{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

@Irenemv, they are financed in 3 terms I think I remember, just now with these things of crises they can make you more deadlines, but 3 insurance and the annual subscription as well.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/21/2016 3:28 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Ok, I will ask then how much they could finance it.Thanks to both.

IreneMV's profile photo
IreneMV
03/21/2016 3:30 p.m.

DM1. Debut: 1998 / Bomba de insulina 2007 / Últ. glico.: 6,7% febrero -2018 / Sin complicaciones.

@Arotorias What do you comment on the G5 receiver is the same as the G4 is safe, does not Bluetooth go to the G5?And with another more accurate software?
And what about Android is official?What do not matter here until they have Android system?
I am interested in this information if you are sure 100 %.
A million thanks.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/21/2016 11:01 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

jconegar said:
@arctors what you comment on the g5 receiver is the same as the G4 is safe, does not the G5 go through Bluetooth?And with another more accurate software?
And what about Android is official?What do not matter here until they have Android system?
I am interested in this information if you are sure 100 %.
A million thanks.

No, the G5 is not the same as that of the G4, it referred to what they do the same in issues of seeing glucose and alarms and such.
The G4 Share through a software update becomes a G5 receiver, but stops assessing the G4 and this change can no longer be undone.This is what they were doing in the US
The normal G4 receiver in Spain cannot be updated in this way since it does not have Bluetooth, you will need to buy a receiver again.

That the software is more accurate is more rumor than anything else.Let's see the G5 carries the 505 software that has 9% MRD, compared to 13% Mard of the old G4 algorithm.
But the 505 has been available for G4 for more than a year through a software update.In other words, a G4 can be equally accurate as a G5.
What I do not know if this software update can be done with the receptors sold in Spain, or it is necessary to be the Share version.You should ask Dexcom or Novalab.

Android what I have read is that the plan was to have the approval of the app for Android by the health authorities before expanding market, since in many Android countries it is the majority.But come on, it is no official confirmation.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/22/2016 12:13 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Info about algorithm 505 (news more than a year ago): Link

"And Yes! Dexcom's New Algorithm Scores Lower than Anything We've Seen-The First Single-Digit Mard of 9.0%, Combased to 13% in the Previous G4 Algorithm."

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/22/2016 12:21 a.m.

So ... Does anyone know if you can update the Dexcom G4 receptors in Spain with the new 505 most accurate algorithm?

albertot's profile photo
albertot
03/22/2016 10:14 a.m.

The questions so soon, it is not usual, at least in the four sensors I have put on.
By the way, with the latter I have broken my record, 40 days!:) Post on the left arm.Now I have put it on my right arm to see if it lasts similar.Well I had to Canvia the dressing about 3 times in all this time, and that is that the previous sensor was taking off from the little dots, and I said, Bua, after the shower carefully I get the dressing, and zasca, drying me, I amThe sensor fell :( now it doesn't happen to me, from the first day of new patch, with Skintac and Hidrofylm Jiji.

Total that the questions about about the 30th began to appear, I ignored them, and they returned to the 36th, I already thought that I finished but lengthened until the 40so precise).

valky's profile photo
valky
03/22/2016 11:38 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

The questions have been removed ... Go for day 9 and it seems that it is going well, thanks.
I have been free at the same time (I am both evaluating both) and I must tell you that the free reacts before the rapid glucose changes ... the free must be recognized that it is a cucumber as a sensor and without calibration.Today I would keep the Dexcom G4, but only for alarms.As a pure and hard sensor I think that today is a step ahead

albertot's profile photo
albertot
03/23/2016 9:32 a.m.

I like Dexcom more than free for alarms, that you are neglected and not aware of how you are, as @albertot says and because of the comfort of not being passing the reader through the arm, that when I used it I entered complexChinese cat all day giving the arm,

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/23/2016 10:19 a.m.

@albertot are different are not very comparable, which is happening to you with a free sensor does not mean that it happens to you with the next one.
With Dexcom you already know that you will not have hypos, the notes or not.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/23/2016 11:43 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

@Gala hahaha how good the Chinese cat when they became fashionable they were everywhere.Well and the people who pass the mobile, is that the convicted devices are really hooking.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/23/2016 11:46 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Good afternoon friends !!
In the end I decided to buy the G4, I go for the second sensor and the first lasted me 17 days putting it with Skin Tac and protecting it with Opsite dressings.
At first the alarms failed, because they did not sound when they should or did it several times in a row after confirming the notice.Now they have improved a lot and seem to function as indicated in the manual.
The main problem I have detected is that it fails a lot in the glucose values ​​measured.I check with the glucometer and approximately every 2 days on average the Dexcom throws a fairly outdated value (difference of 50 or even more).
The truth is, I am considering returning it and stop using it because I expected greater reliability.
Greetings.

ocd93's profile photo
ocd93
03/25/2016 5:58 p.m.

