{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

How do they send private?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/24/2014 10:55 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hi @gala,

Click on the name of @tica, here or in the previous message, it will take you to your user file, you will see a menu that says "Send message to ...", where the ... is the name of the destination user,Follow the steps.;-)

Greetings,

fer's profile photo
fer
02/24/2014 12:55 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Hi, it's me again.
It is going quite well to fix the sensors with some wipes that carry a resin that then costs until it is removed.They are called Skin Tac Wipe, and those of Novalab if you ask for samples they are sent for free.
The issuer has already been guaranteed for almost six months.I use it daily and not rest more than two or three days without it, that is, I make an uninterrupted use practically.
If you want to know something else I am open to it.It has made me lower glycosylated hemoglobin a point and a half in two years, and I am much better at all levels, although all this costs me a paston ...
A hug.Vidal.

Vidalete's profile photo
Vidalete
02/24/2014 6:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, I'm new in the forum, I join this theme because I go crazy ... and 14 I wear a dexcom.I am afraid economically speaking, but I see so many positive comments and I think I can put some light to my doubts.I hope to tell you my experience.All the best.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
02/26/2014 11:43 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Hello @pochola, I have been carrying it for 1 year and I am delighted! Ask what you need !!;-)

fer's profile photo
fer
02/26/2014 3:41 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I've been knowing about the existence of this meter for a while but I do not decide, I would not mind spending what the initial kit costs, but the maintenance is very much.

Looking for information about him, I have found this:

Link

What do you think?

I already took the question of the experience after several months.Do you follow the same prices or have they varied?

Greetings

(I edit because I have noticed that it does not replace the receiver. It only serves to send the data online)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/27/2014 6:56 p.m.

I have been reading the manual in Spanish and says that every 12 hours the system must be calibrated.I thought you had almost to forget the meter and it turns out that twice a day you have to use it.It seems to me a gain.I suppose that 12 hours will not be a very rigid standard (for example I get up at 7 pm in the morning and if I calibrate at that time, I should calibrate it at 7:30 in the afternoon) I don't know, I see itA little annoying.

DiabetesForo
02/28/2014 6:29 p.m.

That Abbot flash meter, looks very good.Although it has to be calibrate every 12 hours.Let's see if it arrives soon.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/01/2014 11:37 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Man then punctuate the finger 6 or 8 times a day (like me) to puncture only twice is a good advance, right?

DiabetesForo
03/01/2014 12:14 p.m.

Regina said:
That Abbot flash meter, looks very good.Although it has to be calibrate every 12 hours.Let's see if it comes soon.

What ABBOT flash meter do you mean regina?

DiabetesForo
03/01/2014 2:45 p.m.

Prado said:
Man Well, to prick the finger 6 or 8 times a day (like me) to puncture only twice is already a good advance, right?

It is that in normal days I usually prick about 3 times only.Other days I usually do about 5 or 6 times.And days that I am a little unbalanced or I will run at an hour not normal for my ground to do it depending on the situation.

But my mean is about 3 punctures, I thought about the Dexcom so as not to have to click and also be able to better control my levels (which are not bad) and especially when it comes to running.At first I used to run about 2 half marathons a year, now I've been a couple of years that I don't run any and I don't have as good control as before.

Anyway, I thought that with G4 could forget the meter.

DiabetesForo
03/01/2014 2:51 p.m.

By the way, now with more experience, how much do the sensors usually last and with which you help yourself to prolong the duration?

My intention, in case of buying it, would be to buy it for the offer of one year, finish spending the 7 boxes (within 14, 15, 18 or the months that last me) and then requested later another year.Would that be feasible by the expiration date of the sensors?Do they have short expiration date or not?

Within about 10 days I go to the endocrine and I will comment on the meter to see what it seems.I know they are many questions, but it is also a lot of money.

Greetings and thank you very much

DiabetesForo
03/01/2014 2:56 p.m.

Hi Joseludi, the same has happened to me, they have recommended it and looking for Info I ended up in the forum.All the companions who use it here or have used it have been very useful like this I have finally encouraged me to put it.I start on March 14 so I can't help you much with your doubts.I can tell you that the initial kit with 4 sensors has cost me 1320 VAT included.From March I will be able to tell you how much I can lengthen the life of the sensor (which I hope is a lot for the good of the family economy).

pochola's profile photo
pochola
03/03/2014 11:34 a.m.

Pochola said:
Hi Joseludi, I have been the same, they have recommended it and looking for info I ended up in the forum.All the companions who use it here or have used it have been very useful like this I have finally encouraged me to put it.I start on March 14 so I can't help you much with your doubts.I can tell you that the initial kit with 4 sensors has cost me 1320 VAT included.From March I will be able to tell you how much I can lengthen the sensor's life (which I hope is a lot for the good of the family economy).

It seems that it has dropped a little, to me in an email that came to me at the end of Augustthe association of diabetics to which he was affiliated.That is about 1,350 euros.

What happens is that as VAT rises from 10 to 21 % as it is heard that it will happen, it will do a lot of damage.

# Ionic mode on# yes.In my spare time I dedicate myself to buying antiques and the VAT descent of this sector will compensate for #Ionic Modo Off #

Thank you very much Pochola, I hope you have succeeded with your choice and it works for you all a thousand wonders;)

DiabetesForo
03/03/2014 12:11 p.m.

To me in my house, they have told me to make me to the idea that we have bought an apartment in the south .. and that then in summer they would rent one 15 days .. so that I believe it is mine .. (they have aspark ... what do not see).This is a ruin .. but it is better to spend it on me .. That without my this it makes no sense (#Nengoabuela): D I tell you everything.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
03/03/2014 2:04 p.m.

