{'en': 'Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know', 'es': 'Dexcom G4 - Todo lo que necesitas saber'} Image

Dexcom G4 - Everything you need to know

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2013 3:16 p.m.

@albertot listen to Gala, they will tell you to download the data in your program and send them.
But you do not disappoint you for this, in 3.5 years I have only left one that gave me mistakes and questions from the first day.And as she says, some who have left questions at 6 day for a few hours later has lasted 4 weeks without problems.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/14/2016 12:26 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thank you very much @jconegar @gala.I endure it.Today the interrogations "???" come.Anyway, if repeated before Thursday (when 7 days ago), I would call Novolab.

Already put and seeing that you are experts another question: Does the annual subscription interest right?There are 7 boxes of 4 sensors.If each sensor endured around a month, it would have sensors for 2 years.I understand that asking for the leftover boxes at the end of the first year and taking into account that the sensors has an expiration of almost 1 year (those who now send me expire on January 31, 2017) could use 1 annual subscription for 2 years, right?

Thank you!

albertot's profile photo
albertot
03/14/2016 9:42 a.m.

Yes, do not have problems with expiration, which expired perfectly

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/14/2016 10:11 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

If you can be worth the annual subscription.They send you the boxes by messaging as you need them.
As Gala tells you, they work without problems even if they are expired, I have used a year expired and without problems.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/14/2016 11:30 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

As for the duration of each one we are a world, test in different areas, it is the only way to find sorry zone, it may even be one arm better than another, one side belly better than another .... to me theBarriga is what I like least although we have a partner who has taken more than 5 weeks in the belly, I have never achieved that

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/14/2016 11:33 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Hello good!!!!Well, after two months of use of the Dexcom I have managed to lower my gydate a bit and I am quite happy.In December it was in 7.3, and now 6.7.I am sure that it is not only due to the device, but it is true that in this short time it has served me a lot.
Greetings to all (and encouragement before the days of torrijas and others that are presented to us :)) :)))

nacho's profile photo
nacho
03/18/2016 8:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Very good Nacho, and you will see how you casualt more, as you will control more with the alarm theme.
You will adjust them and you will run until you get the situation a lot.
Little by little, and the device helps you but you are the one who makes decisions and you are doing it very well.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/18/2016 8:54 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

I already got the Dexcom on Wednesday and I put it on !!The truth is that it is great and the alarms of 55 are not giving me war as I feared.Let's see how long it lasts.I put it in the abdomen to try in the worst place to see how long the arm.The truth is that here is uncomfortable when sitting and others but I will try.Hydrofilm is very good too.

Thank you all for the advice and now to see how it evolves.

jegalonso's profile photo
jegalonso
03/18/2016 9:47 p.m.

42 años, DT1 desde los 12 años. HbA1c: 5.3%
Dexcom G6 - Humalog y Toujeo

Try not to rub you with your pants, not much with your shirt if you fit when you feel, you have to move the minimum.
Anyway, the 55 alarm should prevent it from sounding to carry good control, put a higher alarm to prevent it from reaching 55.
Think that it goes with 15 min delay and that 55 is being lowered it will really be 45 possibly and it is already played with fire.
The good thing about being the alarms you want is to prevent it from reaching the preferred alarm of 55.
Well don't take it badly, it's advice.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/18/2016 9:58 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Hello everyone!I am new in the forum and, precisely, I have found it looking for information from glucose meters (first I had only heard the freestyle and I have seen information from this) but, for the price, I do not think I decide.My case is as follows: I have been more than a year and a half (as a consequence of an operation of cervical discourse with sequelae) with many severe hypoglycemia, at this time, not less than 10, with two hospital income, attentions of 061 in minimum 6or 7, in addition to the unpleasant for my wife and daughter (only 5 years now), to find myself unconscious, foaming mouth, seizures, etc., etc.They have passed me at any time, the night being the least predictable by all, obviously.As I imagine it will happen to many, my problem is that with more than 20 years of diabetes, hypoglycemia is increasingly detected.As a consequence of having to endure at work and not be ableLimit to fall into the unconsciousness of severe hypoglycemia becomes so fine, that it happens to me.Since they operated on me and with so much medication, everything has gone worse.
Anyway, I don't want to bore you much, so I'll go to the point.I understand that this meter would make me better than freestyle, right?I have read that the G5 is already in the US, would it be better to wait for this for mobile readings? I have spoken with the endocrine and tells me that it does not work if you do not have insulin bomb for the alarms (I do not have a bomb ofinsulin), is this true? ... and finally, in case I can do something to buy it ... where do you advise buying it so that something cheaper can leave?And can the payment be postponed?
Sorry for so sorry and thanks in advance for your help !!

sllf's profile photo
sllf
03/19/2016 12:47 a.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

It is not true that that the endo tells you, as is usually the usual norm they are unaware of everything.
Dexcom G5 As you say it gives you readings through a Bluetooth issuer information in the mobile, but you are forced to buy the receiver too.It only goes with iPhone and the iPhone batteries for now are not wonderful and the mobile does not last you one day or by Asomo, in addition to having a limited life the emitter at 3 months and the expense is much greater.The software it carries is more precise than Dexcom G4.No bomb can receive information for now from Dexcom G5.
Dexcom G4 is going to continue manufacturing is cheaper than Dexcom G5, I have G4 and I have no intention of changing it.
If it is to have a remote controlled child and you can, I can, I advise G5 but I would not tell you to think about it.
The best thing you can do is call the Novalab laboratory and tell you because it will be the most reliable source of all.It is a national telephone so it does not cost 918024515 are sincere and will never deceive you.
I carry Dexcom 3.5 years and I have asymptomatic hypos and the real real ones, without sweat or tremors, I fall round to the ground directly, I have had two very serious, thanks to Dexcom with their alarms this happened to history.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/19/2016 1:30 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@jagalonso, M is glad you are going well, I hope it lasts a long time.
In the gut it is uncomfortable, especially for the posture in which I have to work, I curled with my pants continuously and I just spent so much scanning and getting up.
As @jconegar told you, if you do not see the alarm of 55 much better, I have them in 140 the high and 80 the casualIf I see an 80 with the oblique arrow down or directly, yes, if, if it is flat, I am watching that many times it stays still and I do not have to do anything, it would be a glory that was always like that ... hehHeh

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/19/2016 10:12 a.m.