That of repeating the alarms, you in the menus, although you confirm it is you who have to tell how much time they are repeated, if you upload and lower you if they will sound again, many times it goes up and lows us just where we have the limitThink that every 5 minutes you send you a measurement.I imagine that you will have seen that Dexcom recognized a possible mistake in that they do not sound, have you filled it, have you called them?Because we go if the first thing I do is to call me, if I have it is for the alarms.
The issue of differences that you comment so exaggerated according to 50 is strange that it happens, perhaps the first day you have some difference, or that the high does not mark it well or others, and you have to put a calibration, but in two sensors differences50 is not normal, the companions who also think, where have you put it on?
I imagine that these checks will be doing them when it is really stable and not going up or lowering anything, because it is not real, in 15 minutes that difference and more can exist.Look that detail.
How many times do you check the glucose with the glucometer and meter?What hours?Can you put the values ​​for trying to help you?The meters usually have memory and with Dexcom you can see it without problems.
Do they let you return it?How long have you given you to try it?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/25/2016 6:14 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Good, as @jconegar tells you, those differences are strange, and on many occasions they can even be due to the glucometer.The other night, before dinner, marked me 90, I measured with glucometer and 152 !!!!I did not believe it, I took out another strip, with the same drop of blood 122, and with another strip 100 !!!!Which one I think of all ????Well, according to my experience and what my body tells me, I think it was closer to 100 than 150

nacho's profile photo
nacho
03/26/2016 12:17 p.m.

@jconegar, thanks for your comments and your desire to help, but I get the impression for your comments that you have a partial and clearly favorable position to the use of the device.I think this forum should serve to collect different opinions and experiences with the G4.We know that yours is fabulous, but what interests before buying the device is a larger sample and many opinions of different users.Also clarify that I have dedicated a lot of time to read the manual and I always put effort to do things well, more with health at stake.I have a lot of caution when placing the sensor and also in the showers or when exercising.
I know that you can program the alarms, I have read the instructions well because it is not easy.But the first days I am sure I did not behave as indicated in the instructions.He vibrated once and without confirming it, he did not whistle again, or vibrated and after confirming it, he vibrated just to the next measure, when the least possible repetition time is 15 minutes.
I did not know that Dexcom had recognized the mistake that the alarms did not sound, it is something basic because if you cannot trust, bad matter.They should have notified me before buying the G4 because in that case I would not have acquired it.I know that I can call them and I know that I have 40 days to return it, so I want to try it well in case any more failure, as is the case that the glycometer values ​​do not often coincide with those of the G4.And I do not think it is for the glucometer because many times I do 2 tests with him and they coincide, sometimes the G4 warns of that I have the low glucose and I do not notice or notice that in the glucometer.
The differences has happened to me with the 2 sensors that I have used, from the beginning, it has not only been the first days.Not only is there a difference with the high, also with the leave, even sometimes he warns at night that you are with hiccups and you really don't have it so low.It is not because of the calibration because I as soon as the drop comes out indicating that you have to calibrate, I do it.
I have put the sensor in the abdominal zone, next to the navel.It is well placed, with Skin Tac and pickosite dressing, and during use the rallas or interrogations never come out, the reading is done correctly.Only at the end of the sensor's life, when it begins to take off, it is when the stripes and interrogations appear.
The differences you say, there is a 10 -minute delay between blood glucose values ​​and the values ​​given by G4.I have proven it when the glucose is stable or I have already had that difference in case there are slight promotions or descents.
Since I have the G4 I do 5 or 6 daily readings with the glucometer to check if the G4 values ​​are reliable.And as I said, every 2 days on average there is a reading that escapes about 50 mg/dl.I have the values ​​pointed out, but I do not think the exact values ​​are relevant and it would make me waste a lot of time.
@Nacho, thanks for your contribution too.That glucometer that you say that I gave these readings humbly advise you to change it, it is nothing reliable.A normal device may have a gap of 20-30 mg/dl between two readings in a row, but cannot vary from 100 to 152.
Greetings.

ocd93's profile photo
ocd93
03/26/2016 2:05 p.m.

