained.The transmitter itself, in addition to sending in the data package, the level of glucose, the noise of the data, also sends the battery that you have left.That is why we can see in the XDrip app, within options, this value.

I see right now in my XDrip App that I have the value "217 - OK" with about 6 months of use.From what I have been able to investigate, this number will go down.Approximately 210 will remain a few weeks of life and with 190 already a few days.The number begins to lower faster when approaching 200.

The XDRIP app itself must give a notice when the end this next to order a new one.

I think this number cannot be seen in the official G4 receiver, only in the XDRIP app.In the official receiver I think only OK or not ok battery is seen.

In what number are you and with how much transmitter time?

That is, this is the info that I have pointed out:
The Developers are Working On It
- APPARENTLY THE NUMBER WILL DECREE RAPIDLY AFTER AROUND 211/212.
The Dexcom Receiver Will Probabry Tell You to Change The Transmitter When the Number Is 208/209
This can Happen in a Few Weeks Time.216 Should Be a New Transmitter.
We Put The "Low/Rather Low" Threshold at 210 and the "Empty/Vary Low" Threshold at 207.
207 is The Value, The Dexcom Receiver Alarms (According to My Rep, One Week to Go, But Didn's Last That Long)

I have it in 216 and I activated it in February.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
08/10/2016 4:47 p.m.

I have it in 212.And I activate it I don't remember I don't have the head to think.
Thank you very much for the information, I will put when I run out, I will try to do the Herman Monster operation with the issuer.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/10/2016 5:43 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Mine are in the last too, I will ask for a new one shortly, but I will also try to do the operation: D

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
08/17/2016 11:39 a.m.

We will see how the operation looks, if someone is good to notify

BanHop's profile photo
BanHop
08/18/2016 10:44 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.