We wait for your Pochola impressions.

The other day google I found a forum just like this but in English, in which there is a group (section) of Dexcom users:

Link

I have registered and I am looking to see what I see.It seems that it is quite active.I put the link in case someone is interested, but if the moderators do not seem good, I beg you to erase the link, it is not spam or anything like that.

Greetings

DiabetesForo
03/03/2014 5:51 p.m.

Good morning, finally on Friday I put on Dexcom.To start saying that the first day the area hurt a lot, and today three days later something hurts me again .. although Saturday and Sunday I didn't not even notice it.I have placed it on the side of the abdomen above.But I think I will have to try in the arm.The theme of the paste and others .. for the moment today is the fourth day and is still stuck wonderfully, I put a white dress up cutting the gauze to affirm the transmitter and point.

Tell you to see if you can give me a hand with any doubt.The first day I marked me practically exact, everything has been great Friday and Saturday too.But last night, for example, Pito Hican and had 123. And today in the morning he was also very outdated.It is supposed to calibrate it twice a day and with the fool I have been three from last night.

This weekend made checks and everything was great .. I was very excited but today I am a little downturn.Because between the inconvenience and that 25 points are leaving ... also of course how there is that 10 -minute lag .. Maybe I am having a demanding one.

I have been doing all the weekend.Eating things and seeing how it goes up and down.Walking .. and so on.It is like a toy with many possibilities.

An example that I put on you .. I was having paste with protein and then walked ... at the hour and a half - two hours .. it gave perfect 110 and in the morning on an empty stomach 80 .. with which I said: "Great" because the dexcomHe told me: "You don't believe it," at two and a half hours, the sugar began to climb and it hit me 4 hours from night to 160 ... with which .. change of plans ..

Are the first Díás and the first contacts .. Who gives me any counseling?Greetings to everyone

pochola's profile photo
pochola
03/17/2014 8:57 a.m.

The first days are a bit like that, of evidence, you begin to realize that the "supposedly straight" line is not so straight, we are constantly uploaded and down.I have realized that many things that I thought were going up a lot or very quickly do not do so and vice versa and that Coca Cola Light is not so light or at least in my case, I climb a little, I don't know if othersPeople will have done the test but I could go up, could open a topic with Coca Cola, right?In plan: Alguen Mas Upload the sugar with Coca Cola Light?He he!!
As a advice, I did not adjust all the alarms because you would go crazy, I called the apparatus "Tamagochi because I was attending all day to his calls: High (he put 150 and of course the meals whistpe Q whit80 The whole Dïa by whistling and going down, going up, eats, click, pirque you try to be perfect toodo the day, let's go bored and my husband X the nights I say nothing (my main problem were the night drops before putting it on)Pita.
In which area you exactly carry it, already in the rib area or still in the gut?, I have believed to read.,
The adhesive lasts 15 days without problem stirring from there with an aposty just like you leaving the hole or with novelty even though it takes off more, the last sensor lasted 1 month fair.
The lags ... Yes, it ever does the occasional nonsense, but it usually correct alone, when you give you a lot, sometimes more than 40 at once so that I make myself a third and the figure that best looks together with the dexcom to calibrate.
That the area hurts you is more weird, what happened to me at the beginning is that I was very aware of the sensor all the time, that nothing was rubbing, that I would not take off, not to pump on it when I was in bed... Everything was a danger and any little thing that rubbed me was as if they were killed, but because my quadWithout obsessing me.
You will take the quiet, that then you look lost without it, you get used to giving the button and know how you walk.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/17/2014 4:07 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Thank you very much Gala, your experience helps me a lot, so I am delighted to listen to all your advice, because it seems that I am going to become psychotic with the device.In principle I am happy more or less perfect brand, but at night it is when it goes crazy .. I have the alarm of Hicm in 70 and last night 69 going down and it turns out that in blood I had 123. What annoyed! Is it normal orIs there any trick to avoid it how to calibrate it at 12 at night or so?Caliber and sleep.I think I have a lot to learn and maybe be more patient.

Regarding the trends, I am hallucinating it, because seeing how food affects it is spectacular .. I always walk after eating and dinner and I see that although it did well at the hour and a half then the curve begins to rise like a crazyIn Pico but if it remains a few hours in 150 or so and I think that should not be good, to see what the endocrine tells me.

I have been placed on the ribs just, the first day when I put it on me a lot, such as punctures or fortísimos cramps, then Saturday and perfect Sunday .. I practically did not even notice it and yesterday morning it was horrible again it hurt me however it hurt however theafternoon and today perfect.I don't know if I hit him unintentionally or have no idea ... What place does it come to you better?My husband told me to try the next patch on my left arm.

Forgive for all the questions, I am a bit impatient and expectant with "Paquito" (they have baptized him in my house, which have a lot of sense of humor).

pochola's profile photo
pochola
03/18/2014 5:51 a.m.

Pochola, a continuous meter (at least the current ones) does not offer too much reliability in their results.How valuable they have is the trend, that is real.If you mark that you go up, it doesn't matter if you put 145 and you have 176 in blood (or vice versa).The important thing is that it will really be going up, and you will take action.It is very useful.And it is its main advantage, beyond knowing your supposed blood glucose, which you will verify that you have to take it with tweezers many times.

Gala, the glycemia raises the coca light that is nothing more than water, without essences, juices, or absolutely nothing ... "Ma Matao".Your glycemia may already go up at that time, regardless of whether you drink coca light, water or whatever.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
03/18/2014 10:56 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.