@ocd93 Look I agree that all the sweets that can wear an MCG with alarms do not care if it is dexcom or pump 640 g, alarms yes, because the hypos may once in life do not notice.It does not go like other companions of the forum that endure up to 6 weeks and well, or 5.
The only thing I intend is to try, just that, I don't really know what tone you say it, but it is like that.It is the same as the drop comes out, with upward or low trends you should not calibrate, it is my advice.
As for what you tell @nacho humbly I do not agree with you I have 4 different glucometers and many times in it you get huge differences and when you call the houses they tell you that this difference of 40/50 mg is normal.
Of course, the forum is to comment and help us, and put how we believe it can be helped, at no time have I said that you do not put anything, really, there are colleagues who are luxurious to the Free as Joseludi and in life I haveSaid nothing that their position is very favorable, others are better 640 g and they speak well.It is the first time I read a comment like yours in the forum.
And I really don't care what you do, I can help, it's from the device, you know little, very little but here we are a family and the comments put them for that.
Nor do I understand if the use of Dexcom is so complicated because you did not call them to explain you because I know colleagues here who have called 50 times and have attended them, just like Dexcom, Medtronic or Abbott.
I don't care about one or the other.
Each one is a world and we are needed one thing.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/26/2016 2:27 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@ocd93, I don't understand the comment.I believe that @jconegar all he does is show his opinion and try to help.If your experience with the device is good and wants to indicate it, what a problem there is that you will look for a bad opinion, and I say without bothering)
As for the glucometer that I commented I only told you to show you that sometimes the glucometer itself can be wrong.Normally when I calibrate the sensor after starting it, the two measurements to be done are almost exact, but that does not take away so that the glucometer gives these results (it was just that).
I carry very little with the Dexcom, and I cannot comment much, but as the companions always say more than with the exact fact I am learning to keep the trend and how to interpret that trend.It is clear that if the differences are very large, it does not help much.

nacho's profile photo
nacho
03/26/2016 7 p.m.

Nothing happens Nacho, I always try to help the fullest that I can, I always offer everything that is trying not to get into certain issues that I consider more than the doctors who say it should be, although perhaps I could comment.
I understand that we can think of more, but we want who wants to know something specific about me that I ask without turning and answered without problems, and here in the forum no private, humility and sincerity the first.
I think that many people from this forum have my mobile, and some have been able to call me or Wasear, and not only for Dexcom but for many more issues than by Dexcom, which have been the least number of conversations.
I don't really take any comment, what I don't like is that you understand things that are not, that I have already received a message or wasap talking about what they have put and the intention with which I could go, but I don'tIt matters, because perhaps we all understand it badly.
I will continue sharing how little I know, because for me this forum is special in our world.
In my life I have sports illusions, for me very great, for others they will be shit, but my only intention
I have precisely realize how important we are all in this world that surrounds us, and looking for bad vibes I don't feel like anything.And see that we have created debates related to the MCG and we all talk and think, each one has some preferences and we must respect them.But please do not judge.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/26/2016 7:36 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

The thanks to your comments and proposals were and are totally sincere @jconegar.It seems to me that this forum is of great help and all opinions are welcome and respected.At least I understand that a forum is for each one to express their opinion and that is what I did, without missing anyone of course.Maybe you did not understand me well, what I meant is that someone who is in doubt of buying the G4 what interests him is to listen to all kinds of experiences, the more the better.Yours is extremely positive, but I think it is best to gather a few opinions to get a more real idea.
@Nacho, with respect to the glucometers I still think the same, an apparatus that has differences of 50 mg/dl between two measures in a row is not reliable.But each one decides.
I agree with you @jconegar, humility and sincerity the first, always.And looking for bad vibes the latest.And to understand things that are not always happen, in every comment that is done, things that are not, but that is already a matter of each one can be understood (explain the best possible and understand what is meant).
I only intend to provide one more experience with the device in case it can be useful, so that other aspects of which nobody not knows before buying it is also known, because everything must be valued.
Greetings and to control well.

ocd93's profile photo
ocd93
03/27/2016 6:43 p.m.

To me in 3 years, almost 4 from Dexcom, it has never happened to me that there is so much difference between the capillary the Dexcom if it was in a stable period, and even after a meal that you are in full up they go quite even, those differences to myThey happen to me when the sensor is about to die, that you end up doing more controls than if you do not carry it, but what has happened to me is what @Nacho has said, to make me capillary and 150, repeat because I do not fit the resultand 94, return to do it and 122, sometimes I have repeated up to 6 times to see what figures were repeated more and as @jconegar said, with the same drop of blood in 2 equal gluconometers and one 72 and another 94, and what do I do, I do, ILike a cookie or do I stay as I am?
@ocd93, will you not be taking paracetamol?I say it because last year I took a deadly flu of necessity, I took an antigripal, which almost everyone contains paracetamol and you don't see how the clamp was going ... As soon as I was fine as I gave me 200.
The dexcom alarms, Dexcom also clarifies that the failures normally coincide with transmitter drops or that has been wet.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/27/2016 6:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.