@sllf, as @jconegar told you, what the endocrine has told you is a lie like the cup of a pine, he has no idea.
If there is a continuous meter, the Enlite, that pada values ​​to the pump so that it is stopped or started depending on the values ​​that the MCG gives it, but we are going that you can use without a pump equally.

On the other hand, there is the Dexcom, the G4 if you can associate the pump, with the animas, but this will not modify anything by itself, the DEXCOM only transmits data so that those who use a bomb, save themselves by having havingthan wearing the receiver in your pocket, nothing more.
The Dexcom G5 is not yet in Spain and is not compatible as of today with any bomb and if you do not have an iPhone you will have to take the receiver just like with the G4, apart from the fact that the transmitters of the G4 last 1 year and those of the G5, 3 months and the same is the g4 as each of the G5, that each, its economy
Regarding the sensors, they are guaranteed for 1 week, it is normal for them to last 2 and from here, each one is a world, there are people who last 3, to me 4, some 5, here there is some partner whoIt has lasted 49.Dias ....
Dexcom if he finances, at least in 3 deadlines if they let you pay it, but about this the best as @jconegar told you, call No Novalab because they still have another system of financing.
The majority of people who carry the Dexcom do not use a bomb so so that you tell your endocrine and that a little more is reported, that they don't know what he speaks of but not bad report.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/19/2016 10:43 a.m.

@Gala that our phone and we explain it hahahaha.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/19/2016 11:02 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Thank you very much @jconegar and @gala for your help!I already imagined that my endocrine was not very well informed, but I did not want to go into discussion with him.I recommended only freestyle, but I do not see that for my case, although the difference in price is very considerable.Another doubt that I have is in the transmitter, which lasts a year?I don't understand it, sensors up to a month, transmitting a year ... Anyway, I don't find out very well.Ah!And finally, in the Dexcom can you also put reactive strips like in the freestyle?This told me my endocrine that was an advantage to save money in the months I saw me better controlled, I don't know.Thank you so much!

sllf's profile photo
sllf
03/19/2016 11:08 a.m.

Diabético tipo I desde 1990 y tengo 50 tacos. En Abril de 2017 con Minimed 640g y su MCG. Hoy estoy con Minimed 780G. Financiado MCG por la SS desde Junio-2018. Hipertensión arterial y ocular. Colesterol. Operado de 2 hernias discales cervicales (C5-C6 y C6-C7) pero con diagnóstico de "Operación fallida". La diabetes todo me lo perjudica....y nos arruina, la Seguridad Social debería financiar A TODOS!!!!! no cuando estás medio muerto como a mí!!!
Última HBA1C: 6,5% (después de muchos años en 9%)

@sllf, get here, I see that you don't know what the Dexcom is like
Link
So you see what the sensors and the transmitter are.
Not the dexcom is not glucometer, the hair controls are still scanning them with the one you have

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/19/2016 11:25 a.m.

The sad thing is that we have to inform here of the differences between the freestyle, the dexcom, literate etc ... because the endocrin@ has no pajolera idea of ​​how they work one or the other, send hu ... s, with forgiveness!!

@sllf if you have asymptomatic hypos and economically you can afford it, or think about it ..

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/19/2016 11:34 a.m.

@jconegar, it is unfiring that endocrine, that they should be informed of these things, not only do not have an idea but they dedicate themselves to saying things without foundation when patients ask them, that they simply say that they do not know these devices, it is already
Mine at first told me not to spend the money that was unreliable, now how 1 it does is ask me the graphics ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/19/2016 11:37 a.m.

My girl has been using since August last year, at this time the Dexcom has helped us detect several problems: too slowly insulin, gastroparesia, Somogyi ...

As a result, the last gyted has been the best he has had in his entire life (after 31 years of diabetes), he barely has the nausea that accompany gastroparesis, 3 meals a day ago (before he only made one), he can calculate much betterThe amount of glucose you need if you go down, you have almost disappeared a problem in the hands that made you get up with both inflamed to the point of not being able to flex your fingers, and of course, you know when you can "sin" a little.

The endocrine thing is of guard court, when we told him that we thought of an MCG his question was "What brand?", And all the cousulture revolved around Medtronic.In the end.....

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
03/19/2016 12:59 p.m.

I totally agree with doctors and endocrine, if we did not have these forums and good people like you would be very complicated because there are always a thousand doubts and few answers.

I have the alert to 80 and thus anticipate, the one of 55 could only get dawn in the morning because I have it very controlled in very soft fall and I wake up in 75-80, once in 55 hence the thing I was afraid of,But now with the 80's it is ready.
I agree with you, in the abdomen it is uncomfortable, the next to the arm.

jegalonso's profile photo
jegalonso
03/19/2016 1:06 p.m.

42 años, DT1 desde los 12 años. HbA1c: 5.3%
Dexcom G6 - Humalog y Toujeo

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.